• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
What's this from, I know it's from something I just can't remember...

It's from the Fairly OddParents. Timmy needed a ride to school, but his dad was trying to turn the car into a giant fighting robot.

Love the bad-grammar robot :D
Who doesn't?

XD Yeah, what is it called? Maybe a headpeice?
I have no idea.

Spongebob forever!
Quoted for truth.

I think it's supposed to be "all of the sudden" not "a sudden".
Yeah, you're right. I'll fix that.

And THIS is the first time the narrator hasn't complemented himself once! O_O

O_O Damn, you're right!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 14: Good Vibrations

Jack took a Great Ball from his belt, as the narrator unpocketed a regular Poké Ball and Miror B. took one out of his afro. They all looked at one another, and threw the balls simultaneously. In flashes of light, there appeared Jack's Primeape, the narrator's Chatot, and unsurprisingly, another of Miror B.'s Ludicolo. Primeape, Chatot, and Ludicolo stared down Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon. At that point, Missingno. Master boomed,

"BEGIN!"

"Ludicolo," said Miror B., "Give us a Rain Dance, and do it good!"

Ludicolo started dancing about, causing the usual downpour. Jack then gave the next order.

"Primeape, go! Target Flygon with your Fury Swipes!"

Primeape dashed through the rain, straight towards Flygon, and prepared to slash at it mercilessly. Then, quite suddenly, the receptionist ordered Flygon to use Fly! Flygon flapped its great wings, and took to the air, making Primeape's Fury Swipes miss completely.

"Don't give up, Primeape! Use Thunder!" called Jack.

"What?! NO!" exclaimed the narrator, but he was too late. Primeape fired a jagged bolt of lightning upwards, and it hit Flygon dead on. However, Flygon wasn't the least bit fazed by the attack, and proceeded to swoop down towards Primeape.

"Jack, you numbskull, electric attacks don't work on Ground-type Pokémon!

"I KNOW that, but what's that got to do with Flygon?!"

"Flygon is Dragon and Ground!"

"Not Dragon and Flying?"

"NO! Chatot, Sky Attack now! Intercept that Fly attack!"

As Chatot zoomed forward to hit Flygon, Ludicolo was left to deal with Trapinch and Vibrava.

"Trapinch, Crunch! Vibrava, Dragon Pulse!"

Trapinch lunged forward and clamped its massive maw on Ludicolo's left arm. Meanwhile, Vibrava launched a greenish sphere of energy towards Ludicolo.

"Ice Punch, now!" sang Miror B. Ludicolo formed a fist with its right hand, which quickly became encased in ice. It then swung it at the Dragon Pulse, stopping it in its tracks. Then, Ludicolo swung again at Trapinch. Thinking quickly, Trapinch released its grip on Ludicolo and fell off. As a result, Ludicolo wound up punching its own arm. The afflicted spot quickly became frozen in ice, which started to spread.

The narrator spotted Miror B.'s predicament. Fortunately, the Sky Attack was sufficient to knock Flygon back, protecting Primeape. The narrator called out,

"Chatot, help Ludicolo! Break that ice with Fury Attack!"

"Awwk! Si, senor!" Chatot flew over to Ludicolo, and began pecking at the ice furiously. However, this resulted in little more than Chatot's beak getting bruised.

"Awwk! OWWW!"

The narrator buried his face in his hands. Meanwhile, the entire top half of Ludicolo was encased in ice. Suddenly, Miror B. got an idea.

"Ludicolo, crash into Flygon with Giga Impact!"

Somehow, Ludicolo heard its massive-afro'd trainer through the thick layer of ice, and charged towards Flygon, streaks of purple and yellow swirling around it. Jack noticed that Ludicolo was running rather quickly, and gave Miror B. a questioning look.

"This Ludicolo of mine, as well as the other one that the narrator did not identify as having Rain Dish, they have Swift Swim. I think that that charming Qwilfish has made you familier with the effects of it, no?"

Jack grimaced, remembering the sheer speed of the ridiculously powerful Qwilfish. Then the grimace turned to a grin, as Ludicolo's ice-assisted Giga Impact connected with Flygon, shattering the ice, and knocking Flygon over. Before the receptionist could get farther than "Flygon, use SonicBoo-", Flygon was KO'd. Returning Flygon to its ball, she instead focused on Trapinch.

"Trapinch, now, Gust attack!"

Trapinch opened its mouth, and howled loudly. A great tornado then appeared before it, and made its way towards Ludicolo.

"Chatot, Heat Wave!"

Squawking loudly, Chatot flapped its wings, creating a red haze. However, the Gust attack merely absorbed the red haze. Now a red-hot whirlwind was making its way towards Ludicolo.

"Ludicolo, quick! Water Gun now!" called Miror B. Ludicolo quacked as it sprayed a blast of water at the twister. Slowly, it began to lose its redness, but it still moved towards Ludicolo. Desparate, Miror B. called out to Ludicolo.

"Use Metronome!"

Everyone looked at Ludicolo as it began wagging its fingers back and forth, which were slowly starting to glow.

...!

Suddenly, Ludicolo's pineapple... head... thingy began to glow pink. It then fired a thin, pink beam, which went straight through the Gust attack, causing it to stop. Then, the beam hit Trapinch, causing a catastrophic explosion!

"WHAT THE?!" gasped Miror B., Jack, the receptionist, and half the people in the crowd.

"That had to be Spacial Rend!" exclaimed the narrator.

Emboldened by this succes, not to mention the fact that the Trapinch was now KOed, Miror B. called for another Metronome attack. Ludicolo wagged its fingers once more, Miror B. clearly hoping for another grand attack, such as Aeroblast, or Mist Ball, or maybe even..

"...Splash?!"

Jack was quite right. Ludicolo was hopping around in an almost ridiculous manner. Clearly, Metronome had called up a Splash attack. The receptionist chuckled, then immediately called out,

"Vibrava, now! Use Ominous Wind!"

Vibrava quickly flapped its wings and was airborne. It then flapped them even harder, causing a black wind to blow from them. Ludicolo and Primeape winced as the attack hit, but Chatot wasn't affected.

"Awwk. What's the big deal?"

"Damn, I forgot, that's a Ghost move," muttered the receptionist. "Ah, well. Vibrava, now, Hyper Beam!"

Vibrava trilled happily as it fired off a massive beam of energy straight towards Ludicolo. Miror B. had no time to react at all, before Ludicolo was knocked out. Seeing this, Jack quickly picked up the offense.

"Primeape, Brick Break! It can't move for a while!"

Primeape lunged towards Vibrava, but it merely took a few quick breaths, and was airborne once more, zipping around faster than Jack thought possible. At this, the narrator gasped.

"Oh, no! Jack!"

"What?"

"Ominous Wind has the possible side effect of increasing the user's offensive power, defensive power, and speed! I'm sure that's what happened!"

"Oh, great. That's just great."

"Chatot," called the narrator, "Use Agility!"

Chatot cawed loudly, and began to chase Vibrava through the air, through the pouring rain.

"Awwk! Visibility is at an all-time low! Using Sunny Day!" cawed Chatot, firing a bright beam into the sky, and replacing the rain clouds with intense sunlight.

"Chatot! No! There was a reason I didn't order you to do that!" called the narrator.

"SolarBeam now!" called the receptionist triumphantly.

"...And that would be it," finished the narrator meekly.

Vibrava wheeled around and instantly fired a beam of light straight at Chatot. Thinking quickly, the narrator gave more orders.

"Dodge it, and use Heat Wave!

Chatot swerved to avoid SolarBeam, and blasted a red-hot haze at Vibrava. It didn't seem too fazed by it, however. Meanwhile, Primeape was getting increasingly tired of just standing around. It darted forwards, and blasted a stream of flames into the air, striking down Vibrava instantly.

Jack and the narrator looked at each other.

"Jack, did you know that your Primeape knew Overheat?!"

"It never knew it before!" answered Jack. "It must have just learned it!"

Primeape grunted happily in response. As Vibrava slipped into unconsciousness, the bright sunlight subsided. The receptionist sadly returned Vibrava to its Poké Ball and left the arena. Then, the third opponent appeared. Like, literally. Out of nowhere.

"Oh, no, not again," groaned Jack.

Their third opponent was the pop-up.

"Well, well, well, we meet again," smirked the pop-up. "Now that Hitmonlee's gotten over its athlete's foot, we're good to go!" And he threw three Poké Balls.

FLASH!

Hitmonlee appeared. It looked much more healthy than it had in the group's past encounter with it.

FLASH!

Electrode appeared. It still had a maniacal grin on its face.

FLASH!

A strange, blue Pokémon appeared. It had a simple look on its face as it stared blankly ahead, clearly not comprehending the situation. At the sight of it, the narrator pulled out his cards, shuffled through them, and pulled one out.

"Quagsire, the Mud Fish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wooper. Quagsire is extremely easygoing, and drifts along rivers, going wherever the flow takes it. It barely seems to notice if it hits its head on boats, rocks, or even other Pokémon."

"Wow," said Jack. "Sounds like a real dimwit. Wonder why he brought it out?"

"BEGIN!" boomed Missingno. Master.

"Hey, narrator guy!" exclaimed Miror B., "Send out Toxicroak!"

"But it's unconscious," replied the sexy narrator. At that point, however, a clearly not unconscious Toxicroak burst forth from its Poké Ball, and assaulted the narrator with Cross Chop.

"That got it up," remarked Miror B. Then he threw his Poké Ball. "Ludicolo! Use Water Gun on Toxicroak now!" In a flash of light, Ludicolo appeared, and blasted Toxicroak with water. Instantly, Toxicroak felt refreshed. Jack too threw his Poké Ball. In a flash of light, Sunkern appeared.

"Before we begin," said the pop-up, "I have one important question for the three of you."

"Yes?" answered Jack, the narrator, and Miror B.

"How'd you like to buy some athlete's foot anti-fungal cream? Made by the good folks at Totally Useless Products incorpo-"

"Sunkern, attack Hitmonlee with Bullet Seed!" Jack yelled, interrupting the impromptu sales pitch.

"Hitmonlee, go! Hi Jump Kick now!" exclaimed the pop-up. Hitmonlee leaped up, avoiding the Bullet Seed, then dove back down, foot-first.

"Dodge it and use Razor Leaf!"

Sunkern dodged the kick, and fired a Razor Leaf. However, Hitmonlee had already accidentially plowed itself deep into the ground. The Razor Leaf missed Hitmonlee, but hit Quagsire. After several seconds, Quagsire cried out in pain.

"Wow," muttered Jack. "Worst reaction time ever."

Quagsire responded to this by calmly raising its right flipper and making an obscene gesture with it.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" exclaimed Jack. "Do Quagsire even HAVE fingers?!"

"Apparently so," chuckled the narrator, deeply amused by this.

"That's it! That is IT!" roared Jack. "No Quagsire flips me off and gets away with it! Sunkern, destroy it! Use Energy Ball!"

"Use-WHAT?! JACK, NOOOO!" screamed the narrator, but it was too late. A green orb of energy was already making a U-turn, and heading straight for the narrator. Losing his cool completely, the narrator ran across the battlefield, and hid behind Quagsire. However, the Energy Ball swerved almost comically, missing Quagsire completely, and smashed into the narrator. The narrator stumbled back to his end of the arena.

"I can't win," he mumbled.

"Now, Quagsire, Water Gun!" called the pop-up. After several seconds, Quagsire unleashed a blast of water, which Toxicroak took head-on.

"And Electrode, use Thunderbolt!"

However, Electrode did not seem ready to obey orders, and instead made to explode. Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. all ducked down, but the pop-up did not. Electrode's Explosion never happened.

"What?" asked Jack as he cautiously got back up.

"I had a feeling this would happen," said the pop-up. "My Quagsire has the Damp ability. Explosions aren't possible as long as Quagsire is around."

As soon as he said this, however, Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. ordered Sunkern, Toxicroak, and Ludicolo to use Razor Leaf, Dark Pulse, and Giga Drain respectively, all on Quagsire. Within seconds, Quagsire had fainted.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked the pop-up.

At that second, Electrode, who was by no means unintelligent, realized that the only thing hindering its Explosion was now unconscious. With a great BOOM, it blew itself up, and was knocked out.

"Well, at least I still have Hitmonlee!" declared the pop-up, right before realizing that Hitmonlee had never emerged from the hole in the ground, from when it plowed itself underground with a failed Hi Jump Kick. At that moment, however, Hitmonlee crawled out, and promptly passed out.

"Well, that was easy," remarked Jack as they all returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls. However, as the pop-up vanished, Missingno. Master then spoke in his booming voice.

"Well done, all of you. You have defeated my four minions. Though I confess you may have had an easier time of it than you should have." At that moment, he took up a plot device, and pressed the button.

"There," he said. "All your Pokémon are fully healed. Now the three of you shall battle me. And this time, everyone is allowed to use all their Pokémon. The rules still apply, however. I can only have a maximum of three Pokémon out at any given time. Each of you can only use one Pokémon at a time." And with that, he threw three Poké Balls from his lofty perch onto the battlefield.

-----------------
End chapter 14!

*Jack's Primeape is revealed to know Thunder.
*The receptionist's Flygon is revealed to know Fly and Sonicboom.
*The receptionist's Trapinch is revealed to know Crunch and Gust.
*The receptionist's Vibrava is revealed to know Dragon Pulse, Ominous Wind, Hyper Beam, and SolarBeam.
*Two of Miror B.'s Ludicolo are revealed to have Swift Swim as their abilities.
*One of Miror B.'s Ludicolo is revealed to know Metronome.
*The narrator's Chatot is revealed to know Fury Attack and Agility.
*Jack's Primeape learns Overheat.
*The pop-up is revealed to own a Quagsire.
*The pop-up's Hitmonlee is revealed to know Hi Jump Kick.
*Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. start to battle Missingno. Master.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
"Jack, you numbskull, electric attacks don't work on Ground-type Pokémon!

"I KNOW that, but what's that got to do with Flygon?!"

"Flygon is Dragon and Ground!"

"Not Dragon and Flying?"

I make this mistake all the time. I'm also one of those people who keeps thinking that Luxray is Elec/Dark too >_<

Wow, this team's a mess and the receptionist is absolutely destroying them. Not what you would expect from a receptionist.

Ludicolo quacked as it sprayed a blast of water at the twister.

I keep forgetting that Ludicolo is part duck. I usually only focus on that sombrero... THAT'S what that thing's called.

Suddenly, Ludicolo's pineapple... head... thingy sombrero began to glow pink.
:D Just kidding, no need to change it.

Emboldened by this succes, not to mention the fact that…

Should be “success”.

Jack and the narrator looked at each other.

"Jack, did you know that your Primeape knew Overheat?!"

"It never knew it before!" answered Jack. "It must have just learned it!"

It seems to learn a lot of attacks on its own doesn’t it? There’s a lot of twists in this chapter – I like it :)

"Hey, narrator guy!" exclaimed Miror B., "Send out Toxicroak!"

"But it's unconscious," replied the sexy narrator. At that point, however, a clearly not unconscious Toxicroak burst forth from its Poké Ball, and assaulted the narrator with Cross Chop.

That woke it up, Jack really needs to give the guy more credit.

“…Sunkern, destroy it! Use Energy Ball!"

"Use-WHAT?! JACK, NOOOO!" screamed the narrator, but it was too late. A green orb of energy was already making a U-turn, and heading straight for the narrator. Losing his cool completely, the narrator ran across the battlefield, and hid behind Quagsire. However, the Energy Ball swerved almost comically, missing Quagsire completely, and smashed into the narrator. The narrator stumbled back to his end of the arena.

XD poor guy

"I had a feeling this would happen," said the pop-up. "My Quagsire has the Damp ability. Explosions aren't possible as long as Quagsire is around."

As soon as he said this, however, Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. ordered Sunkern, Toxicroak, and Ludicolo to use Razor Leaf, Dark Pulse, and Giga Drain respectively, all on Quagsire. Within seconds, Quagsire had fainted.

That figures XD

Now the fun starts…

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I make this mistake all the time. I'm also one of those people who keeps thinking that Luxray is Elec/Dark too >_<
Luxray SHOULD be Electric/Dark. And I've never actually mistaken Flygon for a Flying-type, though it's obvious why people do so.

Should be “success”.

I'll fix that right away.

It seems to learn a lot of attacks on its own doesn’t it? There’s a lot of twists in this chapter – I like it :)
Close Combat and Overheat are a lot of attacks? GLad you like the chapter, though.

Now the fun starts…
Yes, it does.

Now, I had some spare time today, which is a lot more than I'll have tomorrow, so I took the liberty of writing up the next chapter.

Chapter 15: When Authors Attack

In triple flashes of light, three Pokémon appeared in front of Missingno. Master's platform. Jack immediately recognized the one in the center as a Weezing, as he owned one himself. As for the other two Pokémon, the one on the left of Weezing looked rather strange. It was yellow, with blue and white stripes across its back, just behind a small pair of white wings. It had a short tail, which ended in a drill-like protrusion. Its eyes were big and white, yet gave the impression of being closed. From its lower jaw protruded a pair of blue, stubby fangs.

On Weezing's other side, stood a powerful-looking serpentine Pokémon, purple in coloration. Curious-looking patterns were present on its wide and flat belly, just below its head. Jack rolled his eyes as the narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards and pulled out two of them.

"Dunsparce, the Land Snake Pokémon. Dunsparce uses the drill on its tail to tunnel underground and dig its nest. Its wings allow it to fly a little bit. Arbok, the Cobra Pokémon, and the evolved form of Ekans. Arbok intimidates its opponents with the pattern on its stomach. The pattern is said to differ between regions."

Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. each pulled out a Poké Ball, and threw it. Before them appeared Jack's Weezing, the narrator's Chatot,, and one of Miror B.'s Ludicolo, as usual.

"One thing before we begin, though," said Missingno. Master suddenly. He took up a pen and wrote the following on one of the armrests on the chair he was occupying, which was recreated on a screen that appeared on the platform.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdtWnzYVdA8&feature=related"

"It's an epic remix of Gym Leader battle music. Found it on YouTube just a few days ago," explained Missingno. Master. A"nd it'll be playing throughout our battle." As if on cue, the words vanished from the screen, only to be replaced by a YouTube video. The video consisted of an image of a video game package for the Nintendo DS. The game's title read "Pokémon Platinum Version", and the box depicted an ominous-looking dragon. The narrator shuffled through his cards again, and pulled out one more.

"Giratina, the Renegade Pokémon. Giratina was banished for its violence, long ago. It is said to silently gaze upon this world from the Distortion World."

"And now, to quote Miror B.," said Missingno. Master, "Let the music play!"

The music then began playing. Missingno. Master was right- it WAS epic.

"Weezing!" called Jack. "Use your Flamethrower!"

"Dunsparce!" called Missingno. Master. "Use Fire Blast!"

Jack watched in horror as a mighty star-shaped burst of flames streaked towards Weezing. However, on Miror B.'s orders, Ludicolo leapt forward and countered it with Hydro Pump. Missingno. Master was not fazed in the slightest, and changed tactics instantly.

"Alright, Arbok, Dunsparce, Glare attack now!"

Arbok and Dunsparce's eyes glowed red. Ludicolo and Jack's Weezing froze in place. Chatot, however, flew forwards, and unleashed a Heat Wave attack.

"No, you don't!" exclaimed Missingno. Master. "Weezing, use your Thunderbolt attack now!"

Missingno. Master's Weezing groaned menacingly, and shot a blast of lightning straight at Chatot, but not before all three foes winced slightly at the Heat Wave. Chatot, on the other hand, was knocked out immediately.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed the narrator. He then returned Chatot to his Poké Ball and threw a new one. "Toxicroak, come out!"

In a flash of light, Toxicroak came out of its Poké Ball, made to use Cross Chop, then stopped upon realizing that he had been sent out, rather than coming out to attack the narrator.

"Now, Arbok, Gunk Shot!"

Arbok opened its mouth wide, and formed a large, glowing purple sphere, which it then launched towards Ludicolo, who still could not move.

"And Dunsparce, Headbutt attack!"

Dunsparce began flapping its wings furiously, and zoomed towards the still-inanimate Weezing, and repeatedly flew into it, headfirst.

"Weezing, no! Use Thunder!"

"Wee... zing..." groaned Weezing as it tried to comply with orders, but Dunsparce wasn't letting up. The narrator then piped up.

"Jack, Weezing's flinching! It's a possible effect of Headbutt!"

"But every time the move hits?!"

"My Dunsparce has Serene Grace," interrupted Missingno. Master. "Its attacks' side effects are more likely to happen!"

Meanwhile, Miror B. gasped in shock. In spite of his orders, Ludicolo could not evade the Gunk Shot, and now lay unconscious at his feet. At that moment, Weezing thudded to the ground, also unable to battle. As the two recalled their Pokémon and sent out another Ludicolo and Primeape, respectively, the narrator ordered Toxicroak to use Mud Bomb. The resultant ball of mud flew through the air, straight for Arbok.

"No, you don't. Arbok, use your own Mud Bomb!"

Arbok opened its mouth again, this time forming a ball of mud. It fired the ball, but a little late. The Mud Bombs collided and exploded in midair, roughly a foot and a half away from Arbok. The muddy Cobra Pokémon slumped to the ground, unconscious. Meanwhile, Ludicolo and Primeape had ganged up on Dunsparce with a double onslaught of Fury Swipes, and it too fell. Scowling, Missingno. Master returned Arbok and Dunsparce to their Poké Balls, then threw two new ones.

In twin flashes of light, a great, purple, spike-covered beast appeared in Arbok's place, while Dunsparce's place was taken by a purple, floating ghost. A pair of purple hands floated near it. The narrator took out another two cards and read from them.

"Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nidorino. Nidoking can snap a telephone pole in half with one swing of its mighty tail. Its numerous barbs and horns contain potent venom. Haunter, the Gas Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gastly. Haunter lurks in darkness, waiting for victims. Exercise extreme caution, especially at night."

"Haunter, Shadow Ball! Nidoking, Flamethrower! Weezing, Sludge!"

"Ludicolo, Water Pulse!"

"Toxicroak, Dark Pulse!"

"Primeape, Overheat!"

The attacks flew every which way. Shadow Ball and Water Pulse collided and exploded. Dark Pulse and Flamethrower canceled each other out, as did Sludge and Overheat.

"Now, Haunter, use Sludge Bomb attack!"

Haunter cackled as it fired multiple globs of sludge from its gaping maw, straight at Ludicolo. The attack came extremely quickly, Ludicolo had no time to dodge. Within seconds, a sludge-coated Mexican pineapple duck was being returned to its Poké Ball, only to be replaced by a conscious, sludge-free version. Jack then looked at the narrator.

"You have too much free time. Primeape, use Thunder now!"

Primeape roared loudly, as it fired a blast of electricity at Weezing. Missingno. Master reacted swiftly.

"Dodge it, and use Double Hit!"

Weezing deftly flew around the oncoming Thunder, then swooped down, and headbutted Primeape. It then swung its smaller head around, and smacked Primeape with it as well.

And then, without warning, Primeape took on a red aura, and its eyes glowed white. It began shaking in fury, and breathing heavily.

"Is that..?" began Miror B.

"It IS!" exclaimed the narrator.

"Primeape's Anger Point!" exclaimed Jack. "Primeape, go! Close Combat, maximum power!"

Primeape was only too happy to oblige. It dashed forwards, grabbed Nidoking in one hand and Weezing in the other, and began beating them up mercilessly. Meanwhile, the narrator noticed that Haunter, unaffected by the Fighting-type attack, was floating towards Toxicroak.

"Alright, Haunter, Lick attack now!"

"Not if I have anything to say about it! Toxicroak, Dark Pulse!"

Haunter launched its tongue forward like a Politoed would, but Toxicroak was too quick. A stream of dark energy rings bowled Haunter backwards and into unconsciousness. It was not alone for long; at that moment, Primeape threw down Nidoking and Weezing, both of whom were also unconscious.

Missingno. Master smiled as he returned his fallen Pokémon to their Poké Balls.

"Very good, I had underestimated you guys greatly," he said calmly, in spite of the fact that he was already losing rather badly.

"You seem very calm," sneered Jack. "What are you down to, one Pokémon now?"

"Oh, yes," said Missingno. Master. "But don't think you've won just because you're winning. This battle, it's just getting started! Like most trainers, I save my best for last." And he threw a Poké Ball onto the field.

"GO!" he called, as the ball burst open in a flash of light to reveal....

----------------------
.......The end of Chapter 15!

*Missingno. Master is revealed to own an Arbok, a Weezing, a Dunsparce, a Nidoking, and a Haunter.
*Jack's Weezing is revealed to know Flamethrower.
*One of Miror B.'s Ludicolo is revealed to know Water Pulse.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
"It's an epic remix of Gym Leader battle music. Found it on YouTube just a few days ago," explained Missingno. Master. A"nd it'll be playing throughout our battle."

Mistake in bold. And this song is very fitting for this battle, and awesome too.

In a flash of light, Toxicroak came out of its Poké Ball, made to use Cross Chop, then stopped upon realizing that he had been sent out, rather than coming out to attack the narrator.

Haha yeah that's probably the first time that's happened.

Arbok opened its mouth again, this time forming a ball of mud. It fired the ball, but a little late. The Mud Bombs collided and exploded in midair, roughly a foot and a half away from Arbok. The muddy Cobra Pokémon slumped to the ground, unconscious. Meanwhile, Ludicolo and Primeape had ganged up on Dunsparce with a double onslaught of Fury Swipes, and it too fell. Scowling, Missingno. Master returned Arbok and Dunsparce to their Poké Balls, then threw two new ones.

This paragraph and the epic battle music makes it seem like this is an all-out war... and in a sense it is.

"Very good, I had underestimated you guys greatly," he said calmly, in spite of the fact that he was already losing rather badly.

"You seem very calm," sneered Jack. "What are you down to, one Pokémon now?"

Unless Jack is doing this on purpose from reading the narrator's... narration(which it seems like he does most of the time), the word 'calm' is used twice in the same few sentences.

And I have an idea of what you sent out. Let me guess, was it mentioned in Chapter 10?

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Wow, I kinda fell behind a bit. I just read about four new chapters.

Loved the part with Toxicroak narrating. Miror. B joining the good guys was a nice twist, as were the triple battles. I thought all of the fight scenes were well done, and you didn't even lose the comedic aspect to your story.

I wonder who Missingno. Master's next pokemon is. Although you'd think, as teh writer, he should be able to write himself winning, dontcha think? ;)

ps. I still love the youtube links for battle music, and I very much agree. That music was epic!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
And I have an idea of what you sent out. Let me guess, was it mentioned in Chapter 10?
Nope!
Loved the part with Toxicroak narrating. Miror. B joining the good guys was a nice twist, as were the triple battles. I thought all of the fight scenes were well done, and you didn't even lose the comedic aspect to your story.
Thanks.

I wonder who Missingno. Master's next pokemon is. Although you'd think, as teh writer, he should be able to write himself winning, dontcha think? ;)
You'll find out later today, when I finish Chapter 16. And I'm sure you'll all be increasingly surprised throughout the upcoming chapter, by my choice of Pokemon, its performance in battle, and other stuff.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 16: When Things Get Hairy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdtWnzYVdA8&feature=related

In a flash of light, Missingno. Master's final Pokémon revealed itself.

"....That?" asked Miror B.

"Seriously?" asked the narrator.

"You have GOT to be KIDDING me!" exclaimed Jack.

The Pokémon that stood before them had a long body, made up of spherical segments. A shiny, silver horn protruded from its head. It had small, black, beady eyes, and a large red nose.

And it was probably smaller than Jack's Sunkern.

The narrator took out his Pokémon cards, and shuffled through them, pulling out out and reading from it.

"Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon. Weedle have an uncanny sense of smell, and use it to sniff out the types of leaves they like to eat. It eats its weight in leaves every day."

An awkward silence followed this. Jack leaned towards the narrator and muttered,

"I thought he said he was saving his best for last?"

"That's what I heard," said the narrator.

Ludicolo and Toxicroak also stared at the Weedle, also in disbelief that their final opponent was to be this little bug. Only Primeape didn't seem to care; it just seemed pleased at having another target to pummel. It dashed towards Weedle, and began an Overheat attack.

"Weedle, dodge it!" called Missingno. Master.

Quicker than anyone could've imagined, Weedle turned its head to the left and fired a String Shot straight at the wall, then reeled it in real quick. As a result, Weedle went flying to the left, and Overheat missed completely.

"String Shot, now!"

Weedle fired another String Shot, this time at Primeape. It jerked its tiny head in every direction, making the String Shot come out in loops. Then, it pulled its head back, which pulled the String Shot tight. Primeape suddenly found itself tightly bound in sticky string.

"Now, Weedle, throw Primeape!"

"Weeeedle!" cried Weedle as it jerked its tiny head once more, spinning Primeape above its head like a furry, struggling lasso. Then, quite suddenly, it snapped off the String Shot, and Primeape went flying. Straight towards Ludicolo.

Miror B., who like the narrator, Toxicroak, Jack, and Ludicolo, had been just standing there, dumbfounded, watching this unfold, snapped out of it. "No! Ludicolo, dodge it!" But the order came too late; Primeape collided with Ludicolo, and both of them were knocked out. Miror B. instantly recalled Ludicolo and sent out another one, but Jack hesitated before sending out Sunkern.

"I got this," said Miror B. "Ludicolo, open with Fake Out!"

Ludicolo twirled towards Weedle, and clapped its hands in Weedle's face. Weedle, however, recovered almost instantly, and fired a barrage of purple glowing needles at Ludicolo in retaliation. Ludicolo winced as its forehead took on a purple tint; it had been poisoned by the Poison Sting.

"I don't understand! How come the Fake Out didn't make it flinch?!" exclaimed Miror B.

"Weedle's ability is Shield Dust," explained Missingno. Master. "It's immune to the secondary effects of attacks, like Thunder causing paralysis, or Fake Out causing flinching. Now, Weedle, Poison Sting again!"

Weedle obeyed by firing even more of the purple needles, this time at all three of its opponents.

"Toxicroak," called the narrator, "Use your own Poison Sting!"

"Sunkern, Bullet Seed!"

"Ludicolo, you use Bullet Seed as well!"

Another Poison Sting and two volleys of Bullet Seeds collided with Weedle's Poison Sting. However, Weedle's attack won over, and all three Pokémon were injured, Ludicolo being knocked out instantly.

"Are you kidding me?!" gasped Miror B. "Knocked out so quickly?!"

Meanwhile, the narrator dug into his pockets, then turned to Jack.

"Jack?"

"Yeah, what?"

"Where's the plot device I took from Miror B.?"

"I used it to make you un-die."

"Oh." After a brief pause, he said, "Well, I can't argue with that."

"Plot device?" asked Miror B. "Oh, I have another of those." And he produced a small metal cube with a big red button. The narrator snatched the plot device, and jammed his finger on the button. The plot device immediately vanished. Simultaneously, a strange, orange rock appeared before Sunkern. Jack was about to say "What the HELL?!", when both rock and Sunkern began to glow! The two glowing objects merged, and began to change shape.

"That was a Sun Stone, wasn't it?"

"It seems so," answered the narrator.

When the glow faded, Sunkern was gone. In its place stood what looked like a pale yellow-green sunflower with feet. "Sunflora!" it exclaimed.

The narrator took out a Pokémon card featuring a picture of this Pokémon, albeit with a darker green body, and read from it.

"Sunflora, the Sun Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sunkern. Sunflora 's level of activity is entirely dependant on the sun. It has no energy at night at all."

"Wait a second," said Jack. "The Sunflora in that picture is green, mine is kind of a pale yellow green!"

"Then it's a shiny!"

"But that Sunkern wasn't shiny!"

"Are you two referring to the Sunkern that was living in my afro?" interrupted Miror B. "Indeed it was a shiny Sunkern, but the difference is not all that noticeable."

"You got THAT right," said Jack. "Sunflora, Energy Ball!"

"JACK, NOOOOOOOOO!"

But it was too late. Sunflora already launched the orb towards Weedle. However, this time, it didn't turn at all, but continued straight for Weedle!

"Oh, phew!" the narrator sighed in relief.

Weedle expertly rolled to its right, and the Energy Ball missed completely.

"Weedle, now Bug Bite!" called Missingno. Master.

Weedle opened a mouth nobody had seen on it previously, revealing rows of tiny, yet sharp fangs. The fangs then began glowing green, and with amazing speed and power, Weedle lunged forward, and began biting Toxicroak continuously. It was no more than a yellow-brown blur, as it kept leaping off Toxicroak and lunging back at it to bite it somewhere else. Toxicroak frantically began swatting at it, but instead wound up sticking its right knuckle claw into its own leg. At this, Toxicroak abandoned its pursuit of Weedle, and began hopping up and down on its good leg, clutching the wounded leg. Without thinking, Ludicolo aimed a Fire Punch, but predictably enough, missed Weedle completely and knocked out Toxicroak.

At this point, Weedle realized that its victim was unconscious. It then turned to Ludicolo and grinned evilly.

"Uh-oh," muttered Miror B. "Ludicolo, quick! Use Blizzard!"

"Weedle, String Shot, maximum power!"

Ludicolo opened its beak and fired a blast of snow at Weedle. Weedle, however, began building up an increasingly huge ball of String Shot above its horn, and fired it at Ludicolo. The String Shot was not stopped at all by the Blizzard, but continued onwards, and smashed into Ludicolo, exploding with great force.

Much of the arena was now covered in sticky string. It was flat all over, a nice even coating, with the exception of the one bulge, which resembled an unmoving Ludicolo.

"Sunflora, Razor Leaf!" called Jack. Sunflora made chopping motions with its leaves, firing razor-sharp leaves from them. This chopped off most of the string shot to reveal an unconscious Ludicolo.

"Weedle, finish it off with Poison Sting!" called Missingno. Master. Weedle immediately fired off another volley of poisonous spikes. Before Sunflora could put up any sort of defense, it was knocked out.

As the trio recalled their last Pokémon, Missingno. Master smiled.

"Well, I have to say, you all battled admirably. And I hope this teaches you a lesson about underestimating- uh, Miror B.?"

"Yes?"

"Your afro's shaking."

Jack looked at Miror B.; Missingno. Master was right. Miror b.'s afro was indeed wobbling. Miror B. felt his afro in confusion, then smiled and gasped.

"Of course!"

He plunged his hands into his afro, and extracted a strange object from within. It was very round, almost spherical. The bottom half was blue in color, with a thin yellow stripe going all the way around it. The top half was a dark green. And it was wobbling like crazy. Suddenly, it started to glow!

"What the..?" asked Jack.

"It's hatching!" exclaimed Miror B.
-----------------------
End Chapter 16.

*Missingno. Master is revealed to own a Weedle.
*One of Miror B.'s Ludicolo is revealed to know Fake Out.
*Jack's Sunkern evolves into Sunflora.
*Jack's Sunflora is revealed to be Shiny.
*Jack's Sunflora masters Energy Ball.
*Miror B. is revealed to own a Pokémon Egg.
*Miror B.'s Egg starts to hatch.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Wow... I didn't see that coming at all. The part with Sunkern was a nice twist but what were the 'negative side effects' that come with using a plot-device?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wow... I didn't see that coming at all. The part with Sunkern was a nice twist but what were the 'negative side effects' that come with using a plot-device?

Sunflora mastering Energy Ball was the negative effect. As far as Sunflora's concerned, losing the ability to injure the narrator without even trying counts as negative. Also remember that it was useful in locating the narrator, so there's that handy little tool gone.

To review, the plot devices and their effects are as follows;

Plot device #1: used to retrieve Rayquaza to defeat the giant fighting robot.
Negative effect: Jack's Master Ball vanished.

Plot device #2: used to defeat the Koffing.
Negative effect: All the Koffing exploded violently, blasting a large hole in the seat of the narrator's pants.

Plot device #3: used to revive the narrator.
Negative effect: To be revealed.....

Plot device #4: used by Missingno. Master to fully heal Jack, the narrator, and Miror B.'s Pokemon.
Negative effect: None. I'm the author, so I cancelled out that part of the device.

Plot device #5: used to evolve Sunkern.
Negative effect: Sunflora's Energy Ball no longer targets the narrator automatically.

Chapter 17: Weedle & the Water Weed

The large object in Miror B.'s hands, which Jack took to be an egg, was glowing brightly. Slowly, it changed shape, and the glow subsided.

Now in Miror B.'s hands was a small Pokémon. It was dark blue with six stubby legs. A small, yellow beak lay beneath two large, white eyes. Atop the entire thing was a great green lilypad, decidedly larger than the Pokémon itself. It looked up at its monstrously-afro'd trainer and squeaked happily. "Lo! Lotad!"

"Lotad, the Water Weed Pokémon," the narrator read from a card. "Lotad ferries small Pokémon across ponds by letting them ride on its large leaf. It lives in ponds with clear water."

"It hatched! It finally hatched!" exclaimed Miror B. "About two weeks ago, two of my Ludicolo were holding this egg. Of course, they allowed me to help them care for it. I nestled it safely in my spacious afro, where I'm sure it was kept safe and warm by my inordinate quantity of hair."

"Excuse me," said Missingno. Master. "it seems that you may not have lost after all. Not yet, anyway."

"Huh?" asked Jack, turning his head around.

"Well, according to my own rules, the three of you are allowed to use any Pokémon you have on you, and that Lotad did just hatch...."

"Oh, no, no, no, I will not!" declared Miror B. "Pit this innocent newborn Lotad against your wicked Weedle? I cannot! I will not! Never!"

"Very well then," said Missingno. Master. "But be advised that if you forfeit the battle now, I can and will have that giant fighting robot brought back..."

"Lotad, I choose you," muttered Miror B. quietly. Lotad happily leapt out of Miror B.'s arms, and toddled into the arena, where Missingno. Master's Weedle awaited.

"Alright, Weedle, use Poison Sting!"

Weedle launched a vicious-looking volley of poison spikes straight at the newborn Water Weed Pokémon. Miror B. hesitated, then yelled out,

"Go, Lotad, use your.... Water Gun attack?"

To everyone's surprise, even Miror B.'s, as he hadn't really expected Lotad to know the move, having just yelled out a move at random, Lotad unleashed a blast of water from its beak, causing the spikes to fall. Weedle expertly rolled to its left, evading the attack, then fired a String Shot. Emboldened by his previous success, Miror B. called out the next command with more confidence.

"Lotad, now! Double Team!"

To Miror B.'s delight, Lotad began splitting itself into multiple copies. Weedle's String Shot missed completely.

"Weedle, Poison Sting! Spread it all over the field!"

Weedle fired multiple poison spikes into the air, and they began to fall in every direction. Without even waiting for orders, Lotad's lily pad glowed light blue, and a large swirl of water emerged up from it. With the Whirlpool on its back, Lotad dashed all over the field, somehow catching all the spikes, which added an eerie purple glow to the water. Lotad then shouted loudly, causing the Whirlpool to move off its back, and go after Weedle.

"Stop that attack, Weedle! Use String Shot, full power!"

Weedle began charging up a huge ball of String Shot, and fired it at the Whirlpool. However, instead of stopping the attack, the String Shot became caught in the vortex, and began spinning around in it. Great globs of sticky string now flew from the Whirlpool, and scattered all over the field.

"Lotad, use Water Gun again! Clear out that String Shot!" called Miror B.

"Weedle, it's time for a more direct approach! Go around that Whirlpool and use Bug Bite!"

Weedle dashed forward faster than anyone would've expected a tiny bug with such stubby feet to dash, raced around the oncoming whirlpool, and chomped down on Lotad as it tried to fire off a Water Gun.

"No! Lotad! Use Astonish!"

Lotad immediately roared "LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!" in Weedle's face. The scream echoed all around the arena, as the Whirlpool crashed into Missingno. Master's platform, knocking it down. As the platform fell, Missingno. Master's large supply of plot devices spilled out all over the arena.

"Lotad, now! Collect all those plot devices and bring them here!" called Miror B. Lotad immediately dove towards the scattered metal cubes.

"No!" gasped Missingno. Master. But it was too late. Lotad was already scooping plot devices into its leaf. Then it stepped on one of the plot device's buttons.

"OH, NO!" screamed Missingno. Master, as the plot device in question, which Jack could now see was made out of solid gold, rose up into the air.

"What the hell kind of plot device is that?!" demanded Jack.

"That's not a plot device!" exclaimed Missingno. Master. "That's a plot twist! It causes a drastic change in the plot, and doesn't care who or what activated it! Not even in the most drastic emergency would I have even considered activating it!"

"Stop worrying," said Miror B. "What's the worst that can..."

At that moment, a terrifying shriek rent the air. Everyone looked up, and started screaming. And not without good reason. For a giant black dragon was streaking down from space straight for the arena.

"START ACTIVATING PLOT DEVICES!" screamed Jack.

"Won't do any good," said Missingno. Master. "All the plot devices in the world won't undo a plot twist!"

Jack pressed one anyway. Immediately, Jack, the narrator, Miror B., and Missingno. Master's Pokémon all burst forth from their Poké Balls, all fully healed. At the same moment, however, the shiny Rayquaza split itself into two.

"Oh, poopy," said Jack, the narrator, Miror B., and Missingno. Master simultaneously.

-------------------
End Chapter 17!

*Miror B.'s egg hatches into a Lotad.
*The Shiny Rayquaza returns.

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Bwahaha, epic weedle is epic! Did not see that coming.

Loved the Lotad hatching. Fitting Miror. B would have one in his afro.

I sense an epic next chapter.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
That was amazing. Great twist at the end (literally), I knew he'd be back. Here's a mistake.

"START ACTIVATING PLOT DEVICES!" screamed Missingno. Master.

"Won't do any good," said Missingno. Master. "All the plot devices in the world won't undo a plot twist!"

I'm guessing the first one is supposed to be either Jack, the narrator or Miror B.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Um... I'm going to say this. THERE WAS A BAD SIDE EFFECT TO MM'S PLOT DEVICE! (dun dun dun!) It's a For Want of a Nail situation.

Because you activated it, the battle was long, and got down to only weedle.

Because the battle was long, the egg hatched.

Because weedle was the only one left, Lotad had a chance to win.

Because lotad won, he got to the plot devices and set off the plot twist.

IT WORKS.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Um... I'm going to say this. THERE WAS A BAD SIDE EFFECT TO MM'S PLOT DEVICE! (dun dun dun!) It's a For Want of a Nail situation.

Because you activated it, the battle was long, and got down to only weedle.

Because the battle was long, the egg hatched.

Because weedle was the only one left, Lotad had a chance to win.

Because lotad won, he got to the plot devices and set off the plot twist.

IT WORKS.

Never thought of it that way. Although, Lotad never really won. The battle was interrupted by Rayquaza. Otherwise, though, nice logic.

SerenadeSP: I'd already fixed that error by the time you reported it. Thanks anyway, though!

I'm in the process of writing up the next chapter, expect it probably sometime before Tuesday. I may even have it up tomorrow. I assure you, though, it WILL be epic.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Well, here's the next, and final chapter of The Adventure of Adventureness!

Chapter 18: Is This The End?

Things were not looking good.

A pair of enraged shiny Rayquaza were swooping down on the Dot Com Building's rooftop colosseum. Jack picked up another plot device, and made to press the button.

"What are you doing?!" screamed Missingno. Master.

"I'm gonna use this plot device to make them back into one Rayquaza!" declared Jack.

"NO!" exclaimed Missingno. Master. "If you use a plot device to undo the negative effect of a previous plot device, then that previous plot device's positive effect is also undone as the current plot device's negative effect! All of our Pokemon will faint, except Lotad and Weedle! And strong though my Weedle is, it ain't strong enough to take down a shiny Rayquaza!"

"Hang on," butted in Miror B. "You say that a plot device always has a negative effect. Well, the one you used to heal our Pokemon didn't. Nor did the one that made Sunkern evolve."

"They did," said Missingno. Master. "Sunflora mastered Energy Ball so that it no longer targets the narrator. As far as Sunflora's concerned, that's negative."

At this, the narrator shot Jack's Sunflora a glare.

"As for mine," continued Missingno. Master, "the negative effect was a little more subtle. Because I activated it, the battle was long, and I was down to only Weedle. Because the battle was long, Lotad had time to hatch. And because Lotad battled Weedle, he got to the plot devices and set off the plot twist."

"OK, that's all great and all," interrupted Jack, "BUT WE'RE KINDA UNDER ATTACK HERE!"

"Quick, Weezing, use Sludge!" exclaimed Missingno. Master.

"You too, Weezing!" called Jack.

The twin Poison Gas Pokémon fired streams of black gunk straight at the oncoming Rayquaza, and struck them. Or to be more precise, only one of them. The other Sludge went straight through its target, making it vanish instantly.

"Son of a Beldum!" gasped Missingno. Master. "That Rayquaza didn't get split in half! It used Double Team! We'll show it, though! Arbok, use-"

But before he could order an Ice Fang attack, the four of them were met with the sight of hundreds of Poké Balls being thrown into the arena. The spectators had stood up and were all sending out their Pokémon. Jack was almost about to cry in happiness as Rayquaza found itself surrounded by too many Pokémon to count. Not that the narrator wasn't trying. As the trainers began giving their Pokémon orders, the narrator had taken his entire Pokémon card collection out of his pockets, and was rapidly reading off of each of them.

"Scizor, the Pincer Pokémon, and the evolved form of Scyther. Scizor's wings are actually used to help regulate its body temperature. It rarely actually flies, but is capable of hovering. Shelgon, the Endurance Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bagon. Shelgon is encased in a rock-hard shell as it awaits evolution. To conserve energy, it keeps its movement to a minumum. Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon, and the evolved form of Squirtle. Wartortle is famed for its longevity. It is well-known for its large and grand-looking tail. Shuckle, the Mold Pokémon. Shuckle stores berries in its shell, where they ferment into a juice. This juice is a vital ingredient in certain medicines. Seviper, the Fang Snake Pokémon. Seviper has a long-running feud with Zangoose. If a Zangoose is nearby, Seviper will cease to obey its trainer. Cascoon, the-" At this point, Jack slapped him.

"SHUT UP ALREADY!" roared Jack. Meanwhile, the spectators were getting involved in the battle, all of them ordering attacks.

"Riolu, Focus Blast!"

"Pidgeot, now, Sky Attack!"

"Murkrow, Brave Bird!"

"Yanmega, Silver Wind!"

"Pikachu, Signal Beam!"

"Dustox, Sludge Bomb!"

"Tyrogue, use your Tackle attack!"

"Dusknoir, Mega Kick!"

"Banette, Psychic attack!"

"Girafarig, Psybeam!"

"Weavile, use Whirlpool!"

"Machamp, Flamethrower!"

"Torchic, Mega Punch now!"

Jack, the narrator, Miror B., and Missingno. Master all joined in, furiously ordering various attacks from their Pokémon. Rayquaza, realizing that it was screwed, tried to fight back, but its various Dragon Pulses, Fire Blasts, and Hidden Powers all failed to hit any of the Pokémon. Three explosions, two misfired Bullet Seeds that hit the narrator, and four unsuccessful attempts to make some guy's Seviper and some other guy's Zangoose stop trying to massacre each other, Rayquaza finally slumped to the ground. Almost instantly, the attacks stopped, and the dust settled.

There lay the shiny Rayquaza, unmoving and still. As Jack kicked the narrator for his slight redundancy, Miror B. asked,

"Is it... Dead?"

"I don't think so," said Missingno. Master. "I think it's just knocked out."

"One way to find out, though," said Jack. And he pulled out a Poké Ball. "A Poké Ball won't even try to capture a dead Pokémon. Poké Ball, GO!" And he threw the Poké Ball at Rayquaza.

Total silence. Nobody, human or Pokémon, let loose even one sound, with the sole exception of the narrator's Chatot breaking wind. Then, the silence was suddenly broken as the Poké Ball began emitting that telltale whirring sound. Simultaneously, Rayquaza's black form became transparent red energy, and was sucked into the open sphere before it. Once Rayquaza was completely in the Poké Ball, it began wobbling. Once.

Twice.

Three times.

Four times.

Five times.

Six ti-

"OW!" screamed the narrator. For Jack had kicked him in the shins for counting each and every time the Poké Ball wobbled.

"Excuse me," said Miror B. "But the ball ain't moving no more."

He was quite right. The Poké Ball had ceased to wobble. Jack had re-captured Rayquaza.

As the spectators all began recalling their Pokémon, Jack then turned on Missingno. Master.

"Now that that's over with, I got a bone to pick with you!"

"Oh?" replied Missingno. Master. "And what would that be?"

"I'll TELL you what it would be!" roared Jack, who was becoming more and more infuriated by Missingno. Master's calm demeanor. "THE DAMN STORY YOU WROTE ME INTO!"

"Oh, you mean the 18-chapter epic journey filled with laughter, tears, and sheer, unadulterated epicness?"

"No, the two-line one-shot devoid of plot and description! Didn't you read Chapter 1 AT ALL?!"

"I wrote Chapter 1," snapped Missingno. Master. "I wrote this entire story. Aren't you getting the picture? All this time you've been out to get me because I wrote you into a crap story, when your whole adventure was me writing you into a fantastic story!"

It took a few minutes for this to sink in. "Oh," said Jack. "So.... So you wrote me into a crappy story... In order to write me into an epic story?"

"That would be it," answered Missingno. Master.

"Now wait a minute!" interrupted the narrator. "You're telling me that you wrote us into a story where, oh, let's see, I become the subject of not one, but TWO rather painful running gags, uh, I DIE, I get a hole blasted into the seat of my pants revealing extremely embarrassingly colored underpants, and I have to do almost ALL the freaking narration?!?! All this time, I thought it was just my dumb luck, and you wrote it all into existance?!"

"Yep," said Missingno. Master, calmly and without hesitation.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" roared the narrator.

"Now, now, settle down," said Missingno. Master. "Save it for the sequel."

"NO!" roared the narrator. "I'LL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW, OR MY NAME ISN'T-"

"...the narrator?" interrupted Jack, who had been struggling to hold back the now-beyond-reason narrator.

"NO!" roared the narrator. "THAT'S NOT EVEN MY NAME, I LIED! MY ACTUAL NAME IS-"

------------------------
End of Chapter 18, and the story!

*Jack re-catches Rayquaza.
*Jack drops his grudge against Missingno. Master.
*The narrator starts to hate Missingno. Master.
*The narrator reveals that "the narrator" is not his real name.

I'd like to thank all of you for so faithfully reading and reviewing. And I'd appreciate it if this final chapter could get that treatment before I PM someone to have this moved to Completed Fics. I'll hold off on that until probably Tuesday or Wednesday, so you all can review and stuff. Plus I gotta go back through the chapters and fix any non-intentional mistakes I may have missed.

EDIT: Alright, I lied. The story's not over. I just realized that I don't want to stop the story, nor do I want to wait any length of time to write a sequal. So the sequal will in fact be part of this story. Expect Chapter 19 sometime tomorrow morning!

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Sad to see this epic story end, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.

I enjoyed this chapter, although I personally thought the Rayquaza fight scene seemed a little short, but it was still good. I enjoyed the Missingno. Master/Jack/Narrator interchange at the end of the chapter. Makes me wonder what the narrator's name really is.

Are you actually writing a sequel? I truly hope you do. I would really enjoy some more giggles. All in all, a great end to a great story, and it leaves the door wide open for a sequel. And if there is a sequel, I look forward to reviewing from the beginning. Thank you for the great read, though. Killed a few hours of my pointless existence, so I truly thank you. :D

Edit, after the post posted, I noticed your edit. And I couldn't be happier!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Sad to see this epic story end, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.

I enjoyed this chapter, although I personally thought the Rayquaza fight scene seemed a little short, but it was still good. I enjoyed the Missingno. Master/Jack/Narrator interchange at the end of the chapter. Makes me wonder what the narrator's name really is.

Are you actually writing a sequel? I truly hope you do. I would really enjoy some more giggles. All in all, a great end to a great story, and it leaves the door wide open for a sequel. And if there is a sequel, I look forward to reviewing from the beginning. Thank you for the great read, though. Killed a few hours of my pointless existence, so I truly thank you. :D

It's actually not even over yet. I guess you started replying before I edited. I actually decided that this wouldn't be the end, although I do agree that this chapter would make a great end to the story.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Yeah, I did, and then I noticed your edit, so I edited my last post. So I guess you quoted mine before I finished editing. Haha

I am glad this story is continuing, even though at the same time it is technically ending.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 19: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning of the Non-End-Thingy....Thing

"Hey, what gives?" demanded Jack as he was still restraining a struggling narrator. "I thought Chapter 18 was the end of the story."

"I changed my mind," replied Missingno. Master. "I thought that the narrator's newfound determination to kill me would be fun to write about, and I just didn't want to wait to put it into a sequel."

"So now what?" asked Miror B.

"Oh, I think you guys will have plenty to do," smiled Missingno. Master, as he pressed the button on a plot device.

"..."

"..."

"...What the HELL?!"

"Well, Jack, it appears that the narrator and Missingno. Master both have vanished."

"I CAN SEE THAT!"

"Awwk! Where's my trainer?! Where's my trainer?! And what is his real name?!"

"You mean, YOU don't even know it?!"

"Awwk, nope."

"That figures. This MUST be bad, he's stopped narrating! OK, Chatot, you'll have to narrate for a while."

"Awwk, can do," answered the handsome Chatot. Jack rolled his eyes as he assessed the situation. Missingno. Master, his Pokémon, and the narrator have all vanished into thin air. The narrator's Chatot and Toxicroak had remained behind. Miror B. then spoke up.

"Oh, Jack, take a look at that! There's some piece of paper where our author was standing!"

Indeed there was. Jack bent down and picked up the paper. There was writing on it. He read the paper as best as he could; Missingno. Master's handwriting was awful.

"Dear Jack, Miror B., Chatot, and Toxicroak,

The narrator is in the Cyber Town Correctional Facility, locked up for trying to kill me. I myself have relocated to anoher point in Cyber Town. If you think I'm actually going to tell you where I am, you're even more insane than that kooky narrator. That's for me to know and for you to find out.

Signed, Missingno. Master."

"Well," sighed Jack, "What now."

"What now?! WHAT NOW?!!?! AWWK!" screamed Chatot. "WE FIND THE NARRATOR, THAT'S WHAT NOW!"

"Alright, alright," snapped Jack, "If it'll get you to stop squawking, we'll find him!"

"Awwk! Let's do it!" exclaimed the gorgeous and sexy Chatot.

"Hold up, birdbrain," continued Jack. "There's a few ground rules. First, don't compliment yourself in your narration. That wasn't funny with the narrator, and it's not funny with you. Remember, I have a short temper and a Shiny Rayquaza. Very lethal combination. Second, if it comes to that, you and Toxicroak are to do as I say in battle."

"Awwk! Whatever. As long as we're gonna find my trainer!" cawed Chatot.

"Jack?" asked Miror B.

"Yeah?"

"How do we get down from here?"

"Same way we got up, I guess," shrugged Jack.

"Well, you got up here by way of a random blinding flash of light. I doubt that that's a two way deal. And I? I got up here on the challenger's moving platform. Originally I was to be your first opponent, and that spy was to be the second one. But I defected to your side, and so Missingno. Master had to call back the giant fighting robot."

"Well then," said Jack, "Let's get to that moving platform."

"Yeah, about that," said Miror B., "It's sealed up."

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Jack.

"Yeah, Missingno. Master said he was sealing it up when it was his turn to battle."

"Damn it!" roared Jack. Then he got an idea. He called out to the spectators, "Hey, fellas! Which one of you had that Pidgeot from the previous chapter???"

An old man stood up in response, holding the Poké Ball.

"Good," said Jack. "Can you send out the Pidgeot so we can fly to the ground on it?"

"I got a better idea!" called another spectator. Jack recognized this one as the Riolu trainer. This was confirmed as he sent out his Riolu.

"Awwk! Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. Riolu is capable of sensing the emotions of others in the form of auras. Its own aura intensifies if it is feeling particularly powerful emotions." cawed Chatot. Jack gave Chatot a funny look.

"Awwk. What? I memorized all of my master's Pokémon cards, including my own. Chatot, the Music Note Pokémon. Chatot's tongue is just like a human's allowing it to speak in the human language. It mimics the cries of other Pokémon to trick them into not attacking."

"Anyway," called the Riolu trainer. I was actually training this Riolu to be given away as a starter Pokémon. You see, in Cyber Town, new trainers are traditionally given a choice between Riolu, Poochyena, and Drowzee for their starter Pokémon. You can have it if you want."

"Nice," grinned Jack as the man tossed him Riolu's Poké Ball. "But how does this help us get down?

"Tell Riolu to use its Magnet Rise attack!" called the man.

Jack turned to Miror B. "Is he kidding?" he asked.

"One way to find out, ain't there?" responded Miror B.

"Alright then, Riolu, use Magnet Rise!" exclaimed Jack. Riolu began emitting a visible yellow aura, then rose up off the ground. "Wow!" exclaimed Jack. "Alright, Riolu, take us down to the ground!"

Riolu made the aura extend, so it surrounded Miror B., his afro, Jack, Toxicroak, and Chatot. Jack and Miror B. hastily returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls as they soared over the stands and made their way down. As they touched down, Jack patted Riolu's head gratefully, then made to return it to its Poké Ball.

"Jack, wait!" exclaimed Miror B. "I do so have an idea!"

"Do tell," said Jack.

"Riolu can sense auras based on emotions, right? Well, the narrator is sure to be giving off big, stinking auras of anger, frustration, and so forth."

Jack got the idea. "Alright, Riolu," said Jack. "Try and find the narrator. He's a guy in a tuxedo, and he's probably giving off a huge aura of anger."

Riolu nodded and closed its eyes. At the same time, its floppy ear things rose up into the air. They stayed like this for several minutes. Then, quite suddenly, Riolu's eyes snapped open, and its ear things flopped back down.

"Ri! Riolu!" Riolu cried out. And it started running down the street. Jack, Miror B., and the narrator's Pokémon all made to follow it.

------------------
End of Chapter 19!

*Missingno. Master arrests the narrator.
*Chatot begins to narrate the story.
*Jack assumes temporary command of the narrator's Chatot and Toxicroak.
*Jack is given a Riolu.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Wow, the narrator must've been reading ridiculously fast to name that many Pokemon. Until this moment, you almost forget the spectators are there.

"Torchic, Mega Punch now!"

It can do that?!

Twice.

Three times.

Four times.

Five times.

Six ti-

"OW!" screamed the narrator. For Jack had kicked him in the shins for counting each and every time the Poké Ball wobbled.

Hahaha classic Jack.

"NO!" roared the narrator. "THAT'S NOT EVEN MY NAME, I LIED! MY ACTUAL NAME IS-"

I was wondering when you were going to pull this.

So that was supposed to be the last chapter. Well it would've been a great way to end it but I agree, I don't want this to be over just yet.

"Hey, what gives?" demanded Jack as he was still restraining a struggling narrator. "I thought Chapter 18 was the end of the story."

"I changed my mind," replied Missingno. Master. "I thought that the narrator's newfound determination to kill me would be fun to write about, and I just didn't want to wait to put it into a sequel."

XD Perfect.

I myself have relocated to anoher point in Cyber Town.

"Another"

Great idea, once again I completely forgot about the spectators until this moment. I'm horrible. XD Although I think that a better reason for sealing off the door would have been that they expected the story to end, so they felt no need to have an escape route.