• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Turns out, I had more time on my hands today than I thought I would. Enjoy this short but eventful chapter!

Chapter 37: The Castle Of Castleness
--------------
Though extremely nervous at the battle that was coming, Jack could not help but marvel at the splendor that was Team Plasma's castle. At the end of the hallway stood a staircase. Wordlessly, Jack led his friends up said staircase, only to find another hallway, just as long and ornately decorated as the previous one.

"Jack," said Roy, "Are you nervous?"

"Of course not," lied Jack. "Why would you think that?"

"Because Yucky just said you were extremely nervous, and that you just lied to me."

"Stop calling me that!" the narrator exclaimed.

"Yeah, well- OOF!" Jack grunted as he walked right into a figure clad entirely in black.

"Oh, not this again," groaned Roy. Then he blinked and looked around. "Wait, where's the rest of you guys?" For before the group stood one third of the Shadow Triad.

"Come with me," said the man. He wheeled around and led the group forward, then stopped as they approached a door. Jack couldn't help but notice a few streaks of green hair poking out from the man's light blonde hair.

"What's up with the green hair?" Jack asked suspiciously. In response, the man wheeled around to face the group.

"I have no green hair. Your nervousness is making you see things," he replied. "In this castle, you can heal your Pokémon. Fear not."

"Hold on," said Roy. Jack has a point. I saw those strands of green hair. What's that about?"

"I tell you, I don't know what you're talking about," the man stated with a hint of impatience (and in the super ultra sexy narrator's opinion, a tinge of nervousness). As Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, the narrator swiftly stepped off to the side, allowing Toxicroak to execute a Cross Chop on the Shadow Triad member. The man fell to the floor, and his black mask and blonde hairpiece flew across the hall.

"Cilan?!" exclaimed Jack, Roy, and the narrator simultaneously. Laying next to the Striaton Gym Leader was a small green Pokémon. It was human in shape, but with a massive head. It was unconscious; Toxicroak evidently knocked it out with the Cross Chop.

"Elgyem, the Cerebral Pokémon," said Roy's Pokédex. "Elgyem possesses potent psychic powers, and can Teleport with ease. It is also able to turn invisible."

"So, you, Chili, and Cress, you're the Shadow Triad?" Jack demanded.

"Fine," sighed Cilan. "Our positions as Striaton Gym Leaders were all too perfect a cover. Nobody would ever suspect a trio of flamboyant Gym Leaders that doubled as waiters."

"He's got a point," admitted the narrator.

"So it's not just Lillipup and a Pan-thing you have?" asked Roy.

"Of course not," snapped Cilan. "Each of us have an Elgyem, that's how we can warp all over and turn invisible. And each of us also has a Galvantula, that's how we sealed up the entrance to Chargestone Cave.

"Why?" asked Jack. "Why work for scum like Team Plasma?"

"A long time ago," replied Cilan, "Ghetsis saved our lives. Ever since then, we've sworn our loyalty to him. We don't completely agree with the whole releasing Pokémon deal, but fulfilling our duties as the Shadow Triad is the least we can do to repay him.

Roy opened his mouth to say something else, but at that point, Elgyem regained consciousness. Cilan made an odd hand gesture to it that seemed to be some sort of code, because immediately afterwards, both Pokémon and Gym Leader/waiter/criminal vanished. Looking down the hall, Jack could see that Cilan's mask and wig had also vanished.

"Wow," murmured Bianca as the group continued down the hall. "I never suspected the Striaton Gym Leaders... Hey, Jack, aren't you gonna heal your Pokémon?"

"Already on it," replied Jack as he rapidly pressed buttons on his Pokédex. "Just rearranged my team. Put in some of my most powerful Pokémon. Also left room for Reshiram, just in case."

With that, the group headed up the staircase that stood at the end of the hall, ending up in yet another hallway.

"Quite the repetitive building, wouldn't you say, sir?" inquired the narrator.

"I guess," said Jack. "Real fancy, though."

Just then, another figure clad entirely in black appeared before the group. This time, nobody reacted.

"A battle between you and our lord N..." the man said. "It will reveal whether our lord is truly an ideal hero. And-"

"Yeah, yeah, save it, Chili," interrupted Jack. "Or are you Cress?"

"I don't know what you're-" began the man as Misty lunged forward and ripped off the man's toupee and mask in one swift movement, revealing a familiar face with fiery red hair.

"...talking about," finished Chili lamely. "How did you know?"

"Let's just say we chopped the information out of Cilan," replied Jack.

Chili sighed. "Let's go, Elgyem," he said. With that, the Gym Leader vanished.

"What do you want to bet we run into Cress on the next floor?" Jack asked.

"I'd say it's pretty good odds, sir," answered the narrator as they continued down the hall. Nothing more of interest happened during this walk. Not long after their run-in with Chili, the group found themselves at yet another staircase.

"You know," Jack stated as they climbed the stairs, "For all the effort they went to to make this castle rise out of the ground, you'd think they'd bother to install elevators." The rest of the group grunted in agreement. As they reached the top of the stairs, they could see yet another man dressed in black clothing.

"This-"

"Cress, save it, we know who you are," interrupted Jack.

"Arceus damn it," sighed Cress as he ripped off his toupee and mask, revealing his blue dreadlocks. "Anyway, as I was saying," he continued, pointing to his right to a door, "This room is the world that was provided to our lord N. When I go into the room, I feel nothing. But you, you guys have spent more time with N than I have. Maybe you will feel something. Elgyem, use Teleport."

And with that, Cress vanished.

Roy shrugged. "Should we go in?" he asked.

"Fine," sighed Jack. "But let's make it quick, OK? I want to get to N and battle him already."

With that, the group entered the room.

Jack blinked. The room they were in appeared to be little more than a toy room. The floor was littered with plastic train tracks, and a large skateboard ramp stood in one corner. Against one wall was a tall basketball hoop, in which a toy train was stuck. A basketball sat on the floor, with the word "Harmonia" scrawled on it in permanent marker.

"Are those... claw marks on that skateboard ramp?" asked Bianca, obviously rather freaked out.

"Shall we leave now?" asked Roy.

"Whatever," Jack answered. With that, the group left the room and continued down the hall.

"So," said Jack, "Anyone feel anything in there?"

"I dunno," said Roy. "It was odd, knowing that N spent his childhood in that room. I can't really describe how I felt in there."

"I was freaked out a little bit," Bianca stated. "There were claw marks on that skateboard ramp. N's a werewolf!"

"Or," said Roy, "He had Pokémon in that room with him."

"...oh," said Bianca. "Oh, that makes more sense, doesn't it?"
~~~~~~~~

Two event-free minutes later, the group arrived at another staircase, ascended it with yet more lack of event, and found themselves in another hallway. However, this time, they had barely taken ten steps before Jack noticed a large doorway to their right, blocked by none other than-

"Ghetsis!" snarled Jack.

"Welcome, holder of the Light Stone," replied Ghetsis. "The castle that appeared as if it were enveloping the Pokémon League is a symbol. It means Unova will change."

"Not if I can help it," Jack snapped.

"The king of this castle is the strongest Trainer in the world," continued Ghetsis, apparently ignoring Jack. "He is accompanied by the legendary Pokémon. He has defeated the Champion. Added to all that, his heart burns with the desire to improve the world. If that's not what makes a hero, what more do you need?"

"Where do I begin?" Roy said.

"And now that the stage is set, we can seize people's minds and hearts. We can bring into being the world that I- no, that Team Plasma desires, more easily than you can imagine! We and only we will use Pokémon, and we shall rule the powerless populace! I've been waiting so long for this! I've kept my silence so no one could piece together what I planned. Now, those painful days are at an end!" cackled Ghetsis, his voice sounding increasingly insane. He then stepped off to the right, leaving no further obstacle between the group and the door.

"Go! Onward!" exclaimed Ghetsis. "Discover whether you have what it takes to be a hero!"

"Anything to get away from you," Jack retorted as he stepped into the large room before him. Down the middle of the floor was laid a red carpet. On a throne at the other end of the room sat none other than N.

"What I desire," N said as he rose from his throne, "Is a world for Pokémon, and Pokémon alone. I will separate Pokémon from people, so Pokémon can regain their original power."

"You're serious," Jack stated, shaking his head.

"As a ham," replied N. "It's time to settle this once and for all! My determination is absolute! I will prove the value of my beliefs even if it means my Pokémon friends get hurt! Since you've come this far, I believe you are equally determined. If this is the case, then prove it to me! Show me the depth of your determination!"

Jack took a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it, but N ignored him.

"You came all this way to battle me…" N sighed, in a dejected tone of voice. "But Reshiram isn't responding. You haven't yet been recognized as the hero, have you? Disappointing. I actually kind of liked you a little. Through our many battles, I got the feeling that you might be a Trainer who truly cares for Pokémon!"

"He IS!" Misty exclaimed. Her outburst echoed around the throne room.

"But I was kidding myself," N sighed, shaking his head. "The idea of Trainers getting to know each other through battles... It's ridculous! You have two options. Challenge me to a fight you can't win, or leave this place and watch the birth of a new world where Pokémon are free of people! Zekrom, come to me!"

At that moment, a large, black Pokémon crashed into the room, leaving a gaping hole in the back wall, and reducing N's throne to kindling. Zekrom landed on the floor immediately before Jack, and roared loudly. Then, the bands on its tail began to glow a bright blue, and electricity crackled all around Zekrom.

"Nice touch," murmured Roy.

For a moment, Jack looked up at the imposing figure of Zekrom, a mixture of fear and determination on his face. Then, his backpack gave a violent jerk.

"Jack..." murmured Bianca as the spherical white rock floated up and out of the pack.

"The Light Stone..." murmured N. "I mean... Reshiram..."

The stone floated up into the air, and for a moment rotated in place, before it began to change shape. At first, it just seemed to grow in size, like a Voltorb evolving into Electrode. Then, the stone unfurled itself, revealing a large dragonlike figure, extremely similar in body shape to Zekrom. It opened its eyes, which were a brilliant blue, and then opened its mouth, giving a loud roar. A great orange flame appeared in its conical tail, and flames swirled all around it. Once the brilliant flames had passed, Reshiram landed on the ground, and looked directly at Jack.

N looked thrilled. "So," he said. "You really are a hero, Jack. Reshiram is said to only appear before those it considers to be heroes. And I'll tell you exactly what Reshiram is saying to you, Jack. It's saying, 'I want to battle with you. Try to make me your friend and ally,'. It plans to test you to see if you are really pursuing the truth. I, also, am curious to see how powerful you are. Now, catch Reshiram and make it your ally!"

N then took the odd Rubik's Cube-like object off of his belt and pressed a button on it. Immediately, an epic tune began to play.

Jack threw the now-sweaty Poké Ball he had been clutching for the last five minutes. "Victini, go!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, Jack's Victini appeared, and looked up at the massive legendary before it, showing no signs of fear.

Reshiram made the first move. Roaring loudly, it formed a sphere of fire above its head, then sent it crashing down upon Victini.

"That's Reshiram's Fusion Flare..." N sighed, apparently dazzled by the sight of the attack.

"Victini!" yelled Jack. To his relief, the Victory Pokémon flew into the air, and barely seemed injured. Jack breathed a sigh of relief. "Use Quick Attack!" he called.

"Tiniiiiiiii!" squealed Victini as it zoomed through the air and slammed into Reshiram. The legendary stumbled a bit, but seemed largely unaffected by the attack. It then unleashed a strange purple flame from its mouth.

"Dodge that DragonBreath and use Confusion!" Jack ordered.

Victini swooped in midair, evading the DragonBreath attack, and fired off a V-shaped blast of psychic power from its ears. Reshiram howled upon being hit with the attack, but responded almost immediately with another DragonBreath. Victini couldn't avoid this one, and fell to the floor, unconscious.

"Victini, return," Jack said, holding Victini's Poké Ball in one hand and throwing another ball with the other hand. "Rayquaza, destroy!"

In a flash of light and a swirl of stars, Jack's Shiny Rayquaza materialized, and stared down its fellow legendary.

"Rayquaza, Aqua Tail now!" Jack ordered. Immediately, water began swirling around Rayquaza's tail, and it swung said tail in Reshiram's direction. Reshiram responded with another Fusion Flare attack, which collided with the Aqua Tail. A large quantity of steam rose from where the attacks met, telling Jack that the water from Aqua Tail had evaporated.

"That's science for you," N smiled.

"Hyper Beam!" Jack ordered. Rayquaza gave a shrieking roar, and fired a red beam of pure destructive energy from its mouth. Reshiram responded by mimicing this action exactly. The two Hyper Beams met in midair, creating a colossal explosion that rocked the entire castle. When the smoke cleared, Rayquaza lay on the floor, unconscious, but Reshiram still looked good to go, albeit apparently struggling to stay upright now.

"Get back!" Jack called, holding out the Poké Ball while throwing the Master Ball. "Tornadus, go!"

"Jack, no!" groaned Roy. But it was too late; Tornadus appeared in a flash of purple light.

"Tornadus, please," Jack called in desperation. "You have to listen to me this time, there's too much at stake!"

"Tor?!" Tornadus exclaimed at the word "please". It wasn't often that Jack was polite, and Tornadus knew it. Even Roy, the narrator, and Misty were giving Jack surprised looks.

"This has only happened once before," the narrator explained. "And it was what caused his Koffing to evolve."

"Na..." murmured Tornadus as it looked into Jack's eyes. Jack met its gaze unwaveringly. After a few moments, Tornadus turned to face Reshiram, as if silently asking it something. Reshiram nodded.

Tornadus looked over its shoulder, and smiled and winked at Jack. Jack grinned back, and Tornadus turned back around to face Reshiram.

"All right, Tornadus!" Jack exclaimed. "Use Sludge Wave!"

"Torna!" roared Tornadus as its eyes glowed purple. Then, a large tidal wave of filthy black sludge rose up behind it, and crashed down onto Reshiram, knocking it to the floor. As it struggled to get up, Jack dug an empty Poké Ball out of his backpack.

"Poké Ball, go!" Jack yelled, throwing aforementioned sphere. The ball struck Reshiram and converted it into transparent red energy. Once all the energy was sucked into the Poké Ball, it snapped shut and fell to the floor, where it wobbled once...

Twice...

The ball exploded. Fragments of Poké Ball flew in every direction, forcing Zekrom to duck as one flew right where its left eye had been moments ago. Reshiram emerged from the ruined remnants of the ball, and landed back on the floor. Undeterred, Jack threw another Poké Ball. This one made the telltale whirring noise as it flew at Reshiram. Once Reshiram was turned into red energy and sucked into the ball, it shook violently in midair, then fell to the floor, where it wobbled once...

...And clicked shut. Jack had caught Reshiram.

The music stopped. Jack broke out into a wide grin as Tornadus scooped up the Poké Ball and handed it to its trainer.

"You did it, sir!" the narrator exclaimed as Jack withdrew Tornadus. N, too, was smiling.

"So, Reshiram, who is said to lend its power to the hero who searches for truth, has recognized your power and now agrees to stand by your side… I must congratulate you on this, Jack. But hold on," he continued. "Your Pokémon are hurt. There is no triumph to be gained in battling a weakened opponent." With that, N took his odd Rubik's Cube device and pressed another button, and a ray of blue light shone onto Jack's belt. Jack felt the Poké Balls on his belt quiver ever so slightly before N shut the device off and clipped it back onto his own belt.

"Uh, what the hell?" Jack asked.

"I just healed your Pokémon," replied N. "You're welcome.

"Oh."

"And now," N continued, "I will create the future I desire! I shall sweep you before me! Let's go!"
--------------
End of Chapter 37.

*It is revealed that the Shadow Triad is made up of Cilan, Chili, and Cress.
*Cilan, Chili, and Cress are each revealed to own an Elgyem and a Galvantula.
*Jack alters his team to include Victini, Tornadus, Rayquaza, and two others.
*Jack's Light Stone turns into Reshiram.
*Tornadus begins to obey Jack.
*Jack catches Reshiram.

Nice chapter. My beliefs have been confirmed, the Striaton leaders are the Shadow Triad.

The trainer tip should have been 'Never use Aqua Tail against a Fire Pokemon, unless you want to see science'.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Two whole chapters in one day! Jack didn't faint by saying please! What is going on?! Awesome chapter though. What is it about the Pokemon League that writers write so fast and so well?

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Awesome! I hate it how they change stuff between the manga, anime, and video games. Sometimes characters are good, sometimes they're evil. I like to think of Cilian as a good guy. A very annoying good guy, but that's because I like to think of the tv show when I think of the characters. I guess in the video games they're bad guys. I can't wait for the next chapter. Also, I have a question? If you are going to be a professional author, can you make this into a real book? I'd buy it.

SSBB Master

is NCS in disguise
"There were claw marks on that skateboard ramp. N's a werewolf!"

Facepalm, or sweatdrop, whatever you like really

The ball exploded. Fragments of Poké Ball flew in every direction, forcing Zekrom to duck as one flew right where its left eye had been moments ago. Reshiram emerged from the ruined remnants of the ball, and landed back on the floor. Undeterred, Jack threw another Poké Ball. This one made the telltale whirring noise as it flew at Reshiram. Once Reshiram was turned into red energy and sucked into the ball, it shook violently in midair, then fell to the floor, where it wobbled once...

...And clicked shut. Jack had caught Reshiram.

I trust Jack will be keeping Reshiram? I just figure, since he isn't a gay "Release my strongest pokemanz huderp" guy like, say, ash.

"Tornadus, please," Jack called in desperation. "You have to listen to me this time, there's too much at stake!"

"Tor?!" Tornadus exclaimed at the word "please". It wasn't often that Jack was polite, and Tornadus knew it. Even Roy, the narrator, and Misty were giving Jack surprised looks.

Woah. I think we just witnessed the annual event of Jack saying please.

Hold on," said Roy. Jack has a point. I saw those strands of green hair. What's that about?"

"I tell you, I don't know what you're talking about," the man stated with a hint of impatience (and in the super ultra sexy narrator's opinion, a tinge of nervousness). As Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, the narrator swiftly stepped off to the side, allowing Toxicroak to execute a Cross Chop on the Shadow Triad member. The man fell to the floor, and his black mask and blonde hairpiece flew across the hall.

"Cilan?!" exclaimed Jack, Roy, and the narrator simultaneously. Laying next to the Striaton Gym Leader was a small green Pokémon. It was human in shape, but with a massive head. It was unconscious; Toxicroak evidently knocked it out with the Cross Chop.

This part about the shadow triad made my day.

"There were claw marks on that skateboard ramp. N's a werewolf!"

Meh, I liked the werewolf theory better.

Yeah, that's right, I'm back. I figured I'd do a review since I haven't done one in so long. I also just want you to know that I am still reading this piece of comedy gold. I give the most recent chapter a 3.8 out of five. There were no grammatical errors or typos that I could pick up, the chapter was considerably funny (There hasn't been a horrifically funny chapter where I almost died laughing lately though) and was enjoyable overall despite it being short. Another good chapter MM.

-Resident evil ;461;

...Is there any particular reason why Reshiram is suddenly strong enough to take out two other legendaries single-handedly? I mean, Victini yes, (aside from the unreasonably fast KO) but then Rayquaza? without a break?

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
...Is there any particular reason why Reshiram is suddenly strong enough to take out two other legendaries single-handedly? I mean, Victini yes, (aside from the unreasonably fast KO) but then Rayquaza? without a break?

Well, Reshiram was really tired after Rayquaza fainted. Tornadus was mainly to be faster than it and strike the final blow.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
I think reshiram was a bit too strong but other then that I loved this chapter. Good writting and the Three cs bros stuff was great. Shadow triad FTW!

Rank up!

ninetails012

teh wild card
nice last 2 chapters! i wonder what will happen next.....
"You wish," smiled N. He then cleared his throat and said dramatically, "Now, from the ground, rise up! The castle of Team Plasma! Surround the Pokémon League!"

...Nothing happened. An annoyed look came over N's face.

"I said," N shouted, "from the ground, rise up! The castle of Team Plasma! Surround the Pokémon League!"

Still, nothing happened.

Sighing, N dug a cell phone out of his pocket, punched in a phone number, and held it up to his ear. "Giallo? It's your lord N, that's who the hell it is. Didn't you hear me just now? Oh, for the love of Arceus... The GREEN button, Giallo! Not the red button! That controls the air conditioning! The green button makes the castle go up! Let's try this again, OK?" And he hung up, shoving the phone back into his pocket.

"What in the hell?" Jack asked.

"Sages," replied N, shaking his head. "Loyal to a fault, but they are absolutely hopeless with technology. Now, let's try this one more time." N cleared his throat and bellowed in his loudest voice yet, in bold and size three font; "Now, from the ground, rise up! The castle of Team Plasma! Surround the Pokémon League!"

^this
i wanted to do this in a story i was writeing but now i cant without thinking i copied you :D
"You're serious," Jack stated, shaking his head.

"As a ham," replied N. "It's time to settle this once and for all! My determination is absolute! I will prove the value of my beliefs even if it means my Pokémon friends get hurt! Since you've come this far, I believe you are equally determined. If this is the case, then prove it to me! Show me the depth of your determination!"
er, as a ham?
anyway, i think that was clever makeing Cilan, Chili, and Cress the shadow triad!
cant wait for the next chapter!

GroundBlaze

Starter Keeper
Wow I'm late on the second chapter.....

Anyway awsome reveal about the striation leaaders

Plus epic legendary battle is epic (of epicness)

now for the final battle of legends and hacked hydras

and of course all legendaries tremble before the power of

SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Nice chapter. My beliefs have been confirmed, the Striaton leaders are the Shadow Triad.
It's my beliefs as well. Plus, this actually plays into part of the plot later on...

...Wow. Two amazing(of amazingness) chapters in one day! And Rayquaza retuns! You, my riend, are an amazing author. That just reminds me that I need to get working on my own fanfic, though....
Thanks!

I have a question? If you are going to be a professional author, can you make this into a real book? I'd buy it.
I have no plans to be a professional author, much less make this into a real book. Given the Youtube links, it probably wouldn't have the same effect. Thanks all the same, though!

I trust Jack will be keeping Reshiram? I just figure, since he isn't a gay "Release my strongest pokemanz huderp" guy like, say, ash.
Yep, Jack's keeping Reshiram.

Woah. I think we just witnessed the annual event of Jack saying please.
Yep.

This part about the shadow triad made my day.
As I believe in that theory myself, I couldn't not write it into the story.

Yeah, that's right, I'm back. I figured I'd do a review since I haven't done one in so long. I also just want you to know that I am still reading this piece of comedy gold. I give the most recent chapter a 3.8 out of five. There were no grammatical errors or typos that I could pick up, the chapter was considerably funny (There hasn't been a horrifically funny chapter where I almost died laughing lately though) and was enjoyable overall despite it being short. Another good chapter MM.
Thanks for the review!

It's to capitalize on how royally screwed Jack would be if he didn't have Reshiram with him to battle N.

^this
i wanted to do this in a story i was writeing but now i cant without thinking i copied you :D
I'd be fine with you doing it in your story.

er, as a ham?
I take it you haven't watched A Fairly Odd Movie; Grow Up, Timmy Turner?

anyway, i think that was clever makeing Cilan, Chili, and Cress the shadow triad!
cant wait for the next chapter!
The idea of the Striaton Gym Leaders being the Shadow Triad isn't my idea, it's a theory that's been going around the internet. I just think the theory makes sense.

I'm working on the next chapter right now, and it's going good. I might have it done tonight, but more than likely, not till tomorrow. Still, I've been wrong before...

FieryLucario

Just a Person
Well, that would explain why the three gym leaders weren't there at the battle... very creative idea there

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 38: The Family Business
--------------
N pressed a button on his odd Rubik's Cube-esque device, and a weird yet somehow awesome tune began to play.

"Zekrom! You're up!" N exclaimed. In response, Zekrom leapt into the air, flew over N, and landed on the floor between him and Jack with an earth-shaking crash.

Jack pulled a Poké Ball off his belt, sighed deeply, and threw it. "Reshiram, go!" he shouted.

In a burst of light, the majestic form of Reshiram appeared. It landed on the floor with as earth-shaking a crash as Zekrom had, and faced aforementioned foe.

"Zekrom! Fusion Bolt now!" N exclaimed.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" Zekrom roared in its deep voice. Blue electricity crackled all around Zekrom, eventually forming a brilliant blue sphere around the legendary Pokémon. Zekrom then rose into the air and, without warning, rammed Reshiram with great force and speed. Reshiram was thrown back and slammed into the wall, but flew back to its position with ease.

"Try Fusion Flare, Reshiram!" Jack called.

Reshiram let out a loud roar as an orange fireball formed above its head. Jack thought he could see several blue electrical sparks in the flames this time. Reshiram roared again, and the fireball flew forwards, colliding with Zekrom and creating a colossal explosion. N dove out of the way as Zekrom was plowed backwards and almost out the hole it had made in the wall in the previous chapter.

"Don't let it recover!" Jack shouted. "Reshiram, Hyper Beam!"

Reshiram opened its mouth, and a red beam of destructive force shot forth, headed straight for Zekrom.

"Zekrom, you can do it!" N encouraged. "Dodge it and use Zen Headbutt!"

With a massive effort, Zekrom leapt into the air, and the Hyper Beam missed completely. Zekrom then dove down, a blue glow enveloping its forehead. Immediately, Jack dug into his backpack and pulled out a blue-and-red disc. After quickly looking at the label, Jack smiled, nodded, and threw the TM at Reshiram. The TM passed through Reshiram's body, giving its body a brief blueish glow. Once the TM came flying back, Jack caught it, stuffed it into his backpack, and yelled, "Reshiram, use Dragon Tail!"

Reshiram's tail glowed a bright blue, and it spun around on the spot, its tail colliding with Zekrom. As the Deep Black Pokémon crashed to the floor, it turned into a glob of transparent red energy, and flew into a Poké Ball on N's belt. At the same time, a blast of white light flew forth from another Poké Ball on N's belt, taking the form of a Klinklang.

"A Klinklang?" Jack said. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was the Klink you used in Chargestone Cave."

"It is, actually," replied N. "When I released Ferroseed, Boldore, and Joltik, Klink just refused to leave. Klink told me that it was intent on helping me realize my goal even if it meant being trapped in a Poké Ball. I've formed close bonds with all of my Pokémon friends, but Klink and I... it's like we're brothers."

"Moving speech," stated Jack. "Reshiram, use your Fusion Flare!"

"Klinklang, Flamethrower!" N exclaimed.

"WHAT?!" Jack exclaimed as Reshiram launched a beautiful fireball. Sure enough, Klinklang's gears began spinning at blinding speeds, and a stream of fire exploded forth from the smallest gear's nose. The two attacks collided, but the Fusion Flare quickly began to overpower the Flamethrower, and slammed into Klinklang, causing an explosion. Then, to Jack's surprise, a Zoroark expertly leapt out of the cloud of smoke the explosion caused.

"Oh, didn't I mention, Jack? I have a Zoroark, and this is it. Zoroark, Night Daze!"

Zoroark gave a low growl, and its eyes glowed light blue. A red aura appeared around its arms as it raised them into the air. Zoroark then slammed its arms into the ground, and a blast of red energy exploded forth.

Quickly, Jack held out Reshiram's Poké Ball. "Reshiram, get back!" he called. Reshiram was struck by the ball's energy beam and withdrawn just in time; the Night Daze flew right by Jack, passing through where Reshiram had been standing seconds ago. Jack then threw the Master Ball. "Tornadus, I choose you!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, Jack's Tornadus appeared. It floated in the air before Jack and gave its trainer a salute.

"Zoroark, Night Daze once more!" N called out.

"Tornadus, Dark Pulse!" Jack ordered.

Zoroark repeated its earlier actions, sending a wave of red energy at Tornadus, who responded by holding out both of its hands. A barrage of black energy rings exploded forth from Tornadus's palms, colliding with Night Daze. The two seemed evenly matched for a moment, but Zoroark's Night Daze began to overpower the Dark Pulse.

"Come on, Tornadus!" Jack shouted. "Use Gust attack!"

"Na!" Tornadus exclaimed, shaking its head. It then stopped its Dark Pulse and flew up swiftly, evading the Night Daze. Tornadus then closed its eyes and focused. Its tail began to whip around wildly, and no fewer than five tornadoes formed, all of them flying around Tornadus. Tornadus clapped its hands together, and the whirlwinds flew at Zoroark, spinning it around wildly.

"That's gotta be the best Gust attack I've ever seen," Jack murmured.

"That would be because it's not Gust, sir," replied the narrator. "I believe Tornadus has just learned Hurricane."

"Yeah! Yucky wight!" exclaimed the narrator's Pokédex.

"Do stop calling me that," sighed the narrator.

"Zoroark!" N exclaimed as aforementioned Pokémon slumped to the floor, clearly unable to battle. Sighing, N held out a Poké Ball, withdrawing Zoroark. He then grabbed another Poké Ball and threw it. "Now, it's time for the real deal! Klinklang, go!" he called.

In a flash of light, the actual Klinklang materialized, its gears steadily rotating.

"Tornadus, use Hurricane once more!" Jack called.

"Klinklang, Thunder Wave!" N ordered.

As multiple whirlwinds formed around Tornadus, Klinklang unleashed a jolt of electricity. Upon being hit by the attack, Tornadus fell to the floor, electricity crackling all over its body. It struggled to move.

"Shift Gear, then Gear Grind!" said N.

"Klaaaaaaaang," droned Klinklang as it glowed a bright white, its gears spinning with dizzying rapidity. The glow then faded, but its gears continued to spin with great speed. Klinklang then dove down at the paralyzed Tornadus, and squeezed over Tornadus's torso. Tornadus wailed in pain.

"Come on, Tornadus! Fight it off! Dark Pulse!" Jack called.

"Thunder attack now!" N exclaimed triumphantly.

As Tornadus aimed its hands at Klinklang, the latter unleashed a blast of electricity. Tornadus howled in agony as the electricity lit up its body. At long last, Klinklang flew up and away from Tornadus's body as aforementioned Tornadus slumped to the floor, unconscious.

"Return, Tornadus," Jack sighed, holding out the Master Ball. He then took another Poké Ball out and threw it. "Victini! Let's do it!"

"Tiniiii!" exclaimed Victini as it emerged from its ball, bathed in white light.

"Klinklang, Thunder Wave!" N ordered.

"Dodge it, Victini, then use Searing Shot!" Jack commanded.

Victini flew up into the air, deftly evading the oncoming jolt of electricity, then launched a sizzling fireball from its mouth. Klinklang made an attempt to dodge this, but was hit hard, and plowed backwards, into N's arms. N looked at Klinklang, who rose up to assure its trainer that it was still conscious. However, it appeared that Klinklang had spoken too soon; it suddenly fell to the floor, and moved no more.

"Return," sighed N. Once Klinklang was back in its Poké Ball, N took another Poké Ball out and threw it. "Carracosta! I choose you!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, what Jack supposed was an ancestor of Blastoise emerged. Its body was blue, but much lighter than the dark shade of blue one normally sees on a Blastoise. It also had a shell, but it was smaller and more gray than Blastoise's.

"Carracosta, the Prototurtle Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tirtouga," stated Jack's Pokédex. "Carracosta has the power to make a sizable hole in a ship's hull with one slap. It hunted in the prehistoric seas."

"Victini, use Confusion!" Jack called.

"Carracosta, Shell Smash!" shouted N.

As Victini launched a V-shaped beam of blue psychic power from its ears, a red aura covered Carracosta's shell. Then, the aura seemed to explode, with shell-shaped "fragments" flying in every direction, disappearing in midair. The Confusion attack struck Carracosta, and sent it flying backwards. Jack smiled, thinking that Carracosta was unconscious. He was shocked, therefore, to see another red aura cover Carracosta's whole body as it climbed back to its feet.

"Carracosta's Ability- Sturdy," smiled N. "It can survive attacks that-"

"I know what Sturdy does," Jack growled, interrupting N.

"He really does," Roy added, nodding.

"Which means," Jack added, a grin forming on his face, "that one more hit and your Carracosta is Carra-toast-a! Victini, Incinerate!"

"Aqua Jet!" N called. Swiftly, Carracosta rose into the air, water surrounding its entire body. Before Victini could even open its mouth, Carracosta zoomed forward and slammed into the Victory Pokémon, sending it flying into the air, and landing in Jack's arms, clearly unconscious.

"Wow," murmured Bianca as Jack withdrew Victini. "That Carracosta has some real power!"

"It's partially due to Shell Smash," explained the narrator. "Shell Smash is a move which provides a sharp increase to a Pokémon's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, but at the cost of reducing its Defense and Special Defense."

"Arbok, go!" Jack shouted, throwing a Poké Ball. In a blast of light, Jack's Arbok appeared. It faced Carracosta and hissed. Carracosta looked somewhat unnerved.

"Why, it looks somewhat unnerved," remarked Misty.

"Copycat," muttered the narrator.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Misty yelled suddenly and in all caps. She then slapped the narrator, sending him flying into the wall.

"Well, yeah, Jack's Arbok has Intimidate," remarked Roy. "I noticed it in Celadon Gym."

"Intimidate or not, you still have what it takes, Carracosta!" N said encouragingly. "Use Stone Edge!"

"Arbok, dodge it and use Glare!" Jack called.

"Chaa!" hissed Arbok as it expertly wove its way through the barrage of oncoming sharpened stones. It then locked eyes with Carracosta. Arbok's eyes took on a bluish glow, and Carracosta suddenly found itself incapable of moving.

"No!" exclaimed N. "Aqua Jet, Carracosta!"

"...costa..." grunted Carracosta as it struggled to move.

"Carracosta is paralyzed! It can't move!" exclaimed Jack's Pokédex.

"Now, Arbok! Poison Tail!" Jack ordered.

Arbok glided across the floor, then swung its tail, the tip of which was glowing purple. The tail struck the helpless Carracosta, knocking it onto its back. Carracosta made no attempt to get up.

"Return, Carracosta!" exclaimed N as he held out Carracosta's Poké Ball. Then, he threw another ball. "Archeops, time for battle!"

In a flash of light, what appeared to be a weird combination between a snake and a bird materialized. Jack could see claws at the tips of its wings, and teeth in its beak.

"Archeops, the First Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Archen," said Jack's Pokédex. "Archeops is more adept at running than at flying. It is said to be the ancestor of all Flying-types."

"Arbok, Glare!" Jack ordered.

"Archeops, Dragon Tail!" commanded N.

Arbok tried to make eye contact with Archeops, but the First Bird Pokémon was flying far too fast. It slammed its now blue glowing tail into Arbok, sending it flying backwards. In midair, Arbok turned into transparent red energy and was sucked back into its Poké Ball. Then, in a flash of light, Reshiram re-emerged from its own Poké Ball.

"Reshiram, Dragonbreath!" Jack called.

"Archeops, Stone Edge!" N ordered.

Reshiram unleashed the peculiar purple fire from its mouth, as Archeops flapped its wings vigorously. Sharpened stones materialized out of nowhere in midair, and flew at Reshiram as the Dragonbreath struck Archeops, sending it falling to the floor. Reshiram then attempted to dodge the Stone Edge, but no good; it took the entire attack. Reshiram gave one feeble roar before falling to the floor, unconscious.

"NO!" exclaimed Jack, Roy, the narrator, Misty, and Bianca simultaneously.

"That's impossible!" exclaimed Bianca as Jack withdrew Reshiram. "How could that have happened? Reshiram didn't even take that much damage!"

"Well," the narrator said, "Archeops are known for being exceedingly powerful. Not to mention, Stone Edge is one of the most powerful Rock-type moves in existence, second only to Rock Wrecker, and was the same type as Archeops. But still..."

"A critical hit. It was a critical hit," Jack's Pokédex said.

"Damn," sighed Jack as he threw a Poké Ball. "Arbok, go!"

In a flash of light, Arbok re-emerged from its ball, and stared down Archeops, who had just managed to get back to its feet.

"Arbok might still have a chance," the narrator continued. "In addition to Intimidate activating, I'd bet anything that that Dragonbreath from Reshiram activated Archeops's ability- Defeatist!"

"Defeatist?" repeated Jack.

"Is there an echo in the throne room?" the narrator smoothly responded. "Anyway, Defeatist reduces Archeops's offensive stats if it's taken sufficient damage."

"And it's taken a buttload of damage," confirmed Jack's Pokédex.

"Arbok, use your Thunder Fang attack!" Jack ordered.

"Archeops, Earthquake!" N ordered.

"Arrr..." Archeops cawed weakly as Arbok lunged forward. Sighing, Archeops raised its tail and prepared to slam it to the floor, when Arbok bit into Archeops's left wing, sending electricity coursing through the First Bird Pokémon. As Arbok relinquished its grip, Archeops fainted.

"Not bad," N remarked as he withdrew Archeops. "I'm down to two Pokémon, Jack, whereas you still have three. I'm impressed. Though, as Reshiram is unconscious, and my Zekrom is still fighting fit, you don't stand a chance in Hell. Oh, well." And he threw another Poké Ball. "Go, Vanilluxe!" he called.

In a flash of light, what appeared to be two scoops of ice cream in a shiny cone appeared. Each scoop had a face, and the one to Jack's right had a drinking straw sticking out of it.

"Vanilluxe, the Snowstorm Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vanillish," stated Jack's Pokédex. "Vanilluxe is usually easygoing, but when angered, can unleash powerful blizzards. This only occurs if both heads are angry at the same time."

"Vanilluxe, Ice Beam!" N commanded.

"Arbok, Fire Fang!" Jack called.

As Arbok lunged forward, its mouth full of fire, Vanilluxe formed a ball of light blue energy in the air above it, between its two heads. A beam of icy energy then exploded forth from the orb. The Ice Beam hit Arbok in the mouth, but the only result was a cloud of steam.

"Fire melts the ice and evaporates the resulting water, making steam. Science, N. Now, Arbok!" Jack exclaimed. "Gunk Shot!"

The steam was taking a while to clear, but everybody could see a brief purple glow from within the steam cloud. Then, a cry of "Luxe!" was heard, followed by the sound of ice hitting the floor. The steam finally cleared, revealing Vanilluxe to be unconscious.

"Very good, Jack," smiled N as he withdrew Vanilluxe. "I admit, you really impressed me with that move. But playtime's over, Jack. It's time for the big finale." And he threw the Poké Ball that was now in his right hand. "Zekrom, it's time!"

In a flash of light, N's Zekrom materialized, landing on the floor with an earth-shaking crash.

"Arbok, Gunk Shot once more! Give it everything you got!" Jack ordered.

Arbok opened its mouth wide, and formed another purple glowing sphere within. It then launched it at Zekrom.

"Fusion Bolt!" N ordered.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" roared Zekrom as it leaned back, evading the Gunk Shot. Then, electricity crackled all over Zekrom's body, forming a brilliant blue sphere. Arbok attempted to slither out of the way, but Zekrom rose into the air, then crashed down on Arbok. As Zekrom flew back to its spot in front of N, Jack could see that Arbok was unconscious.

"Arbok, return! Rayquaza, go!" Jack called as he held Arbok's ball in one hand and threw the other ball with the other hand.

In a flash of light and a swirl of stars, Jack's Shiny Rayquaza materialized. It gave a shrieking roar and glared at Zekrom.

"I forgot Rayquaza!" exclaimed Misty. "There's still hope!"

"No hope at all," smirked N. "Rayquaza is still a Flying-type, even if it's a Dragon-type. Another Fusion Bolt, Zekrom!"

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" Zekrom bellowed, as it formed the sphere of blue electricity around its body once more.

"Rayquaza, Hyper Beam now!" Jack called.

Rayquaza roared loudly, and unleashed a powerful red beam of pure destructive energy from its mouth at the oncoming Zekrom. The Fusion Bolt, however, cut right through the Hyper Beam as if it were extremely violent butter, and Zekrom slammed into Rayquaza.

"Come on, Rayquaza!" Jack exclaimed. "You're not gonna take that from the likes of Zekrom, are you?!"

Rayquaza, who had been slammed to the floor by the attack's force, now slowly got up, growling in a menacing fashion.

"Good," grinned Jack. "Then give it a taste of the new attack I taught you off-screen! Use Draco Meteor!"

Rayquaza roared loudly and faced straight up, a large ball of bright yellow energy forming in it. The orb then shot up and into the air, where it exploded into hundreds of fragments. The fragments of energy rocketed downward, but Zekrom acted swiftly; it sped forward, evading the Draco Meteor attack entirely, and rammed Rayquaza with a Zen Headbutt. Rayquaza fell back down to the floor, and this time, didn't get back up.

"Well, we're screwed now," sighed the narrator. "Unless, of course, Jack managed to catch another legendary while teaching Rayquaza Draco Meteor."

"Nope," sighed Jack as he withdrew his Shiny Rayquaza. He minimized the Sky High Pokémon's Poké Ball, returned it to his belt, then took one more Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it.

"We're both down to our last Pokémon, "N remarked. "I'm afraid I already know how this will end. It's a shame, really. Were this not such a foregone conclusion, I would be more excited over this."

"It's just you and me now," Jack muttered to the Poké Ball. "I'm counting on you." Then, he tossed the Poké Ball into the air. "Go, Weezing!" he shouted.

In a blast of white light, Jack's Weezing emerged from its Poké Ball. At the sight of Zekrom, all four of its eyes widened in fear. It turned to face Jack, who gave it a reassuring nod. Taking two deep breaths (one for each head), Weezing wheeled back around to face Zekrom.

"A Weezing?" inquired N. "I was anticipating something more impressive-looking if you were saving it for last. No matter, though. Zekrom, let's end things here and now. Fusion Bolt!"

Jack groaned. Zekrom's Fusion Bolt was, as he knew from experience, practically unstoppable. Then, he got an idea. "Weezing, Screech attack!" he commanded.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!" bellowed Weezing in a harsh, grating voice as massive sound waves shot out of its mouths. The blue ball of electricity that contained Zekrom shook in midair, then veered off course, slamming into a wall. The electricity faced, revealing Zekrom trying to extract its head from aforementioned wall.

"Awesome!" Roy grinned.

"Now, Weezing! Use your Sludge attack!" Jack ordered.

"Weezing weez," groaned Weezing. It then opened both of its mouths, unleashing twin streams of smelly black gunk. As Zekrom finally pulled its head free of the wall, it found itself being blasted with Sludge. As it attempted to fend off the attack, its dark grey forehead lit up with purple.

"Poisoned!" Jack exclaimed triumphantly.

"Come on, Zekrom! Zen Headbutt!" N ordered.

"Weezing, SmokeScreen!" Jack commanded.

"Weezing," Weezing replied as thick clouds of black smoke poured out of its pores, enveloping Zekrom. Deep, rumbling coughs could be heard from within the smoke.

"No! Zekrom, Dragon Claw!" N called.

Zekrom roared loudly, and flew straight up and out of the smoke, its claws glowing red.

"Weezing, Hyper Beam now!" Jack yelled desperately.

"ZIIIIIIINNG!" Weezing bellowed as its larger head fired off a red beam of destructive force from its mouth. The beam struck Zekrom squarely in the back before either it or N could react. Zekrom crashed to the floor, and attempted to get back up. Then, it gave up the attempt and submitted to unconsciousness.

The music stopped. A stunned silence filled the throne room, which would have made for more tense of an atmosphere, were it not for Misty breaking wind.

"I... I..." stammered N as he withdrew Zekrom. "Beaten... Jack. Your beliefs... Your truths... Your feelings... They were stronger than mine."

"We... We did it!" Jack exclaimed as Weezing flew in for a hug. Jack was more than happy to oblige and embraced the Poison Gas Pokémon.

"Reshiram and Zekrom... Each of them choosing a different hero..." N continued. "Is... Is that even possible? Two heroes with different views and goals... Could they both be right?"

"I think that's what we've all been trying to tell you the whole time," remarked Roy.

"I see now," sighed N, looking directly at Jack. "It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction. This is truly the formula for changing the world."

Jack opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the sound of the throne room's double doors being pushed open with great force. The group whirled around to see a positively livid Ghetsis storming towards them, a stark contrast to his usually calm personality. Jack braced himself, but Ghetsis stomped right past the group and confronted N.

"You idiot!" Ghetsis was shouting. "You self-righteous imbecile! After what just happened, do you really think you are still worthy of sharing the Harmonia name with me? You good for nothing boy!"

"Woah, woah, Ghetsis, calm down," Jack exclaimed. "So Team Plasma is finished, no reason to yell at the- wait, share the name Harmonia with you?" He stared at the two. "Are you two...?"

"Hell, no," growled Ghetsis in response. I'm sorry to say I am the father of this... this... this disgrace to the marvelous Team Plasma! You see, I started by spurring N to pursue ideals. We reawakened the legendary Zekrom for one purpose and one purpose only. To give power to MY Team Plasma! Power! More power! Power to control the fearful masses. We accomplished that, at least." He then wheeled around to face N. "And then you just had to go ahead with all that crap about putting your beliefs on the line and battling to see who the true hero was... And you lost! To an ordinary trainer! There is such a thing as being too stupid!"

N said nothing during his father's tirade, seemingly at a loss for words.

"You are nothing but a worthless, warped, defective boy who knows nothing but Pokémon!" Ghetsis snarled.

"But father-" started N.

"DON'T 'BUT FATHER' ME!" Ghetsis roared in all caps. "YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE!" He then wheeled around to face Jack as N clearly struggled to hold back tears.

"Jack. I had no idea that Reshiram would choose someone like you. It caught me off-guard completely."

"That makes two of us," the narrator remarked. Jack punched him in the stomach as Ghetsis continued.

"But that doesn't change my goals. My plans are still on track! I will still use Team Plasma to rule the world! To force the mindless masses to release their Pokémon, so that when I am the only one with Pokémon in all of Unova, they will be powerless to stop me!"

"What is this I am hearing?!" demanded a voice. Jack turned around to see a man with black hair walking into the throne room. He wore a brown trenchcoat. As he entered, he pressed a button on a device on his belt, and strange music began to play.

"Who are you?" demanded Ghetsis.

"Hah! And again, hah!" laughed the man. "As if a common criminal from the Team of Plasma shall extract from I, a member of the International Police, such a piece of information so vital! I shall inform you only of my code name. It is Looker. It is what they call me. Now, I am thinking that the Team Plasma has the goal of liberating the Pokémon?"

"Hah!" cackled Ghetsis. "That? That was nothing more than a convenient lie I needed to create Team Plasma. Use your brain, fool! What good could possibly come from liberating such useful creatures?"

"You are a terrible man," declared Looker. "And I come to arrest you!"

"Just try," smirked Ghetsis as he pressed a button on the castle-like top of his robes. Almost immediately, a glass wall slid up from the floor, separating Looker from the group, Ghetsis, and N.

"Gah!" Looker exclaimed as he pounded on the wall, with no effect. "A trick so dirty, expected it I should have!" He then took two Poké Balls from his trenchcoat pockets and threw them. "Karrablast! Croagunk! This wall, break it down!"

In twin flashes of light, a Croagunk appeared, alongside a Karrablast. Then, Jack did a double take upon spotting the Karrablast.

"Is that-" he began.

"The same Karrablast that's been following us around? Yep," his Pokédex finished.

"Ah, yes, I am forgetting to tell you," smiled Looker. "Karrablast, I am sending to tail you, as I am hearing things of you, Jack and friends. Stories I am hearing, yes, of your rather much noticeable roles in bringing down the Team of Plasma. I was hoping for Karrablast to gather much information on their illegal illicit activities and report back to me. Seeing as how the Plasma Team, they are drawn to you like Snorlax to a pie-eating contest."

"Enough!" snarled Ghetsis. Croagunk and Karrablast began to unleash various attacks at the wall, but nothing worked. Croagunk's Cross Chop, Poison Jab, and ThunderPunch had no effect, nor did Karrablast's Fury Attack, Horn Attack, and Megahorn. Frustrated, Looker turned off his music.

"You, shut up," Jack snapped at Ghetsis. "You are the most contemptible piece of filth it has ever been my displeasure to know, with one or two possible exceptions."

"Say what you want," smirked Ghetsis. "A Pokémon, even a Pokémon revered as a deity, is still a Pokémon. Come on! Now you shall face ME in battle! And you will know complete and utter humiliation by my hand! I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!"

Jack whipped out his Pokédex and began pressing buttons like crazy. Poké Balls vanished off of his belt, only to be replaced very quickly by new ones. Jack then took a Net Ball off his belt, enlarged it, and glared at Ghetsis, who took a Poké Ball out of his robes.
--------------
End of Chapter 38.

*Jack battles and defeats N.
*N's Zekrom is revealed to know Fusion Bolt, Zen Headbutt, and Dragon Claw.
*Jack's Reshiram learns Dragon Tail.
*N is revealed to have released Boldore, Ferroseed, and Joltik.
*N is revealed to have obtained a Zoroark, a Vanilluxe, an Archeops, and a Carracosta.
*N's Klink is revealed to have evolved into a Klinklang.
*Jack's Tornadus learns Hurricane.
*It is revealed that the other two Pokémon Jack rotated onto his team were Arbok and Weezing.
*N's Klinklang is revealed to have learned Thunder Wave, Shift Gear and Thunder.
*Jack's Rayquaza is revealed to have learned Draco Meteor.
*Ghetsis revealed he was the mastermind behind Team Plasma, and that his true goal was to take over Unova.
*Looker of the International Police appears to arrest Ghetsis.
*Looker is revealed to own the recurring Karrablast.
*Jack alters his team to include Stunfisk and five others.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Wow. That Karrablast thing was unexpected. And it was nice to see Weezing win in such a momentous battle, and especially against the odds. Can't wait to see what Jack uses in his battle against Ghetsis, since if I recall correctly, his pokemon haven't been healed yet? Unless, of course, you're implementing the in-game feature of the PC boxes auto-healing pokemon.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Wow. That Karrablast thing was unexpected. And it was nice to see Weezing win in such a momentous battle, and especially against the odds. Can't wait to see what Jack uses in his battle against Ghetsis, since if I recall correctly, his pokemon haven't been healed yet? Unless, of course, you're implementing the in-game feature of the PC boxes auto-healing pokemon.

It was actually confirmed several chapters back that the PC boxes automatically heal the Pokémon. Jack did indeed switch his team up for the Ghetsis battle.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Oh. I forgot about that. But I still can't wait to see what team he uses this time around. I sure hope he uses Omastar. In fact, I don't think we've seen Omastar since Jack caught Tornadus. Haven't seen Emboar in a while either.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
As multiple whirlwinds formed around Tornadus, Klinklang unleashed a jolt of electricity. Upon being hit by the attack, Tornadus fell to the floor, electricity crackling all over its body. It struggled to move.
"Carracosta is paralyzed! It can't move!" exclaimed Jack's Pokédex.
I hate when this happens to me.
"A critical hit. It was a critical hit," Jack's Pokédex said.
Hax, that's all I have to say about this. Just hax.

It seems you really like Arbok. It KO'ed Carracosta, Archeops, and Vanilluxe. Looker- he's such a stalker and creeper. He barely even does anything and just makes you do all the work all the time.
Also found one error:
"Not bad," N remarked as he withdrew Archeops. "I'm down to Pokémon, Jack, whereas you still have three.
I think it should be "I'm down to two Pokemon, whereas you still have three.

Really good chapter. I loved the battle with N. Although, I didn't exactly see the typical legendary weakness that Reshiram had during the battle. Maybe it is to attract more critical hits?

FieryLucario

Just a Person
Well some errors that I spoted were, the story says that 'Its taken a buttload of damage' did you mean boatload? And N says 'he is down to Pokemon' did you mean two? Also I loved Looker, he was so funny, I was not expecting that Karrablast to be his.