• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Cool, Jack is starting to think like me! Unless he already has been thinking like me.... :p
So you mean to say he's taken what you thought you think and make you think you thought your thoughts you've been thinking are thoughts you think you thought? I think?

Nnnnnot cool.
What exactly is "nnnnnot cool"?

Were flying pop-ups really necessary?
Half the stuff I do almost never is.

._.

*turns around and throws up all over the floor*
Yes, I know.

I wonder what that guy dreams about in his sleep...

...probably something about a nuclear-powered rubber duck power plant that runs on gasoline... idk
Of course not. This is a Pokémon fic!

They would be rubber Psyducks.

Really? Well, lemme see if I can ask him for some...
*returns an hour later with clothes completely tattered and several bones broken*
On second thought, maybe someone else can ask.
I could have told you that.

The head of the PUA still has some good in him!
The head of the head, more like.

The popular meme repeated by the popular pokedex. How much more awesome (of awesomness) could that possibly get? Pretty soon they'll start saying "so I herd u liek babeh pokedexes?"
Looks like it'll be hard to top that one. Not that I won't try.

o_o
epic tense moment.
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

wait, is Cheeseball coming back the bad effect or the good effect? All they really need is the Rhyperior.. It would be funnier if they used the plot device to get the Rhyperior with Cheeseball coming as the bad side effect.
Wait and see. Next chapter's coming along fine. It'll be up tomorrow at the latest.

Well, good chapter. No errors spotted. Not much action as before, but I guess the suspense for the next one is good enough to make up for that.
Believe you me, there's plenty of action to come.

You mean the head of the head of the PUA XD. Yay Cheeseball with Rhyperior! Epic battle between rivals I forsee. And it's a good thing that Jack hit it with his palm of his hand because if it was a fist I don't know what would happen. I wonder if the Plottwist ever comes back...
There might be the possibility of a chance of the probability of the idea that there exists the option of another plot twist being used. Maybe.

After two weeks of grounding I'm back!!!!
Welcome back! And forgive me if I seem nosy, but why were you grounded? You don't have to answer that, just curious.

I must say I'm at a loss of words the Random of Randomness ending, things were never supposed to be so epic but you my friend are something out of the natural making things as amazing and hilarious as only you can.
Heh, thanks.

Thanks for being so real with Ghetsis overpowered and underleveled Hydreigon and Zoroak's appearance against Caitlin. One think I'm really sorry about is I missed the ending of the Rnadom of Randomness, but I'm really looking forward to the Epic of Epicness. Please keep up your Awesome of Awesomeness!!!
Will do of will doness!

I'm just not reviewing right now I missed a lot of chapters!
It's OK, take your time, catch up, review at your own pace.

I wonder if something totally unexpected will happen as a result of the plot device. Everybody's expecting Cheeseball to come, but if I remember correctly, plot devices don't always act predictably... and I also wonder how Miror B is going to stock up on plot devices again. Where did he get all those in the first place? Didn't he collect them from Missingno. Master? In that case, I guess Miror B will have to secretly stuff some in his afro when they meet up with that bad guy again.
I could tell you if something unexpected would happen, but then it wouldn't be so unexpected now, would it?

great chapter! finally the return of mirror B.'s salsa music!
I think we've all been waiting for that moment.

this is hilarious! :D
Thanks. I try. :)

wow. a full five hours? i think i would start getting a headache :p
Consider that the music hadn't played in how many chapters now? Not since when Miror B. lost to Roy in the Pokémon League, I think.

cant wait for the next chapter! and cheeseball!
You won't have too much longer to wait.

Mirror B. drinking blood, ew. But I do love it when Jack JACK PAWNCHES someone. I'm suprised you said you weren't going to be an author because I think you'd be good at it. What you write is better than most of the garbage on tv and in books now a days. Your series is on my list of top 5 series I like to read the most. But what would the series be called? The ess of essness series? If you're not going to be an author what are you going to be? Will Cheeseball help them? Will I stop asking so many questions?! I don't know. Thanks for making my day a little better.
To answer your questions;
1; I actually refer to this as The Adventure of Adventureness series, with the first "book" having supplied the name for the series.
2: No clue.
3: That's somewhat of a spoiler, now isn't it?
4: No idea.

And you're welcome.

The main problem is that publishers wouldn't be willing to publish a pokemon fan fiction. It's just a bit unprofessional for most publishers' tastes. If they did, then fan fics would be lining the walls of our libraries since there are already so darn many. Besides, the Adventure of Adventureness series (I'm fairly sure that's what it would be called) isn't written like professional pieces of literature. I'm not saying that this is all my opinion, but that's probably how publishers would see it.
You do make a good point. And that is indeed what I refer to the series as.

You've hit the nail on the head.

@Missingno. Master: I'm about halfway through with the Adventure of Adventurness so far. Will give a full review when I catch up.

EDIT: Just saw that you've added a fourth "book." I have major catching up to do. XD
I'll await your full review then. It'll take you a while to catch up, though.

Also, I'm surprised nobody caught this, but I revealed Jack's obtaining of Wobbuffet a month and a half ago. I take it none of you spend much time in the Poképolls section of these forums? Have a look.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 4: The Cheeseball Chapter
--------------
As soon as the button was pressed, the plot device vanished in a puff of white smoke. Then, a glowing blue circle materialized on the ceiling of the Miror Bunker, right next to the disco ball. Jack realized the same thing had happened when Misty was brought to Unova by a plot device. Then, an all-too-familiar figure fell through the portal, landing on the floor.

"Ow," groaned Cheeseball as he staggered to his feet. "What the- where- where am I?"

"Long time no see, Cheeseball," Jack said.

"Stop calling me tha- Jack?!" Cheeseball exclaimed as he did a double take upon spotting his old rival. "Where is this?"

"Long story short," the narrator said, "you're in the Internet in a Pokémon fanfic, and we're at war against our author and the Chapter Title Guy, not to mention an army of pop-ups."

"...what?" Cheeseball responded.

"Just read this," Jack sighed, handing Cheeseball his Pokédex, which was already loading up the entire Adventure of Adventureness series.

"Let me know when you get to The Random of Randomness," Miror B. said. "I so need to catch up."
~~~~~~~~

Seven hours, three fits of uncontrollable laughter, and one gallon of vomit later, Cheeseball handed the Pokédex back to Jack.

"Dare I ask," Jack hissed through gritted teeth as Misty took a nearby towel and began wiping Cheeseball's barf off of him, "what possessed you to, not only barf, but barf ALL OVER ME?!?!?!"

"Sorry, Jack," Cheeseball said. "It was that bit when Miror B. drank the pop-up blood."

"Not a bad point," acknowledged the narrator. "That was rather disturbing."

"As if I enjoyed it?" huffed Miror B. "It's vile, disgusting stuff and I'd sooner shave off my afro than drink more of it. But it's all too necessary of an evil to ensure we don't get followed."

"Now," Cheeseball said, "If I understood that correctly, you need my Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker?"

"Exactly!" declared Miror B.

"Well," Cheeseball replied, as he took a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "You saved Kanto, Jack. It's only fair that I return the favor. Rhyperior, come on out!" And he threw the ball.

In a flash of light, a large, armored creature with a thick tail appeared. A large, brown boulder sat upon the tip of its tail. However, before anyone could say anything, Rhyperior began to glow as if evolving!

"What the hell?!" Jack exclaimed as Rhyperior shrank down slightly. The glowing then faded, revealing a Rhydon to be standing in its place.

"WHAT?!?!?!" bellowed Cheeseball in all caps. "What the... How the... WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!"

"Whypewiow devowved!" answered the narrator's Pokédex.

"Maybe it still knows Rock Wrecker?" Jack suggested hopefully.

"Sorry," said Jack's Pokédex. "It forgot the move when it-"

"YOU!" bellowed Cheeseball's Pokédex suddenly and unexpectedly. "You no-good, woman-stealing, piece of-"

"Watch the language!" Jack's Pokédex interrupted. "My kid is listening!"

"Your WHAT?!?!" exclaimed Cheeseball's Pokédex. "You mean to say you and my woman went and had a baby together?!"

"That tends to happen with married couples, yes," Jack's Pokédex answered, a hint of impatience in its voice. "Now why don't you do us all a favor and go-"

"Language, dear!" interrupted Roy's Pokédex.

"Of course, honey."

"This is too weird," Cheeseball muttered, as he recalled Rhydon, walked over to one of the armchairs, and sat down in it. Then, after a moment, he sniffed the air, a most disgusted look on his face.

"Uh, heh heh," Jack chuckled. "I might have been sitting in that one earlier."

"I knew it!" exclaimed Miror B. "That WAS you, Jack! And here I was blaming Yucky here for that oh-so foul odor!"

"Don't CALL me that!" roared the narrator.

"Stop it!" Misty shouted. "Let's focus on the real issue here, OK? And it isn't Jack farting that's the issue here! The issue is Cheeseball's Rhydon."

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" Cheeseball screamed in all caps.

"Cheeseball!" Misty replied in a defiant manner.

"Misty!" exclaimed Cheeseball as Jack farted again.

"Jack!" exclaimed Miror B.

"Yucky!" Jack scolded in an accusatory manner.

"Miror B.!" the narrator whined, as if asking for help.

"Mudkipz!" exclaimed the narrator's Pokédex. This got everybody chuckling.

"Heh," chuckled Jack. "That was funny. We were all yelling everybody else's names, and then he just went 'Mudkipz', and..." And he trailed off, still chuckling stupidly. He then wheeled around and punched the narrator in the gut.

"Now, I say, that's enough!" Miror B. declared. "This sort of fighting is so definitely not what we need. We are all we got, and if we turn on each other like this, Missingno. Master will find us easy prey!"

"Yeah," muttered the narrator. "He's right, sir."

"I guess," Jack admitted. "So what do we do now?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Cheeseball replied. "We get Rhydon to evolve back into Rhyperior, that's what we do!"

"OK, you," Jack said to his Pokédex. "How does Rhydon evolve?"

"Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior when traded to another trainer while holding a Protector," answered Jack's Pokédex. "The Protector is a chunk of Rhyperior armor that was broken off in battle. Given the durability of Rhyperior armor, Protectors are extremely rare."

"That's just great," Jack sighed. "Looks like we found the downside of that plot device."

"I'm just glad it didn't involve me this time," the narrator stated. "But then, it might not be such a downside, after all, considering who we have with us."

"Oh, yeeeeaaaaah," Jack murmured, turning to face Miror B.

"Sorry, Jack," sighed Miror B. "It's not all that often I can't just pull it out of my afro, but this is so one of those not-so-groovy times..."

"If memory serves," Jack suggested, "There used to be a shop in Megabyteburg that specialized in evolution items. I don't know if it's there anymore, or even if we should go back there, but it's better than nothing, right?"

"I remember that shop," the narrator replied. "I had a rather nasty brawl with the owner once, and got banned for life from it."

"What did you fight about?" asked Misty.

"Never you mind."

"He made fun of your name?" Jack asked.

"Damn it."

"OK," Miror B. said. "So here's my funky-fresh idea. We travel to Megabyteburg, in disguise, and see if that shop is still there. If it's there, we grab ourselves a Protector. Now, who's gonna come and do this?"

"I'll go," Jack volunteered. "I think being cooped up in here for too long is unhealthy."

"If Jack's going, then I'm going," Misty stated firmly.

"I'll go, but only because you'll probably want to have some narration going," the narrator said.

"I'm coming as well," stated Cheeseball. "It's my Rhydon we're evolving here, and I do owe Jack for saving all of Kanto."

"I'll come as well," Miror B. added. "There's still about ten hours until the pop-up blood is out of my system, so I can get us there and back!"

"That's all settled, then," Jack said. "We're all going. Now, there's the matter of disguises. Miror B., any ideas?"
~~~~~~~~
"No, no, no, no, no!" Jack declared. "I will not be seen in this!"

"Oh, do lighten up, sir," grumbled the narrator. "You act as though you've got it worse."

"I'M IN A DRESS!" Jack roared in all caps. "And this wig is itchy!"

"I'd swap anytime," Cheeseball complained. as he looked down at the garish purple suit he was wearing, and his matching top hat fell off. "A Willy Wonka outfit? Why the hell was this even in your afro?"

"Oh, do quit your complaining," Miror B. replied. "I happen to think these outfits are oh-so fashionable, and they make for such groovy disguises."

"Oh, yes," the narrator responded in tones that oozed sarcasm. "Because they're really going to believe my costume."

"Why shouldn't they?" asked Miror B. "I'll admit it's a tad attention-getting to be dressed as someone famous, but why wouldn't anyone believe it?"

"BECAUSE MICHAEL JACKSON DIED ALREADY!" roared the narrator in all caps. "Nobody's going to buy into this!"

"Yeah, yours is the most unbelievable costume. Right," Misty sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Now Misty, what did I say about talking? Practice your line."

Misty sighed. She then moved her hands around as if feeling an invisible wall and hissed "Mime. Mr. Mime."

"Better," nodded Miror B.

"Nobody's going to buy these ridiculous outfits," Jack complained. An oddly muscular girl, Willy Wonka, the late Michael Jackson, a Mr. Mime, and... What the hell are you anyway?"

"I am a Miror B. impostor!" sang Miror B. Jack stared at him in disbelief. Miror B. had done nothing except change into one of his shabbier gold sequined suits, and stretched a red and white balloon over his afro.

"This is going to end so badly," groaned Jack as he took Misty's hand. Misty took the narrator's hand, who took Miror B.'s hand, who took Cheeseball's hand. Then, in the blink of an eye, the group found themselves surrounded by skyscrapers.

They were back in Megabyteburg.
--------------
End of Chapter 4.

*Cheeseball is summoned into the internet.
*Cheeseball's Rhyperior devolves into Rhydon and forgets Rock Wrecker.
*Cheeseball joins the group.
*Jack, the narrator, Misty, Miror B., and Cheeseball don various disguises and return to Megabyteburg to try and obtain a Protector.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
Alright I enjoyed the re-enter of the ever so funky fresh Cheeseball. Quite the hilarious turn of events. I also like the way you made Rhyperior devolve which gave cheeseball more of a reason to stay with the group. I totally forgot about Cheeseballs pokedex. I can't wait for more major fights between pokedexs. That would be completely and utterly EPIC OF EPICNESS! So yeah good job and keep up the good work.

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
Missingno.Master, have you been making SpongeBob jokes again? I seem to remember a Crabs v Plankton showdown of name repetition that ended in SpongeBob speaking his own name. If so, I have absolutely no problem with this. Overall, I like this chapter, mostly because of the long-awaited arrival of CHEESEBALL! I think that Miror B should be a bit more serious. He has been reasonable in the past in the story, and he shouldve grown harder and more serious from his time fighting you and the CTG. I am hoping for a JACK PAWNCH next chapter, since I doubt the protector will be free.

Last edited:

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
That Michael Jackson joke was one of the funniest things I've seen in your stories. I think you're writing is funny, but it's rare when a joke from a book or story makes me laugh. Good chapter.

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
So you mean to say he's taken what you thought you think and make you think you thought your thoughts you've been thinking are thoughts you think you thought? I think?
idk, I guess he thought like me by doing exactly what I thought up on my post... I think... Or maybe that's just plain old Jack thinking there :p

What exactly is "nnnnnot cool"?
I dunno, creepy bald psychos trying to sell you stuff and follow you everywhere. (yes, that's right, even the restrooms :eek:) and now, they can fly. I think that's what's not cool. (O great now I'm gonna have nightmares of these guys) I dunno, I guess I meant more of somethin like "omg, wt*"

They would be rubber Psyducks.
I can't never get it right, psyiyi...

I could have told you that.
Maybe you could have, but then I'd have to face the consequences of Weedles' poison sting...

The head of the head, more like.
and that's not the first time I've heard that....

"Long story short," the narrator said, "you're in the Internet in a Pokémon fanfic, and we're at war against our author and the Chapter Title Guy, not to mention an army of pop-ups."

"...what?" Cheeseball responded.
it's okay cheeseball, don't panic. Just think of your entire life written inside a completely random fanfic with Spongebob Sqaurepants references.

"Sorry, Jack," Cheeseball said. "It was that bit when Miror B. drank the pop-up blood."

Is it me or have I heard this somewhere before?

"What the *bleep*?!" Jack exclaimed as Rhyperior shrank down slightly. The glowing then faded, revealing a Rhydon to be standing in its place.
I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the negative effect...

"Uh, heh heh," Jack chuckled. "I might have been sitting in that one earlier."
That's the first time Jack farted in the entire series... (I think..)

"Garch0mp0utrage!" exclaimed Garch0mp0utrage.

He quickly quieted down, however, as the entire group stared at him blankly for making such a cruddy joke.

(I would be a good narrator for your story wouldn't I?)

And he trailed off, still chuckling stupidly. He then wheeled around and punched the narrator in the gut.
._.

You know, now I'd much rather be a simple character in your story.

"Protectors are extremely rare."
not if you have an Akshun Reeplae...

hehe, reminds of when Ash tried to get into Celadon gym...

AGAIN I see no mistakes. Wonderful job on the chapter and I can't wait for the next one. Btw, looking back on the earlier posts, someone mentioned Jack meeting the readers, or in other words, coming to Serebii forums. Now THAT would be a good idea. Since they're already in the Internet right now it shouldn't be too hard for them to get there (or here..). Well, that's all I have for now. Great chapter!

Last edited:

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
I just had an idea for the story (partly inspired by the post above)
You should put your readers into your story if there's another massive, multi-trainer fight scene, letting them use the Pokemon they've claimed (or if they haven't made claims, then let them use the Pokemon of their choice).

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
AGAIN I see no mistakes. Wonderful job on the chapter and I can't wait for the next one. Btw, looking back on the earlier posts, someone mentioned Jack meeting the readers, or in other words, coming to Serebii forums. Now THAT would be a good idea. Since they're already in the Internet right now it shouldn't be too hard for them to get there (or here..). Well, that's all I have for now. Great chapter!

I think that was me.

ninetails012

teh wild card
wow this is the funniest chapter of the epic of epicness yet :D
Seven hours, three fits of uncontrollable laughter, and one gallon of vomit later, Cheeseball handed the Pokédex back to Jack.
that about sums up the series!

im suprised you didnt fit a mr. psycic refrence in here
"No, no, no, no, no!" Jack declared. "I will not be seen in this!"

"Oh, do lighten up, sir," grumbled the narrator. "You act as though you've got it worse."

"I'd swap anytime," Cheeseball complained. as he looked down at the garish purple suit he was wearing, and his matching top hat fell off. "A Willy Wonka outfit? Why the hell was this even in your afro?"

"Oh, do quit your complaining," Miror B. replied. "I happen to think these outfits are oh-so fashionable, and they make for such groovy disguises."

"Oh, yes," the narrator responded in tones that oozed sarcasm. "Because they're really going to believe my costume."

"Why shouldn't they?" asked Miror B. "I'll admit it's a tad attention-getting to be dressed as someone famous, but why wouldn't anyone believe it?"

"BECAUSE MICHAEL JACKSON DIED ALREADY!" roared the narrator in all caps. "Nobody's going to buy into this!"

"Yeah, yours is the most unbelievable costume. Right," Misty sighed, rolling her eyes.

Misty sighed. She then moved her hands around as if feeling an invisible wall and hissed "Mime. Mr. Mime."

"Nobody's going to buy these ridiculous outfits," Jack complained. An oddly muscular girl, Willy Wonka, the late Michael Jackson, a Mr. Mime, and... What the hell are you anyway?"

"I am a Miror B. impostor!" sang Miror B. Jack stared at him in disbelief. Miror B. had done nothing except change into one of his shabbier gold sequined suits, and stretched a red and white balloon over his afro.

"This is going to end so badly," groaned Jack as he took Misty's hand. Misty took the narrator's hand, who took Miror B.'s hand, who took Cheeseball's hand. Then, in the blink of an eye, the group found themselves surrounded by skyscrapers.
this is the funniest thing you've ever written :D
cant wait for the next chapter!
BTW this,
I just had an idea for the story (partly inspired by the post above)
You should put your readers into your story if there's another massive, multi-trainer fight scene, letting them use the Pokemon they've claimed (or if they haven't made claims, then let them use the Pokemon of their choice).
would be an awsome idea l3

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Inspired. Utterly inspired. Miror B. going to claim he's Mirakle B.?

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
I just started reading this series (Only the first 2 chapters, I know), and I already LOVE IT! The beginning is great and starts off the story very well (Or not that well, depending on how you see it), the plot is hilarious, and I enjoyed how the Narrator and yourself are actual characters! Can't wait to read the rest! (I also have A LOT of catching up to do)

GroundBlaze

Starter Keeper
An oddly muscular girl, Willy Wonka, the late Michael Jackson, a Mr. Mime, and... What the hell are you anyway?"

They were back in Megabyteburg.

Weirdest combination ever...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpAZqRgfmU&feature=related

^just replace "show" with "fanfic"

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Sorry I never got around to replying to most of your comments. Never found the time. I hope this new chapter will make up for it, however.

Chapter 5: Disguise Da Limit
--------------
"I tell you, Miror B.," Jack hissed as the group walked down the streets of Megabyteburg (attracting many odd looks in the process). "These disguises are too conspicuous!"

"What did I tell you, Jill?" Miror B. whispered back.

"Don't call me that!"

"Do you want these disguises to work or not?"

"All the plot devices on the internet couldn't make these disguises work!"

"Jill..."

"Ugh... FINE! But once this is all said and done, you will owe me big time for this, Mirakle B."

"Better."

"Can we get moving?" the narrator urged. "I'd prefer to get this over with as soon as possible and get out of this ridiculous getup."

Obligingly, "Mirakle B." and "Jill" picked up the pace, with the narrator (who flat-out refused to refer to himself as the dead guy he was impersonating), "Willy Wonka", and "Mr. Mime" following close behind.

"Weirdest. Chapter. Ever," complained "Jill". "And stop CALLING me that!"

"Do shut up sir- I mean, ma'am," replied the narrator, earning himself a punch in the gut. "Oof! And I beg to differ. There have been far weirder chapters than this one."

"Name seven," snapped "Jill".

"Well, there's- oh, we're here!" the narrator exclaimed suddenly. Looking back in front of him, "Jill" could see that they were indeed at their destination. However, the narrator could have sworn that the building was a bit more dilapidated than it used to be.

"A bit more dilapidated?" "Jill" exclaimed. "It's a dump!"

Sure enough, the shabby concrete that made up the small structure was cracked and crumbling in numerous places. A piece of sheet metal was crudely attached to the wall directly above the front door with duct tape. On the sheet metal was scrawled in permanent marker, "Megabiteburg Evolution Emporeum".

"Last I saw this place," murmured the narrator, "the sign was larger, more securely attached to the building, and overall more professional."

"At least they spelled the town's name correctly this time," stated "Jill". The narrator facepalmed as "Mirakle B." led them into the store, but not before "Jill-" uh, I mean, Jack, punched the narrator in the stomach.

The inside of the store was hardly any better than the outside. The linoleum flooring was covered in such filth that Jack's Weezing would have been right at home. The concrete walls were cracked and filthy. Several large, shoddily built wooden shelves sat in sloppy rows. The shelf nearest to the group was loaded with strange yellow cubes- Electirizers. Behind a counter directly across from the door stood a middle aged, balding man, though his baldness wasn't nearly as advanced as that of a pop-up.

"What are you lookin' at, buttheads?" he grunted. Up close, Jack could make out a nametag pinned to the man's shirt, which read "Biff".

"Hello!" exclaimed Miror B "I am the fabulous Mirakle B, heir to the even more fabulous Miror B., and-"

"No Pokémon out of their Poké Balls on store property," interrupted Biff, pointing at Misty. "Which one of you buttheads owns that Mr. Mime?"

"It's mine," Jack said in the girliest voice he could muster (which in the narrator's opinion, was not all that feminine).

"Get it back in its ball, then," Biff stated.

"Mime Mime Mime!" exclaimed Misty, shaking her head.

"My Mr. Mime hates Poké Balls," explained Jack. "I assure you, it's very well trained."

"I don't give a Raticate's rear end if you're Ash friggin' Ketchum with the world's strongest Pikachu," growled Biff. "It's store policy."

"Screw your store policy," Jack snapped. "I am not about to force my dear Pokémon into a ball it doesn't want to be in just because you don't trust it!"

"Mime Mime Mr. Mime!" added Misty."

For a few moments, there was an extremely tense silence. Sensing potential danger, the narrator slowly reached for Archeops's Poké Ball.

"Were it not for the fact that I haven't had any business in months," hissed Biff, clearly on the verge of exploding, "I would tell all of you to make like a tree and get out of here. Just tell me what the hell you buttheads want!"

"I so want to purchase a Protector," answered Miror B. "A friend of mine has a Rhydon and wants to evolve it, you see."

"Protectors, eh?" grunted Biff. "Lemme see. We don't get much demand for those things." He stomped off towards the shelves at the back of the store. A few minutes later, he returned, with an odd orange-red object in his hand. He tossed it down onto the counter, where it landed with a heavy THUD.

"That's the one!" exclaimed Miror B. "How much?"

"$2,000," replied Biff. "Plus tax."

"Tha- wha- two THOUSAND dollars?!?!" Miror B. exclaimed. "I so don't have that kind of money!"

"Then you ain't getting this kind of Protector," chuckled Biff.

"Now, surely there must be something we can work out," the narrator pleaded.

"Butt out, you Michael Jackson impersonating butthead. The man is dead, in case you didn't get the memo," snapped Biff. "Take that ridiculous getup off," he added, as he reached over and, before anyone could react, ripped the mask right off the narrator's head.

"I don't suppose I could get that back?" asked the narrator meekly. Biff's eyes bulged.

"YOU!" he roared in all caps. "I banned you from this store for life and I meant for life! Get the hell out of my store, butthead!" And with that, Biff leapt over the counter, rolled up his sleeves, and made a fist.

"Now, really," the narrator said nervously as he backed slowly away from the irate entrepreneur, "Can't we settle this like mature, grown men?"

"I'd prefer to settle this like wild Primeape!" Biff roared.

"Mr. Mime, use DoubleSlap!" Jack called.

"MIIIIIIIIIIME!" bellowed Misty in all caps as she slapped Biff in the face. This threw him off balance, and he stumbled backwards, tripped over the counter, and landed on the floor, shaking the entire store. This also shook a shelf on the wall behind the counter, causing a burlap sack labeled "FireFox Farm Tauros Manure" to tip over and rip open, allowing it to spill its smelly contents out onto Biff's face.

"MANURE!" roared Biff as he leapt to his feet and made a futile attempt to wipe the offending substance off his face. "I HATE MANURE!"

Jack and Misty exchanged a high-five, then burst into uncontrollable laughter. As Biff stormed off into a back room of the store, Miror B. dashed towards the counter, swiped the Protector, then turned around and ran out. Two seconds later, after what had just happened registered in everyone else's minds, they followed.

"Are you insane?!" Jack hissed as they stopped across the street. "Stealing the Protector?!"

"I don't have the dough to pay for it!" Miror B. replied. "And we so need it. There are much bigger concerns at the moment, Jack!"

Jack opened his mouth to reply, when an anguished scream was heard from the store.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! I'VE BEEN ROBBED! THIEVES! SECURITY!!!!"

At that point, the ground began to shake. Then, from behind the store rose a gigantic mechanical monstrosity that Jack had so dearly hoped to never see again.

"DESTROY BADLY DRESSED THIEVES!" bellowed the giant fighting robot.

"Not good," muttered the narrator.

The giant fighting robot held up its right fist, and a hole opened up in it. Four Poké Balls fell out of the fist. As they hit the ground, the balls opened up, and in four flashes of light, revealed a Metagross, a Steelix, a Magnezone, and a Golurk. The Golurk, however, was a milky shade of white, and as it came out of its Poké Ball, blue stars swirled around it.

"A Shiny Golurk?" Jack's Pokédex said in awe and fear.

"STEELIX! YOU IS CRUSH THEM! USE HEAVY SLAM!" roared the giant fighting robot.

Steelix roared loudly and fell down. The group made a run for it, escaping being crushed by Steelix just barely.

"We'll have to battle!" exclaimed Miror B. He punched a hole in the balloon covering his afro, then brought his hand back out, now holding a small radio-like device, and a Quick Ball. He pressed a button on the odd device, and an even odder tune began to play. It sounded like his usual battle music, but on crack. He then through the Quick Ball. "Bouffalant, let's boogie!" he shouted.

In a flash of light, Miror B.'s Bouffalant appeared, though immediately looked confused at the jarringly different battle music.

Jack threw a Poké Ball of his own. "Go! Emboar!" he shouted.

"DESTROY JACK, THE NARRATOR, MISTY, CHEESEBALL, AND... UH... MIRAKLE B.?" the giant fighting robot "murmured" in its booming voice.

"What?!" exclaimed Jack as Emboar appeared in a flash of light. "What makes you think we're them?"

"YOU DISGUISES IS FALL OFF!" chortled the robot.

Jack looked at Steelix. Indeed, pinned to the ground by Steelix's bulk was the shredded remnants of a dress, a Mr. Mime outfit, a garish purple tuxedo, and a Michael Jackson costume.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked the narrator.

"WAIT A MINUTES..." the robot said suddenly. "YOU IS MIROR B., ISN'T YOU!"

"I... I... Oh, all right!" Miror B. sang, ripping the balloon off of his afro. "I confess! I am indeed the marvelous and fabulous Miror B.!" He then pressed a button on the device he pulled out of his afro, and the music immediately switched to his usual battle music. Bouffalant grunted its approval of this, and immediately launched into a Wild Charge attack, slamming into Metagross with great force.

"Emboar, Flame Charge!" Jack called.

Emboar grunted as it raced forward, flames engulfing its entire body. It slammed into Steelix, causing it to roar in pain. Metagross, meanwhile, struggled to stay on its feet. Golurk and Magnezone, however, sprang into action. Magnezone unleashed a sizzling Thunderbolt at Bouffalant, who slumped to the ground, unconscious. Golurk fired off a Focus Blast attack at Emboar. While this didn't knock it out, Emboar had a hard time getting back up.

"Bouffalant, get back!" exclaimed Miror B., holding out the Quick Ball in one hand and throwing a regular Poké Ball with the other. "Lombre, go!"

In a flash of light, Miror B.'s Lombre appeared, and immediately began dancing to the music.

"I got Golurk handled, Jack!" exclaimed his Pokédex. It wriggled out of Jack's grip and transformed into a giant fighting robot, equaling the original giant fighting robot in height. Jack's Pokédex then made a fist, and a hole opened up in said fist. A Poké Ball fell out of the fist and opened in midair, unleashing the Pokédex's Golurk. It glared at its Shiny counterpart, and then the two Automaton Pokémon began to wrestle with each other.

"Now, Emboar!" Jack called. "Hit Steelix with Scald attack!"

"Booaaaar!" roared Emboar as it unleashed a stream of steaming water from its mouth. Steelix roared in protest as the boiling liquid hit its body, but no use. As Emboar stopped the attack, Steelix fainted.

"Lombre, Hydro Pump!" sang Miror B., dancing to his own battle music.

"Lomb Lombre!" replied Lombre as it unleashed a powerful torrent of water from its open mouth. The stream struck Magnezone, causing it to groan as it tried to fend it off. This, however, proved pointless, as Magnezone was blasted backwards into Metagross, knocking both of them out.

At that moment, Jack's Pokédex's Golurk slammed its Shiny counterpart to the ground.

"GAAAAAAAAAAH!" roared the giant fighting robot as its right arm extended to scoop up the Poké Balls and withdraw all of its Pokémon. "FORGET POKéMON! ME IS CRUSH YOU MYSELF!"

"Not in this lifetime!" exclaimed Jack's Pokédex as it launched a red beam of energy from its eyes. The giant fighting robot's legs were suddenly welded together by the heat vision. Grunting in all caps, the robot struggled to move, then fell backwards, crushing the entire Megabyteburg Evolution Emporium. As Jack could see, Biff only barely made it out. He ran off, screaming loudly.

The music stopped.

"Wow," Jack murmured as the giant fighting robot slowly crawled away. "That was really unexpected. Emboar, return!"

As Jack withdrew Emboar, Miror B. and Jack's Pokédex did the same with Lombre and Golurk, respectively.

"Well, so much for being inconspicuous," sighed the narrator. "That robot's bound to report to Missingno. Master. What do we do now?"

"We stop the robot," stated Jack's Pokédex, but it was too late. The robot was already flying high in the sky, the rockets in its feet evidently still functional.

"SO LONG SUCKERS! HA HA!" roared the robot in all caps as it flew away at great speeds.

"OK, change of plans," Jack's Pokédex said feebly. "What say we return to the Miror Bunker and figure out what our next move is?"

"Excellent plan," Miror B. stated as the Pokédex resumed its usual form and landed in Jack's hand. Everyone in the group then held hands, and a second later, they were back in the Miror Bunker.

"That never gets old," chuckled Jack.

"Enjoy it while you can," replied Miror B. "That stuff wears off soon, and I don't plan on drinking any more."

"Thank Arceus," replied the narrator. "You do know that's disgusting, don't you?"

"Oh, yes, yes, yes, I so do," Miror B. stated.

"Enough of the small talk," Cheeseball said. "Give me that Protector and let's evolve Rhydon."

"Let's do," agreed Miror B., pulling the Protector out of his afro. At the same time, Cheeseball detached a Poké Ball from his belt, enlarged it, and threw it into the air. The ball opened up, and in a flash of light, Rhydon appeared. At the sight of the Protector in Miror B.'s hand, it gave a happy grunt and swiped it.

"So far, so good," Jack remarked as Cheeseball withdrew Rhydon.

"Now I need to trade Rhydon with someone," said Cheeseball. "Last time it was Viridian Coffey, that old guy who flew to Indigo Plateau during the Team Rocket ordeal. I traded it for one of his Beedrill, and traded back."

"I'll do it," volunteered Misty, holding up a Poké Ball. "But what are we gonna use to make the trade?"

"Behold!" exclaimed Miror B., as he pulled a full-sized trade machine out of his afro and set it down in a corner. Cheeseball did a double-take.

"That... What?!"

"Hey, Cheeseball," Jack said, "Believe me. After what I've seen coming out of that afro, nothing surprises me anymore."

"But name... not... Cheeseball..." murmured Cheeseball as Miror B. plugged the trade machine into a generator he pulled out of his afro.

"Come on," Misty said as she placed her Poké Ball into an indentation on the right side of the machine. Seemingly still mesmerized by the fact that he was about to use a trade machine that just came out of someone's hair, Cheeseball walked over and placed Rhydon's Poké Ball on the other indentation. Miror B. flipped a switch, and the machine roared to life. Simultaneously, the metal tubes sucked up the two Poké Balls. The screen showed the silhouettes of Rhydon and Staryu moving across the machine. The balls then fell back out of the machine. Misty and Cheeseball grabbed the Poké Balls.

"Works a hell of a lot better than the old one in Lavender Town," Jack remarked.

Misty threw her Poké Ball into the air. "Misty calls Rhydon!" she shouted.

In a flash of light, Misty's new Rhydon appeared. wearing the Protector on its head like some silly hat. Immediately, Rhydon began to glow! Everybody in the room grinned widely as Rhydon changed shape and size. Finally, the glow faded, revealing Rhydon to have become a Rhyperior once more.

"Whypewiow, the Dwill Pokeemon, and the evowved fowm of Whydon," cooed the narrator's Pokédex. "Whypewiow can waunch a wock hewd in its hand wike a missile by ti.. tighten... doing things wiff its muscles. It sometimes waunches Geodudes."

"OK, Rhyperior, use Rock Wrecker!" exclaimed Misty.

"...Rhy?" grunted Rhyperior, scratching its head.

"Ugh," sighed Cheeseball. "It needs to re-learn Rock Wrecker?!"

"Well, why don't you two trade back, first," Miror B. suggested. "Then we can try and work on that Rock Wrecker?"

"Fine," shrugged Cheeseball as Misty withdrew Rhyperior. Before they could do anything else, however, a scratching sound was heard at the door.

"What the hell?" Jack muttered. Miror B. dashed over to a computer screen that was showing a radar readout.

"According to this, that oh-so diabolical Chapter Title Guy, those not-so-groovy pop-ups, that nasty robot, and that despicable Missingno. Master, they're nowhere near here," Miror B. shrugged. "Why not see what's there?"

Jack strode over to the steel door and pushed it open. Immediately, a large, orange Pokémon scuttled inside. Jack recognized the Pokémon instantly, as Roy owned a Shiny one.

"A Parasect?" inquired Miror B.

"That's not just a Parasect!" exclaimed the narrator. "That's the Chapter Title Guy's Parasect!"

"The one whose mushroom tried to kill me?!" Jack exclaimed.

"Sect! Parasect!" Parasect hissed frantically. At this, a flash of light burst forth from the narrator's belt, and Chatot appeared.

"Awwk!" exclaimed Chatot. "Everybody hold it! Parasect has something to say!"
--------------
End of Chapter 5.

*Miror B. steals a Protector from a store in Megabyteburg.
*The giant fighting robot reappears and battles the group.
*The giant fighting robot is revealed to have obtained a Shiny Golurk.
*Jack's Emboar is revealed to know Scald.
*Cheeseball gives the Protector to Rhydon.
*Cheeseball trades Rhydon for Misty's Staryu.
*Misty's Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior.
*The Chapter Title Guy's Parasect arrives at the Miror Bunker.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
"MIIIIIIIIIIME!" bellowed Misty in all caps as she slapped Biff in the face. This threw him off balance, and he stumbled backwards, tripped over the counter, and landed on the floor, shaking the entire store. This also shook a shelf on the wall behind the counter, causing a burlap sack labeled "FireFox Farm Tauros Manure" to tip over and rip open, allowing it to spill its smelly contents out onto Biff's face.

"MANURE!" roared Biff as he leapt to his feet and made a futile attempt to wipe the offending substance off his face. "I HATE MANURE!"

Reminds me of that time in the Nacrene city gym... except not quite as hilarious.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Amazing chapter! Your writing makes me think that this should be like a TV episode or something. One thing that I found weird though was that Cheeseball did not say anything or was not even mentioned until the end of the robot battle.
"Works a hell of a lot better than the old one in Lavender Town," Jack remarked.
You mean like the one that the 'Total United Reliable Delivery' service in Kanto took away? They were the number two delivery service in Kanto.

I think an idea for a fifth book (if you do one) would be Jack coming to serebii.net and challenging the Official Serebii League. What do you think?

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
No, Jacks next adventure should be playing Yugioh. Hahaha. Seriously though, that was funny. I can only imagine the awkward stares they got. Ash Ketchum reference, whoo! I wonder what Parasect has to say.

ninetails012

teh wild card
funny chapter! return of the bad grammer robot! cant wait to see what happens next chapter!
i wonder if the bad grammer robot ALWAYS worked for the shopkeeper?

FieryLucario

Just a Person
What would Parascet have to say to them? Also I loved the disguises!

GroundBlaze

Starter Keeper
Its about time Misty actually did something other than yell (it was getting on my nevers abit but now my annoyance has subsided)

Hooray for peresect (in my opinion one of your funnier pokemon)

plus since there was no trade back, will misty just teach ryperior surf and keep it?

still great chapter, good premise, and great humor