• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

mr.incognito

i absolutely love this fic.wait, its so good its not a fic its a....... i dont even know, but its awesome (of awesomeness)

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Also, I don't know if you noticed this, but I kind of like giving other people Pokémon with moves that while they can learn them, you wouldn't think that they could at first.

Yeah, I've noticed this. It's cool because some of the moves the Pokemon use just don't make sense.

Nice job with the TR battle. It was a good length despite TR's patheticness and had a good amount of humor in it.

I've noticed that in the anime (or at least in the dubbed version) JJ+M have a habit of making their sentences rhyme half the time. Perhaps that's something you could include in here, assuming TR returns.

And one thing that I'm confused about, didn't Jack's Primeape forget Fury Swipes so it could learn Close Combat? And do you use the four-move limit in this fic or do the Pokemon all know more than four moves?

Chapter 6: The Sixth Chapter.

Jack stared at his Pokédex. "Seriously?" he asked. "'The Sixth Chapter'? What the hell kind of chapter title is that?!"

The PokeDex is both the narrator and the Chapter Title Guy!! Who will it replace next!?

"LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAAAAIIIIN....!" called Jessie, James, and Meowth.

"WOBBUFFET!" added Wobbuffet.

"You mean besides the birth of a horribly overdone running gag?"

You're absolutely right Jack.

"Excuse me," called Jack, "But what is with your stupid arguments?"

Jack actually said "Excuse me"?! He nearly died the last time he said "Please"! Does using manners not kill him anymore?!

Instantly, Zubat fired off a round of soundwaves from its mouth. The two karate freaks' protests turned to "duuuuh..."s, as they began spinning around as if drunk."

XD

"What?" asked Jack. "So I can't know a little bit about the gyms of Kanto? So I can't do a little research beforehand? So I can't know the type of the gym before I battle in it?"

No, nobody is supposed to know anything about the gymleaders beforehand.

"You only know this stuff because you think Misty is hot, don't you?"

"Hell, yeah."

And to think Jack is supposed to be ten years old.

Looking forward to Misty vs Jack. I guess she is going to have a team for experienced trainers too.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Hello! I just wanted say that I saw this fan fic a couple days ago and cant stop reading it! It's amazing! Please add me to the PM. Also, I was wondering how often you post the new chapters, please don't go on a 10 month hiatus again.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Hello! I just wanted say that I saw this fan fic a couple days ago and cant stop reading it! It's amazing! Please add me to the PM. Also, I was wondering how often you post the new chapters, please don't go on a 10 month hiatus again.

Believe me, there's not gonna be a repeat of that ten month hiatus. I've just been preoccupied with all the Generation V information that's been coming out. I just might be able to have the next chapter up tomorrow morning.

And yes, you're on the PM list.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
thanks! I really appreciate it, I wish it could be a book cuz its awesome!

Skydra

Please add to the PM list, for the fact that this is the funniest fiction continuing on Serebii at the moment.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
thanks! I really appreciate it, I wish it could be a book cuz its awesome!
Heh, thanks. Although what with the links to YouTube videos, something tells me that this wouldn't work quite as well as a book.

Please add to the PM list, for the fact that this is the funniest fiction continuing on Serebii at the moment.

You're added, and thanks!

I would have had Chapter 7 up already, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to finish it when I would have liked to. However, you'll be pleased to know that I'm working on it as I type this and just might be able to edit it into this very post!

But for now, I'll just give you a little information to tide you over.

*Chapter 7 does include Jack's gym battle.

*Misty does use a different team to what we see in the games.

*Her first Pokemon knows Dive, Ice Beam, Headbutt, and DoubleSlap. See if you can guess it before I post the chapter.

*And no, Rayquaza does not see use in this battle.

EDIT: Here it is!

Chapter 7: The Cascadebadge Clash

Jack stood before the massive building before him. It was easily as large as the Pewter Gym had been, if not larger. And it probably would have intimidated Jack a little more had it not sported an overlarge portrait of a goofy-looking Water Pokémon.

"Dewgong, the Sea Lion Pokémon, and the evolved form of Seel," said the Pokédex. "Dewgong stores thermal energy in its body and can easily withstand extreme cold. It becomes more active when the temperature drops."

"Eh, shut it," snapped Jack. "I'm nervous enough as it is."

"Because you're afraid of looking like an idiot in front of a hot Gym Leader?"

"No, because..." Jack paused and thought about it for a few seconds. "Actually, that about nails it," he muttered.

"Relax," said the Pokédex. "You already know that Misty specializes in the Water-type, and that it's weak to Grass and Electric attacks. You have all that covered. And you know she uses a Staryu and a Starmie. And you know that Starmie is part Psychic, and you've already adjusted your team to handle it."

"But Brock used insanely overpowered Pokémon instead of Geodude and Onix," replied Jack. "I'm prepared to bet that Misty does the same thing."

"Ooh, yeah, didn't think of that," muttered the Pokédex.

"NOT HELPING!" roared Jack.

After another minute of trying to overcome his nervousness, Jack took a deep breath, and pushed open the double doors.

Or at least he tried to.

"Uungh!" grunted Jack. "These doors are stuck!"

"Um, Jack?"

"Quiet, you. Unless you can suddenly sprout arms and legs and help me push, anyway."

"But-"

"I SAID SHUT IT!"

"Read the sign on the doors!" blurted the Pokédex before Jack could cut him off. This made Jack stop pushing on the doors. He looked at the large signs on the doors, each of which sported a single, four-letter word in bold, red, capitalized lettering.

"PULL"

"Real slick," chuckled the Pokédex.

"One more word out of you," snarled Jack, "And I'll hire someone to reprogam you into a garage door opener!" Then, as casually as possible, Jack pulled on the door handles. The doors swung open almost insultingly easily.

Jack stepped into the gym, and marveled at the massive room before him. It sported a massive swimming pool, with two floating platforms, one at each end. At the other end of the pool stood a redheaded teenage girl, clad in a blue bikini.

"Hi!" she said to Jack. "I'm Misty, the Gym Leader! You must be here to challenge Cerulean Gym!"

For a moment, Jack didn't think he'd be able to coherently answer while staring at Misty. Then, he shook his head slightly and replied, "Yes, I am. I'm Jack from Pallet Town and I challenge you to a gym battle!"

"Very well," smiled Misty. "We'll each use three Pokémon."

"Uh-oh," Jack thought to himself. "She's got a team for experienced traienrs too!"

"Fine by me," he replied.

"Very well then," said Misty, as she flipped a switch on the wall behind her. Quite suddenly, a set of speakers built into the gym's walls began playing epic music.

Misty then grabbed a Poké Ball off of a shelf next to the switch and threw it towards the water. "Misty calls Floatzel!" she cried out.

In a flash of light, an orange Pokémon with what appeared to be an inflatable raft on its back materialized, landing on the floating platform.

As Jack grabbed a Poké Ball off his belt, the Pokédex piped up.

"Floatzel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon-"

"SHUT UP!" roared Jack, as he threw the Poké Ball. "Go! Sunkern!"

In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Jack's shiny Sunkern materialized.

"Sunkern, go! Bullet Seed now!" called Jack.

"Floatzel, Dive underwater!" called Misty.

As Sunkern let loose a barrage of glowing seeds from its mouth, Floatzel leapt up and dove into the pool. The seeds missed completely. Sunkern began looking around, somewhat confused.

Jack shared this sentiment. He didn't know what to do. Then, suddenly, an idea came to him.

"Sunkern, use your Sludge Bomb attack!" he ordered. Instantly, Sunkern's confused look faded. It chirped happily, its leaves glowing purple, and launched a filthy, brown glob of sludge into the pool. The sludge began spreading throughout the water, turning it brown. Misty immediately looked scandalized. To Jack's delight, Floatzel almost instantly leapt back out, coughing.

"Now, Sunkern! Razor Leaf attack!"

"You'll pay for contaminating the pool!" growled Misty. "Floatzel, dodge it!"

Floatzel leapt into the air, and began spinning its twin tails, which Jack hadn't noticed before. Then, its tails began to look like helicopter blades, and also seemed to function like them, for they seemed to be keeping Floatzel airborne.

"Floatzel, Headbutt!" called Misty.

"Flooooo!" growled the Sea Weasel Pokémon, as it began diving down towards Sunkern.

"Sunkern, Bullet Seed!" called Jack.

Sunkern opened its mouth, but too late. Floatzel smashed into Sunkern, headfirst, and sent it skidding across the platform, almost to the end.

"Now use DoubleSlap!" called Misty. Floatzel immediately lunged towards Sunkern, and started slapping it around continuously.

"Quick, Sunkern! Energy Ball!" called Jack. He figured that Energy Ball would work normally, now that they were no longer in the internet. He was, therefore, very surprised to see the Energy Ball spiral towards his Pokédex. Before Jack could react, the Energy Ball had been absorbed by the Pokédex.

"Energy Ball uploaded to the internet," said the Pokédex.

"That figures," muttered Jack. "Sunkern, now use-"

But at that moment, Floatzel slapped Sunkern a final time, sending it flying straight into Jack's stomach, and knocking it out.

"This ain't good," muttered Jack, returning Sunkern to its Poké Ball. After a second or two of thinking, Jack pulled out another Poké Ball and threw it. "Go, Weezing!"

In a flash of light, Jack's Weezing appeared.

"Weezing," groaned its twin heads simultaneously.

"Floatzel, use your Ice Beam!" called Misty. Floatzel, who had jumped back to its own platform (or had it flown? Jack wasn't paying attention), opened its mouth, in which formed a glowing blue orb. A bolt of bright blue eneregy then fired from it, heading straight for Weezing.

"Weezing, Flamethrower!" called Jack.

"Weezing Weez," groaned Weezing, as it fired off twin streams of fire from its mouths. The streams of flame spiraled around each other, effectively creating a larger stream. The flames easily overpowered the Ice Beam, and once they reached Floatzel, knocked it back. However, due to Floatzel's natural advantage over Fire moves, it got back up easily.

"Now use your Thunderbolt!" called Jack.

"Weeee.... ZING!" called Weezing, both heads calling out simultaneously, as the Poison Gas Pokémon crackled with electricity, then launched a sizzling lightning bolt at Floatzel. Despite the lengthy description used here, neither Misty nor Floatzel had any time at all to react. When Weezing stopped the attack, Floatzel fell over and ceased to move. Misty held out its Poké Ball and recalled the Sea Weasel Pokémon.

"Nice job, Floatzel," she said to the ball, as she placed it on the shelf. Then she took another Poké Ball off the shelf and threw it. "Misty calls Tentacruel!" she called out.

In a flash of light, a large, blue Pokémon materialized in the smelly, brown water. From what Jack could see of it, it had a blue, dome-shaped body with three red orbs on it. The top two were much larger than the one beneath it.

"Tentacruel, the Jellyfish Pokémon, and the evolved form of-"

"Quiet, you!" snapped Jack. "I'm not in the mood. Weezing, Sludge!"

"No!" called the Pokédex, but it was too late. Weezing launched a stream of sludge from the mouth on its larger head. The Sludge attack struck Tentacruel directly, but seemed to have no effect. If anything, Jack could have sworn he had heard Tentacruel let out a contented sigh.

"Tentacruel's part Poison-type!" exclaimed the Pokédex. "Poison moves won't affect it as much. Why do you think it hasn't leapt out of that sludgy water?"

"Fair point," Jack mumbled grudgingly. "Weezing, use Thunder!"

Weezing crackled with electricity and launched a sizzling bolt of lightning straight at Tentacruel. Jack smiled smugly until-

"Tentacruel, Mirror Coat!"

Tentacruel's body suddenly became very shiny and mirrorlike. The Thunder attack almost hit Tentacruel, but was seemingly repeled; it made a sudden u-turn and hit Weezing directly. In an instant, the Poison Gas Pokémon was on the ground, smoking slightly, obviously unconscious.

"Oh, great," groaned Jack as he recalled Weezing. "This puts me at a massive disadvantage."

"Oh well," he continued, grabbing a Poké Ball off his belt. "It's up to you, Lucario! Go!" And he threw the ball. However, instead of Lucario, Zubat came out instead.

"What?! No!" exclaimed Jack. "I grabbed the wrong Poké Ball!"

Misty giggled. "You're cute when you're frustrated," she said.

Almost instantly, Jack began chuckling stupidly. She had called him cute.

"Heh... heh..."

"Tentacruel, use Wrap!" called Misty suddenly. Almost immediately, Tentacruel rose from the water, revealing the lower half of its body to be a black orb with two ominous eyes. From the bottom of the orb there protruded, in addition to around eighty light brown tentacles, a pair of viciously curved poison stingers. Two of the aforementioned tentacles rose from the depths and snaked towards Zubat.

"Zubat, dodge it! Use Supersonic!" called Jack.

Zubat flapped its wings vigorously and flew up and out of Tentacruel's reach. It then opened its mouth and unleashed a volley of soundwaves. Almost instantly, Tentacruel began moving about erratically, its tentacles moving in random directions. Before long, it had tangled itself up, its tentacles were all in knots.

"Finish it off with Leech Life!" Jack commanded. Zubat immediately swooped down on Tentacruel, fangs glowing green, and chomped down on the Jellyfish Pokémon. Within a minute, Tentacruel lost consciousness as Zubat released its hold on it.

Misty held out the Poké Ball and recalled Tentacruel. Though she too was now down to her last Pokémon, Jack noticed that she didn't look worried in the least.

Misty grabbed the final Poké Ball off the shelf and made to throw it. "Misty calls Lanturn!" she called out.

However, before Misty could even begin to throw Lanturn's Poké Ball, a flash of light emanated from a red backpack in a back corner. The flash of light landed on the floating platform and took the form of a hopelessly confused-looking yellow Pokemon with webbed feet and a large duck bill. It had two winglike arms, and was using both of them to clutch at its head.

"Psyduck, the-"

"SHUT UP ALREADY" roared Jack and Misty simultaneously.

"Psyduck!" screamed Misty. "How many times do I have to tell you to only come out of your Poké Ball when I choose you?!"

In response, Psyduck's face took on an even more confused look, a feat Jack until now had thought impossible.

"Zubat, Supersonic!" called Jack. Zubat was about to launch a volley of soundwaves, when-

"NO!" screamed the Pokédex. "Jack, you imbecile, don't you ever watch TV? The last thing you want to do is inflict headache-inducing soundwaves upon a Psyduck, let alone this particular Psyduck!"

"Ooh, good point," muttered Jack. "Zubat, use Leech Life instead!"

"No, use Bite!" said the Pokédex.

"Bite?" responded Jack. "Since when does my Zubat know Bite?"

"It's always known the move," replied the Pokédex. "I have a function to look up the moves of your Pokémon. Use it."

Zubat bared its fangs, and swooped down on Psyduck.

"Not the head, Zubat!" warned Jack. Zubat chirped in acknowledgement and swerved around, biting Psyduck's tail.

"PSY! Psy aye aye aye aye aye aye!" screamed Psyduck, as it ran around the platform, trying to shake Zubat loose. Zubat released its hold on Psyduck, chuckling as Psyduck continued to run around.

"Psyduck, Scratch attack!" called Misty. Immediately, Psyduck stopped running, extended its right arm, and took a swipe at Zubat.

It had no effect whatsoever. Zubat was completely unharmed by the attack, and used Bite again, this time on Psyduck's arm. Psyduck took this opportunity to run around screaming once again, continuing even after Zubat released it. This time, Psyduck tripped and fell into the water. Within a second, however, it resurfaced, quacking frantically and flailing pathetically. Clearly, this Psyduck didn't know how to swim at all. Jack held back a chuckle as Psyduck grabbed onto the platform and hoisted itself back onto it. It then resumed its usual activity of clutching its head and looking confused.

"RRRGH," growled Misty, clearly frustrated beyond the point of Caps Lock overusage. "PSYDUCK, YOU BRAINLESS BIRDBRAIN, DO SOMETHING!"

In response, Psyduck turned around and began wagging its tail uselessly.

As Jack and the Pokédex tried with little success to stifle their uncontrollable laughter, Misty, red in the face, snarled in all caps, "I DIDN'T MEAN TAIL WHIP! PSYDUCK, WATER GUN ATTACK!"

"Psy, psy!" quacked Psyduck. It then opened its beak wide... And with a humorous gurgling noise, emitted a pathetic trickle of water that looked like something you'd get from a drinking fountain.

Finally, after almost a minute, Jack stopped laughing long enough to form coherent words. "Whoo. Zubat... Bite again."

Its master still chuckling weakly, Zubat swooped down once more, this time aiming for Psyduck's chest. At the sight of the menacing Bat Pokémon coming straight at it, Psyduck ducked.

Putting its head straight in Zubat's path.

"Heh.. WHAT?! Zubat, NO!" called Jack, but too late; Zubat chomped down hard on Psyduck's head.

"NO!" screamed Jack.

"YES!" screamed Misty, no longer angry in the slightest. "Psyduck, use your Confusion attack!"

Psyduck slowly stood up. Its eyes were glowing pale blue.

"Not good," muttered the Pokédex.

Immediately, Zubat was telekinetically thrown across the pool, where it crash-landed on its own platform.

"Now use Disable!" called Misty.

"Quick, Zubat, counter with Supersonic!" ordered Jack.

Psyduck fired off a round of pale blue waves of psychic power. Zubat quickly flapped into the air and launched off a round of similar-looking soundwaves. The two types of waves met at the exact center of the battlefield, the two attacks cancelling each other out. At this point, however, Misty took this opportunity to sing "La, la, la, LAAA!" very loudly and off-key. Psyduck groaned and clutched its head harder. Then, the Disable attack began overpowering the Supersonic.

"Zubat, maximum power!" ordered Jack, but it was no use. Zubat struggled to intensify the Supersonic's power, but Psyduck's Disable was forcing the soundwaves back. Then, quite suddenly, Zubat began to glow!

Jack and Misty looked on in astonishment as Zubat grew bigger, its wings got longer, its skewer-like leg things turned into thicker, stubbier legs with actual feet, and its body and head widened. As the glow faded, Zubat was gone; in its place, a Pokémon that looked like Zubat, but had a huge, gaping mouth, with four extremely sharp fangs within.

"Golbat, the Bat Pokémon, and the evolved form of Zubat," said the Pokédex. "Golbat swoops down on its prey and drains as much as ten ounces of blood in a single gulp. It emits sonic waves with more power than Zubat."

"Psyduck, use Disable once more!" ordered Misty.

"Golbat, Supersonic!" commanded Jack.

Once again, the two Pokémon fired off their respective attacks. This time, however, Golbat's Supersonic overpowered Psyduck's Disable with no trouble whatsoever. Misty frantically tried singing louder and screechier, but it was no use; the sheer force of the Supersonic attack knocked Psyduck backwards. For a second, it struggled to get back on its feet; then it stopped moving.

"YES! We won!" exclaimed Jack. Golbat squeaked in happiness, and began flying around its trainer's head.

Sighing, Misty walked over to her backpack, grabbed Psyduck's Poké Ball, and recalled the Duck Pokémon. Then, she walked over to Jack.

"That was a great battle," said Misty, holding out her hand to Jack. "You've definitely earned this.

In her hand was a light blue object in the shape of a teardrop. Jack happily took the Cascadebadge from her hand.

As Jack exited the gym, he leapt into the air.

"YES!" he exclaimed, holding up his newest badge. "I got a Cascadebadge!"

In flashes of light, Sunkern, Weezing, and Golbat emerged from their Poké Balls and cheered alongside their trainer. In another flash of light and a flurry of stars, Jack's shiny Rayquaza emerged from its Poké Ball, and immediately fired off a Hyper Beam, instantly reducing a nearby tree to toothpicks.

Jack hastily recalled his Pokémon. "I gotta stop doing that," he muttered.

"Hey," said a nearby guy. "You just won the Cascadebadge, you said?"

"Yeah," grinned Jack.

"Yeah, so you're more than likely a trainer. Are you using the PC storage system?"

"Yeah, I am," replied Jack. "What's it to you?"

"Well, the guy responsible for the PC storage system, Bill, he lives just north of Cerulean, up at Cerulean Cape. You should go see him, he has a lot of rare Pokémon."

"Eh, might as well," shrugged Jack.

After a brief and utterly nondescript visit to the Pokémon Center, Jack made his way north. There he spotted a long, wooden bridge stretching over a river. He made his way towards the bridge, when suddenly he spotted a familiar figure stomping his way across the bridge, coming right at him.

"Hey, Jack!"

It was Cheeseball. He approached Jack and spoke directly at him.

"You are not getting away with winning our last battle!" he snarled. "Or for getting large quantities of sludge in my hair," he added.

Jack chuckled at the memory.

"So yeah, now we battle! Four Pokémon each!" And he grabbed a Poké Ball and threw it. "Pidgeotto, attack!"

--------------
End Chapter 7.

*Jack battles and defeats Misty and earns the CascadeBadge.
*Jack's Zubat is revealed to know Bite.
*Jack's Zubat evolves into Golbat.
*Cheeseball's Pidgey is revealed to have evolved into Pidgeotto.

Last edited:

mr.incognito

new chapter!!!! i'm sure rayquaza lanching hyper beams after gymbattles could come in handy. "yes!i got the volcano badge!"rayquaza comes out and hyperbeams team rocket/ you/ chaper title guys boat out of the water.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
This chapter just wins.

I would have had Chapter 7 up already, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to finish it when I would have liked to.

Let me guess, loads of schoolwork? I know how you feel, I've had quiz after quiz after quiz for the past two weeks. It made me so happy to come home and read this chapter and eat some smores after taking another quiz and a test today.

A bolt of bright blue eneregy then fired from it, heading straight for Weezing.

You mis-spelled "energy" here.

Now onto the fuuny parts!

"Read the sign on the doors!" blurted the Pokédex before Jack could cut him off. This made Jack stop pushing on the doors. He looked at the large signs on the doors, each of which sported a single, four-letter word in bold, red, capitalized lettering.

"PULL"

XD

"Uh-oh," Jack thought to himself. "She's got a team for experienced traienrs too!"

So are you only considered a non-experienced trainer if you're wearing a baseball cap and have a Pikachu on your shoulder?

Also you mis-spelled "trainers". Typed this in a hurry I presume?

"Quick, Sunkern! Energy Ball!" called Jack. He figured that Energy Ball would work normally, now that they were no longer in the internet. He was, therefore, very surprised to see the Energy Ball spiral towards his Pokédex. Before Jack could react, the Energy Ball had been absorbed by the Pokédex.

"Energy Ball uploaded to the internet," said the Pokédex.

XD

The only thing that would have made this chapter funnier was if at the end, you wrote "Meanwhile in the Internet, the narrator was sitting in prison when an Energy Ball attack suddenly flew in the room and hit him in the head". Or something along those lines.

Despite the lengthy description used here, neither Misty nor Floatzel had any time at all to react.

Misty giggled. "You're cute when you're frustrated," she said.

Almost instantly, Jack began chuckling stupidly. She had called him cute.

"Heh... heh..."

Misty used Attract!

It's Super Effective!

"Psyduck!" screamed Misty. "How many times do I have to tell you to only come out of your Poké Ball when I choose you?!"

Anime references FTW!

"RRRGH," growled Misty, clearly frustrated beyond the point of Caps Lock overusage. "PSYDUCK, YOU BRAINLESS BIRDBRAIN, DO SOMETHING!"

In response, Psyduck turned around and began wagging its tail uselessly.

As Jack and the Pokédex tried with little success to stifle their uncontrollable laughter, Misty, red in the face, snarled in all caps, "I DIDN'T MEAN TAIL WHIP! PSYDUCK, WATER GUN ATTACK!"

Words can not describe how incredibly funny this is.

Next chapter is Cheeseball. WOOO! If the Cheeseball battle is anywhere near as awesome (of awesomeness) as this gym battle, then it's going to be a very exciting and awesome chapter. :D

Last edited:

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
YAY! Please keep making chapters as soon as you can cuz they're awesome and I really want to know what happens next!

YES! Psyduck!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
This chapter just wins.
Thanks!

Let me guess, loads of schoolwork? I know how you feel, I've had quiz after quiz after quiz for the past two weeks. It made me so happy to come home and read this chapter and eat some smores after taking another quiz and a test today.
Not only schoolwork, I also had a lot of chores to do around the house. More than usual, really.

You mis-spelled "energy" here.

Now onto the fuuny parts!
You misspelled "funny". Rather ironic, is it not?

The sad thing is, this sort of thing actually happens.

So are you only considered a non-experienced trainer if you're wearing a baseball cap and have a Pikachu on your shoulder?
The way I see it, Gym Leaders keep in contact with each other. Brock had already contacted most of the other Gym Leaders and warned them to use their "experienced" teams against Jack.

Also you mis-spelled "trainers". Typed this in a hurry I presume?
Yeah, a little bit.

XD

The only thing that would have made this chapter funnier was if at the end, you wrote "Meanwhile in the Internet, the narrator was sitting in prison when an Energy Ball attack suddenly flew in the room and hit him in the head". Or something along those lines.
Aw, man, you're totally right, I should have done that! Eh, I can work something to that effect into the next chapter.

Misty used Attract!

It's Super Effective!
Haha yeah

Next chapter is Cheeseball. WOOO! If the Cheeseball battle is anywhere near as awesome (of awesomeness) as this gym battle, then it's going to be a very exciting and awesome chapter. :D
It's Cheeseball, of course it's gonna be an awesome chapter. Not only Cheeseball, but also Nugget Bridge. And the Team Rocket Grunt. Who automatically assumes you decline his offer to join Team Rocket. I think you can see where this is headed.

YAY! Please keep making chapters as soon as you can cuz they're awesome and I really want to know what happens next!
Thanks! And believe me, I'm turning out these chapters as fast as I can. Over the month of August, it wasn't too uncommon to see a new chapter every day. And now I have school again, which slows me down somewhat.

As for the next chapter, I would tell you to expect it in perhaps a week, maybe less. Can't make any promises. It's definitely not gonna be ready tomorrow, unfortunately.

YES! Psyduck!
Anime references FTW!
Yeah. Originally, the battle really was going to involve Lanturn, but then I realized, I couldn't possibly pass up an opportunity to write Misty's Psyduck into the story. Between its laughable attacks, its inability to swim, and its tendency to annoy the crap out of its trainer, there were just too many hilarious possibilities to pass up.

Oh, and you know how Misty hates Bug-types and loves Water-types? I've always wondered, how would she react to a Surskit? I just might touch on that in a future chapter.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Dude, you should make this a facebook page, i would so join it!

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
When are you posting the next one?!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 8: When Cheeseballs Attack
In a flash of light, a Flying-type Pokemon emerged from the Poké Ball thrown by Cheeseball. Jack thought it resembled a larger version of Pidgey, and one that really needed a haircut at that.

"Pidgeooooooooooooooo!" it shrieked.

"Pidgeotto, the Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pidgey," said the Pokédex. "Unlike Pidgey, Pidgeotto is extremely aggressive and territorial. It viciously rips apart any intruders unfortunate enough to enter its vast territory."

"Wow, sounds vicious," muttered Jack, as he grabbed a Poké Ball off his belt and threw it. "Weezing, go!"

In a flash of light, Weezing materialized before Jack, turning to face Pidgeotto.

"Weezing," its two heads groaned simultaneously.

"Weezing, go! Sludge attack now!" called Jack.

"Pidgeotto, dodge it!" called Cheeseball. With a flap of its impressive wings, Pidgeotto flew straight up and right out of the Sludge attack's path. Unfortunately for Cheeseball, this put his hair in its path instead. With a sickening splattering noise, Cheeseball's hair once again became the unfortunate victim of yet another Sludge makeover.

"Yecch!" groaned Cheeseball, trying to wipe the sludge out of his hair. "OK, that does it! Pidgeotto, Wing Attack!"

Pidgeotto spread its wings wide and swooped down towards Weezing. Its wings were bathed in a brilliant light.

"Weezing, use your Smokescreen attack!" Jack ordered.

"Weezing Weez," groaned Weezing, as it opened up its mouths and unleashed large quantities of thick, black smoke. Within seconds, Jack could hear Pidgeotto cawing out of confusion, clearly unable to see through the smoke.

"Blow it away, you birdbrain!" snarled Cheeseball. "Use your Gust attack!"

Almost immediately, the smoke began to clear. Pidgeotto was flapping its wings hard, and the resultant wind was clearing out the smoke.

"Now use Tackle!" Cheeseball ordered.

"Weezing, use your own Tackle!" countered Jack.

Pidgeotto and Weezing charged towards each other, colliding rather painfully. Pidgeotto, however, seemed to take the hit harder than Weezing had, and fell to the ground. As it shakily got back up and prepared to take off again, Jack gave another order.

"Alright, Weezing, use your Thunderbolt attack now!"

Weezing groaned as its body crackled with electricity. Then, a sizzling bolt of lightning blasted from Weezing's body and struck Pidgeotto directly. Pidgeotto screamed loudly as its body was aglow from the electricity. When the attack stopped, Pidgeotto fell over and moved no more.

As Cheeseball angrily recalled his unconscious bird, Jack cheered, "All right! Weezing, you did great!"

"Weezing Weez!" exclaimed Weezing.

"Yeah, well, let's see how your Weezing stands up to psychic power!" snapped Cheeseball, who was now holding another Poké Ball. As he threw the ball, he called out; "Abra, destroy!"

In a flash of light, a yellow fox-like Pokémon appeared. It was sitting on the ground, arms crossed, eyes closed. That plus the odd cries it emitted gave Jack the impression that it was asleep.

"Uh, Jack?" said the Pokédex. "Those aren't cries, they're snores. It IS asleep."

"WHAT?!" roared Cheeseball. "Wake up, you stupid sleepaholic! We got a battle to win!"

Abra's eyes didn't open, but the snores stopped. It turned its head around and muttered, "Abra abra abra."

"What did it say?" Jack asked his Pokédex.

"I can't tell you without needing to up the rating of this fanfic," replied the Pokédex. "Let's just say Abra told Cheeseball to do something."

"Gotcha," replied Jack.

"Abra, the Psi Pokémon," said the Pokédex suddenly. "Abra sleeps eighteen hours a day to hone its telekinetic powers. It is capable of fighting even when asleep."

"Oh, is it?" replied Cheeseball, somewhat surprised at this piece of news. "Eh, well, it doesn't matter. Abra's awake now, and that's all that matters. Abra, use Psychic!"

Jack was ready to tell Weezing to dodge it, but Abra just sat there and did nothing.

"...bra?" it asked.

"Heh heh, it said 'bra'," chuckled Jack.

"Don't you know Psychic?" asked Cheeseball.

Abra shook its head. Frustrated, Cheeseball whipped out his own Pokédex.

"Abra's attacks: Teleport," said Cheeseball's Pokédex.

"...And?" asked Cheeseball.

"...And, that's it," replied his Pokédex. "It's a friggin' Abra, you were expecting it to know every move in existance?"

"Not EVERY move," snarled Cheeseball, "But not even Psybeam? Confusion? Pound? Scratch? Give me something here!"

"Sorry, bud, I already told you. Just Teleport."

"RRRGH," grumbled Cheeseball. "Ah, well, it's better than nothing."

"No, it ain't," Jack's Pokédex whispered.

"Abra, use Teleport!" called Cheeseball.

Immediately, a shimmering glow began enveloping Abra's body. A bright burst of light....

...And nothing. The light faded away, revealing Abra to not have moved at all.

"I probably should have told you," called Cheeseball's Pokédex over Jack and his own Pokédex's uncontrollable laughter, "That Teleport has no effect in trainer battles."

"I COULD HAVE DONE WITH THAT INFORMATION SOONER!" roared Cheeseball, having gone beyond the point of Caps Lock abuse.

"Weezing, let's end this," chuckled Jack. "Give it a Sludge."

Weezing happily complied. From the mouth of its larger head it spewed a stream of sludge. It hit Abra squarely in the chest and knocked it backwards. Its perpetually closed eyes were replaced by spirals. Abra was knocked out.

Cheeseball was now hopping mad as he tried to recall Abra. So furious was he that he had trouble aiming the Poké Ball, only managing to return Abra after accidentially aiming the Poké Ball's beam at a rock, Jack's Pokédex, and an extremely confused wild Goldeen.

"That does it! That does it!" Cheeseball snarled. "I have HAD it! Now you're getting a taste of my true power!" And he threw yet another Poké Ball. "Raticate, go!"

In a flash of light, a Raticate appeared. Jack recognized the species from the Flame Wheel-knowing variety back in Mt. Moon.

"Now you're gonna get it!" growled Cheeseball. "My Raticate is in the top percentage of Raticate!"

Top percentage of Raticate... Apart from a horribly overused meme, this phrase reminded Jack of something Professor Oak had said, back in Chapter 2...

"Cheeseball, you got that Raticate with the help of a book, didn't you?" Immediately, Cheeseball began looking shifty.

"Might've," he said evasively. "And stop calling me Cheeseball!"

"This book, perhaps?" asked Jack, extracting his copy of 'Obtaining Grossly Underleveled Evolved Pokémon For Fun And Profit' from his backpack.

"Hey, where'd you get that?" demanded Cheeseball.

"Your grandfather," replied Jack. "Turns out, he's no big fan of Akshun Reeplae's works. And you gave it to him used. Seriously?"

"All right, I may have consulted the book for a little information," grumbled Cheeseball.

"Information about Raticate, by any chance?" asked Jack.

"OK, OK, so I used the book to get my Raticate! So what? I bet you used it to get that Weezing!"

"Negative," replied Jack's Pokédex. "Akshun Reeplae's bestselling book only tells you how to obtain evolved Pokémon. My databanks indicate that Jack has owned his Weezing since it was a Koffing."

"But... There are no wild Koffing anywhere in the Pallet Town or Viridian City areas..." muttered Cheeseball. "How could you have gotten a Weezing so friggin' quickly?"

Jack decided it had come time to steer the conversation out of these dangerous waters.

"Weezing, go, use your Flamethrower!"

"Huh? Oh, right! The battle! Raticate, dodge it and use Super Fang!"

Raticate nimbly darted out of the path of the fiery stream, and lunged towards Weezing, already prominent front teeth bared menacingly.

"Use Double Hit!" called Jack.

Weezing rammed its larger head into Raticate, stunning it momentarily. It then twisted said head around, causing the second head to come ramming into Raticate as well.

"Raticate, Hyper Beam!" called Cheeseball.

"Weezing, Hyper Beam!" called Jack.

Instantly, Raticate and Weezing fired off identical beams of destructive yellow energy. The beams met each other in midair, resulting in an explosion. As the dust from the explosion settled, Raticate was still standing, but Weezing was down on the ground.

Bewildered at this, Jack recalled Weezing.

"I told you my Raticate was in the top percentage of Raticate!" grinned Cheeseball.

This angered Jack. Immediately and without thinking, he grabbed a Poké Ball at random and threw it.

In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Rayquaza materialized, shrieking loudly. Without waiting for orders, it fired off a Hyper Beam attack directly at Raticate. Raticate tried to avoid it, but it was still caught up in the resulting explosion. Raticate landed back in its trainer's arms, now unconscious.

"WHAT THE *bleep*?!" exclaimed Cheeseball. Jack looked at his Pokédex.

"Bleep? Seriously?"

"Hey, this fanfic isn't rated for strong language," replied the Pokédex. "I had to do something."

"I... but... that's a...." stammered Cheeseball.

"Rayquaza, the Sky High Pokémon," said Cheeseball's Pokédex. "Rayquaza stays in the ozone layer and feasts on water molecules. It is said to never come down to Earth."

"But wait... The Rayquaza shown here is green, and this one is..."

"Shiny," finished his Pokédex.

After a minute of incoherent babbling, Cheeseball seemed to get his thoughts in order.

"Now wait a second. How the hell did you catch a legendary Pokémon, and a Shiny, no less?!"

"Are we going to talk, or are we going to battle?!" demanded Jack. "You still have one more Pokémon, don't you?"

"Don't change the subject!" Cheeseball snapped. "You're hiding something from me, I know it!"

"Of course I'm not!" Jack lied. "What would I have to hide from you?"

"First off, you got a Weezing way too early. There are no Koffing in that area at all. And now you have a Shiny Rayquaza?! Impossible! And come to think of it, I've never seen you in Pallet Town at all prior to that day where we got our starters!"

"Oh, you must have just never met me before," said Jack.

"Pallet Town consists of two houses and Grandpa's lab," replied Cheeseball. "Unless you've been living with Red, there's no way you've ever lived in Pallet Town. Where are you really from?"

"Enough of the talking already! I want to finish this battle!" exclaimed Jack.

"Not until you tell me where you're really from," replied Cheeseball stubbornly.

"If you don't send out your last Pokémon, Rayquaza is going to rearrange your face!" roared Jack.

"Fine, fine!" snapped Cheeseball, throwing a final Poké Ball. "Squirtle, go!"

In a flash of light, Squirtle emerged from its Poké Ball. It looked up at the huge Rayquaza before it, and a yellow liquid began trickling out of the bottom of its shell.

"Rayquaza, Dragon Pulse!" called Jack.

"You'd think he'd know better by now..." the Pokédex groaned to itself. Sure enough, Rayquaza shrieked loudly and fired off a Hyper Beam into the sky.

"Rayquaza, I am your trainer and I wish to be obeyed!" called Jack. "When I tell you to use Dragon Pulse, you use Dragon Pulse!"

In response, Rayquaza roared loudly and fired off another Hyper Beam. Thankfully, it looked as though everyone had fled the Pokémon Center in time.

"Rayquaza! No! You do not level unabandoned buildings!" screamed Jack. Rayquaza ignored its trainer and turned on Cheeseball and Squirtle.

"WAH! Squirtle, quick! Use Ice Beam!"

"Squirtle!" replied the TinyTurtle Pokémon, as a glowing blue orb formed in its mouth. It then fired off a beam of blue energy, straight at Rayquaza. Within seconds, Rayquaza's entire body was encased in a thick layer of ice. Rayquaza fell to the ground, clearly unable to even move in this state. Jack returned Rayquaza to its ball, then threw another one. In a flash of light, Ivysaur appeared.

"Use Razor Leaf!" Jack called. Before Squirtle had time to react, Ivysaur pelted it with a barrage of razor-sharp leaves. Squirtle fell instantly.

Scowling, Cheeseball returned Squirtle to its Poké Ball. "So you may win this time, but mark my words, Jack. I will find out who or what you really are!"

"Dude, you are so overly-dramatic," said Jack as he recalled Ivysaur.

"Maybe I am, but I know something's up with you," replied Cheeseball. "Anyway, I was just at Bill's place. Bill's the guy who made the PC storage system. I assume you're using it? If you are, you ought to go and thank him. He also has a bunch of rare Pokemon, it's a collection worth seeing. Smell ya later!"

With that, Cheeseball walked away. Then, he turned around and came up behind Jack, and started sniffing him.

"What the hell?!" exclaimed Jack.

"Sorry, man," said Cheeseball. "Anwyay, I also wanted to give you this." And he handed Jack a small device. It was red and white, and rather flat.

"What is this?"

"It's a Fame Checker. I don't need it, because I don't give a hoot about other people," replied Cheeseball. "OK, now I'm going."

"A Fame Checker?" muttered Jack. "Isn't that one of those things that randomly records stuff people say about Gym Leaders and other random people?"

"I think so," replied the Pokédex.

As Jack made to stuff the Fame Checker deep into his backpack, his walkie talkie began beeping. He yanked it out of his backpack, pressed the talk button, and said "Miror B.?"

"Yeah, Jack, I managed to fight off the pop-ups, but we got bigger problems now."

"What do you mean? What bigger problems?"

"Well, a random Energy Ball attack just flew out of nowhere and smashed a small hole in the prison wall. That triggered some sort of alarm. I seem to be in the position of fighting off hordes of Growlithe and Poochyena now. Oh, please tell me you have all eight badges!"

"No, but I just won the CascadeBadge in the previous chapter," said Jack. "I'll try and hurry it up."

"See that you do, over and out," replied Miror B., and the device went silent.

Then, Jack's Pokédex spoke up. "Hey, Jack, you better do something."

"I know, I know," snapped Jack. "I'm collecting badges as fast as I can!"

"Not that, Rayquaza! It's all encased in ice, that can't be good for it!"

"Damn, you're right," muttered Jack. "I better get it to the Pokémon Center."

"You mean the one Rayquaza leveled with Hyper Beam?"

"Double damn!" snapped Jack. And he looked around. Within seconds, he spotted an area right by the river that the bridge spanned. It was rather spacious, and completely abandoned. Jack dashed down that way, and sent out Rayquaza. It was still encased in thick layers of ice.

"Triple damn," muttered Jack. "This ain't good. Dragon-types can't stand ice."

"We should build a few fires around Rayquaza, to help thaw it out," suggested the Pokédex.

"'we'?" inquired Jack. "I appreciate your concern, but how the hell can you help?"

In response, the Pokédex wriggled out of Jack's hand and fell towards the ground. In midair, however, large, thick, metal legs sprouted from the bottom of the unit. The unit itself began expanding, and large, metallic arms sprouted from either side. It also sprouted a large, robotic head.

"Well, for one thing," said the Pokédex, "I can transform into a giant fighting robot."

Within minutes, the Pokédex had helped Jack collect large quantities of firewood. Jack arranged them in piles all around Rayquaza, then threw two Poké Balls into the air, releasing Lucario and Weezing into the open.

"My word," Lucario said telepathically. "How did Rayquaza get this way?"

"Got hit with an Ice Beam," said Jack. "Look, Lucario, can you just please use your Blaze Kick to start lighting these piles of wood?"

"Of course," replied Lucario, as he set to work. Jack then turned to Weezing.

"You too, Weezing. Use Flamethrower on these wood piles."

"Weezing Weez," nodded Weezing, realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"I can help, too," said the Pokédex, as it fired off transparent red beams from its new robotic eyes. Instantly, the ice struck by these beams began to melt.

Jack stared at his Pokédex in amazement. "Where did you get heat vision?" he asked.

"Internet," replied the Pokédex.

----------------------
And end Chapter 8!

*Cheeseball's Pidgeotto is revealed to know Wing Attack, Gust, and Tackle.
*Cheeseball is revealed to have caught a Raticate and an Abra.
*Cheeseball's Squirtle is revealed to know Ice Beam.

Last edited:

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Dude, awesome chapter! Maybe after raquaza thaws, it can start obeying Jack cuz he knows jack cares about him and stuff. Like with Ash and charizard!

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Missingno. Master said:
You misspelled "funny". Rather ironic, is it not?

Mis-spelling words is very contagious.

Well this hilarious chapter certainly made my day a lot less boring. I was laughing every five seconds, these Cheeseball chapters are just awesome (of awesomeness). And Cheeseball suspects something's up with Jack now? Somehow I never pictured Cheeseball as being the observant type.

And that Energy Ball scene was much better than the one I thought of. :D

Chapter 8: When Cheeseballs Attack

Best chapter title ever.
And that's saying something considering this fic.

Jack thought it resembled a larger version of Pidgey, and one that really needed a haircut at that.

What did you expect? Trainers who badly need haircuts have Pokemon that badly need haircuts.

Unfortunately for Cheeseball, this put his hair in its path instead. With a sickening splattering noise, Cheeseball's hair once again became the unfortunate victim of yet another Sludge makeover.

Speaking of the hair...

"Abra, destroy!"

Why must everyone steal Rayquaza's line?

"What did it say?" Jack asked his Pokédex.

"I can't tell you without needing to up the rating of this fanfic," replied the Pokédex. "Let's just say Abra told Cheeseball to do something."

Reminds me of Jack and Rayquaza.

"Don't you know Psychic?" asked Cheeseball.

Abra shook its head. Frustrated, Cheeseball whipped out his own Pokédex.

"Abra's attacks: Teleport," said Cheeseball's Pokédex.

"...And?" asked Cheeseball.

"...And, that's it," replied his Pokédex. "It's a friggin' Abra, you were expecting it to know every move in existance?"

"Not EVERY move," snarled Cheeseball, "But not even Psybeam? Confusion? Pound? Scratch? Give me something here!"

"Sorry, bud, I already told you. Just Teleport."

Silly Cheeseball, haven't you learned anything since that first battle?

"I probably should have told you," called Cheeseball's Pokédex over Jack and his own Pokédex's uncontrollable laughter, "That Teleport has no effect in trainer battles."

"I COULD HAVE DONE WITH THAT INFORMATION SOONER!" roared Cheeseball, having gone beyond the point of Caps Lock abuse.

The fact that you apply all these game mechanics that would normally work in anime battles just makes this fic so much more awesome (of awesomeness).

Caps Lock abuse FTW!

"OK, OK, so I used the book to get my Raticate! So what? I bet you used it to get that Weezing!"

"Negative," replied Jack's Pokédex. "Akshun Reeplae's bestselling book only tells you how to obtain evolved Pokémon. My databanks indicate that Jack has owned his Weezing since it was a Koffing."

"But... There are no wild Koffing anywhere in the Pallet Town or Viridian City areas..." muttered Cheeseball. "How could you have gotten a Weezing so friggin' quickly?"

How'd you get a top-percentage Raticate so friggin' quickly if Squirtle was your first Pokemon?

"WHAT THE *bleep*?!" exclaimed Cheeseball. Jack looked at his Pokédex.

"Bleep? Seriously?"

Now Cheeseball, don't go using words that the author has to cover up and turn into a successful attempt at humor.

"It's a Fame Checker. I don't need it, because I don't give a hoot about other people," replied Cheeseball. "OK, now I'm going."

Cheeseball just loves contradicting himself. He just got through explaining how he's going to find out who or what Jack is.

"Well, a random Energy Ball attack just flew out of nowhere and smashed a small hole in the prison wall. That triggered some sort of alarm. I seem to be in the position of fighting off hordes of Growlithe and Poochyena now. Oh, please tell me you have all eight badges!"

:D :D :D :D :D

On a side note, don't the police also have Stunky?

Anyways, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jack stared at his Pokédex in amazement. "Where did you get heat vision?" he asked.

"Internet," replied the Pokédex.

You watch way too much Nickelodeon, my friend.

Another great chapter!!!!! :D

(I've used a lot of :D 's in this post haven't I?)

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

I laughed for a majority of chapter eight, and the reference at the end just got me rolling on the floor. Anyway, keep up the good work! It keeps getting better!