• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

End of an era here. Shame to see it go, really. And Miror B. didn't even get a mention.

And thus, the True Name of the Narrator shall evermore be unknown...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. Everyone who's ever read, everyone who's ever reviewed, everyone who's ever, in any way, kept me motivated to keep this going. I had a lot of fun writing this, and I can't even begin to express how much it means to me whenever I see that someone else has derived enjoyment from reading it.

Before I started The Adventure of Adventureness, my previous attempts at fanfic writing were... well, to put it mildly, not exactly my best work. I was a young, naive noob back then, thought I could crap out literary masterpieces as easy as breathing. I finally started to get the picture when my attempts at a Pokemon/Harry Potter crossover got me banned for plagiarism, and that kinda put me off writing for a while. Then, in the beginning of August in 2009, I was trying to get to sleep one night, when the most random thought occurred to me... Crappy fanfics get written all the time... but how would the horrible story quality make the characters feel about it? I started imagining the protagonist of such fanfiction on a mission to give the author a piece of his mind, and the very next day, I sat down and typed up the first chapter of The Adventure of Adventureness. I was nervous, I'll admit it, given that my previous attempts at fanfic writing were rather badly received. Once I realized that people were liking this, I decided to keep it going. Then came the infamous ten-month hiatus between chapters 4 and 5. I had started to get lazy, and after several months, started to figure nobody was gonna miss it. Then, about ten months after chapter 4 had come out, ten months since anyone had posted in this thread, one of Ysavvryl's Pokedex One-Shots featured a fourth-wall-breaking narrator, and mattman324 made mention of the narrator in this story due to it. Though I had said that I had been planning all along to post a new chapter... honestly, before that, I had given up. But once I realized that even after almost an entire year of the story being inactive, someone still remembered and liked it... That gave me the motivation to keep this going, and to be honest, I am so very glad I did.

I'm going to have this moved over to Completed Fics at some point next week, but before I do, I'm going to try and clean up any spelling and grammatical errors that weren't intentional. If anyone can help with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Once again, thank you all for enjoying this.

And yes, just to confirm, I am still not telling you guys what the narrator's name is. :p

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Im tearing up right now literally from the thought that I will never read another original chapter of AoA again in my lifetime. All good things must end, but I was hoping that to be decades from now.

President People

Eat The Path
Welp, I guess that's it. I wouldn't say I contributed much, but I certainly enjoyed The Adventure of Adventureness series.

Well done, Missingno. Master, best of luck to you in the future!

I should probably continue reading 404 Error now… (I have several New Chapter PMs stacked up. Too lazy to read them yet, as I don't hang out here too often as of late)

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
I read the last chapter as soon as it came out, and now... well before I went in to a fanfiction depression, unable to read fanfics for a few days. Now I get the guts to post. I'd put cry, but medicine doesn't let me.

This story, I hereby award it The Greatest Fanfiction of All Time Award.
May it never be forgotton.