• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Son_of_Shadows

That pig latin thing is going to get really old, really fast I suspect. For Jack's group, for you for having to write it every damn word, and for me. Got to be honest, not a particularly funny joke, more of an annoyance than anything, IMHO. But it's good to see a Cryogonal being used, I love those things. They look so aggressive, but in reality, they're making a ^_^ face! Look closely.

Great chapter. Though, I swear this part was copypasted from one of the earliest chapters:
Missingno. Master said:
Is that that script for the story?!"

"Yes, sir, it is."

"GIMME THAT!" roared Jack, ripping the book from the narrator's hands. He flipped forwards to the part where he ripped the book from the narrator's hands. "Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here-''" At this point, Jack stopped reading.

"It's just gonna keep doing that, isn't it?"
Also, it took me awhile to decipher the narrator's odd ingo-lay.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Im worried about the next chapter. I cant understand pig latin. :( I guess im gonna have to try real hard to understand the next chapter.
It's not too hard. The first consonant sound of the word is put at the end, and followed by "ay". Chair becomes air-chay, cheeseburger becomes eeseburger-chay, Poké Ball becomes Oké-pay All-bay, and Weezing becomes Eezing-way. If the first syllable in the word is a vowel, the word is left as is, and "ay" is just tacked on to the end of the word. Awesomeness becomes awesomeness-ay.

Poor Narrator, he doesn't usually tend to swear a lot, but I guess he gets hurt so much that he just doesn't think about manners any more. At least he still has the manners to call Jack "sir".
Yucky doesn't swear much, but if he's angry enough...

Glad to see the Mr. Psychic gag returning once again. Maybe you'll surprise us all by bringing back another old gag that we've all forgotten.
I would tell you if I planned to do that, but then it wouldn't be a surprise, then, would it?

That pig latin thing is going to get really old, really fast I suspect. For Jack's group, for you for having to write it every damn word, and for me. Got to be honest, not a particularly funny joke, more of an annoyance than anything, IMHO. But it's good to see a Cryogonal being used, I love those things. They look so aggressive, but in reality, they're making a ^_^ face! Look closely.
Yeah, the Pig Latin thing is gonna get a little tedious, but it should make for some decently humorous narration.

I like Cryogonal too. I see, yeah, the ^_^ face they make.

Great chapter. Though, I swear this part was copypasted from one of the earliest chapters:
It kinda was, actually. Just the part from "GIMME THAT!" to "It's gonna keep doing that, isn't it?".

Interesting-ay. I-ay ope-hay oo-tay augh-lay y-may utt-bay off-ay of-ay y-may air-chay. Ooking-lay orward-fay oo-tay ee-thay ext-nay apter-chay.

Is-thay is-ay addicting-ay, isn't-ay it-ay?

Armored Zangoose

EXcellent and hilarious chapter, as usual. ANyways, I've been reading this fic, or rather, thre fics) since the beginning, but I've only just decided to post.

"THAT'S MR. PSYCHIC!!!" came the booming, echoing, all-caps reply seemingly from every direction. The irritated shout reverberated around the mountain. As the echo died out, Jack suddenly heard a rumbling sound. Next thing he knew, the heaps of snow were collapsing into the crater!

"Son of a *BLEEP*!" Jack exclaimed. He then shot a dirty look at his Pokédex as the last of the snow fell down. Conveniently enough, the snow came out exactly level to the wooden walkway on which the group was standing. Bianca carefully took a step onto the snow, and then, realizing that it would support her weight, began to dash across the snow-filled crater.

Taking advantage of Mr. Psychoboost was probably my favorite part. I always thought it was rather amusing how the snow convienently falls in just the right spot.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Good chapter, but why aren't I on the PM list anymore?

Reat-gay hapter-cay! Ove-lay every-ay art-pay of-ay it-ay! His-tay isn't-ay he-tay irst-fay ime-tay I've-ay een-say Ig-pay Atin-lay. I-ay once-ay ead-ray ay ook-bay here-way one-ay harater-cay alked-tay only-ay in-ay Ig-pay Atin-lay.

yellownick15

Another Chapter!!!
Jack wheeled around to look in the direction in which the narrator was looking and pointing. There, right in front of the group, hovered what appeared to be a mutant snowflake with a pair of eerie glowing blue eyes and a mustache that seemed to be made up of ice crystals.
If Cryogonal wasn't already made that would get the prize for the most creative mutant snowflake description ever ^_^.

"HOWDAREYOUICOULDHAVEBEENKILLEDWHATTHEHELLISTHEMAT TERWITHYOUDOYOUTHINKTHAT'SFUNNYMAKINGINNOCENTFLYIN GPOKéMONSLAMINTOCAVEWALLSLIKETHATIFYOUWEREN'TAGEND ERLESSSPECIESIWOULDSOTELLYOURMOTHERONYOU-"

Chatot continued to scream at Cryogonal in the same shrill, continuous, all-caps, echoing voice while flying around it in circles. Cryogonal groaned in agony and slowly floated down to the ground, at which point Chatot ceased its attack.
And why can't I record that in my Chatot's Chatter when RNGing?

"You're gonna catch that moronic murderous mustachio'd menace?!" Jack demanded.
And you just gave me an awesome idea for my English homework.

"Damn it," groaned Roy. "It'll take us forever to get through this!"

"Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" Bianca squealed excitedly. "I have an idea! I know how we can get past this mountain!"

"I highly doubt it," sighed Jack. "But go ahead."

"OK, OK. Here I go," said Bianca. She then cleared her throat and called out, "Mr. Psycho Shift!"

"THAT'S MR. PSYCHIC!!!" came the booming, echoing, all-caps reply seemingly from every direction. The irritated shout reverberated around the mountain. As the echo died out, Jack suddenly heard a rumbling sound. Next thing he knew, the heaps of snow were collapsing into the crater!

"Son of a *BLEEP*!" Jack exclaimed. He then shot a dirty look at his Pokédex as the last of the snow fell down. Conveniently enough, the snow came out exactly level to the wooden walkway on which the group was standing. Bianca carefully took a step onto the snow, and then, realizing that it would support her weight, began to dash across the snow-filled crater.

"Come on!" she called as she ran.

"Wow," Jack mused as the group hastened to follow Bianca across the snow. "Who would've thought it? An actual use for Mr. Psystrike."

"THAT'S MR. PSYCHIC!"
Why wasn't Mr. Phychic in my DS when I got stuck for three days in Twisted Mountain? (And after I finally got out the Season changed to Spring...)

"Ere-thay ou-yay uys-gay are-ay! At-whay e-thay ell-hay as-way at-thay or-fay, ir-say?! Ait-way a-ay inute-may. Y-whay am-ay I-ay eaking-spay in-ay Ig-pay Atin-lay?!?!"

"That must have been the bad effect of that plot device Miror B. sent," Jack said, trying not to chuckle."

"OT-PLAY EVICE-DAY?! At-way e-thay ell-hay id-day it-ay o-day at-thay as-way o-say ood-gay at-thay it-ay ustifies-jay e-may eaking-spay eaking-fray Ig-pay Atin-lay?!?!" the narrator roared.

"My Foongus evolved," was Jack's response.

"OH-AY ELL-WAY EN-THAY, AT-THAY AKES-MAY IT-AY ALL-AY IGHT-RAY EN-THAY, OESN'T-DAY IT-AY?!?!" the narrator roared in all caps.
Ot-nay e-thay act-fay e-thay e-way are-ay etting-gay a-ay ew-nay apter-chay ike-lay is-thay oes-day.

"OK," sighed Jack. "Well, let's get to the Pokémon Center, then we can hit the Icirrus Gy-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" he screamed as electricity coursed through his entire body. Leaping backwards, Jack looked down at the seemingly innocent patch of mud on which he had been standing. At first, it looked ordinary enough. Then, a pair of eyes opened on the mud. Then, what had to be the flattest Pokémon ever flopped its way out of the mud. Jack didn't know what to make of it. It looked like the most unusual cross between a fish and a pancake. At the sight of Jack, still sizzling from his electrical onslaught, it gave a diabolical smirk and chuckled.

"Fisk fisk fisk fisk fisk," the Pokémon laughed.

"Stunfisk, the Trap Pokémon," said Jack's Pokédex. "Stunfisk's skin is so hard, it can be stepped on by a sumo wrestler and not get hurt. It laughs when it transmits electricity."

"WHY YOU LITTLE!" Jack roared in all caps. "NOBODY ZAPS ME WITH ELECTRICITY, THEN LAUGHS AT ME, AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!" He took several steps back and threw a Poké Ball into the air. "Porygon-Z! Destroy!"
Now we know another thing we won't get away if Jack is involved.
And you made him caught Stunfisk!!! I just love that smile.

Another great chapter, even though my idea wasn't involved, so if Cryogonal couldn't hit on 3.4, may 3.2? You know we all want Cheeseball returning. (I bet Weezing does to).

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Reat-gay hapter-cay! Ove-lay every-ay art-pay of-ay it-ay! His-tay isn't-ay he-tay irst-fay ime-tay I've-ay een-say Ig-pay Atin-lay. I-ay once-ay ead-ray ay ook-bay here-way one-ay harater-cay alked-tay only-ay in-ay Ig-pay Atin-lay.
OK, see, it's the first consonant sound, not just the first consonant. "great" wouldn't be "reat-gay", but "eat-gray". Chapter would be "apter-chay", and so on.

So Ister-may Chic-psyay returns for Chapter 100.

Would he yell at you for Ister-may Chic-psyay...?
Yes, because his name in Pig Latin is Ister-may Ychic-psay.

Another Chapter!!!
Why, yes it is. :)

If Cryogonal wasn't already made that would get the prize for the most creative mutant snowflake description ever ^_^.
Thanks.

And why can't I record that in my Chatot's Chatter when RNGing?
Forget that, why when I record anything for Chatter does it come out as garbled gibberish?!

And you just gave me an awesome idea for my English homework.
The Random of Randomness: Helping people with their homework since 2011.

Why wasn't Mr. Phychic in my DS when I got stuck for three days in Twisted Mountain? (And after I finally got out the Season changed to Spring...)
You got stuck in Twist Mountain... for three days... during Winter? Might I ask how that's possible, especially when the snowdrift makes it so easy to navigate?

Ot-nay e-thay act-fay e-thay e-way are-ay etting-gay a-ay ew-nay apter-chay ike-lay is-thay oes-day.
"Not the fact the we are getting a new chapter like this does"?

Another great chapter, even though my idea wasn't involved, so if Cryogonal couldn't hit on 3.4, may 3.2? You know we all want Cheeseball returning. (I bet Weezing does to).
I do know indeed. And in this story, the Pokédexes aren't exactly genderless, so your idea won't actually work. Sorry.

As for Cheeseball, I did say he'll be back, and back he will be. Eventually. But he will return, count on it.

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
OK, see, it's the first consonant sound, not just the first consonant. "great" wouldn't be "reat-gay", but "eat-gray". Chapter would be "apter-chay", and so on.

Yes, because his name in Pig Latin is Ister-may Ychic-psay.

Why, yes it is. :)

Thanks.

Forget that, why when I record anything for Chatter does it come out as garbled gibberish?!

The Random of Randomness: Helping people with their homework since 2011.

You got stuck in Twist Mountain... for three days... during Winter? Might I ask how that's possible, especially when the snowdrift makes it so easy to navigate?

"Not the fact the we are getting a new chapter like this does"?

I do know indeed. And in this story, the Pokédexes aren't exactly genderless, so your idea won't actually work. Sorry.

As for Cheeseball, I did say he'll be back, and back he will be. Eventually. But he will return, count on it.

And I, along with the rest of your large fanbase, will be awaiting the Weezing sludgehair with bated breath! Missingno. Master, by your use of the epic Weezing in this story, you have definitely promoted your favorite type and Pokemon. And egg move abuse. Oh, yes.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 28: Freeze Badge With Ease
--------------

"...Ell-way?"

"Start narrating, Yucky."

"Over-ay y-may ead-day ody-bay! Ot-nay ike-lay is-thay! And-ay y-may ame-nay is-ay ot-nay Ucky-yay!"

"Well, none of us are gonna narrate."

"Ooh! Ooh! Me nawwate! Me nawwate! Pweeeeeaase???"

"Oh-ay, ome-cay on-ay. Et-lay y-may Okédex-pay arrate nay. E's-hay all-ay excited-ay."

"Fine. FINE! But mark my words, Yucky, you WILL narrate at least one chapter in Pig Latin," Jack sayd as Yucky's Pokeedex stawted to nawwate.

"Ike-lay ell-hay," Yucky sayd.

The gwoup wawked towawds the Pokeemon Centew, and wawked inside. Jack gave his Pokeemons to Nuwse Joy to be healeded. Woy, Misty, Beeawnca, and Yucky aww did the same. A wot of time waytew, Nuwse Joy gave back theiw Pokeemons.

"Heh, heh," Jack waughed. "That baby Pokédex sounds so cute when he narrates."

"Y-may ame-nay is-ay ot-nay Ucky-yay!" Yucky scweamed in a funny voice.

"Whatever, Yucky," Jack sayed. "Now let's get going. I want to earn a gym badge already." And he pwessed some buttons on Da-Da and a Pokee Ball went bye-bye off his bewt and a new one appeawed.

"What was that?" Woy sayed.

"I deposited Porygon-Z and withdrew something else," Jack wepwied.

"What did you withdraw?"

"You'll see."

"I'll bet it's Golem," Woy whispewed to Beeawnca. "This Gym, I've heard, specializes in the Ice-type."

"You think so?" Beeawnca... an...answ... zzzzz...

"What just happened, Yucky?"

"On't-day all-cay e-may at-thay, ir-say! And-ay y-may Okédex-pay ell-fay asleep-ay. E's-hay only-ay a-ay aby-bay, after-ay all-ay."

"Yeah, true. It's a shame, though, his narration was starting to grow on me. But now who's gonna narrate?"

"I will."

"Ike-lay ell-hay, ir-say. Our-yay arration-nay ills-skay uck-say!"

"This from the guy who can only speak in Pig Latin. You narrate, then!"

"Y-tray and-ay ake-may e-may."

"Guys, guys, guys, break it up. I'll narrate."

"Not happening, Roy. Your narration is even more devoid of description than the first two lines of the Adventure of Adventureness!"

"Guys, guys, guys, guys! I'll narrate! Please? Huh? Huh? Can I, can I, huh, huh, please?"

"Alright, OK! Settle down, Bianca. Yes, you can narrate."

"YAY! Thank you, Roy! Thanks!" I said as we started walking again. We came to a-

"Ianca-bay, y-tray arrating-nay in-ay e-thay ird-thay erson-pay," Yucky rudely interrupted me.

"The who of what now?"

"The third person," Roy translated. "Yucky never refers to himself as 'I' or 'me' in his narration, but as 'the narrator'."

"Ohhhhh, I got it. OK." Bianca said. The group was walking to the gym which really looked more like a fancy cave in a cliff. Better?

"Yeah, but when you're talking to us, you gotta use quotation marks," said Jack's Pokedex. "Also, the e in stuff like 'Pokémon' or Poké Ball' or 'Pokédex', it's supposed to have one of those little squiggles over it."

"OK, OK, I think I got it now." They entered the gym and talked to a weird man inside who was dressed funny and challenged him to a battle and he accepted and said he was Brycen of Icirrus Gym and he clapped his hands and made epic music begin to play and he threw three Poke-no, Poké Balls and sent out a Cryogonal a Beartic and a Vanillish and-

"Beartic, the Freezing Pokémon and the evolved form of Cubchoo. Beartic can make its breath freeze at will. Very able in the water, it swims around in northern seas and catches prey. Vanillish, the Icy Snow Pokémon and the evolved form of Vanillite. Vanillish conceals itself from enemy eyes by creating many small ice particles and hiding among them. During an ancient ice age, they moved to southern areas."

"I was narrating! Rude!" said Bianca.

"It was a run-on sentence," siad Jack's Pokédex. "And you misspelled 'said'."

"Well, you take over the narrating, then if you know so much about it!"

"I will," said Jack's Pokédex. Jack, Roy, and Yucky each took out a Poké Ball and threw it. Roy's unleashed his Samurott, Yucky's Poké Ball contained his Liepard, and Jack's unleashed... Marowak?!

"You stupid idiot!" hissed Roy. "Marowak is weak to Ice moves! I thought you were bringing in Golem or something!"

"Just relax," said Jack. "I got this covered."

"Beartic, Icicle Crash!" Brycen shouted. "Cryogonal, Vanillish, double Frost Breath!"

Beartic roared, and its icicle beard glowed blue. Then, a volley of large icicles flew out of Beartic's mouth, crashing down on Samurott. Cryogonal and Vanillish, meanwhile, exhaled frozen blasts of air at Liepard and Marowak.

"Samurott, hit Beartic with Razor Shell!" called Roy.

"Marowak, Bonemerang!" Jack ordered.

"Iepard-lay, Assist-ay!" commanded the narrator.

Samurott reared up on its hind legs, and with its right front leg, grabbed part of the shell attached to its left front leg, and unsheathed, to general astonishment, a large and formidable-looking sword made out of shell. This sword then glowed blue, and Samurott slashed viciously at Beartic, causing it to fall backwards.

Marowak heaved its bone club at Cryogonal, but the bone passed right through it both times. Though astonished at this turn of events, Marowak managed to catch the bone without issue.

"What in the hell?!" screeched Jack.

"Cryogonal's ability is Levitate," stated Jack's Pokédex. "All Cryogonal have that ability, even the one Yucky just caught."

Liepard, though not especially proficient at speaking Pig Latin, understood the command nonetheless, and raised its front right paw. A glowing orb formed on it, and then a red wind blasted forth from it, striking both Cryogonal and Vanillish.

"That's gotta be Chatot's Heat Wave," remarked Roy. "Now, Samurott! Rock Smash!"

"Rott!" roared Samurott as its sword glowed brown. It then jabbed the sword at Beartic, causing it to abandon its attempts to get back up.

"Beartic!" exclaimed Brycen, looking at his unconscious Pokémon. "OK! Cryogonal, Bind Marowak! Vanillish, use Powder Snow on Liepard!"

"Marowak, Double-Edge now!" Jack exclaimed.

"Iepard-lay! Use-ay Assist-ay once-ay again-ay!" Yucky called out.

Cryogonal drifted towards Marowak, mustache extending, but the Bone Keeper Pokémon dashed right at Cryogonal, and tackled it hard. Cryogonal hit the floor hard and skidded backwards, drifting into unconsciousness at Brycen's feet.

The music then changed.

Vanillish unleashed a blast of snow from its mouth, but Liepard once again held up its paw. The paw glowed with a bright light. Then, a thick stream of smelly, black sludge burst forth from the paw, cutting through the Powder Snow and striking Vanillish directly. The living vanilla ice cream cone fell to the ground and fainted.

The music stopped.

"Oh, yeah!" exclaimed Jack. "Weezing's Sludge for the win!"

"Most impressive," Brycen stated as he recalled his trio of unconscious Ice-types. "You have more than earned these Freeze Badges." And he dug into one of his pockets and extracted three icicle-shaped badges and three light blue discs. Jack, Roy, and Yucky each took a TM and a badge.

"The TMs teach Frost Breath," continued Brycen. "Not an especially powerful move, but it always lands a critical hit." Roy and Yucky thanked Brycen, and the group exited the gym.

"Oh, yeah, Jack?" his Pokédex said. "Also want to point out, didn't you wonder why Marowak didn't take any recoil damage from Double-Edge?"

Jack stopped. "Actually, yeah, I noticed that."

"It's got Rock Head as its ability. No recoil damage."

"Oh. Cool!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

Everybody jumped at once, as Brycen's booming, all-caps voice thundered from behind him.

"Us? You just battled us and you don't know who we are?!" Jack demanded.

"Not you! Them!" exclaimed Brycen, pointing at what appeared to be thin air. At first, Jack thought that the Gym Leader was going insane. Then...

"Fufufufufu..." came a voice from seemingly nowhere. "Most impressive, Brycen of Icirrus Gym." And then, suddenly, three ninja-like men materialized around the group from thin air.

"Not you weirdos again," groaned Jack.

"We admit we are impressed," stated one of the Shadow Triad. "We, the Shadow Triad, are beings of the shadows... Not easily seen..."

"Our mission was to speak to Jack, and Jack alone. But so be it," one of the other guys said.

"Our lord N wishes for you to go to Dragonspiral Tower," the third member said. With that, the Shadow Triad vanished again.

"They are so creepy!" Bianca shivered.

"Well, then, let's go," said Jack.

"Jack, you do realize this is most likely a trap?" asked Roy.

"Irregardless," replied Jack, "Team Plasma's up to something. If we're lucky, we might be able to stop them in time."

"And which way is Dragonspiral Tower again?" asked Misty. This made Jack stop.

"Oh, it's to the north," stated Brycen. "Can't miss it."

The group looked in the direction in which Brycen was pointing (the opposite direction in which Jack had been walking), and they saw a massive column of stone in the distance.

And then, without warning, a blast of blue electricity shot into the sky from the top of the tower.

"Let's move," said Roy. With that, the group broke into a run in the direction of the tower, Brycen following close behind.
~~~~~~~~
Ten minutes later, Jack, Roy, Yucky, Misty, and Bianca found themselves inside Dragonspiral Tower. They had entered through a hole in the wall that looked as if it wasn't actually supposed to be there. It wasn't actually; en route to the tower, the group had run into Cedric Juniper again (literally, in Bianca's case), who had explained to them that the legendary Zekrom was rumored to be in this tower. This piece of news motivated the group to pick up their pace (Brycen, however, had gone in ahead of them).

"What a weird place," Bianca remarked.

"No time for that!" exclaimed Jack. "N might already have Zekrom under his control. And trust me, that dude is crazy enough as it is. Last thing anyone needs is someone like that with a friggin' legendary on their side."

"Well, you have Victini, Tornadus, and a shiny Rayquaza," said Roy. "Why would you be worried?"

"Good point, but still," Jack persisted. "First off, Zekrom's supposed to be an Electric-type, thus already giving it an advantage over Tornadus. Also- what the hell?!"

Jack skidded to a halt, as what he took to be a weird blue boulder got up and began walking around. It bore a vague resemblence to a robot.

"Golett, the Automaton Pokémon," said Jack's Pokédex . "Golett are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization. The energy that burns inside it enables it to move, but no one has yet been able to identify this energy."

"I think I might want to catch that thing," Jack declared.

"Oh, no you don't," interrupted his Pokédex. "I'll catch Golett!"

A stunned silence followed this statement, followed by the sounds of Jack's Pokédex morphing into a giant fighting robot.

Golett made the first move. It held out its arms, and a ball of mud formed in each hand. Golett then flung the mud at 3.3, but 3.3 fired off beams of heat vision, cancelling out the Mud-Slap. 3.3 then fired his heat vision at Golett once again, causing the Automaton Pokémon to yelp in pain and fall to the floor with an echoing crash.

The Pokédex looked at Jack, who quickly tossed him an empty Poké Ball. 3.3 then dropped the ball on Golett. Golett was turned into transparent red energy and sucked into the ball. The sphere landed on the floor and wobbled once...

Twice...

Three times...!

Click.

"Wow," Jack murmured. "My Pokédex caught a Golett. What is this I don't even..."

"Come on, let's move!" Roy stated suddenly as a loud, echoing roar exploded from above their heads. Jack's Pokédex shoved the Poké Ball into his mouth, swallowed it, then morphed back into his Pokédex form. Jack then led the group up a flight of stairs, around a number of crumbling columns, up another flight of stairs, up more stairs, down a series of strange ledges, more stairs...

Eventually, they came to a large, open floor, and spotted a number of Team Plasma grunts. Jack reached for a Poké Ball, but then realized that Brycen was among the grunts. Two of the grunts were tied up in Cryogonal's mustache, and a third one was backed into a corner and subjected constantly to continuous Frost Breath attacks. About seven other grunts were encased in ice from the waist down; Vanillish floated around them, packing on more Powder Snow wherever it deemed necessary. And Beartic was sitting on what looked to be another three or four grunts. The few grunts that weren't being frozen by an ice cream cone, sat on by a giant bear, or tied up in a mutant snowflake's mustache looked too scared to move.

"I've got this lot!" Brycen exclaimed as he saw the group. "You go on!"

"Anks-thay!" exclaimed Yucky as the group continued up the tower.

"I almost can't believe that N, though," Roy sighed as they dashed up another spiral staircase. "He's almost as crazy as that Mr. Zen Headbutt-"

"OH, COME ON! THAT DIDN'T EVEN SOUND LIKE MR. PSYCHIC!" came the all-caps yell.

Jack shook his head and chuckled in amusement as they reached the next floor, but quickly felt like groaning as he saw what awaited him; one of the seven sages stood there, flanked by four Team Plasma grunts.

"Fellow subjects of the king!" exclaimed the badly dressed sage. "Attack!"

The four grunts sprang forward, one of them a little reluctantly. Jack then studied this last grunt for a moment, realizing that he looked familiar.

"Jack?" said Roy.

"You..." Jack murmured. "You're that grunt from Driftveil City!"

The grunt looked thoroughly miserable, though Jack figured this had to do with the fact that he was still sporting the Team Plasma uniform.

"Hey, guys..." the grunt mumbled.

"Shut up, Ralph," snapped one of the other grunts. He then pressed a button on the device on his belt, and that oddly epic battle music began to play. Each grunt then took out a Poké Ball and threw it.

"Watchog, do it!"

"Go! Trubbish!"

"I choose Krokorok!"

"Tynamo, let's get this over with..."

Three of the Pokémon that came out, Jack recognized. The last one, which Ralph had sent out, he did not recognize. It was small and fishlike, but it floated in midair.

"Tynamo, the EleFish Pokémon," said Roy's Pokédex. "Tynamo is not very powerful on its own, but an entire group of them can create more electricity than a bolt of lightning."

Jack took his Pokédex and pressed some buttons. The Ultra Ball vanished off his belt and was replaced by an ordinary ball. Jack then threw this ball, plus one other, and called out, "Scraggy, Golbat, go!"

In twin flashes of light, Jack's Scraggy and Golbat appeared. Roy reached for a Poké Ball, but at that moment, Ralph ran at the group. Jack opened his mouth to order Scraggy to Headbutt Ralph, but then realized that Ralph was now standing with the group.

"Tynamo, ready!" exclaimed Ralph.

"What is this!?!" demanded one of the Team Plasma grunts.

"I quit," Ralph stated plainly. "I am sick and tired of all this. I quit. These guys, in the few minutes I have known them, treated me way better than any of you have. And frankly, I don't think Pokémon should be separated from humans! Tynamo, Tackle attack!"

"Mo!" exclaimed Tynamo as it darted through the air and slammed into Watchog.

"Golbat, Quick Attack on Trubbish!" Jack ordered. "Scraggy, hit Krokorok with your Drain Punch!"

Golbat sped forward and rammed Trubbish hard, as Scraggy ran up to Krokorok and socked it with a green-and-yellow glowing fist. Trubbish and Krokorok fell into unconsciousness almost immediately.

"Argh! Watchog, use Tackle attack!" called the remaining grunt.

"Tynamo, Charge Beam!" commanded Ralph.

"Golbat, ready for Supersoni-WOAH!"

For at that moment, both Golbat and Scraggy began to glow!

"They're all evolving!" exclaimed Roy.

"'all'?" said Jack. "Wouldn't that be 'both'?"

"Not really!" exclaimed Ralph. Jack turned to look at the ex-Plasma grunt, only to see his Tynamo also glowing.

"Holy crap," muttered Jack's Pokédex.

The glowing then stopped, revealing a trio of new Pokémon before them. Jack held out his Pokédex to identify the newly-evolved Pokémon.

"Eelektrik, the EleFish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tynamo. Eelektrik have a big appetite. When they spot their prey, they attack it and paralyze it with electricity. Crobat, the Bat Pokémon, and the evolved form of Golbat. Crobat fly soundlessly on their four wings. When tired, it will only use one pair of wings for flight, switching between pairs every so often. Scrafty, the Hooligan Pokémon, and the evolved form of Scraggy. Scrafty travel in gangs, with the one with the largest head crest being the leader. Together they attack anyone who intrudes on thieir territory."

"Sweet!" exclaimed Jack. "Crobat, use your- huh?"

For Crobat was already starting an attack of some sort. Its body took on a purple aura, and it flapped all four wings simultaneously; a purple glowing "X" flew right at Watchog, striking it directly.

"Jack! Jack!" squealed Yucky's Pokédex, "Cwobat weawned Cwoss Poison!"

"Awesome!" exclaimed Jack as Ralph's Eelektrik launched from its mouth the previously commanded Charge Beam, knocking Watchog out. The music stopped. The three grunts plus the sage stood aside, casting dirty looks at Ralph.

"You guys go on ahead," said Ralph. "I want to get some decent clothes."

"I don't blame you in the slightest," Jack replied. Ralph chuckled, then headed down the tower. Pausing only to make an obscene hand gesture at the grunts and sage, Jack led the group up the final staircase of the tower. They knew it was the final staircase, because they were now at a dead end, looking at N, who was staring at a massive black dragon Pokémon.

"Oh my Arceus," Jack whispered.

N turned around. "Jack. Good to see you again. As you can see, the legendary Zekrom has chosen me as a hero. Together, Zekrom and I will defeat the Pokémon League champion! Then, we will force the foolish humans to give up their Pokémon. Although," he added, "it will also mean that you will have to give up your Pokémon. And with you being as well-liked by your Pokémon as you are, it makes me feel a little sad. But if you wish to stop me, then you, too, must be recognized as a hero. Zekrom's counterpart, Reshiram, must acknoweledge you as a hero! And in the future I see, this does happen... Zekrom, let's go!"

N then climbed onto Zekrom's back, and the legendary Pokémon took flight out of a gaping hole in the back wall.

"Holy crap," came a groaning voice from behind them. The group turned around, and spotted Brycen. Standing with him was none other than Alder.

"So N has Zekrom now..." Alder murmured quietly. "Come on, guys. Let's discuss this outside."
~~~~~~~~

"We're screwed."

"Stop that, Bianca."

"But we are, Jack! We aaarrre! N has that really powerful legendary thingy!"

"Bianca," sighed Roy, "we are NOT screwed."

"Your girlfriend may have a point," sighed Brycen. "Zekrom has the power to destroy half the Unova region. What to do?"

"Well," said Alder, "much as I hate to follow N's suggestion, perhaps we should seek out Reshiram."

"Yeah," said Jack, sarcastically. "A super-ancient legendary Pokémon. Shouldn't take much more than an afternoon to find that thing."

"Regardless," Roy said, "it's the best shot we've got. Anyone have any ideas?"

Silence.

"Well," said Alder after a few minutes, "we could try the Relic Castle. It's in the Desert Resort, just off of Route 4."

"Oh, what, that route with the horrible sandstorm?" said Yucky.

"Yeah," said Alder.

"I thought so- hey! I'm not being forced to speak Pig Latin anymore! YES!"

"Crap," groaned Jack. "Just when you were starting to have some entertainment value."

"Well, anyway," Alder interrupted, "We should get moving." And he took out a Poké Ball and threw it. In a flash of light, a massive Bug-type materialized. It had six fiery orange wings.

"Volcarona, the Sun Pokémon, and the evolved form of Larvesta," said Roy's Pokédex. "Volcarona scatters fire by flapping its six wings. It is said that in ancient times, whenever volcanic ash filled the air, a Volcarona's fire would take the place of the sun."

"Fly, Volcarona!" commanded Alder as he climbed onto its back. "To Nimbasa City!" Screeching in reply, Volcarona took off.

"I'm heading back to Icirrus Gym for now," said Brycen. "Good luck!"

"Let's get going," said Jack as he pressed some buttons on his Pokédex. "Deposit... Scrafty... Withdraw... Rayquaza... OK." He then took out the newly-appeared Poké Ball and threw it. "Rayquaza, go!"

In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Jack's shiny Rayquaza materialized. Jack quickly climbed onto Rayquaza's back, and motioned for the rest of the group to follow him.

"I think I'll start narrating again," Yucky stated as Rayquaza took off. "I'm rather tired of being called Yucky."

"Whatever," sighed Jack's Pokédex as the narrator resumed narrating.
--------------
End of Chapter 28.

*Jack deposits Porygon-Z in the PC and withdraws Marowak.
*Jack, Roy, and the narrator battle Brycen of the Icirrus Gym and defeat him, earning Freeze Badges.
*The narrator's Cryogonal is revealed to have Levitate as its ability.
*Roy's Samurott is revealed to know Rock Smash.
*Jack's Marowak is revealed to know Double-Edge and to have Rock Head as its ability.
*Jack, Roy, and the narrator obtain TMs for Frost Breath.
*The Shadow Triad appears and tells the group to go to Dragonspiral Tower.
*Jack's Pokédex catches a Golett.
*The gang meets up with the Team Plasma grunt from Driftveil City, who is revealed to be named Ralph.
*Ralph is revealed to own a Tynamo.
*Ralph quits Team Plasma.
*Jack deposits Amoonguss in the PC and withdraws Scraggy.
*Ralph's Tynamo evolves into Eelektrik.
*Jack's Scraggy evolves into Scrafty.
*Jack's Golbat evolves into Crobat.
*Jack's Crobat learns Cross Poison.
*N is revealed to have discovered and obtained Zekrom.
*Alder is revealed to own a Volcarona.
*Jack deposits Scrafty in the PC and withdraws Rayquaza.
*The group heads for the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Yay, Jack's Pokedex catches a Pokemon! Yay, Marowak! Yay, chapters coming fast! Yay, really long chapter! Yay, stuff! Yay, first review!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Awesome, another chapter already. I wonder what motivated Jack's pokedex to suddenly want to catch that Golett. If I remember correctly, it never had the urge to do that in the past. Maybe because they're both robots?

When the narrator stopped speaking Pig Latin, I almost thought it was a mistake... I got to learn to read faster.

Also, yay for another group member! I assume Ralph is going to be coming back? Also, I'm glad to see Volcarona, even though nobody caught one.