• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Congrats. This is the second fic I have read all of.
Just awe.
If you like his humor you can find a slightly smaller version in 404 error whis I am on the pm list.
Well, thanks, both for the compliments and the advertising for my other fanfic.

The narrator got a girlfriend! Finally!
And now, as has been mentioned by numerous others, for the end of an era in Pokémon fanfiction. :(
Yeah, this was an amazing series of amazingness. Can't think of much else to say, really.
Yeah, after dozens upon dozens of chapters of being the butt of jokes and the subject of many running gags, the narrator really deserved a break. And thanks!

Well, MM, first off, congratulations for sticking with this thing through four instalments and goodness-knows how many chapters within them. You should be proud of yourself, it obviously took a lot of time, dedication and hard work. Your ending here reminded me a lot of A Link To The Past in that we got to see what happened to all the major and most of the minor characters. Definitely a plus point, as it has a real sense of finality because of that.

Again, congratulations.
Thanks. It was really fun, sticking with this for the whole time.

"Drink up, me hearties! Yo ho!"
(Couldn't resist :p)
Can't say I blame you. :)

NOOOOOOO! ITS FINALLY OVER!!!! *CRIES*

On a more serious note, this was a great story and it always kept me laughing long after I was done reading. This will definitely go down as one of Serebii's best written fanfics ever. You have done a great job Missingno. Master and I will continue to read your stories for a long time to come.
Well, I'll be starting the next chapter of 404 Error within the next few days, so you might not have long to wait as far as continuing to read my stories.

Just one issue I have though. Whatever happened to the narrator's real name? We never found it out. THE PEOPLE WANTS TER KNAW

*evil grin*

That, I'm afraid, is the one and only thing about this story I will never disclose. I will leave it unknown, so that you will always have at least one point to speculate on. Any other thing about the story I will answer gladly, as I no longer have to hold anything back for plot purposes.

The narrator got hooked up with Juniper! Yay! =D

This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I really liked how the ending turned out, and I'll probably keep on getting fantasies about the future of the protagonists, lol. Thank you for writing such an awesome fanfic!

You're welcome.

And as I said earlier, you can ask me pretty much anything about this fanfic, the characters, their Pokémon, unused ideas I had for the fic, and so on and so forth. I will answer anything apart from queries as to the narrator's real name.

And so it ends. After 100 approx. chapters (I think), the Ness series draws to a close.

Highllights;
Cheeseball.
Bad Grammar Gian FIghting Robot.
Rayquaza hyper beaming everything in sight after Gym wins.
JAAAAACK PAWNCH. (How come you didnt't use that in the finale?)
Mr Future Sight.
Readers imitating him and predicting plot twists.

Was Yucky the Narrator's real name? Because he didn't seem to be objecting to Juniper calling him that.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Thank you Missingo. Master, for entertaining us all for years. It's been a great time and I can't wait to see what happens with your new fanfic. From the bottom of my nerdy heart, I thank you for bringing such joy to my days.

GroundBlaze

Starter Keeper
Well it's over

not much to say that others haven't so I'll just say thanks for making me laugh

looking fodward to Error 404

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
I have a question. Is Jack and co. going to make any cameo appearances in upcoming facfics? Also you might want to tag this onto the epic-log.
Living On
But the again there might be other songs there that might fit the theme of parting and saying goodbye. Man I'm feeling sad just listening to them. I'll be stalking your future stories and might post somethine everyone in a while. Good luck on 404 Error.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
The name ;_; WE MUST HAVE THE NAME ;_;

That epilogue's one small leap for the Epic of Epicness, and one giant leap for the Adventure of Adventureness series. Have fun!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I have a question. Is Jack and co. going to make any cameo appearances in upcoming facfics? Also you might want to tag this onto the epic-log.
Living On
But the again there might be other songs there that might fit the theme of parting and saying goodbye. Man I'm feeling sad just listening to them. I'll be stalking your future stories and might post somethine everyone in a while. Good luck on 404 Error.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of Jack or anyone else making cameo appearances in 404 Error and any other fics I might do. Probably, if it wouldn't seem out of place.

The name ;_; WE MUST HAVE THE NAME ;_;

Ahaha.

Ahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
And, so, it finally ends. The most popular of the fanfics finally reaches its unavoidable end. I hope you understand, Missingno. Master, how much of an impact this little creation here has had; although I suspect that the series' fanbase is often looked upon as childish (and, in an honesty, we probably are), but that does not detract from the sheer creativity and comedy that it the Adventure of Adventureness series.

At the heart of my Serebii activity, (which was still exceptionally little and often involved moronic bouts of sheer stupidity when bored) this was my go-to thread. At one point not so long ago, my post count here surpassed everyone else save yourself. This made it to my bookmarks bar, as my form of access to Serebii forums. This thread has far and away the greatest number of comments, due to the open nature of your writing, with the suggestions that you so commonly accepted early on, and the silly gags that comprised much of your comedy, drawing in the immature crowd at times.

However, I cannot help but feel that you rushed the final chapter due to complaints about the lagging speed of the story, with the Miror Bunker-centered chapters of essential filler.

In any case, this fic's fabulous popularity truly speaks for itself; nothing I can truly say will capture that. There is merely one final thing to say:

Thank you.
Thank you for a hilarious, stupidly funny ride. I wish you the best of luck in the future, and the greatest of successes to follow. Farewell.

P.S.: The FireRed/LeafGreen version of that battle music is much better. Sorry bro, but gotta say it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That's the narrator's name?

Oh, and I figured out that Red never appeared even though he was mentioned because he went to 404 Error.

ChloboShoka

Writer

Oh, and I figured out that Red never appeared even though he was mentioned because he went to 404 Error.

It's the best name ever!

Congrats on finishing your fic. Great effort! :) I'm really digging the narrator's character because I think he's really amusing.

rangernumber-x

Experienced trainer
Well, this is the end, then. I will definatly miss it. It made me laugh, hooked on the suspence, throw up and even pass out due to a certain bad egg. But, most of all, it made me reveiw. So, Missingo. Master, I salute you and award you a giant, amazing cake of cakeness for contribution towards comedy. II will be looking forward to your future fics, and may even put up a mini awards ceremony for all the best bits.

EDIT: If you used a plot device to heal your Pokemon for the grand finale, where was the negative effect?

Last edited:

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
Sigh. I... cannot forgive myself. I missed the last chapters of one of the greatest series ever seen in Serebii.

So.... WHAT WAS THE NARRATOR'S NAME!?

.....Or it is really Yucky?

Oh, well. What can I say that haven't been said already. This was awesome, etc, the end was incredible, yadda, yadda, and so on.

Sigh. Again. Why did I lost the end!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

Eff you effin' Movistar. The internet isn't that good, although it has been a good guy.... for now.

I... wanted to thank you. I've not appeared here since January (or was it February?), and that's because I went on vacation, then school started, and I'm on a grade that it is a pain in the rear.

Thank you for writing all of this, and thank you for still sending the PMs.

I wanted to ask a favor. Please, do a one-shot with the narrator, or something. Also, I suggest that you upload this to FanFiction. Everybody has the right to read this awesome story.

So, I think that I said all. I know that it's a short answer, but I always give short answers. Oh, well.

Thank you, and until next time.

-DiZ.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Well, this is the end, then. I will definatly miss it. It made me laugh, hooked on the suspence, throw up and even pass out due to a certain bad egg. But, most of all, it made me reveiw. So, Missingo. Master, I salute you and award you a giant, amazing cake of cakeness for contribution towards comedy. II will be looking forward to your future fics, and may even put up a mini awards ceremony for all the best bits.

EDIT: If you used a plot device to heal your Pokemon for the grand finale, where was the negative effect?

Narrator's pants fell down. lolz

AmericanPi

Write on
Hey there MM! After being glued to my seat for at least two hours while reading the completely awesome, random, and epic final chapters of the Adventure of Adventureness series, I'm finally going to write my last review for this amazing, brilliant series. I wanted to write this review on Friday but got horribly distracted by Memebase, iPad games, and Broken Promise. So here it is: my late final review. Ready, set, go.

<><><>

Overall, I completely loved the final chapters of the series. The Smogon chapter, while not being the final chapter, was dramatic and epic. It contained so much action that I could not stop reading, no matter what. The final chapter of the series was even more dramatic and epic than the Smogon chapter - and that's really saying something. I love how it was a grand reunion and awesome showdown of all the protagonists and antagonists in the series. I also like how you added an epilogue. It certainly wasn't as action-packed as the two final chapters, but it filled a lot of plot holes and tied up loose ends. Great job, MM.

Criticism before praise, as always - honestly, I can't really think of many things wrong with your last chapters. The only two things I can point out are 1.) the POV-switching in the Smogon chapter, 2.) the chaotic battle in the final chapter, and 3.) the final battle between Jack and MM.

1.) It was nice how you provided the readers with insight as to what was going on in the background while Cheeseball battled the Smogon, but... to be honest, it ended up pretty annoying to me having to switch constantly between blasting Smogons with salt water and battling a Smogon with NU Pokemon. I would have liked it better if you completely wrote out the saltwater group first and then transitioned to Cheeseball by saying "As the group was blasting the Smogons with saltwater, Cheeseball was...". I'm not saying I didn't like the epic Smogon chapter (it was my idea, after all) but I would have liked less POV switching.

2.) The melee at the end was definitely very climatic. However, it was also quite chaotic, and it was a bit difficult to figure out what was going on. As mentioned before, I would have been less confused if you had focused on one character's battling from start to finish and then switched to another character's whereabouts.

3.) As other people have said, the final battle between Jack and you was a bit... I dunno, rushed. Don't get me wrong, the battle was still very fast-paced, epic, and contained lots of surprising twists, what with Weedle and all. It's just that I believe this battle should have been longer, considering that it's the very last battle of the epic saga.

<><><>

Criticism over, I'll now proceed to list the many, many things I liked about your final chapters. There are a whole lot of them, because, of course, this fanfic is one of the most hilarious, epic, and wonderful things I've ever read (aside from The Hunger Games, but that's a different story).

1.) I really liked your portrayal of the Smogons, as well as the fast-paced battle between Cheeseball and Lucario's former trainer. You gave Lucario's former trainer Espeon, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn - three brutally overused Pokemon - and made him laugh at Cheeseball for using NU Pokemon. The battle was very well-written, and I loved how at the end Cheeseball proved to the Smogon the Power N.U. (haha, you see what I did there?)

2.) The saltwater blasting certainly added to the tension of Chapter 20. I especially laughed at the mental picture of a water cannon poking out of Miror B.'s afro. Miror B. applying Hammerspace Gel to the Smogon bag was a stroke of genius.

3.) I especially loved the plot twist you gave with the Smogon being Lucario's former trainer. When Lucario started attacking, I thought, "Go, Lucario, teach that cruel beast a lesson!" But I also liked how Lucario decided to spare the Smogon's life. It made sense and was foreshadowed Jack letting MM's Weedle live.

4.) The fact that the final battle contained ALL of the protagonists and ALL of the antagonists was pretty much what made the final battle so... you know... epic. You included so many old characters, some of which I almost forgot, and pitted them all against each other in the last melee of the series. The character entries were very dramatic, my favorite being Roy and Bianca popping out of Miror B.'s afro. Once again, MM, great job.

5.) The final battle between Jack and MM, while slightly rushed, definitely contained nothing but pure win. The music you chose fit the situation perfectly, and I'm glad I got to see so many of the old Pokemon again. As usual, Zoroark used his nice Illusion strategy, Weedle delivered an unexpectedly outstanding performance, and Weezing's combination attacks were incredibly creative. I especially liked the heartwarming ending of the battle, in which Jack refused to let Weedle die. Brilliantly written, just brilliant.

6.) Your cliffhangers! One word: Best. Cliffhangers. Ever. I swear, the moment I read to the end of the final chapters, the cliffhangers really made me want to read more. Really, your cliffhangers are almost as good as Suzzane Collins's, and that's really saying something. Great job MM.

7.) But best of all was the return of all the running gags. I liked how you let most of them appear for one last time, adding a nice comedic element to the final battles. Mr. Reflect (ha! I knew there was one Psychic attack you forgot), Sludgehair, Babydex, and Giant Fighting Robot, among others all made perfect final appearances. Two words: Pure Awesomeness.

<><><>

I really, really liked your final chapters, and I think they were the best in the whole of this two-and-a-half year-old series. And that's saying something. Needless to say, I'll really miss this wonderful fic. It never failed to give me so many hours of pure, wholesome fun; awesome and hilarious laughs; and exciting, suspenseful epicness. You won't believe how much light this fic put into my life, as well as the lives of many other people. Every word, every chapter, every single moment in The Adventure of Adventureness will be cherished and remembered forever in my heart.

Missingno. Master, you've definitely come a long way. Back in 2005, you were that one author whose fics always got criticized, closed, and got you banned. Thank you for not giving up your writing. You've improved so much over the past few years and rose from an un-funny, inexperienced author to the funniest, best author on Serebii. I wished that The Adventure of Adventureness would go on, but alas, all good things must come to an end. But as I said, even though this wonderful fic is over, my memories of Jack and co's adventures will live on.

Good luck on 404 Error. I'll be sure to read it and leave a review as soon as I can, and I hope you continue delivering awesome moments of hilarity to many people on Serebii.

Once again, MM, thank you.

~ Arti ;144;

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
And, so, it finally ends. The most popular of the fanfics finally reaches its unavoidable end. I hope you understand, Missingno. Master, how much of an impact this little creation here has had; although I suspect that the series' fanbase is often looked upon as childish (and, in an honesty, we probably are), but that does not detract from the sheer creativity and comedy that it the Adventure of Adventureness series.

At the heart of my Serebii activity, (which was still exceptionally little and often involved moronic bouts of sheer stupidity when bored) this was my go-to thread. At one point not so long ago, my post count here surpassed everyone else save yourself. This made it to my bookmarks bar, as my form of access to Serebii forums. This thread has far and away the greatest number of comments, due to the open nature of your writing, with the suggestions that you so commonly accepted early on, and the silly gags that comprised much of your comedy, drawing in the immature crowd at times.

However, I cannot help but feel that you rushed the final chapter due to complaints about the lagging speed of the story, with the Miror Bunker-centered chapters of essential filler.

In any case, this fic's fabulous popularity truly speaks for itself; nothing I can truly say will capture that. There is merely one final thing to say:

Thank you.
Thank you for a hilarious, stupidly funny ride. I wish you the best of luck in the future, and the greatest of successes to follow. Farewell.
Well, thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

P.S.: The FireRed/LeafGreen version of that battle music is much better. Sorry bro, but gotta say it.
Of what battle music? Not the one in the Jack vs. me final battle, FR/LG didn't have the G/S/C Champion battle music.

If that's what you want to believe. :)

Huh. Good theory, I just might go with that if need be.

Congrats on finishing your fic. Great effort! :) I'm really digging the narrator's character because I think he's really amusing.
Thanks.

Ooh, cake! Of cakeness! And I look forward to this mini awards ceremony. Actually, I'd like to hear from everybody on what they think were the best and/or funniest parts of the series.

And since I am the author, I exercised my authorly power when activating the plot device and canceled out the negative effect.

Sigh. I... cannot forgive myself. I missed the last chapters of one of the greatest series ever seen in Serebii.
You didn't miss it, really. You're here, commenting on it, aren't you? I've always said it's never too late for someone to comment on any chapter. If you liked a certain chapter, no matter how far back it was, nothing's stopping you from saying so.

So.... WHAT WAS THE NARRATOR'S NAME!?
Not telling. :)

.....Or it is really Yucky?
If you want to run with that theory, go right ahead.

Oh, well. What can I say that haven't been said already. This was awesome, etc, the end was incredible, yadda, yadda, and so on.
Thanks.

Sigh. Again. Why did I lost the end!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
So you didn't read it until a few days after I posted it. Not a big deal.

Thank you for writing all of this, and thank you for still sending the PMs.
You're welcome.

I wanted to ask a favor. Please, do a one-shot with the narrator, or something. Also, I suggest that you upload this to FanFiction. Everybody has the right to read this awesome story.
A one-shot with the narrator isn't a bad idea. I'm actually considering doing special mini-chapters, detailing past events that never actually got narrated within the story, such as Roy getting his first Pokémon, or Zook's battle in Striaton Gym.

Narrator's pants fell down. lolz
lolz indeed. :)

Hey there MM! After being glued to my seat for at least two hours while reading the completely awesome, random, and epic final chapters of the Adventure of Adventureness series, I'm finally going to write my last review for this amazing, brilliant series. I wanted to write this review on Friday but got horribly distracted by Memebase, iPad games, and Broken Promise. So here it is: my late final review. Ready, set, go.
Oh, boy. :)

Overall, I completely loved the final chapters of the series. The Smogon chapter, while not being the final chapter, was dramatic and epic. It contained so much action that I could not stop reading, no matter what. The final chapter of the series was even more dramatic and epic than the Smogon chapter - and that's really saying something. I love how it was a grand reunion and awesome showdown of all the protagonists and antagonists in the series. I also like how you added an epilogue. It certainly wasn't as action-packed as the two final chapters, but it filled a lot of plot holes and tied up loose ends. Great job, MM.
Thanks!

Criticism before praise, as always
Of course.

honestly, I can't really think of many things wrong with your last chapters.
Oh, good!

The only two things I can point out are 1.) the POV-switching in the Smogon chapter, 2.) the chaotic battle in the final chapter, and 3.) the final battle between Jack and MM.
That's three things. :)

1.) It was nice how you provided the readers with insight as to what was going on in the background while Cheeseball battled the Smogon, but... to be honest, it ended up pretty annoying to me having to switch constantly between blasting Smogons with salt water and battling a Smogon with NU Pokemon. I would have liked it better if you completely wrote out the saltwater group first and then transitioned to Cheeseball by saying "As the group was blasting the Smogons with saltwater, Cheeseball was...". I'm not saying I didn't like the epic Smogon chapter (it was my idea, after all) but I would have liked less POV switching.
You make a good point. Looking back, I suppose constantly going back to the drenching of the Smogons wasn't all that necessary.

2.) The melee at the end was definitely very climatic. However, it was also quite chaotic, and it was a bit difficult to figure out what was going on. As mentioned before, I would have been less confused if you had focused on one character's battling from start to finish and then switched to another character's whereabouts.
Also a good point. I suppose that since the whole thing was intended to be a chaotic event in the first place, I kinda wanted it to come across as such.

3.) As other people have said, the final battle between Jack and you was a bit... I dunno, rushed. Don't get me wrong, the battle was still very fast-paced, epic, and contained lots of surprising twists, what with Weedle and all. It's just that I believe this battle should have been longer, considering that it's the very last battle of the epic saga.
I see what you mean. It didn't take too long for that battle, did it?

Criticism over, I'll now proceed to list the many, many things I liked about your final chapters. There are a whole lot of them, because, of course, this fanfic is one of the most hilarious, epic, and wonderful things I've ever read (aside from The Hunger Games, but that's a different story).
You flatter me. You really do.

1.) I really liked your portrayal of the Smogons, as well as the fast-paced battle between Cheeseball and Lucario's former trainer. You gave Lucario's former trainer Espeon, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn - three brutally overused Pokemon - and made him laugh at Cheeseball for using NU Pokemon. The battle was very well-written, and I loved how at the end Cheeseball proved to the Smogon the Power N.U. (haha, you see what I did there?)
I see what you did there. :) And I had already determined that the Smogon was going to start with a Ferrothorn the moment I had decided that one of the Smogons would battle one of the characters.

2.) The saltwater blasting certainly added to the tension of Chapter 20. I especially laughed at the mental picture of a water cannon poking out of Miror B.'s afro. Miror B. applying Hammerspace Gel to the Smogon bag was a stroke of genius.
Little semi-correction there. Not even sure if it's something to be corrected or if I'm just misreading this bit. Miror B. didn't apply Hammerspace Gel to a bag while knowing he was going to use it to contain the Smogons. In the flashback, he wiped the excess Hammerspace Gel on the insides of a nearby paper bag just to get it off his hands, and he just kept it for all those years.

3.) I especially loved the plot twist you gave with the Smogon being Lucario's former trainer. When Lucario started attacking, I thought, "Go, Lucario, teach that cruel beast a lesson!" But I also liked how Lucario decided to spare the Smogon's life. It made sense and was foreshadowed Jack letting MM's Weedle live.
I couldn't possibly write Lucario murdering the Smogon, no matter how much he had it coming.

4.) The fact that the final battle contained ALL of the protagonists and ALL of the antagonists was pretty much what made the final battle so... you know... epic. You included so many old characters, some of which I almost forgot, and pitted them all against each other in the last melee of the series. The character entries were very dramatic, my favorite being Roy and Bianca popping out of Miror B.'s afro. Once again, MM, great job.
Thanks.

5.) The final battle between Jack and MM, while slightly rushed, definitely contained nothing but pure win. The music you chose fit the situation perfectly, and I'm glad I got to see so many of the old Pokemon again. As usual, Zoroark used his nice Illusion strategy, Weedle delivered an unexpectedly outstanding performance, and Weezing's combination attacks were incredibly creative. I especially liked the heartwarming ending of the battle, in which Jack refused to let Weedle die. Brilliantly written, just brilliant.
I wanted to use that battle to give some of Jack's less-used Pokémon one last chance to shine. I originally considered Simisage and Basculin for that battle, but then I realized that Sunflora hadn't been used in ages, and Jack's new Qwilfish, if not used in this match, would never have been seen battling under Jack's ownership in this fic.

6.) Your cliffhangers! One word: Best. Cliffhangers. Ever. I swear, the moment I read to the end of the final chapters, the cliffhangers really made me want to read more. Really, your cliffhangers are almost as good as Suzzane Collins's, and that's really saying something. Great job MM.
Thank you!

7.) But best of all was the return of all the running gags. I liked how you let most of them appear for one last time, adding a nice comedic element to the final battles. Mr. Reflect (ha! I knew there was one Psychic attack you forgot), Sludgehair, Babydex, and Giant Fighting Robot, among others all made perfect final appearances. Two words: Pure Awesomeness.
Just like how Jack's last battle included a lot of his lesser-used Pokémon, I wanted to get in as many of the past running gags as humanly possible.

Mr. Reflect- I KNEW there was one move I missed! Well, that and Heart Stamp.

I really, really liked your final chapters, and I think they were the best in the whole of this two-and-a-half year-old series. And that's saying something. Needless to say, I'll really miss this wonderful fic. It never failed to give me so many hours of pure, wholesome fun; awesome and hilarious laughs; and exciting, suspenseful epicness. You won't believe how much light this fic put into my life, as well as the lives of many other people. Every word, every chapter, every single moment in The Adventure of Adventureness will be cherished and remembered forever in my heart.

Missingno. Master, you've definitely come a long way. Back in 2005, you were that one author whose fics always got criticized, closed, and got you banned. Thank you for not giving up your writing. You've improved so much over the past few years and rose from an un-funny, inexperienced author to the funniest, best author on Serebii. I wished that The Adventure of Adventureness would go on, but alas, all good things must come to an end. But as I said, even though this wonderful fic is over, my memories of Jack and co's adventures will live on.
It's remembering the garbage I used to write that makes me feel really unworthy of all the praise I'm getting for this.

Good luck on 404 Error. I'll be sure to read it and leave a review as soon as I can, and I hope you continue delivering awesome moments of hilarity to many people on Serebii.

Once again, MM, thank you.

~ Arti ;144;
Thanks. I look forward to your 404 Error review, and just... thanks for reading and reviewing this.

And now, I will reveal a number of tidbits about various aspects of this story. Many things, from dropped plot ideas to exceedingly minor details. And some of them may just constitute spoilers of some sort, so be wary of that.

*When I started the Random of Randomness, my original plan was for Jack to get Reshiram in the manner in which he did; after the final battles, the narrator's Liepard would swipe Zekrom's Poké Ball from N and give it to Roy and N would fly off on Archeops, not knowing what happened (the Liepard/Archeops trade wasn't conceived until after the Chatot/Sigilyph romance came to be, and I realized I wanted a third bird on the narrator's lineup to be Chatot's rival); and afterwards, Miror B. would inform the group that the quickest way out of the afro was in Black City, and en route there, they'd take a wrong turn and wind up in the Giant Chasm, and the freak snowstorm would freeze Jack and Roy (this was way before the idea of Misty or Bianca as main characters was even conceived), leaving the narrator to battle and catch Kyurem. I dropped this shortly after writing Bianca in as a major character, realizing that having only the males getting the legendaries would seem sexist.

*Jack's Pokédex was originally going to catch a Solrock, but this was dropped, as it was to take place during the Giant Chasm portion of the story. The one I dropped. 3.3 was going to use Solrock and Golurk to help Jack battle trainers in Black City.

*Jack's last name is Spearow.

*Roy and Hector are twin brothers, but were separated at birth. Neither one of them is aware of this. Hector was never even made aware of his last name.

*A dropped idea for the fourth installment involved the group pursuing Missingno. Master to the glitched version of Kanto, where he was going to try and rally all Glitch Pokémon for his cause. Though I dropped the idea, I never forgot the notion of traveling glitched Kanto, and thus 404 Error was born.

*The fact that Jack and Hector's names match those of Jack Sparrow- sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow- and Hector Barbossa of Pirates of the Caribbean was not coincidental; it reflects their former enmity.

*Missingno. Master's Weedle was bullied by the Kakuna and Beedrill it used to live with for being the smallest and weakest Weedle in the colony. Missingno. Master met it shortly after it had been savagely beaten, and nursed it back to health, forging a solid friendship between the two in the process. Though Weedle fully recovered, it gained a resentment for the rest of its evolutionary line and vowed never to evolve. As a result, while training, it would use up the energy that other Weedle store away for evolution purposes. This went on for so long that while Weedle became impossibly powerful as a result, it eventually lost the ability to evolve at all.

*Roy's Machamp only obeyed Roy to spite Jack, at first. Once Roy left the group, Machamp briefly became unruly upon realizing that it wouldn't be able to taunt Jack anymore. It eventually truly warmed up to Roy, however.

*Jack eventually proposed to Misty, but only after waiting several more years at the narrator's request. She said yes.

*Roy and Bianca got married as well, barely a year after Jack and Misty. When starting to walk down the aisle at her wedding, Bianca tripped on the carpet and tumbled most of the way to the altar.

*Cheeseball's Pokédex never got over losing 3.4 to 3.3. Its incessant whining became increasingly annoying to Cheeseball until he, realizing that as a Gym Leader, he no longer actually needed a Pokédex, had it reprogrammed into a garage door opener.

ChaosMudkip

Tepig Hunter
No, I mean general champion music. There is a bit of a debate among the Pokemon battle music fans over which of the champion theme's is the best: Blue's or Red's.

AmericanPi

Write on
Ah, must have missed the part where Miror B. smeared the rest of the gel into the bag... but the bag was still a great way to store all those Smogons. ;)

The fact that Jack and Hector's names match those of Jack Sparrow- sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow- and Hector Barbossa of Pirates of the Caribbean was not coincidental; it reflects their former enmity.

Oh, so THAT'S why Jack and Hector are Jack and Hector! I totally thought their names were just random. I don't know Pirates, so I didn't get the reference. Thanks for letting me know though.

I also like the little backstory behind Weedle, as well as how Cheeseball turned his Pokedex into a garage door opener. And the part about the pirouette robot literally made me laugh out loud. :D

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
No, I mean general champion music. There is a bit of a debate among the Pokemon battle music fans over which of the champion theme's is the best: Blue's or Red's.
Ah, OK, yeah, I see. Me, personally, I like both. But I already used the B/W version of the R/B/Y/FR/LG champion music for the final battle of the Pokémon League back in the Random of Randomness, and I wanted to go for something different.

Oh, so THAT'S why Jack and Hector are Jack and Hector! I totally thought their names were just random. I don't know Pirates, so I didn't get the reference. Thanks for letting me know though.

Well, that's why Hector is Hector, anyway. When I came up with the name for Jack, I hadn't thought anywhere remotely close to this far ahead, and just went with the first name that popped into my head.

TheDarkDragons

Mega Blastoise
I was so dissapointed when I thought I couldn't post. Then I realized I wasn't signed in XD

I meant to post here after Chapter 19-ish, but I never had time to because of lots of homework. Overall, I can't say how much I enjoyed reading this. I tried to read all the comments but in the end the story was just too good to read all the other stuff. So the good thing about reading it late was that I got to read chapters. But I missed all the Trainer Tips they were talking about T_T . The music links were probably epic, but I couldn't listen to them since I read most of it on my Kindle. I would read it again, but I stayed up late reading this, and I don't think I can afford to right now. But I will come back to this story. The final chapter... There are no words to describe it. Not epic. Not epic of epicness. Not even epic of epicness of epicnessness. Esecially the music. I didn't have the heart to finish it on my Kindle, knowing that it would probably have a link. A ;479; for including my favorite battle musics mixed. If you had put in Primal Dialga's, I would have given you ;479-w;;479-h;;479-s;;479-c;;479-f;. But I suppose it wouldn't have been fitting for chaos. Oh, well, I'll be keeping a eye on 404 error. To bad Cheeseball never said anythig about Red's whereabouts...