• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventures Of The Chosen One

Inferno792

Food Wars
The Adventures Of The Chosen One

Hello everyone, I am Inferno 792, an author who likes writing as well as reading Pokemon Fan fictions.

Summary : Ash Ketchum starts his Pokemon Journey to become a Pokemon Master. As he progresses on his journey, he will meet new people and Pokemon, make new friends and our hero will realize that he is Chosen by 'The Father Of all Pokemon' as the one to maintain peace and justice in the Pokemon World. Mixture of AU and canon. AshxCynthia(Rayshipping) / AshxLeaf(Furthershipping)

Characters : Ash Ketchum/Satoshi, Cynthia/Shirona, Leaf, Brock/Takeshi.

Author: Inferno792
Language: English, Rating: Rated: T
Genre: Adventure/Romance

Note : Ash is 13 years old in this story. The reason I made Ash 13 is because there will be romance in this story every once in a while and another reason is that according to me, 10 years old leaving out to journey the dangerous world on their own is way too foolish. And this will also help Ash be in the same age group as some really good characters(mainly females). In this fic, Ash is smart, handsome and will discover that he has the ability to use aura. This fic will have Rayshipping and Googleshipping/Furthershipping. I am not sure about should it be Leaf or Giselle, so I will create a poll when I reach the point where I have to make a choice. Ash will be more independent in this story. He will have travelling companions but he will be smart enough to survive on his own if need be. Ash will catch more Pokemon than he did in canon(Not too many but more than he did in the anime) and most of his Pokemon will evolve. (There are exceptions).

Chapter 1 :
The Journey Begins

Ages :

Ash – 13

Leaf – 13

Gary – 13

Cynthia – 13

Speeches :

"A" – Normal Human Speech

'A' - Thoughts

'A' – Telepathic Speech / Aura Speech

Everyone has a dream that fulfils their heart, a journey they must take, a destiny to fulfil. In a World full of hope and happiness, there exist creatures known as Pokemon.

The Pokemon World is an astounding place that almost defies description with it's abundance and grandeur, and of course, Pokémon. Flying high above the clouds, swimming deep under the sea, and roaming the rolling expanse of it's beautiful lands. They can be found everywhere you look.

Some people like to keep Pokemon as pets. People can capture Pokemon to be more than just pets. Human trainer and their Pokemon compete against others, in an amazing contest of skill and strategy and the best trainers one day, become Pokemon Masters.

In Pallet Town of the Kanto region, which is known as the town of A 'Pure White Beginning', we find a thirteen year old young man, named Ash Ketchum, who dreams of becoming the greatest Pokemon trainer, a Pokemon Master. The dream of becoming a Pokemon Master burns brightly for many, but none more so, than Ash Ketchum! He has pledged to become the greatest Pokemon Master and catch the strongest Pokemon in the world.

Today is the day Ash starts his Pokemon journey, and also get his first Pokemon from Professor Oak, the Town's Pokemon Expert. Professor Samuel Oak, is the person who gives beginning trainers in Kanto, their very first Pokemon. He was well known for his Pokemon research throughout the world and was also known to have written several famous Pokemon poems.

Ash woke up from his slumber in his bedroom, which had many Pokemon plushes lying on the floor and on the bed, as well as many posters of Pokemon sticking on the walls of his bedroom. 'Today's the day I start my journey and get my first Pokemon.' Ash had a huge smile on his face as he got up from his bed, and went to the washroom to have a shower. He got dressed and walked down the stairs to the living room. Ash was wearing a blue jacket with white collar and sleeves with a black undershirt, blue jeans along with green fingerless gloves and a white and red, official Pokemon League hat.

In the living room, a woman with amber eyes and auburn hair was sitting on the couch watching T.V.

"Good morning, Mom!" Ash greeted his mother as he sat on the chair by the dining table.

"Good morning, honey." Delia Ketchum, Ash's mother replied switching off the T.V and walking towards the kitchen. "Have you decided which Pokemon you will choose as your starter?"

"I don't know. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, any one of them would make a great Pokemon partner." Ash trailed off, dreaming about battling with one of the three starter Pokemon of the Kanto region.

Ash's mother quickly readied Ash's breakfast and kept it on the dining table in front of Ash, and he immediately started eating. After he finished his breakfast, he made his way to the door and started putting on his shoes, which were white with black stripes on either sides of it.

"Ash, I am so proud of you. You are finally going to fulfil your dream and start your Pokemon training. I am going to miss you so much! Oh, my little boy." Delia walked over to Ash with his backpack, covering her face with it, so as Ash couldn't see her sad face and continued "I packed your sneakers and jeans, nice clean shirts and underwear, you wallet which I filled with money, your favourite snacks and some hot chocolate, in case you want something hot but be careful not to burn yourself. I also packed a pair of rubber gloves to do your laundry and -"

Delia was cut off as Ash quickly snatched the backpack from his mother's grasp. "You are embarrassing me, mom. Don't you know I am a big kid now?! I am a Pokemon trainer from today, and Pokemon trainers can take care of themselves." Ash rubbed the back of his head sheepishly in embarrassment. He counted himself lucky that his mother never said these things in front of his friends.

Delia gazed at Ash with teary eyes as she thought. 'Oh, my Ashy is growing up so fast. If time keeps on passing so quickly, I will become a grandmother in no time.' She hugged Ash tightly as a tear fell from her eye on Ash's shoulder. "Please be careful, Ash!"

Ash could feel the love in the hug as he too was sad to leave her mother but he knew he had to pursue his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master and there was no other way to do it, other than go out and journey through the world and catch Pokemon and train them to be the strongest they could be. 'I will make you proud by becoming the greatest of them all.' Ash thought as he clenched his fists in determination.

Delia finally pulled out of the hug, kissed Ash on the cheek and handed Ash his backpack. "Goodbye, Ash! Call me whenever you need any money or have a girlfriend. And don't forget to change your underwear every single day."

Ash's face went beet red after her mom's statement about having a girlfriend. He didn't think he would be having a girlfriend on his Pokemon journey as he would be too committed on fulfilling his dream. But it wouldn't be a bad thing if he had a girl with whom he could share his secrets, happiness as well as pain and despair.

"Oh! Ash! Be careful! Officer Jenny issued a warning recently that there is a group of wild Beedrill in the area! It's very dangerous outside Pallet Town now!" Delia warned him with a stern look on her face.

"I'll be careful, Mom! Goodbye!" Ash gave his mother a warm smile who returned it and Ash left his house at the age of thirteen to finally begin his adventures in the World of Pokémon.

Ash walked through the serene and tranquil dirt roads of Pallet Town as the cool breeze passed throughout his body making his raven hair blow. He could hear the chirps and cries of the various Pokemon that resided in the vicinity of the town of Pallet.

After a few minutes of walking, Ash reached a double floored building with a wind turbine beside it.

The lab had many different environments for the correct development of all kinds of Pokémon. There were areas of grass, sand, rocks and lakes to promote good interaction between the different types of creatures. The laboratory had the technology to keep Pokémon healthy, and to make the largest scientific investigations in the country.

Ash entered Professor Oak's lab and immediately saw a brown haired boy and a brunette girl along with Professor Oak, standing around a round machine which had 3 Pokeballs in it. Ash recognized the boy as Gary Oak, the grandson of Professor Oak and the girl as Leaf, his childhood friend.

Gary stood one inch taller than Ash, having light brown hair and black eyes. He was wearing a purple full sleeved t-shirt, blue jeans, a chain around his neck and brown shoes.

Leaf was a couple inches shorter than Ash having brown eyes, and brunette hair, that beautifully came down to her back. She was wearing a light green, sleeveless blouse, red skirt along with a white, round hat, green socks and white, laceless shoes.

As Ash walked towards the trio, Gary picked up a Pokeball with the symbol of a blue water droplet on it and Leaf picked the one with the leaf symbol on it.

"So Ash, you have finally arrived to pick up your starter, eh?" Professor Oak chucked as he saw Ash join Leaf and Gary, near the machine.

"Yes, Professor! I am ready to get my first Pokemon and begin my journey to reach the top." Ash replied with a determined look in his eyes as he pumped his fist in the air.

"So you finally decided to show up Ash-boy?!" Gary smirked arrogantly as he started to roll his Pokeball on his index finger to show off.

Ash frowned as a vein appeared on his forehead. "Don't call me that Gary!" Ash yelled in annoyance. "Which Pokemon did you get anyways?"

"It's none of your business. If you would have showed up earlier, you would have seen that I got the best Pokemon from my Grandpa. It's good to have a grandfather in the Pokemon business, isn't it?" Gary smirked, and Leaf punched him in the chest, taking the brown haired teen totally by surprise, who now started coughing.

"You are annoying, Gary." Leaf stared at Gary for a moment before turning her gaze to the raven haired boy. "Hey, Ash! Wanna see my Pokemon?" Leaf greeted leaning forward.

"Oh, Hi Leaf! Yes, i would love to see it. Which one did you get?" Ash asked curiously as Leaf tapped the Pokeball in her hand and a green four-legged creature came out of the ball.

"Saur Bulbasaur." The Pokemon cried out before walking towards leaf and nuzzling her leg.

"Wow! That's a Bulbasaur." Ash stared at the Bulbasaur in admiration as Professor Oak and Leaf chucked at Ash's reaction and Gary frowned.

'Why did she have to show him her Bulbasaur?' Gary thought.

Bulbasaur was a small, quadruped Pokémon with green skin and dark green patches throughout it's body. It had thick legs, each end with three sharp claws. Its eyes had red irises, while the sclera and pupils were white. Bulbasaur had a pair of small, pointed teeth. It has a bulb on its back, grown from a seed planted there at birth.

"Isn't it the cutest thing?" Leaf took her Bulbasaur in her arms and petted it as Bulbasaur gave a cry of joy.

"Ash, It's time for you to get your starter Pokemon." Professor Oak stated getting Ash's attention as he ran towards Professor Oak in excitement and took hold one of Professor's arm.

"Where's my Pokemon, Professor? Is it a Charmander, a Bulbasaur or a Squirtle." Ash asked out of curiosity, imagining how any one of those three would be a a perfect companion for him.

Professor Oak removed a Pokeball with a lighting symbol on it from the pocket of his lab coat and enlarged it "Now, now Ash! Don't be so impatient. Your Pokemon is right inside this Pokeball. It's a Pokemon I caught recently. I warn you though. This Pokemon is not very friendly to humans, and it is very difficult to handle. Are you sure you want it?"

'So what would you do, Ash? I kept this Pokemon specifically for you to try and test your skill as a trainer. You have always been the one to come up with great strategies when I taught you about Pokemon. Let's see if you can live up to my expectations!' Professor Oak thought, smirking internally.

Ash looked at the Pokeball intently, and without any hesitation in his voice, he spoke. "Yes Professor, I will take it."

Professor Oak grinned as he was delighted that Ash had accepted the challenge of raising a Pokemon which hates humans. "If you say so, Ash. Don't tell me I didn't warn you."

Professor Oak tapped the Pokeball once, and after a bright flash of yellow light, a yellow mouse Pokemon with long pointy ears came out and stood in front of Ash. "Pikachu!" The Pokemon said calmly.

Pikachu was a short, chubby rodent Pokémon. It was covered in yellow fur, and its ears were long and pointed with black tips. It had a small mouth, brown eyes, and two red circles on its cheeks. There were pouches inside its cheeks where it stored electricity. Its forearms were short, with five fingers on each paw, and its feet had three toes. It had two brown stripes on its back, and its tail was in the shape of a lightning bolt with a patch of brown fur at the base.

"It's name is Pikachu!" The Pokemon Professor said as he took a couple of steps backwards without Ash noticing.

"It's so cute, it's the best of them all!" Ash exclaimed enthusiastically, picking up Pikachu in his arms.

"It's really cute." Leaf squealed as she quickly walked towards Ash and Pikachu. Gary stared at Pikachu, trying to study it.

"You'll see how cute it is!" Professor Oak said confusing Ash and Leaf as well as Gary.

Ash shrugged it off and hugged Pikachu, much to the displeasure of the little electric mouse. "Hi, Pikachu!" Ash greeted and immediately, he was shocked by Pikachu. Pikachu's electric shock startled Leaf as she fell on her butt.

"It's also known as electric mouse. It's usually shy but can sometime have an electrifying personality." Professor Oak explained as Ash was getting shocked by Pikachu.

"I … see what … you mean" Ash mused after the electric shock, finally experiencing a real Thundershock from an electric-type Pokemon.

"Shocking isn't it?" Professor Oak chuckled before walking off and picking up 2 red and one pink machine from the desk.

"Ash, are you okay?" Leaf asked worriedly as she walked to the toasted teen.

"I have been better. But thanks for asking!"

Gary stared in annoyance at the two trainers and he clenched his fists. 'Why does she even care for him?'

Professor Oak came back to the three rookie trainers and handed one machine to each of the trainers, Ash and Gary getting the red ones while Leaf received the pink one.

"These are Pokedex. They contain information Pokemon that you'll encounter on your journey. They also serve as your identification as Pokemon trainers." The Professor explained to the three beginning trainer who all nodded in unison.

"And these are empty Pokeballs. You can catch wild Pokemon in them. You can only keep upto 6 Pokemon with you at a time. When you catch any more than six, they will sent to my lab. So, don't worry if your Pokeball disappears after you have caught more than six." He also removed several Pokeballs from his pocket, and handed five each to Ash, Leaf and Gary and continued "I wish you good luck on your journey! Be careful and catch as many Pokemon as you can. Your very own Pokemon journeys begin now!"

Ash finally got to see Gary's starter, which was a Squirtle. Leaf returned her Bulbasaur to her Pokeball after scanning it. She came to know that her Bulbasaur was female. Meanwhile, Ash pointed his Pokedex towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu, the Electric Mouse Pokémon. It can generate electric attacks from the electric pouches located in both of its cheeks. It's attacks are : Thundershock, Agility, Quick Attack and Double Team. This Pikachu is male. It's ability is Static. Static may paralyze the opponent on contact."

"Those are some awesome moves." Ash placed the Pokedex in his pocket and threw Pikachu's Pokeball towards him but he slapped the Pokeball with his tail and it went back to Ash, who caught it.

"Why doesn't he return to his Pokeball?" Ash tilted his head and asked Professor Oak, who chuckled.

"There are some Pokemon who don't like to be in their Pokeballs. This Pikachu is one of those Pokemon." Professor Oak elucidated to Ash, while Pikachu nodded in agreement. Gary and Leaf also intently listened to Professor Oak's explanation.

After saying their goodbyes to Professor Oak, the three novice trainers walked out of the lab, where Gary's fan girls were waiting for him in a car.

"Hey Leaf, you wanna travel with me?" Gary asked the brunette as they walked down towards the road.

Leaf looked at Gary, smiling and replied. "I am sorry, Gary. I want to travel alone for now. I need to get used to travelling and the best way will be to start off alone."

"Oh, that's fine. Good luck on your journey!" Gary clenched his fists attempting to control his frustration. 'I wonder what would she had said if Ash had asked her.'

"So Ash, are you going to travel alone as well?" Leaf looked back towards the raven-haired trainer, curious to know his answer. Gary was watching them from the corner of his eye.

Ash was having problems dealing with Pikachu as he tied Pikachu to a rope and was literally dragging him. "Yeah!" He replied without even looking at the brunette as he was too busy managing Pikachu.

"Allright… I guess we go our separate ways from here. Bye!" Leaf said and waved to both Ash and Gary as she ran off in the direction of Route 1.

'I hope I meet him again soon.' Leaf thought as she kept her hand on her chest.

"Hey Gary. Let's have a battle when we meet again." Ash held out a hand to Gary who after a few moments, shook it.

"Sure. Just make sure you are at least a challenge to me." Gary smirked as he jumped into his car and it took off.

'You will be surprised, Gary.' Ash thought watching the car go out of his sight.

"Guess, we need to get going as well, Pikachu."

Pikachu just ignored him, as he looked in the other direction, nonchalantly.

Route 1 (Five Hours Later)

Ash had left the serenity of his hometown as he was walking down the path on Route 1. It was a dirt road with several trees and some open fields here and there. It was a quiet route which connected Pallet Town and Viridian City.

Ash was still having trouble getting through to Pikachu as Pikachu was still tied to a rope and being dragged by Ash. He looked at Pikachu as he thought about how to get Pikachu to trust him.

Ash sighed when he couldn't come up with anything. "Pikachu, are you gonna be like this the whole way?"

"Pi." Pikachu closed his eyes, looking away, trying to act cool and ignore Ash.

"Is it because you don't like me?"

"Pika pika," Pikachu nodded.

Ash knelt down to Pikachu's level and spoke, "Well, I like you a lot and since you are the Pokémon I am training, don't you think you could be a little nicer and listen to what I say?" Pikachu began scratching his face with his feet and licked his paw, not paying attention to anything Ash was saying.

"Chaa," Pikachu opened his mouth and yawned.

"Well then, you are just like all Pokémon and you should act like one and listen to me, just like it says here in the Pokédex." Ash grabbed his Pokédex from the pocket of his jacket, pressed some buttons and it began to speak.

"While being trained, a Pokémon is supposed to obey its trainer."

"You see?! I'll get rid of this rope and these gloves. This outta make things better!" Ash stated as he untied Pikachu from the rope and removed the rubber gloves that he was wearing in an attempt to befriend Pikachu.

Ash held out his index finger towards Pikachu. "How's that?" Pikachu ignored him and turned his head in the other direction. "Still not good enough?"

"Pika."

There was silence between the two for a few moments. Ash was looking at Pikachu and Pikachu's face was turned the other way as he glanced at Ash from the corner of his eye.

Suddenly, an angry buzzing filled the air near the trees where they were talking. The buzzing was slowly coming closer to them. Ash spun around, attempting to figure out exactly where the noise was coming from, but it seemed to be coming from everywhere. He couldn't pinpoint it.

"What's that noise, Pikachu?" Pikachu pricked its ears and listened, suddenly interested in the situation.

"Pika…" Pikachu frowned in confusion.

Suddenly, Ash's eyes went wide as his mother's words rang clearly in his head and he realised exactly what he was hearing. He knelt down beside Pikachu and lowered his voice to little more than a whisper.

"Before we left, my mom said something about wild Beedrill. I think they're nesting around here. We should be very quiet. We don't want to startle them," He told Pikachu with a serious expression.

Pikachu scowled angrily. It wasn't taking orders! Not from any human! It clenched its little fists and glared angrily at Ash with electricity leaking and sparking dangerously from the pouches in its cheeks.

"Pika! Pikachu!" it shouted in an irritated tone. Ash raised a finger to his lips in an attempt to hush him as he heard the Beedrill slowly coming closer as if to inspect the source of the noise within their territory.

"Pikachu! Shh! We'll get caught!" he whispered in panic, trying to hush his disobedient starter.

Suddenly, Pikachu froze. Ash stared at it, wondering what was wrong with the little yellow mouse Pokémon as it stared past him to an empty space behind his head. Or, it would be empty if it wasn't occupied.

Ash slowly turned around, expecting the worst. There, hovering in the air, was a bug-type Pokémon armed with sharp-looking spear-like needles for arms, its clear wings flapping furiously and emitting a buzzing noise in order to keep it airborne. Its body was a bright yellow with black stripes and its large red eyes stared at him, just daring him to move as the sharp yellow stinger on its abdomen glinted dangerously.

Without thinking about the consequences of moving, Ash grabbed Pikachu and ran, knowing exactly what the Pokémon behind him was, even though he had never seen them in person before. They were on the news too much for him not to know what they were.

The Pokémon behind him made a series of short, sharp noises. Ash momentarily wondered what it was doing until several more Beedrill came into view, followed by more of them. It had just alerted the rest of the swarm. Ash gritted his teeth and ran faster as Pikachu struggled in his arms.

"Pika pi!" Pikachu protested and tried to get out of Ash's grasp.

"Now isn't the time, Pikachu! We're being chased by a Beedrill swarm! We have to run!" Ash snapped. He took a deep breath and smiled down at the angry Pokémon in his arms. "Don't worry, I'll protect you!"

Pikachu stopped struggling and stared at the human who was carrying him. This human was willing to protect him when he had been so rude to him. Why was he doing this? Humans were bad, weren't they? Yet, this human was helping him! It was inconceivable to the Pokémon.

Meanwhile, a huge white creature sitting on the throne in a massive Hall was watching the event unfold. "I apologize, 'Chosen One' for putting you through this, but this is a test you must complete to earn the trust of your Pokemon."

Pikachu looked behind Ash. The Beedrill swarm were slowly catching up to them. They would never make it to Viridian City in time to avoid the Beedrils. After much struggling, Pikachu managed to slip itself out of Ash's grasp just as they entered the flat grassland that led to the city, causing the young man to skid to a halt.

"Pikachu! What are you…?" He trailed off as he saw the look of determination on Pikachu's face as he turned to face the swarm.

"Pika!" Pikachu growled, its teeth bared and electricity sparking around its cheeks.

"Pikachu… Are you going to fight with me?" Ash asked in confusion.

Suddenly, he raised a hand to his face. Something had just hit him. A droplet of water. Looking up, Ash took notice of the storm clouds above his head. A roll of thunder sounded and everything lit up with a flash of lightning as the rain began to beat down on them and the wind howled.

At the sight of the lightning, the Beedrill slowed to a stop and Ash came to a sudden realisation. A smirk crossed his features and he turned to Pikachu who was still staring at the Beedrill with anger in his eyes.

"Pikachu! They're afraid of lightning! Use Thundershock!" Ash ordered, hoping that Pikachu would listen to him. To his surprise, Pikachu let off a large amount of electricity in the direction of the Beedrill which all parted to dodge the attack.

Suddenly, without warning, a Beedrill broke off from the colony and flew towards Pikachu at full speed. Having not expected the Beedrill to come out into the lightning-filled grassland, Ash and Pikachu were taken aback.

"Oh, no! Pikachu! Dodge it!" Ash commanded. Pikachu attempted to obey, but he wasn't fast enough to stop the stinger at the end of Beedrill's abdomen. After stinging Pikachu with it's stinger, the Beedrill quickly flew back to the swarm to avoid the lightning as Pikachu fell to his knees with venom coursing through its body.

Ash attempted to run to Pikachu but ended up tripping as the dirt became slippery underneath his feet, causing him to crash into the mud. He cried out as pain shot through his right ankle and he knew then and there that he had sprained it.

Pikachu turned around in alarm as he heard Ash's cry of pain and managed to stand and face the Beedrill, electricity leaking from his cheeks in preparation for a Thundershock attack as a bolt of lightning shot down from the sky, striking Pikachu and filling it with power as it attacked the Beedrill in all directions, leaving them nowhere to run and no time to dodge.

Every one of them was struck down, covered with burns. Pulling themselves back up their feet, they began to flap their wings again in an attempt to make an escape from the powerful Pikachu and the young man that he was trying to protect.

After making sure that all of the Beedrill were gone, Pikachu finally let itself collapse, completely worn out and crawled over to Ash, completely drained and worn out with bruises all over his body and Beedrill's venom coursing through his veins. Ash sat up wearily, rubbing his injured leg and picked up Pikachu.

"Well, we beat them."

"Chu," Pikachu nodded before smiling, finally accepting Ash as his trainer and friend.

Ash and Pikachu were laying unconscious on the ground, until the morning sun shined brightly on our heroes. They both opened their eyes and smiled at each other, both happy as the other was safe.

Suddenly, they saw something in the sky. Turning their gazes towards it, they saw a huge and beautiful bird with rainbow-colored wings which were shining brightly as it flew right over the rainbow.

"What's that?" Ash got up quickly, finding that his sprain was only minor, grabbed his Pokédex and pointed it towards the huge avian.

"There is no data available."

"Wow. That means the Pokémon we saw must have been a rare Pokémon. I've read all about the Pokémon from the Kanto region, so that means the Pokémon we just saw is from another region," Ash said excitedly as he had both his fists in front of his chest like the starting position of a boxing match.

"Pika chuu." Pikachu mused, nodding his head in agreement.

Ash looked at Pikachu and realized that the rodent was in a terrible condition. "We need to get you to the Pokémon Center, Pikachu. Let's go!" Ash started walking in the direction of Viridian City.

On his way to Viridian City, Ash and Pikachu came across a river and Ash stumbled upon something. Looking down to see what it was, he saw a blue-coloured oval object. After a couple of moments, he realized that it was a Pokémon Egg.

Pikachu was fast asleep in his arms so he couldn't ask for his opinion. 'It wouldn't be safe to leave this Egg here,' he thought.

After a minute of thinking, he came to the conclusion that he should take the Egg with him and ask someone in Viridian City what to do with it. He kept Pikachu on the ground, opened his backpack and carefully placed the Egg in his backpack. He picked up Pikachu again and continued on his way to Viridian City.

"Well done, my Chosen One!" a voice said in a place known as the Hall Of Origin.

Viridian City

Ash trekked for another half hour through Route 1, and he could finally see Viridian City. It was a city full of greenery as well as modern towers. Ash was able to get a view of the entire City from where he was standing, with Pikachu, still fast asleep in his arms.

'We finally made it.' Ash thought, looking at Pikachu with determined eyes. He needed to get Pikachu to the Pokemon Center as quickly as possible.

Ash made his way down the hill in the direction of the City.

After a few more minutes of walking, Ash finally reached Viridian City. It was a beautiful city with buildings, houses and trees all around it. As Ash marched through the cemented road, a lady wearing a dark blue shirt and tight skirt, having amber eyes and greenish-blue hair stopped him.

"Hold it! Just where do you think you are going with that Pokemon young man?" The lady asked Ash leaning down to his level.

"My Pikachu's hurt, so I have to get it to the Pokemon Hospital right away. We were attacked by a awarm of Beedrills on our way here." Ash stated giving the lady a hard glare.

"Another victim of those Beedrills. We have called the Pokemon Rangers to deal with them. Just show me your identification as a Pokemon trainer and you can go. You see, there have been many reports about stolen Pokemon recently."

Ash remembered Professor Oak say that his Pokedex was his ID as a trainer. "Sure. Here it is." Ash removed his Pokedex from his pocket, pressed a button and showed it to the lady.

"I am Dexter, a Pokedex programmed by Professor Oak for Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. My function is to provide Ash with information regarding Pokemon and their training. If lost or stolen, I cannot be replaced."

The lady returned Dexter back to Ash and spoke "Thank you, and sorry for the trouble. You can get on your way."

"I just remembered about something." Ash spoke confusing the lady, who titled her head.

"Remember what?"

Ash removed the Pokemon Egg he had found and showed it to the Officer. "Do you know whom does this Egg belong to? I found it on my way here."

She quickly went inside and brought out a book which had reports of stolen or lost items. After she checked the reports, she looked back at Ash and said "I am sorry but there have been no reports of a stolen or lost Pokemon Egg. I suggest you keep the Egg until you come across the one who might have lost it."

Ash thought about it for a second before nodding. "Alright Officer. Thank you! I will be on my way now, I need to get Pikachu to the Hospital."

She smiled at Ash who smiled back, and was immediately on his way to the Pokemon Center that he located with the help of the his Pokedex.

Viridian City Pokemon Center

Ash ran towards the Pokemon Center, as soon as it came into view. It was a huge two floored building with Pokeball shaped roof. Ash entered the building and made his way to the counter located in the middle of the massive hall of the Pokemon Center where a pink haired woman was standing. "Nurse Joy, Please, can you treat my Pikachu. It got hurt pretty bad." Before starting his journey, Ash had read about Pokemon Hospitals known as Pokemon Centers.

Nurse Joy wore a white blouse and skirt. She quickly took Pikachu from Ash's arms and called for a stretcher. "Chansey, quickly bring a stretcher for a small electric Pokemon. We have got an emergency." Nurse Joy called out and immediately a Chansey came out and took Pikachu into the Critical Care Unit.

Chansey was a pink, ovoid Pokémon. There were three hair-like growths on the sides of its head, tipped with a darker shade of pink. On the center of its belly was a dark pink pouch that contained a single white egg. Its arms were stubby, and it had small, dark pink feet and a short tail.

"You have to be more responsible. If you want to become a Pokemon trainer young man, you don't let your Pokemon battle till it's in this condition!" Nurse Joy yelled at Ash angrily.

"I am sorry. What can I do to help? I am Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town by the way." Ash told the Nurse clenching his fists in a mix of anger and frustration while his hat was covering his eyes.

"Just leave everything to me. You will have to go the waiting room." She replied calming down a bit before she walked into the Critical Care Unit to heal Pikachu.

Ash went to the waiting room of the Pokemon Center to wait for Nurse joy and Chansey to treat Pikachu. 'How can I be so foolish to let my Pokemon get hurt to such an extent that it was on the verge of death.' Ash thought cursing himself in his mind.

After One Hour

Ash was waiting for Pikachu to be healed as he was sitting on the bench in the waiting room. Ash saw the door to the Critical Care Unit open and Nurse Joy coming out. He quickly got up and ran towards Nurse Joy. "Nurse Joy, how's Pikachu? Has he recovered?"

Nurse Joy looked at Ash seriously for a few moments before she made the victory symbol with two finger and smiled "Pikachu will be just fine, Ash. You got it here just in time. It should be as good as new in a couple of hours."

He felt relieved that Pikachu was fine and promised himself to always protect his Pokemon and never let them get in such a terrible condition again.

Ash remembered about the Egg he had found on his way to Viridian City and decided to ask Nurse Joy if she knew anything about it. He opened his backpack, removed the egg and showed it to Nurse Joy. "Hey Nurse Joy! Do you know what kind of Pokemon Egg this is? I found it just outside Viridian City."

Nurse Joy took a good look at the Egg. She kept staring at the unusual blue coloured Egg before she spoke "No Ash! I am afraid I have never seen such an Egg. You might have found yourself a really rare and special Pokemon Egg. But I can tell you one thing Ash, this Egg looks like it will hatch soon."

Ash was shocked when he heard Nurse Joy say that it is a really rare Pokemon, and to think he found it on the first day of his journey. He was really eager and curious to find out what kind of Pokemon will hatch from the Egg.

Ash controlled his excitement and returned the Egg back in his bag and sat on the bench nearby to wait until he could see Pikachu.

After around two and a half hours, Chansey brought Pikachu to the main hall of the Pokemon Center. As soon as Ash saw Pikachu, he sprinted towards him, and Pikachu seeing Ash, jumped into his arms. "I was so worried about you Pikachu. I am glad that you are all right."

"PikaPi Pikachu." Pikachu shouted ecstatically, happy to be with his first human friend again as he nuzzled his cheek against Ash's.

Suddenly, a girl came running into the Pokemon Center and went to Nurse Joy. She had blonde hair that reached her hips, gray eyes and was wearing a completely black outfit. Her hair covered her left eye and she was as tall as Ash. "Nurse Joy, can you please heal my Gible. She got injured in a Pokemon battle."

"Of course, that's my job." Nurse Joy took Gible's Pokeball and placed it in her healing machine and after healing it, she returned the Pokeball to the blonde haired girl who was standing at the counter.

"Here you go." Nurse Joy said with smile. "Thank you, Nurse Joy." The blonde haired girl thanked the Pokemon Nurse and took her Gible's Pokeball.

The door to the Pokemon Center opened again and a boy with gray hair came inside and walked over to the blonde haired girl. "Hey girl, now give me that Pokemon that you used against me. Gible was it?"

"What? Why should I give you my Gible?" The blonde haired girl almost shouted surprised by the boy's unusual demand.

"What do you mean by 'Why'? You lost to me so quickly hand the Pokeball over before I force you to give it to me! We made a deal that whoever lost would give their Pokemon to the winner." The boy came closer and stared at the girl. This made her feel a little uncomfortable.

"I would never agree to such a ridiculous deal. And besides, you used two Pokemon at once after I defeated your Mankey in our one on one battle."

"I must have forgotten to tell you about that. But that doesn't matter. Every trainer knows that when they lose, they have to surrender their Pokemon. I never said I would use only one Pokemon. You called the rules and I never said I agreed." The boy smirked.

Ash was standing just beside the two trainers and heard the whole conversation. This guy was getting on his nerves. "Hey, knock it off. Who told you that there was such a foolish rule about giving away your Pokemon when you lose." Ash said walking towards the two trainers.

The gray-haired boy clutched on to Ash's collar. "It's none of your business kid. Buzz off before I blast you. Machop, teach this kid a lesson." He threw a Pokeball and a Machop came out of it and took a fighting stance.

Machop was a humanoid, bipedal Pokémon that had gray skin. There were three brown ridges on top of its head, and it had large red eyes and relatively flat face. Its chest had three, thin, rib-like stripes on either side. Its feet appeared to have no toes, while its hands had five fingers. It had a short, stubby tail.

Ash was getting furious after hearing the boy's nonsense. Even Pikachu was annoyed as sparks were flying from it's cheeks. "Bring it on. Pikachu, I choose You!"

Pikachu jumped down from Ash's arms and stood in front of Machop. "Pika-pika-chuuu" Pikachu growled at Machop. "Machop!" Machop yelled showing his muscular biceps in an unsuccessful attempt to intimidate Pikachu.

Nurse Joy noticed that Ash and the boy were about to start a battle and decided to interfere. "Hey kids, you cannot battle in a Pokemon Center. You should go outside and battle. Do you realize just how much damage can be caused to the Pokemon Center if you battle?"

"Let's take this outside punk." The boy grinned at Ash in a challenging manner.

"Whatever you say. Let's get him Pikachu." Ash replied angrily and looked at Pikachu who seemed confident and ready to barbeque the Machop. The gray haired boy went outside the Pokemon Center with his Machop after motioning for Ash to follow.

"Don't worry, I won't allow him to take your Pokemon. That's as bad as stealing. I am Ash Ketchum by the way. What's your name?"

The blonde haired girl was staring at Ash wondering why he would defend her. "Oh… I am Cynthia Shirona. Nice to meet you, Ash." She smiled snapping out of her train of thoughts.

Ash and Cynthia walked outside the Pokemon Center and saw the boy standing near a tree with his Machop. "So you ready to give up your Pokemon?" The boy laughed evilly at the two novice trainers in front of him.

"Shut up, Pikachu let's go!" Ash took out his Pokedex from his pocket and pointed it towards Machop.

"Machop, the Superpower Pokémon. Machop have muscles that never tire no matter how much they exercise. Machop have enough strength to throw 100 average sized adults."

"Machop, use Karate Chop on that little mouse and send it flying." Machop's fist glowed and it charged towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu, dodge and use Quick Attack." Pikachu easily dodged the Karate Chop and ran towards Machop at high speed and hit Machop dead on the chest earning a grunt of pain from the Machop.

The gray-haired boy grit his teeth while Cynthia smiled watching Ash take the lead in the battle.

"Use your Low Kick attack!" The trainer yelled. Machop lowered it's feet and this time hit Pikachu but barely as Pikachu quickly got out of the way after Machop's foor brushed with his gut.

"Use your Thundershock at full power." Ash commanded. Pikachu's cheeked sparked and he sent a wave of electricity towards Machop and hit it causing a lot of damage.

Before the boy could give a command to his Machop, Ash said "Pikachu, let's end this. Use your Quick Attack at Machop."

Pikachu dashed towards Machop at a speed that only a yellow blur could be seen of him and hit it at the gut. Machop didn't even attempt to dodge or block as it was dizzy from the earlier thundershock.

"Maach .. op!" The boy's Machop screamed in agony.

As soon as Pikachu connected with Machop, it fell to the ground unconscious with swirls in it's eyes.

The boy grit his teeth in frustration and recalled Machop. "You got lucky there kid. But you be so lucky this time." He threw three Pokeballs which snapped open to reveal a Weedle, Spearow and Rattata. "Attack that rodent and demolish it you three." The boy shouted in anger at his three new Pokemon who followed their trainer's command and charged towards Pikachu.

Cynthia watched Ash and Pikachu worriedly but Ash just smirked. "Pikachu, show them your power with your strongest Thundershock."

Pikachu's cheeks sparked as he unleashed a full powered shock of electricity which connected with the three Pokemon easily defeating them. The trainer looked at his three defeated Pokemon in shock and horror as he recalled them and ran like he was being chased by a hoard of Tauros.

"Great battle, buddy. Was that Thunderbolt you just used?" Ash opened his arms as Pikachu nodded and jumped into Ash's welcoming arms and hugged his trainer. Cynthia was amazed by how good a trainer Ash was. She walked towards Ash and let her Gible out of her Pokeball. "Thanks, Ash. If you wouldn't have been there, I might have lost my Gible. She is my very first Pokemon."

Ash looked at the blue shark-like Pokemon and he didn't recognize it, so he removed his Pokedex and pointed it towards Gible.

"Gible, the Land Shark Pokémon. Gible once lived in the tropics, and to avoid cold it lives in caves warmed by geothermal heat."

"I have never seen this Pokemon before." Ash said staring curiously at Gible.

"It's because Gible and me are from the Sinnoh region. I am on a vacation with my grandmother. I have been to Celadon City, Saffron City and a few other places with my grandma. So are you going for Pokemon Gyms and then the Pokemon League?"

"Yeah. I want to be the greatest Pokemon Master ever. So I am going to challenge every gym and defeat them. What about you? Are you aiming to compete in the Pokemon League too?"

"Yup. I just got this Gible recently in Sinnoh. I am just starting out on my journey. You look like a good trainer. How long have you been travelling Ash?"

Ash rubbed the back of his head and replied "Well, you see. I just started my journey yesterday."

Cynthia was amazed by what Ash just said. She looked at Ash and Pikachu in awe. "What? You just started yesterday and you have such a strong Pikachu. That's awesome Ash." Pikachu rubbed the back of his head after hearing the compliment from Cynthia.

"So Cynthia, how long would you be in Kanto?" Ash asked the blonde beauty.

"Umm.. I guess I have at least two weeks before we leave for Sinnoh. I have been travelling alone for a week to see the Kanto region before I begin my journey. I really liked it, so I might journey through the Kanto region after I finish my adventure in Sinnoh and compete in the Sinnoh League."

"So why not travel with me until you go back to Sinnoh. You might enjoy it." Ash held out a hand which Cynthia gladly shook, a small hue of red appeared on her face.

"Really? That would be awesome since you are native to Kanto and you could show me around." Cynthia blushed thinking about the idea of travelling with the handsome young man.

"It's settled then." Ash said petting Gible on the head who was enjoying it. "It's almost dark. How about we spend the night in the Pokemon Center and leave for Pewter City tomorrow? There is a Gym in Pewter City and I plan on winning my first badge there."

"Sounds good to me." Cynthia and Ash smiled along with Pikachu and Gible who became quick friends.

They walked into the Pokemon Center together, sat in the waiting room and started talking about each other so as to know each other well. Suddenly, Ash felt something from his backpack and stood up.

"What is it, Ash? Is something wrong?" Cynthia asked the raven haired trainer who suddenly had a serious look on his face.

Without replying to Cynthia, Ash opened his backpack and saw that the Pokemon Egg he had found was glowing brightly. He removed the Egg from his backpack and held it in his hands.

How was it guys? I hope you liked it.

Note : You guys must be thinking that why did Ash's Pokedex recognize Gible and not Ho-Oh.

According to the theory of Pokedex in this story, when someone scans a Pokemon by pointing their Pokedex at a certain Pokemon, the Pokedex identifies the Pokemon by specific things about the Pokemon. For ex : Genetic Data, Feathers, hair, etc.

Ho-Oh is a Legendary Pokemon which is hardly seen by anyone in the modern times, so anything that would identify her by scanning wasn't available to the researchers. The Pokedex does have information on Ho-Oh, which can be available to a trainer by searching for the Pokemon in the Pokedex manually. Hence, the Pokedex recognized Gible, while not recognizing Ho-Oh.

Last edited: