• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventures Of Zack, A Trainer (PG)

The Adventures Of Zack, A Trainer (A.K.A TAOZAT) (Rated PG)
Index
-Foreword
-Episode One- New Beginnings
-Episode Two- Alice captures a Pokemon!
-[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13300547&postcount=5"]The Lilly-Livered Lotad Tormentors!
[/URL]

Foreword.
So... this is the first time I'm actually going to properly do a Fanfic. No matter what other people think, I'm keeping this baby going.
The point is that it's meant to be a continual thing, like the Anime. It's basically the anime, but how I would do it, with different characters and in written (well, typed) form instead of visual.

Please note that this is basically my first ever Fanfic, so by no means am I going to be fantastic yet. But I have studied English for GCSE so I know how to write with considerable knowledge. Basically, what I'm saying is don't be too harsh, but equally don't treat me like a child.

Episode One- New Beginnings
It was tipping it down when Zack awoke that morning. The night before, the rain had started, a large thunderstorm gathering around Littleroot town and the surrounding area. Zack had barely slept all night. He was a light sleeper. Small noises disturbed him, like rustling on leaves outside. He kept his window open because it was mostly too hot in the summer to bear the nights otherwise.

But this storm was completely unpredicted. He'd watched the weather the day before, done by using Pokemon to accurately analyze the weather for the next day. They'd said nothing about a thunderstorm. It was... completely uncalled for. And it made the young, aspiring Pokemon trainer Zack ticked off. He hated not sleeping. And now, on his first day as a trainer, he would be cranky. Great. Professor Birch wouldn't enjoy this sight.

Nevertheless, best to keep going. He wasn't going to be late for his first Pokemon, after all! He already knew who he would choose. To him, it was obvious. Zack rose from his bed and proceeded to do the mundane morning activities that were so common in modern life, such as getting dressed, eating breakfast and preparing his bag. He got dressed in his usual attire, Camo shorts with a green t-shirt with a Marsh Ball emblem on the front. The t-shirt had a brown collar and brown rings around the base of the arms and the t-shirt itself. Zack also stuck his cheap but good quality sunglasses stylishly in his t-shirt, before putting on his shoes, which were green converse-style shoes, but with slight alterations. They were much more robust than normal converse shoes and they didn't have the logo.

Zack's bag had a camo pattern too, and was light yet very spacious. He'd need one like this for his epic journey. It already held three potions, gifts from his friends in Littleroot, Toby and Alice, and one form his mother. His dad was a gym leader, Wallace. But recently his dad had stopped being a gym leader. That confused Zack. He didn't know much about his dad.

It was 8AM exactly when Zack stepped out of his door and started his leisurely jog to Professor Birch's lab. It was still raining very heavily, making Zack sigh heavily. He didn't like rain. But he kept jogging around Littleroot town. He was used to this place. He walked or jogged around it every day. He went past Toby's house. Zack knew his friend would already be ready and almost certainly already at the lab. So he carried on, stopping at Alice's house. He knew she wouldn't be ready yet. She was always very distracted, and chances were, she'd be late today as well. It was Zack's job to make her get up.

He arrived at her door drenched. He knocked on the door three times hard and in quick succession. He heard noises from inside, and the pounding of somebody coming down the stairs. Seconds later, there was a click of the door being unlocked, and then the door swung open.

"Zack! Good to see you! I guess you'll be here to pick up Alice, then?" the voice came from a woman. She was a very warm expression. She was a baker, and Alice's mother. Like her daughter, she had blue eyes and red hair, but the similarities stopped there. Alice was paper-thin, much more like her father, who was a Pokeahtlon leader, whereas her mother was quite chunky and well built. Their taste in clothes was radically different too.

Zack tried to look upwards at Alice's mother, but as soon as he did, his soaking wet hair dripped into his eyes. He grumbled, and turned round, bending over, before shaking his head from side to side like a dog would to get rid of the rain. He then turned back around towards the house.

"Mrs S! Nice to see you too. Yep. I'm here to get Alice. Is she ready yet?" asked Zack.

"Yes, at least she'd better be... ALICE!" shouted Carla Stiller to her daughter.

"Coming!" came a cry from above in the house, followed by some footsteps. Then there was the same thud Alex had heard earlier as Alice came down the stairs. She looked at she normally did, he red hair done into pigtails, and wearing sunglasses on her forehead. She wore a simple purple t-shirt with the Pokeathlon logo on it, and some tracksuit trousers which were navy coloured. Alice liked simple but comfortable clothes. She wasn't a showy over-the-top girly-girl, and was much more refined.

But there was no doubt she was a girl, though. The way she held herself and the things she enjoyed talking about were very feminine things, a stark contrast to Zack's very masculine outlook to life. Toby was... well, he was much weedier than Zack, because his main muscle was his mind. Zack worked evenly on all his muscles, including his brain. He was clever, but not as clever as Toby. Alice was on a par to Zack in terms of intelligence.

"Hey, Alice. You ready eh?" Zack teased.

"Yeah. Wouldn't miss this day!" replied Alice.

"Well then, let's go." Zack said. Alice nodded.

"See you, Mum!" said Alice to her mother, who nodded.

The pair continued Zack's jog, but with more pace than Zack had put into it earlier. The rain was getting heavier, and they didn't want to hang around for long.

They soon arrived at the lab. It was an impressive structure, large, white, glass windows, very hi-tech looking. They'd already seen it plenty of times though. What interested them was Toby, who was waiting by the entrance, sitting just out of the rain, looking bored.

"So, you finally arrived." said Toby.

"Yeah." said Zack "So... why you sittin' out here?"

"The professor's doing some field research. He won't be back until 10." said Toby.

"Damn..." said Alice.

Just then, a little boy came running towards the lab. He saw the three of them and ran towards them at huge speed, and began speaking very quickly.

"Zack, Zack! You gotta help! You too Toby, you too Alice! Professor Birch is in trouble! He's being attacked on route 101 by a huge pack of Poochyena!"

The boy was Zack's little brother, Luke. He too dreamed of being with Pokemon, but he was only nine, not yet old enough to start his adventure. However, he loved spending time looking at Route 101, at all the Pokemon there. He and Zack shared the brown hair, green eyes and medium height that was so common in their family.

"Whoa, Lukie? You sure about this?"

"Of course I am, Zack! Help Mister Birch!"

Zack looked at Alice and Toby. They both looked very determined. They nodded in sync to eachother, before running towards Route 101...

They arrived at the scene in minutes, With Zack, the most athletic, at the front, and Toby, who wasn't very physically fit, trailing behind and panting heavily. There they saw that professor birch was indeed being chased around by a large pack of Poochyena. Birch didn't have any Pokemon on him, apart from in a suitcase which he'd dropped close to where the three were standing now.

Birch noticed them and called to them in a panicked voice.
"Zack! Alice! Toby! In the suitcase! There are three Pokemon! One each, hurry, Heeeeeeelp!"

Zack nodded and rushed over to the suitcase. He flipped it open, revealing three Pokeballs in protective foam. On the foam, beneath the Pokeballs, were the names of the three Pokemon within the suitcase. Zack straight away picked up the middle one.
"Torchic, the Chick Pokemon!" he said triumphantly. He'd wanted this Pokemon for practically forever.

Alice was next, diving for the one on the left, before standing next to Zack and shouting
"Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokemon! YES!"

Finally, Toby, who picked the remaining Pokemon and held it above his head like the other two had done.
"Mudkip, the Mud Fish Pokemon!"

They then shouted "GO!" in unison and threw their Pokeballs. In a flash, the three Pokemon materialized. Zack's Torchic chirped a fierce war cry, Alice's Treecko nodded coolly, and Toby's Mudkip cried cheerfully, just happy to be battling.

"Torchic, use Scratch! Let’s go!" shouted Zack to his new Pokemon.

"TOR!" yelled the Torchic, and it launched itself at the Poochyena, scratching powerful repeatedly. It took out two in just a few seconds.

"Mudkip, use Tackle!" ordered Toby. The Mud fish Pokemon smiled and charged at the Poochyena, clearing them away as if they were skittles.

Finally, Alice's turn.
"Treecko, use um.... Pound!" she said. The Treecko nodded and started hitting the Poochyena repeatedly with its fists.

It wasn't long before the Poochyena were completely out of the pack and lying everywhere or running away. Torchic and Mudkip had done the main damage, but Treecko hadn't done too badly either.

Professor Birch looked round and sighed. His clothes were torn in places, but aside form that, he was safe. He looked very gratefully over at the trio and walked up to them.
"Thank you so much, guys! Thanks for coming so quickly, and thanks for getting rid of those pests so quickly too! Now then, I'm guessing you wanted you first Pokemon today, am I right?"

"Yes, of course! I... I mean Yes, sir." said Zack, a little too excitedly.

Professor Birch chuckled. "Enthusiasm is never to be frowned upon, my dear boy. Well, the Pokemon now by your side are my gift to you. These Pokemon were specially bred for me and have some special moves each! I was going to keep them, but after what you did for me, they're all yours! I'll let you guys figure out their moves for yourself. But... I have not yet stopped with the gifts! Firstly, I'd like you all to have this Pokedex. I'm always in need of new adventurers like yourselves to do research where I can not, and unfortunately, of late, not many youngsters have wanted to start Pokemon journeys. Hopefully, though, you three may start the tradition once more." the Professor then handed them each a shiny new Pokedex before continuing.

"Also, a few little gifts so you can really start your journey properly. Five Pokeballs and Five Potions each, as well as badge cases for Zack and Toby, and a Pokeathlon medals case for Alice. Enjoy!" he handed them these, before heading back towards Littleroot town.

"Once again, thank you! And good luck! Keep in touch!" said the Professor, before walking back towards his lab, suitcase in hand.

Zack turned round to his two friends.
"So... that was pretty cool."

"Uh-huh." said Toby. "Umm... Zack, you know you said you wanted to travel with both of us? Well... uh, I don't wanna do that."

"Oh. Right. Ok... well, I guess we'll see eachother again on various points, right?" Zack looked very visibly disappointed and hopeful.

"Yeah..."

"Well... see ya." Zack said, and his expression darkened and his head fell to the floor.

Toby walked off into Route 101. Zack looked down.
"Zack, listen, it doesn't matter. I'll still be travelling with you..." reassured Alice.

"Yeah, I suppose." replied Zack. He looked up. No point in staying angry for to long. "Well, what are you waiting for, Pokeahtlete? Let's GO!"

And with that, he started running towards their next destination, Dewford Town.

Last edited:

Devil's Apprentice

~Orian Adventures~
So far, it's looking pretty good. One of the things I especially liked is that you said they were going to dewford town, not rustboro, so it won't be a completely Canon story. Also, I know this is just my opinion, but I'm super glad Zack chose Torchic, because Torchic rules! And, my favorite starter is never chosen by the main character.

I'm looking forward to chapter two.
Devil's Apprentice

Thanks for posting, and thanks for the compliments!
Yeah, I appear to have got Dewford Town and Oldale town mixed up.... silly me... anyway, I kinda like Dewford town better anyway now I think of it, because it fits better with the story I have planned.
My favourite starter's Torchic, so I want my main character to go for Torchic. Mind you, Hoenn is the rare occasion where I like all three starters (usually it's just one, and usually it's Fire. It Goes Charamander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar and Oshawott as my favourites.)

Episode Two- Alice Captures a Pokemon!
It wasn't long before Zack got on Alice's nerves. He always did. Except this time was the worse she'd seen him. Ever since he got his Torchic, which he'd named "Olympus" because "The Olympic Games have a Torch at the start, and Torchic's name has Torch in it", he'd been super hyper and super annoying. If she wasn't sure she'd lose to him, she'd battle him. But she was a Pokeathlete and didn't really know how to battle well enough. Plus, Zack’s only Pokemon at the moment was a Fire type, whilst hers was a Grass type. He'd destroy her.

They were currently still on route one zero one, and heading to Oldale Town. From there they'd go to Petalburg City and from there, ask kind old Mr. Briney who'd helped their parents so many times to get to Dewford. Zack wanted to challenge Brawly first, apparently. This did make sense when you thought about it. Zack's Torchic wouldn't be much use against the Rock gym leader Roxanne, but his evolution, Combusken, would have much better luck because it gained the Fighting type when it evolved. As annoying he was, when in a good mood, or when right, Zack was a good tactician. He knew how to give himself the best chance.

Alice didn't, however. She was very bright, but useless at battle strategies and tactics. She, was, however, a good leader and motivator, and an excellent sportsperson. That made her ideal as a Pokeathlete. She could get her Pokemon doing what she needed to do to, and make them work well as a team, and she herself could also do the events whenever it was required.

Alice looked back at Zack, who'd now let out "Olympus". She decided she should probably do the same. After all, she and her Treecko needed to get to know eachother. They'd probably be working together for a long while, after all.

She looked down to her belt. She had a pouch on her left side, which would normally hold a large camera, but she'd adapted to be used for her six Pokeballs. She took out the only one in there for now, her Treecko's one. Then, she smiled, and threw the Pokeball in the air as high as she could. As it flew upwards, she yelled.

"GO, TREECKO!"

Now you're getting excited... she thought to herself. Alice was a calm person by nature. But it was her first day as a Pokeathlete and the excitement was getting the better of her.

In a flash of light, her new buddy showed his face. He nodded at his trainer, before doing an acrobatic leap that made him land on her shoulder.

"Man, that was ace..." she said to him, impressed at his skills. Clearly he'd make an excellent Pokemon for her Pokeathlon if he could do that! Suddenly, her face lit up. "I know, I'll call you Ace! You OK with that?"

"Tree!" answered the Treecko happily as he smiled warmly. Obviously he very much enjoyed being given a name. Alice had heard somewhere that a lot of Pokemon liked nicknames.

Just then, she spotted a Pokemon in the grass that caught her eye. It was a Poochyena, and it was playing tag with a group of the same species. Except it was running really fast, and it just kept going. It had good speed and good stamina. in brief, it was a perfect for Alice. She turned to face Ace, whose expression said the same thing as hers: Let's capture that thing!

"Ace, go, use Pound!" she said, her heart pounding. She'd been given a few Pokeballs as a gift by her dad and mum last night, so she was ready. Ace leaped off of her shoulder and ran with tremendous speed at the unsuspecting Poochyena, before using a powerful Pound attack. The punch landed with force upon the pooch, and it winced with pain, before turning and growling at Ace. It then charged at him, trying to use Tackle, but the Treecko, adept at fighting, was ready. He jumped to the side and landed another Pound on the Poochyena. The dog Pokemon tried to attack back, but by now he was too weak. Alice opened her back and found the Pokeball. She threw it at her target Pokemon, and it opened, sending the Poochyena inside by turning him into some sort of energy, Alice didn't know.

And then, the Pokeball dropped.

It shook around. Once to the side.

Once to the other.

And then, the red light in the middle of the Pokeball turned off. The Poochyena had given up. It was captured.

"YIPPPEEE!!!!" she yelled.

Zack had noticed that she'd been battling, so he was watching. His mouth was wide open in shock.

"Zack, you know, if you open your mouth any wider, your jaw will hit the ground." said Alice, taunting her trainer companion.

"Hmph...meh..." Zack started grumbling to himself. Something about fairness. Alice didn’t care. She hated it, but she'd caught the first Pokemon. She was feeling really smug about that.

They carried on for a little while, going through the route. Route 101 housed no trainers, because none of them thought it was even worth going there due to the weak Pokemon. Eventually, they reached Oldale town. The sun was just setting in the sky, and the sky was red.
"Shepherds' delight." said Zack, citing the famous saying.

They would carry their journey next day. But Alice was tired, and she was sure than underneath his ridiculous enthusiasm, Zack was too. They went towards the Pokemon Center, hoping to rest there for the night. Alice was sure that tomorrow would bring lots of new sights, challenges, and cool things.

She was just happy that she now owned two Pokemon, Ace, and her new Poochyena, who she'd called Pooch.

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
You have to do it in Aerial font, just so you know. And, it's a bit unoriginal...

But other than that, this looks promising. Just use some more colorful description, spice up the story to distinguish it, and you'll be captaining quite the fiction. Good luck!

This is a much longer chapter. because this is similar to the anime, from now on, I'm attempting each chapter to be an episode in length. Also, I'm changing it from "Chapter one" to "Episode one" etc...

chanseychansey- I like Arial font. Hopefully the description in this chapter is more interesting? I hope so, anyway.

Episode three- The Lilly-Livered Lotad tormentors!
Oldale town was really quite nice. Quaint, even. It looked like a traditional medieval English village. It had thatched houses, which had old wood, Zack was pretty sure it was oak. The walls weren't decorated with paint instead keeping their wood colour. The windows looked old, not much more than a single pane of glass. The doors were made of oak, too, with simple, brass handles and a large keyhole.

Life here seemed very similar. Though there was a hotel in the form of the Pokemon Center (which was only more modern inside with the PC), the only people who came here were newbie trainers from Littleroot and sometimes Slateport and Mauvile, who usually stayed for the night as Alice and Zack had, maybe spent a day in the town, and left.

The rest of the population were people who Zack was sure that everyone in the town knew. Alex could see a Smith's forge; a carpenter's house on the edge of town, a small farm, a traditional healer's house- everything you needed for living within a small area like this. Back in Littleroot, there was the trainer school and the lab, and Zack didn't know everyone. Most people, yes, but not to the extent he figured most people from Oldale knew eachother.

"I want to stay here for today." said Zack. It was true. He liked Oldale. He wanted to experience the town a little more before the pair left.

"Ugh... I don't like this place. It stinks of old stuff. I had to sleep in a bed that smelled of old cheese last night..." replied Alice, who simply looked disgusted. Obviously, the community life of Oldale didn't suit her. She was, after all, a very modern person. Zack loved History at school. He loves learning about people in the past. In history lessons, Alice used to daydream a lot. She got distracted really easily.

"Come on, pwease?" Zack did his impression of a baby Poochyena wanting something. It really was rubbish. It didn't work well at all. Zack just ended looking like a Chinese person because he couldn't quite do it. He knew this, but it worked on Alice for some reason. Maybe it was because she pitied him. Yeah, it was probably that.

"Oh, OK. But as soon as I see that sun setting, we leave. Ok?" she replied.

Zack clenched his fist and pulled it towards him on the side of him that Alice couldn't see as well.

"Get in!" he muttered to himself beneath his breath.

The first place they went to was a pond, right in the middle of town. It was quite large. There were Surskit skidding along the surface, but it was clear that things weren't right. Zack knelt down on the bank of the pond. He looked carefully at the bank.

"It's dried up. There's only half the water in this pond that there should be." he said simply, with a slightly worried tone. This was the only freshwater for quite a long distance. If it dried up... where would all the Pokemon in the area come to drink? The whole ecosystem could be under threat?

"How the hell has that dried up?" asked Alice.

"I'd love to know..." Zack pondered.

But both of their trains of thought were interrupted, though, when they saw the next thing. There, in the shallow pond, were a group of Lotad. The leaves on their backs had nearly fully wilted, and they all looked rather depressed, as if they'd given up hope.

Zack took his Pokegear out of his pocket and flipped the screen open. He selected the Pokedex option.
Lotad, the Water Weed Pokemon. Lotad is Grass and Water type and evolves into Lombre. Lotad live in freshwater wetland, such as ponds and lakes. Its leaf on its back is strong, capable of carrying Pokemon on it. However, if there is not enough water around, the leaf wilts, making Lotad weak.
Lotad can have either the Swift Swim, Rain Dish or Own Tempo ability.

"Oh God. We need to get them out of there and freshened up? Oh, dammit! Why did Toby have to choose Mudkip and then abandon us! Grr..."

"Um. Hello?" came a voice from behind them. "What's the matter?"

Zack turned round to see a man standing there. He was very tall, about 6 foot. he was in a mucky apron and was holding a mallet. Zack guessed he was the town's blacksmith.
"Umm... hello. Well, you see, the water in the pond has dried up. The poor Lotad are nearly leaf-less."

"WHAAAAT?" yelled the man, angrily. He then too looked closely into the pond and saw the same thing the two travellers saw. "Who could have done such a thing? We had no idea! By the way, kids, my name is Jackson. We have to find and capture the people who did this! This is no weather condition. Yesterday, the Pond was full. It rained lightly overnight. This shouldn't be happening."

"You mean, some crook's behind this?" asked Alice.

"You betcha, lass. We HAVE to find them!"

"No need to find us, we're right behind you!" came the loud cry of a woman behind them. The group turned round to look at the new voice.

There, in front of them, was a woman. She was in her early twenties at a guess. She wore an odd red hat that look like a woolly hat and a volcano at the same time, and has a large red "M" on it. She had a Red t-shirt with large black jagged sections at the sleeves, collar and bottom of the shirt. There was once again the black "M" on the t-shirt. She also wore a black skirt with red winter boots and thick grey socks. She had ginger hair with brown eyes. She was quite skinny.

Next to her was a man in a very similar costume. There was the hat again, and the t-shirt (although it was much more masculine in its design). But he had black trousers instead. He was medium height and of medium weight, Zack guessed. He had medium length combed brown hair and blue eyes.

At their feet, there Was a Numel. It had a slightly evil grin on its face.

"We're Team Magma!" started the woman.
"Not Team Lava..." said the man.
"The world must all be land,"
"For all creatures to be able to stand."
"Volcanoes!"
"Deserts!"
"Dryness rules!" they said together.
"Mauna!" said the woman.
"Lao!" said the man.
"Num-numel!" shouted the Numel at the end.

"Well that was... interesting..." said Zack.

"INTERESTING! WE SPENT AGES ON THAT MOTTO!" yelled the woman.

"Whoa, Mauna, calm down..." said the guy, flicking his hair to the side.

"Thank you Lao. Anyway, we dried out this pond so that there would be more land!" said Mauna.

"You're the crooks responsible for this?" asked Jackson, shocked.

"Of course. No meddling, OK? Or we'll be forced to crush you." Lao taunted.

"Crush us? No way. Give it your best shot! We won't let you be so cruel to Pokemon. GO, Olumpus!" shouted Zack defiantly. He took out Olympus' Pokeball and threw it. A flash of light, and the fiery chick Pokemon appeared.

"Oh dearie, Mauna, looks like we'll have to battle this squirt." said Lao patronizingly. "Sandshrew, attack!"

He threw his Pokeball, and out came a shrew-like Pokemon with brick-like skin.
Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokemon. A ground type, and the pre-evolved form of Sandslash. This Pokemon has powerful claws and tough skin that is hard to penetrate. However, this Pokemon is very weak against water, as is comes form arid conditions.
Sandshrew can have either the Sand Veil or Sand Rush abilities.

"Go, Slugma!" cried Mauna as she threw her Pokeball. It opened and a slug that look like it was made of lava appeared.

"Hmm... don't know this one either..." said Zack.

Slugma, the Lava Pokemon. It is Fire type and evolves into Magcargo. This Pokemon is only able to sleep in warm places, because if it doesn't, its body will get too cool and it will harden.
Slugma can have Magma Armor, Flame Body or Weak Armor as abilities.

Hmm... so, a ground type and a fire type. Well, I'll fight Fire with Fire, cos it's all I can do! Olympus, use Tackle on that Slugma!"

"Hmm... I don't think I can battle well enough... said Alice, not confident enough to battle.

"It's Ok, Lassie, I'll do it." said Jackson. The bulky Guy threw one of his own Pokeballs, and it revealed a Lotad... but with two legs, two arms and what looked like a beak.

"That's a Lombre, right?" asked Zack.

"Yup, kid. Lombre, use Bubblebeam!"

Olympus and Jackson's Lombre leaped into action. Olympus charged at the Slugma with decent speed. Lombre readied a Bubblebeam attack.

"Sandshrew, use Poison sting!" ordered Lao.

"Shroo!" shouted the Pokemon, and it opened its mouth, firing several thin spikes at the Lombre.

"Slugma, use Rock throw!" yelled Mauna. The Slugma somehow produced a rock inside of itself using the heat and pressure, and spat it into the air, it then swivelled its body, hitting the rock, sending it towards Torchic. But the attack missed by miles- Olympus has already reached the Slugma, and crashed into it, causing a decent amount of damage for such a low level Pokemon.

Meanwhile, the Poison Sting attack hit the Lombre, making him wince from the pain of the attack. Seemingly unfazed, though, the Lombre fired its Bubblebeam. It travelled ridiculously fast, hitting the Sandshrew almost as soon as it was fired. It was powerful, as well. Lao's Sandshrew was catapulted into the air, landing in Lao's arms. It was knocked out.

"Ok, same again, Olympus!"

"You too, Lombre. But aim for that Slugma instead!"

Olympus started running, and Lombre started building up another Bubblebeam attack.

"ARGH, YOU HORRIBLE PEOPLE! HOW DARE YOU DO THAT!" yelled Mauna, angry.

"Um, Mauna? I think it's best to get out of here. Ugh, I hate battling, it makes my beautiful skin all sweaty..." said Lao.

"Ok... THIS ISN'T OVER, OK? Slugma, Smog!" said Mauna.

The Slugma released toxic gases rapidly, creating a smokescreen for Team Magma, allowing them to escape. Once the gas cleared, they were no longer there.

"Damn! Those crooks got away!" said Jackson, angry.

"Well... at least they won't suck the whole pond dry..." said Alice.

"That's true, lass. Well, fortunately, we can refill this pond. Lombre!"

"Lom!" said the Lombre, proud. It used Water gun, spurting out lots of water. Soon, the pond was full again, and the Lotad all looked happy and grateful.

"Wow, Jackson, your Lombre is really cool!"

"Yup. This here guy's been with me for a while. About five years now, eh buddy?"

"Lom!" agreed the Lombre.

"It so useful a Pokemon to have!" exclaimed Zack. "Right, I want one. Are the Lotad in the pond allowed to be captured?" asked Zack.

"Of course!" said Jackson "There are new ones every year."

"Well then, I'm going to catch myself a Lotad!" announced Zack.

A few minutes later, Zack was battling again. Olympus has just used Tackle on Lotad, weakening it. Now Zack was ready for a Pokeball. He picked one out of his Pocket, and pressed the button, making it proper size. He then threw it at the Lotad, and it opened, sending the Lilypad Pokemon inside. The Pokeball rolled around for a bit, but the red light turned off quite quickly, indicating that a capture had been made.

"YEEEEEES!" shouted Zack out of happiness. Olympus started jumping up and down in joy, too. He had a new friend. Zack excitedly ran up to the Pokeball and picked it up, before sending out his newly caught Lotad.

"Tad!" cried the Lotad happily, and it started dancing out of joy.

"Haha. You're mad. Hey, I know! I'll call you Loco! It's Spanish for crazy." he said to Alice, who was standing nearby, watching the battle.

"yes, yes, very good, you caught a Pokemon. Can we go now?" she asked, clearly impatient."

"Ok then!" said Zack. he didn't really care. He's just caught his first Pokemon.

"Bye, Jackson!" hollered Zack to the Blacksmith, who was waving at them.

"Today was great. I battled my first trainer, and I caught my first Pokemon. Awesome!" said Zack, his last word high pitched and almost singing.

"Yeah, well, I caught my first Pokemon before you did. And it's cooler." retorted Alice.

"No way! Lotad is so much better than Poochyena..." argued Zack. They continued bickering as they left Oldale, but both of them knew that it didn't really matter. They'd both started becoming who they wanted to be. They'd had a great day in Oldale, and they hoped that tomorrow would be the same.

Golden Jet

Dark Tamer
this story is looking good but why did the non battler get treeko? me no liekei. other than that it's great