• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Aero Chronicles

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Every single chapter you write is an epic win.

Can't wait 'till Wednesday!

Last edited:

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
Finally, after a week's wait, here is chapter 10. It's about as short as the last chapter, but they should be getting progressively longer from now on again.

X: Alex’s First Task

Maxie, the leader of the Hoenn’s Team Magma, was pacing around his study, more worried than he’d been in a long time. His onetime rival, Archie, the Leader of Team Aqua, was there as well, and had just told him news that he wished he hadn’t heard.

“Are you sure, Archie,” Maxie had said, stopping in front of a window that overlooked Mt. Chimney and parts of Lavaridge Town. To Archie, a water lover who made his home near Lilycove, the view was simple, mindless, unattractive. But to Maxie… oh, Maxie lived for this environment. The heat… the lava… to him, it was beautiful.

“Can we come back to reality for a bit, Maxie?” Archie said angrily, knowing that Maxie had not heard a word that had come out of his mouth. Maxie made a motion with his hand, and Archie continued. “Our spy intelligence in Kanto revelaed that Team Rocket is planning a genetic mutation project, aiming to create a Pokémon that could wipe the continent off the face of the planet. We must send forces over to help stop them.”

At this last statement, Maxie let out a small chuckle. Their organizations were certainly not organized for charitable work, but on the other hand, they had not planned a full scale criminal undertaking since their faild efforts to bring Groudon and Kyogre under their control.

“What are we anymore, Archie?” Maxie says, continuing to stare outside at the lava flowing down the hill. “You couldn’t call us ‘organized crime’ anymore than you could call Giovanni a saint. We’ve both failed in our efforts over the years, and I believe it’s time to put our efforts to rest. There’s nothing we’d be able to do for Kanto, and if we tried, we’d be met with forceful resistance from people who’ve heard of our misdeeds already.”

“You’re giving up?” Archie asked, stepping over to the window near Maxie. He was sweating profusely, not used to the warm weather, but he stood strong. “If you won’t help me in this, I’ll just have to do it on my own.” Without another word, he steps out of the office, slamming the door.

Maxie walked over to his desk, pushing a button on the side as he sat in his luxurious chair.

“Yes Commander?” came the voice of Maxie’s secretary from a speaker on the underside of the desk.

“Tabitha, get me Matthews.” He said, and the connection ended. Minutes later, a young boy came into the, breathing hard and trying to hide it.

“You called for me, sir?” Alex Matthws said, standing up straightt in front of Maxie’s desk.

“Yes, I have a very important mission for you. Please, sit,” he adds, gesturing to the chair in front of his desk. “I have just received word from Archie of Team Aqua that Team Rocket is planning something that could result in the end of civilization as we know it and corrupt the world forevermore. I need you to go there and stop them.”

The shock on Alex’ face was nowhere near the shock in his mind, and for almost five minutes, he cannot speak. Then, finally finding his voice, he addressed his Boss.

“But sir, how would I stop them? I’m not powerful enough to stop an entire Team’s plans!”

“This is not an assignment for destruction, Alex. I need to you find as much as you can about the project at hand. It will be your job to find yourself a truly powerful ally, and use them to destroy the Rockets once and for all, along with their mysterious project.”

“Yes sir,” Alex said. Maxie got out of his chair and moved to the window, letting out a large sigh as he once again watched over the lava flowing through Mt. Chimney.

“Alex, it seems to me that Team Magma’s time is almost over,” Maxie said sadly, as much to himself as to Alex. “We proved in the Groudon/Kyogre conflict that drying the waters to make land would only destroy the world’s natural climate and possibly the world. If Brendan and May had not stopped us, there would have been terrible consequences.”

“Sir, what are you saying?” Alex said as he stood up from his chair and moved to join his leader at the window. “If Team Magma falls, then Team Aqua will be able to expand the water and kill all those people!”

“No, it won’t work that way, Alex. Team Aqua’s time has passed along with ours, and both of us will be gone within a short time.

“But sir, why are you speaking like this? How will we be gone?”

“Alex, the plans I have lain for this organization has led Hoenn to the brink of destruction, and it was barely able to escape. No more will I put my home in danger. Either will we disband, or we will find a different approach to aiding the world.”

For a few moments, Alex stood by his leader at the window in silence. Then, unable to hold his voice any longer, he asked:

“Sir, I still don’t understand exactly what you wish me to do.”

“It’s really very simple,” Maixe said, looking down from the volcano at Alex. “You will find someone who can help you defeat Team Rocket, and in the meantime, you will do as much as you can to bring them down by yourself. You should pack right away, you’ll be leaving in the morning.”

“Yes sir,” Alex said, leaving the room and thinking about who he could possibly find who was strong enough to defeat all of Team Rocket. He had only one idea, and he hadn’t spoken to his brother since he started his Pokémon Journey and joined Team Magma.

He’s the only one who could defeat the Rockets, Alex thought to himself as he began packing his things into the tiny bag he had been given. And I don’t even know if he would help me…

The thought was with him for the rest of the night, until he boarded the airplane the next morning, heading for Saffron.

Will Aero even want to help me?

Alex wakes from his sleep with a start, breathing heavily and sweating. He has just told Aero and Lexa that story before they had gone to bed, but he has left out the parts where Maxie had spoke of disbanding Team Magma.

Alex gets out of his sleeping bag and leaves his tent, walking out into the moonlight. Aero and Lexa’s tent is feet away from his, and by the silence Aero assumes they are asleep. He takes out a Pokéball, and a flash of white light becomes his Combusken. They walk together away from the tent, and Combusken starts a small fire on the ground. They sit around it in silence, Alex thinking more of his task.

“Can I really handle this?” he says, both to Combusken and himself. “I mean, Aero’s definitely powerful enough to defeat Team Rocket, but his job is to defeat the new Pokémon, and just the new Pokémon. I doubt he’ll be willing to try and bring down the entire organization.”

“Busken,” says Combusken, looking into the fire. A noise from behind makes both of them jump, and Lexa steps forward into the firelight, looking awkward.

“Sorry,” she says with a small smile. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Alex says, sitting back mdown and looking into the fire again. “I’m just thinking about stuff.”

“You haven’t really said anything since you told us about your job,” Lexa says, still looking at Alex kindly. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” he says, but Lexa doesn’t buy it.

“There’s something more to what you need to do, isn’t there?”

He looks into her eyes, seeing all the ferocity of her power as a trainer, but also the kindness in her heart. He knows he cannot lie to her.

“Yes, Lexa. There is something else. But I can’t tell you right now. It’s too complicated.”

“By complicated, you mean Aero wouldn’t approve of it.”

He looks up, stunned, but sees that she is smiling again.

“Listen,” she says, not angrily. “I don’t know all the details of your relationship, but I’m sure if you talked to him about it-”

“I can’t yet, Lexa,” Alex says strongly, looking her directly in the eyes. “If I told you everything now, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Well, if you want your brother to trust you, I’d suggest telling him soon.”
“I know, but I-” an explosion from the south interrupts Alex, and all three jump upwards. A ruffled sound comes from Aero’s tent, and he jumps out, Pokéball in hand.

“What was that?” he asks, but his question is answered when they see a spout of lava shoot into the air far to the south, on the sea.

“That’s Cinnabar!” Lexa shouts, as the three trainers and Combusken run to the shoreline. The reach the edge of the beach and can see the island being engulfed by the magma. They cannot see any people, but they are too rational to believe that they were already evacuated. Then, something happens that chills their bodies to the bone.

A giant form flies up from the heart of the volcano, a massive, fiery bird, leaping from the flames into the night sky. As it flies, another, much larger shape appears, a gigantic triangle, flying into the sky to follow it. After around an hour, the fiery bird has disappeared, along with the other mysterious shape.

“What was that?” Alex says, but Aero and Lexa have no idea.

“We need to go to Seafoam,” Aero says, looking at an island off the coast, but closer than Cinnabar. “If anyone escaped that eruption, they’ll have headed to the Seafoam islands, and we’ll be able to find out what happens then.”

He throws the Pokéball he is holding and Blastoise appears with a loud thud on the ground. Aero jumps on his back and Blastoise jumps into the water, heading for the island far off into the horizon. Lexa throws her own Pokéball, her Gyarados appearing in the sea, and she climbs on top of it. Alex returns Combusken to his Pokéball as Lexa gestures for him to climb up onto Gyarados. The two large Water Pokémon swim rapidly to the island, their trainers ready to find out what exactly happened in Cinnabar.

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
I like the little flashback with Alex Matthews and his alias of using Matthews

Moltres you said? (more like imply)
What is it doing near Cinnibar?
And what if the only one survived Cinnibar is severely injured and is spied by some grunts to have the person dead so that no information be released? ...xD
wild idea... it could be sounded like CSI

(meh, i am slacking on my story lately, i am so bad)

EDIT: Did you rushed? there were quite some errors. Notably the "Lanto" error. Since letter "k" and "L" are nearby in a keyboard, that could slide... xD

Last edited:

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
Crazymoose- Thanlks once again for the praise, I appreciate it!

Kacho- You're probably right, it could be Moltres, but to your second question: It's possible that a Moltres lives in Cinnabar's volcano. There's more than one (like the anime) so it could live anywere, I'm sure.

The Cinnabar information will be dealt with in the next chapter, and there should be quite an intense double battle as well.

I'll take this time to mention that updates may be further apart from now on, because I have a job now and I've started another story as well, but I definitely won't just stop writing here.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Back from a long vacation. Like the new chapter, and like Seviper said, short but a nice cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next chapter. And 'grats on your new job. :D

electivire165

a nice story youve got coming along here houndoom15, when you first introduced Alex i thought he might have been the theif that tied up Lexa when she met her Snorunt but the fact that he is Team Magma squashed that theory lol, its weird that you have Moltres so close to Articuno but its still good! cant wait for the next chapter!

Crystic

Pokémon Master
I didn't even realize you wrote another chapter! I wish I read this sooner.

I noticed some spelling mistakes, but I'm too lazy to point them out. I liked the background information on Alex, although I would like to know him a bit more.

As for the fiery Pokemon, that couldn't be Moltres, could it? As for the triangle thing, is that some capture thing? Lawrence III, anyone?

A bit short, but I can take it. Just make sure to write more. Don't rush and take breaks. Also, download Firefox if you haven't. They have a spell check thing installed on it; it'll help, trust me.

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
I'm sooooo sorry for how long this took to write and post, I've been insanly busy with work, and different things I've had to do around my house, but it's finally here! I'm going to try to write at least an hour every night this week, so the next chapter WILL be up faster than this one was, I promise you that!

Chapter XI: Spenser and Blaine: Double Battle for the Ages

As Aero reaches the nearest Seafoam Island, he notices many boats coming from the east, carrying escapees of the volcano’s eruption. As he hears Lexa and Alex land behind him on Lexa’s Gyarados, he scans the faces of the survivors. Most look alarmed, nervous, and fearful, as to be expected, but some he is shocked to see, look relieved.

That’s very interesting, he thinks to himself. I’ll definitely have to look into that later.

An instant after the thought crosses his mind, an old, bald man carrying a large cane rushes past him, heading straight for that group of people.

“What’s going on over there?” Lexa asks, looking on as the old man confronts the person in the front of the group. “Who are those people?” but her questions are soon answered, as the conversation begins to grow louder, and even more people begin to stare.

“The only reason we’re here is because the volcano erupted!” said the man in front of the group, angrily. “We don’t want to be here any more than you want us here old man.”

“You must leave at once!” the old man shouted, hitting the ground hard with his staff. “I will not have you Rockets poisoning my island as you did Cinnabar!”

“Poison?” the other man asks. “We made Cinnabar the leading exporter of Kanto’s goods!”

“No, what you did was make Cinnabar the leading center of crime throughout both Kanto and Johto.”

“Now I’m getting angry!” the man says, pulling out a Pokéball as some of the members of his group do the same.

“Now that’s definitely not fair,” Aero says, reaching for his own Pokéball, but a hand stops him.

“Why don’t we just see what happens, shall we?” says a voice, and Aero turns to see a very strange looking man grasping his arm. The man is wearing a long, white lab coat, and he has a white mustache, with a bald head. “Spenser’s a wonderful trainer, I’m sure he can handle it.”

“Spenser?” Aero says, amazed. Finally realizing who the the old man is, he turns back to face the conflict to see that the leader o the group of Rockets, along with six others, have thrown out their Pokéballs to face Spenser.

“Seven, is that all?” Spenser says, facing two Houndooms, three Golbats, an Ariados, and a Nidoking. Now, Aero recognizes the leader as the scientist he met in Celadon’s Game Corner. Had it not been for the fact that Spenser was certainly about to trounce them, Aero would have wanted a piece of him as well.

Spenser brings a Pokéball from his bag and throws it, the bright light becoming the largest Lapras Aero has ever seen.

“Now, attack!” shouts the Rocket Scientist, and his group does just that. One Houndoom lets loose a Flamethrower, as the other belts out a Sludge Bomb. The three Golbats use Air Cutter, as Ariados uses Poison sting. Finally, the scientist’s Nidoking uses Hidden Power. The attacks move toward Lapras quickly, but the giant Pokémon doesn’t flinch. Using Protect, all of the attacks land on a transparent barrier, and are ineffective. The onslaught ends, and Spenser laughs.

“Is that all? Well, I’ll end this with a Blizzard.” He turned to his Lapras, who nodded affirmatively. “You know what to do.”

His Water Pokémon opens its mouth, and its eyes begin glowing a bright, whitish blue. Moments later, a powerful blast of snow and ice hits the seven Pokémon, and even goes to their trainers as well. When the attack is finished, all seven trainers and Pokémon are seen lying in the sea, getting up slowly and painfully.

“Stay off my island,” Spenser says simply as he returns Lapras to its Pokéball and begins to walk away.

“He sure is something,” says the man standing behind Aero, but Aero gives him no time to comment further.

“Blaine, do you know what caused the volcano to explode?”

The question is blunt, and for a moment Blaine looks stunned.

“Have we met?” the Gym Leader asks, looking Aero over quizzically.

“I challenged your gym three years ago, with my Wartortle, Scyther, and Onix, remember?”

After a moment of silence, Blaine points to the air, making a triumphant noise.

“YES!” he shouts, making people stare. “You beat my Ninetales with your Onix, then I beat her with my Rhydon. Next, you beat Rhydon with Wartortle, before your Pokémon lost to Magmar, correct?”

“Yes sir,” says Aero, impressed with the old man’s memory. “Then My Scyther beat your Magmar.”

“Yes, yes, I do remember you now, boy,” Blaine says, shaking Aero’s hand vigorously. “It is a pleasure to see you again, or,” his expression turned dark, “it would have been, if not for the occasion.” His eyes glances over to his home, where the giant volcano is still spewing lava everywhere.

“Sir, what exactly caused the eruption?”

“No one seems to know for sure, but my guess is that Moltres used it as a potential diversion to escape capture.”

“Is that what that big pyramid thing was trying to do?” asks Lexa, who has been silent since they reached the Seafoam Islands. “It was trying to capture Moltres?”

“That’s the closest thing to an answer we have,” says Spenser, who had walked over unnoticed to the group. “Moltres has lived in Cinnabar Volcano for months now, happily it seemed, but when the Battle Pyramid landed there, I knew there’d be trouble.”

“That big thing was a Battle Facility?” Aero asks in amazement, and Spenser nods solemnly.

“Yes, Brandon the Pyramid King runs it, and he has always had a fascination with Legendary Pokémon. Around a year ago, he battled with the three Legendary Golems; Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. They performed adamantly for him, but he saw them as stepping stones to a greater power. He took them back to their homes in Hoenn, where they now sleep n peace.

“Since then, he has looked for a new Legendary Trio to use in his battles, and he has chosen the Legendary Birds of Kanto. He came here one day and captured Articuno without problem. I actually battled him that day, on the grounds that his lust for power was immoral and inappropriate for a Frontier Brain.”

“How did the battle go?” asked Alex, although he assumed he already knew from Spenser’s ominous expression.

“I lost miserably. I did not defeat even one of his Pokémon. He told me afterwards that his as the way to victory, and the other Frontier Brains would follow or perish.”

“He really said that?”

“Yes, he really said that. It was almost too much for me to bear, as I had taught him almost everything he knows, to have him fall so far from grace.” His expression lightens slightly, but not completely. “That’s enough about all that, right now I need to focus on helping Cinnabar’s inhabitants make themselves at home on Seafoam for now.”

“Oh, you don’t need to worry about that, Spenser,” Blaine says with an eccentric wink at the aged man. “What I need most now. To calm my nerves, is a battle!”

Spenser’s expression lightens greatly, and he smiles at the fiery Gym Leader.

“Now that you mention it,” He says, “I could use a battle myself.”

“I’ll battle you, Spenser!” Aero says, eager to challenge such an experienced trainer. “I’m taking the Battle Frontier Challenge, and I’d love to face you for a Frontier Symbol!”

“That sounds great,” Spenser says, his eyes glowing in the starry sky. “But I wouldn’t want to leave Blaine out of the loop…”

“I’ll battle him!” Lexa says suddenly, jumping from behind Aero. Blaine looks at her critically, but she is adamant. “I’ve been challenging gyms in the Kanto region this year, and I’m joining the Indigo League if I get enough badges.”

“Well, the only logical thing to do is have a double battle,” Spenser says eagerly. Blaine nods his head affirmatively, but Aero and Lexa look confused.

“How would that work though,” Lexa says to Blaine. “We’re not both going for a Symbol or a badge, we’re trying for different things.”

“It’s simple,” The Gym Leader says. “You’ll battle both of us, with Aero, and if you both win, you’ll get a Volcano Badge, and Aero will get his Frontier Symbol.”

“Sounds great to me!” Aero says, and Lexa looks at him, giving him a nod.

“Alright,” Spenser says happily. “Blaine and I will be waiting at my Facility, the Battle Palace.” He points to the top of te island, to a mountain, where Aero and Lexa can see a giant, red, palace, adorned with gold around the windows and towers. Looking determinedly at the giant castle, Aero and Lexa are determined to win their respective prizes, knowing that their battle will go much better than their first double battle…

Around an hour later, Aero, Lexa, and Alex stand outside the Battle Palace, ready to enter. They have been to the Pokémon center, had their Pokémon checked by the local Nurse Joy, and Lexa had gone to the PC to get a Pokémon she thought would help her in the coming battle.

“What did you get?” Aero had asked her, but Lexa refused to budge.

Now, they are both ready to face what could be their greatest challenge: a double battle against one of the strongest Gym Leaders in Kanto, and one of the most powerful Frontier Brains in the entire Battle Frontier. Aero knocks on the large, wood door, and the doors seemed to open of their own accord.

Walking inside, all three young trainers are amazed. Paintings cover the walls, and ornate vases line the sides of the hall, leading to another large, oak door at the end of the hall. They walk toward it, and as they near, the lights behind them turn off. When they reach the door, the only light comes from a candelabra above the door, giving off a very medieval vibe.

Lexa pushes the door open, an a blinding light, accompanied by loud cheering and the smell of freshly mowed grass, meets them on the other side. As their eyes adjust, Aero, Lexa, and Alex can see the stadium, the crowd from outside now in the auditorium like seats, the grassy arena filling the ground, and Spenser standing on the other side, Blaine smiling by his side.

“And, here are the challengers!” says a voice from the commentator’s box at the top of the stadium, enclosed in glass. “Aero Matthews from Fuchsia City, and Lexa Phillips from Snowpoint City in Sinnoh!”

The crowd roars, and an aid comes over to where Aero and Lexa are standing, leading Alex to a box seat near the arena. A pathway opens in front of them, and Aero leads the way to the extra large challenger’s box, facing the two powerful trainers.

“Now,” says Blaine loudly, addressing Aero and Lexa. “This will be a four on four battle, each trainer allowed two Pokémon each. When all four of a team’s Pokémon are defeated, that team loses. If we lose, you both get your prizes, even if one of you faints first, alright?”

“Okay,” Aero and Lexa say in unison.

“It looks like the combatants are ready then,” says the announcer, just as Spenser and Blaine take out their first Pokéballs.

“Go Crobat!” yells Spenser, as a large, purple, bat with four wings materializes from the white light of the Pokéball.

“Now, Rhydon!” Blaine yells, and a dinosaur like Rock Pokémon appears, its armor glinting in the bright lights, and its horn spinning rapidly.

“Spenser has Chosen his Crobat,” The announcer yells into the microphone to the crowd, “and Blaine had chosen his ever-reliable Rhydon. How will our two challengers face this unbeatable team?”

“I’ll show you how,” Aero whispers so that only Lexa can hear him. His voice then raises as he shouts, “Go Scizor!”

The Steel Pokémon appears from the Pokéball flying in front of Aero, ready to battle.

“Scizor,” it says coolly, eying the challenger’s Pokémon cautiously.

“My turn,” Lexa says, taking out her own Pokéball. “Go Vaporeon!”

As she says the name, a blue, finned, catlike Pokémon appears, its tail fin waving and its paws testing the soft grass of the arena. Seeing her Pokémon take its place in front of her, she thinks back to the beginning of their friendship, and what an interesting beginning it was…

“Alright Snorunt, he should probably go challenge Fantina at the Hearthome Gym,” Lexa said to Snorunt, looking at a map as they entered the large Contest Capital of Sinnoh. “The guide says she specializes in Ghost Type Pokémon, so Kricketune should be able to handle them.”

Snorunt, standing by her trainer’s side, nodded happily, and Lexa decided to make their way to the Pokémon Center first, t have Nurse Joy check on her Pokémon before her gym battle.

After they arrived at the Center and Lexa handed her Pokémon to the nurse with a word of thanks, she headed over to the PC to check on her other Pokémon. To her surprise, however, there was already a girl sitting on the computer, a restless Eevee on her lap, its brown fur rustled as it struggled to get off its trainer’s lap.

“Are you alright over here?” Lexa asked the girl as she continued struggling with the small Pokémon.

“Oh, I’m just trying to update my PC program,” the girl said in an exasperated voice. “I’m Bebe, by the way, the-”

“-designer of the Sinnoh Pokémon Box program?” Lexa finished, excited. “I use your box system all the time to store my Pokémon! I use it to send them to my brother’s farm in the Johto region!”

“Oh, is that so?” Bebe said, still struggling against the Eevee, which was now wriggling so ferociously that Bebe could not even let go with one hand to use the keyboard. “Does that mean you’re a Pokémon trainer?”

“Yeah, I just started a while back, why?”

“Well,” said Bebe, looking slightly embarrassed, “One of my friends gave me this Eevee for my birthday, but I don’t have the time to take care of it at all. I was hoping to find a trustworthy trainer to give it to, and I was hoping they would take good care of it. It just so happens that I think I know your brother, unless I’m mistaken, because I’ve tracked the Pokémon being sent to a farm of my friend’s in Johto, and they were all of a young female trainer. Could your brother possibly be Tom Phillips?”

“Yeah, he is!” Lexa says, surprised at how far her brother’s influence reaches. “How do you know him?”

“We started our journeys together,” Bebe said. “we were kind of rivals, you could say, until I decided to go into Pokémon computer programming instead.”

“That’s cool,” Lexa said, happy to meet one of her brother’s old friends.

“So, how about it? Would you like this Eevee?”

“Are you sure you want to give it away?” Lexa asked, looking down at the mischievous, but adorable, Pokémon.

“Yes, I have to,” Bebe said simply. “I have no room for it in my home, nor do I have any time to train it properly.”

“If you really don’t want it,” Lexa said, growing even more excited, “Then I’ll take it!”

“Great!” Bebe said, tuning back to the computer and pushing a complicated pattern of keys. “There! Eevee is yours now!”

“Awesome!” Lexa said, and right on cue, Eevee jumped off from Bebe’s lap and into Lexa’s arms.

“I’m sure you two will be very happy with each other,” Bebe said, turning back to the PC and finishing the update. “I’m all set here, so I’ll see you around!”

“Thanks a lot, Bebe,” Lexa said as the programmer walked away, waving. After Bebe left, Lexa logged on to her own box to check her Pokémon, then got her others from Nurse Joy and challenged the gym, defeating Fantina’s Mismagius with a Fury Cutter from her Kricketune.

Later on in her journey, as Lexa and Eevee became very close, Eevee began to evolve one night into what Lexa later learned would have been an Umbreon, but Eevee forced itself to stop. For some reason, it didn’t want to be and Umbreon, and it waited until one day near Mossdeep City, where it used a Water Stone on itself to become the Vaporeon it is today, learning many powerful Water and Ice type moves.

Now, in its first Gym battle in Kanto, it is ready to face what could be it’s most powerful opponent yet, and win a Volcano Badge for Lexa…

“Go Scizor, Iron Head at Rhydon!” Aero shouts, as Scizor flies forward, lightning fast, hitting Rhydon hard in the chest with an Iron Head attack. The attack has incredible force due to the Type advantage, but Rhydon comes out without a scratch.

“Nice try,” Blaine says, laughing. “Now Rhydon, Horn Drill!”

The Rock Pokémon runs forward, but is much too slow to hit the speedy Scizor, which dodges incredibly, as Crobat shoots off Air Cutter after Air Cutter at Lexa’s Vaporeon, who dodges each easily.

“Go Scizor, hit Crobat with a Bug Buzz!” Aero says suddenly, and before Spenser can utter a warning, his Pokémon is blasted out of the air by the orb of green energy Scizor shoots at it.

“You’re fine Crobat,” Spenser says imploringly, and Crobat gets up rapidly, flying after Scizor.

“Vaporeon, use Ice Beam!” Lexa says, and Vaporeon aims a blast of ice at Crobat, but it misses, hitting the wall of the stadium. Turning around faster than Aero can see, Crobat faces Scizor and flies forward, its fangs flaming, latching onto Scizor’s arm with the fiery bite. After a moment, Crobat flings the stunned Bug Pokémon to the ground, where it falls hard, and stays down.

“Aero’s first Pokémon is unable to battle!” the announcer says, as Aero stands in shock at the sudden defeat.

“What’s wrong, Aero?” Spenser says, as Aero returns his Pokémon. “Aren’t you up to speed tonight?”

“Maybe not,” Aero says, taking out another Pokéball with a silent prayer. “But hopefully with this next one, I will be!”

He throws the Pokéball into the air, and when the white light appears, he hopes that he will be able to overcome all four of the opposing Pokémon with only one of his own left…

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
The only comment I have is... lol
corrupted frontier brain.
Way to go! xD

A double battle, nice twist there... like a cinnamon roll

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yay for Lapras! :D

The Multi Battle was a nice twist. Wasn't expecting it.

You have some typo's, with Crobat's Air Cutter. I'm too lazy to point out the rest. >.>

Glad a new chapter's up. :D

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
Kacho-

Yeah, I figured that would be a nice plot twist, and i havesome interesting plans for how it will pan out.

Piekid11-

I fixed the Air Ctter mistakes, but I havent read it for other mistkaes yet. Thanks again for reading!

Anyone else have anything to add?

crazymoose

Tailow!
that was very interesting! i was not expecting a a double battle from them! now i am all excited for the next chapter yay!

houndoom15

Pokémon Writer To Be
Here's chapter 12, i hope you guys all like it!!!

Chapter XII: True Power

In a flash of white, Electivire appears, standing before Aero to face Spenser’s Crobat and Blaine’s Rhydon.

“Are you ready, Electivire?” Aero asks his partner, and the electric Pokémon nods, determined.

Starting off strong, Electivire rushes forward, its fist crackling with static electricity.

“Now Electivire, Thunderpunch!”

The Giant Yellow Yeti throws its first forward at the Crobat that is now diving towards it, and the punch delivered sends Crobat sprawling to the ground. The bat, however, gets up rapidly and focuses a Sludge Bomb at Vaporeon, who is busy shooting a Hydro Pump at Rhydon. After a warning from Lexa, who sees the Sludge Bomb coming, Vaporeon ends its attack and jumps out of the way, turning and sending an Aurora Beam at Crobat. It hits dead on, and, still hurt from the Thunderpunch from earlier, Crobat falls to the ground, unconscious.

“Spenser’s Crobat is down for the count,” says the announcer as the crowd roars. Aero and Lexa take the split second before Spenser sends out his next Pokémon to attack Rhydon, Electivire with a Fire Punch, and Vaporeon with a Hydro Pump. Both attacks hit home, and Rhydon also faints.

“Incredible!” the announcer yells. “The two challengers took a moment of advantage and used it to their best of ability, leaving both leaders disabled!”

“That was a good move,” Blaine says, and throws out a Pokéball. Out of the white light comes a large, red, monster with what looks like cannons for arms and a small, flaming head.

“A Magmortar!” Lexa says, both excited and nervous. “I saw one of those in Sinnoh, it belonged to the Champion!”

“We can handle it,” Aero says confidently, as Spenser throws his last Pokéball out as well, revealing not the Lapras that Aero, Lexa, and even Blaine expect, but a large, apelike Pokémon with light tan fur appeared, roaring and beating its chest.

“Spenser has sent out a Slaking,” said the announcer, “and Blaine has sent out his most powerful Pokémon, Magmortar.”

“Go Electivire, use Cross Chop on Slaking!” Aero shouts, remembering a Normal Type Pokémon’s weakness to Fighting Type attacks. Electivire crosses its arms, jumping forward, but a moment before the attack lands, Magmortar jumps in front of Slaking, shooting double Flamethrowers from its arms at Electivire. The heat forces Electivire to back up, away from the opponents and regroup.

Lexa has other plans, and she wastes no time trying them out.

“Now Vaporeon, use Hydro Pump on Magmortar!” she yells, going for a direct, but long distance attack on the Fire Pokémon. The water hits, but does barely any damage, when Lexa realizes that the heat from the Flamethrowers has evaporated her attack on contact.

“What are we going to do about that?” Lexa says nervously to Aero, who is commanding Electivire to batter Slaking with Cross Chops, seemingly with now effect.

“I’d try to cool him down, if I were you,” Aero says just before Slaking hits Electivire with a powerful Focus Punch, knocking the Electric Pokémon back.

Aero looks on to the scene, his mind scanning its depths for a way out. Both of the leaders have only one Pokémon left, but so does he. The only combatant to have two is Lexa, and Aero isn’t sure how durable her Vaporeon is, but it seems to be doing well. Both Spenser’s Slaking and Blaine’s Magmortar are powerful Pokémon, and Aero isn’t sure how his and Lexa’s Pokémon will handle them.

“Slaking, use Hyper Beam!” Spenser yells suddenly, flining Aero back to reality. The large beam of energy heads straight for Electivire, but seconds before it hits, Lexa’s Vaporeon jumps in front of it, its body glowing with a green light.

“I figured a Protect would help here,” Lexa says to Aero, winking, then yells, “Now Vaporeon, Aurora Beam at Slaking!”

vapor eon shoots a frozen blast of colorful lights at the giant ape, who needs time to rest from the Hyper Beam. The beam hit’s the stunned Pokémon hard, and Electivire follows up with a Cross Chop, which throws Slaking backwards. The Normal Pokémon falls to the ground, unmoving.

“Slaking is unab-”, the announcer begins to say, but at that moment, Slaking gets up, very conscious, very strong, and very angry.

“Slaking, use Focus Punch!” Spenser yells to his Pokémon, and the Ape runs toward Vaporeon, fist glowing brightly, and delivers a powerful punch to the blu feline, sending it soaring into the air, and landing hard on the ground. Unlike Slaking moments before, it doesn’t get up.

“Vaporeon is unable to battle!” the announcer shouts, as Lexa recalls her Pokémon, looking at another Pokéball. Suddenly, Spenser’s slaking shoots another Hyper Beam at Electivire, and Magmorta shoots a double Flamethrower. Reacting impossibly fast. Electivire jumps, and both attacks hit the spot he was seconds before, creating a massive crater in the center of the stage.

“Can you hurry up a little bit?” Aero yells angrily at Lexa, who has finally chosen a Pokéball.

“Now, go Pokéball!” she says, and in a flash of white light, her Dragonair appears, flying gracefully to Electivire’s side.

“This battle’s getting down t the wire,” the announcer shouts amidst the crowd’s cheers. “With each combatant only having one Pokémon left, we’ll see where this takes us!”

Starting off strong, Lexa sends Dragonair out using Dragonbreath. The green fire shoots toward Magmortar, who counters, surprisingly, with a Thunderbolt.

“I didn’t know Magmortar could use Thunderbolt,” Lexa says, regretting her laps of intelligence.

“Magmortar has a lot of tricks,” Blaine says, smiling. “Like this: Magmortar, use Psychic!”

Stunned, Aero watches as the Fire Pokémon’s body begins to glow purple, along with his Electivire’s. With a jerk of his mind, Magmortar throws the large yellow Pokémon across the stadium, and Electivire falls hard. He gets up quickly, however, rushing forward angrily with a Thunderpunch. Standing beside Slaking menacingly, Magmortar braces for the impact, but at the last moment Electivire turns, and punches Slaking hard on the stomach.

Gasping for air, Slaking steps back, and is hit from behind by a surprise DragonBreath from Lexa’s Dragonair. At the end of the barrage of green flames, Slaking falls down, and this time, he stays down.

“Slaking is unable to battle!” the announcer shouts, to the awed silence of the crowd. “Palace Maven Spenser is the first out of the match!”

Spenser takes out Slaking’s Pokéball, returning the ape to it in a flash of white light, then sits down in his square, continuing to watch the intense match.

And, as he sees, as a two on one match, it can be very intense indeed.

Electivire flies at Magmortar with a Thunderpunch, only to be blocked by the Salamander Pokémon’s Thunderbolt, and as Dragonair shoots forward with a Dragon Rush, Magmortar counters with a Psychic, throwing the Dragon Pokémon into the wall.

Lifting its arm cannons, Magmortar shoots double Flamethrowers at the opponents. Dragonair blocks the attack with Protect, and Electivire jumps out of the way, both going on the offensive once more, Dragonair with a Dragonbreath, and Electivire with a Thunderbolt. The attacks meet before they hit Magmortar, forming a combination of green fire that hits Blaine’s Pokémon with incredible force. Smoke from the attack fills the stadium, and when it clears, all three Pokémon are lying on the ground, unmoving.

“Could it be possible?” Aero whispers, but the announcer makes his thoughts public.

“Amazing!” he shouts, as the stadium grows hushed. “It seems we have a four way tie. All eight Pokémon have fainted!”

Suddenly, making the announcer go quiet, Lexa’s Dragonair begins to rise. Slowly, the crowd begins clapping, until the usual roar fills the palace, Dragonair standing tall.

“And Dragonair stands!” the announcer shouts loudly into his microphone. “Aero and Lexa have beaten Spenser and Blaine in a tag battle!”

As the announcer continues talking, Spenser and Blaine walk over to Aero and Lexa, arms outstretched. Aero holds his hand out to Spenser, and the Palace Maven shakes it, letting go to reveal the small , golden circle of a Frontier symbol. Aero looks over to Lexa, and sees the small, flame-like Volcano Badge in her hand.
“You beat us, fair and square,” Spenser says brightly.

“And it was one of the best battle’s I’ve had!” Blaine says with a wink. “But Our first battle does come close, Aero.”

Happier than he has been in a while, Aero looks around at the people in the stadium, lifting his Frontier symbol in the Air, shoulder to shoulder with Lexa as she does the same with her badge. Alex comes running over to congratulate them and fr a moment, only a moment, they all forget what it to come…

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yayz! Another great chapter, Houndoom. And nice job giving Blaine a Sinnoh Pokémon. :D And at the very end of the chapter, I think you ment "is" instead of "it". Also, you forgot the "o" in "for" at the end, as well.

Other then that, great chapter. I didn't see any mistakes besides those teeny ones. Your getting better at writing. ;)

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
nice battle.
Caution on creating a Mary-sue or Gary-stu...

the magmortar looks like he's been jammed with HM... /haha

maybe you can throw in recurring characters that is not even a rival... just recurring characters in the mix...
maybe friends and neighbors from their childhood? or maybe like an uncle or an aunt?