• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The afterfocusing punch !! glitch or extreme trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerKai

Marsh Trainer
Hey ppl, This is the story of how i got my afterfocusing sandslash which is either a glitch or a very loyal pokemon.

when i was on my first hoenn journey i got my favourite pokemon sandslash and raised it nonstop in my team ,when i FINALLY beat norman i gave sandslash focus punch as he alredy was very loyal and i though it could be useful especially with sandstorm and double team and some lax incence, i went thorugh the game using this tactic and compleed the game (btw since norman sandslash hadnt fainted once), once i did this i was training up sandslash a couple more till he was lvl 100 at sky pillar when surprisingly sandslash took down a mawile with a uncharged focus punch,i found this was wierd and suspected it was a glitch but i havnt used any cheats.
I then went and fought a few more pokemon and sure enough my sandslash was using focus punch on its 1st turn. i then went to the route of the daycare centre and decided to try it against some trainers pokemon, even more strange was tht my sandslash charged the turn after it had thrown the punch. After this i went and lost my ruby cartridge !!!

i eventually found it about 2 months later at my nans of all places, i looked and i still had my sandslash in my team at lvl 97 or 98 sumat like tht so i trained him up and one-oh-ohd my 1st pokemon without cheating (damn missingno so tempting)
wen i got leaf green i raised another sandslash but female upto 70 and wen i herd of emerald i thought tht i could breed her with my other (the ruby afterfocusing sandslash ) and get a new sandslash to train for the battle frontier. foolishly i traded the wrong way and ended up with the afterfocusing one on leaf and due and to this it lost loyalty to me on ruby.
i traded them both bak over to ruby and found sandslash having to charge like normal again ,The offspring of my 2 sandslash is the one i am training now to see if i can pull the afterfocus again.

what do you think?

their offspring is below
(not really gold just emphasizing its power it has)

Last edited:
N

NickTheDude

It mustve been a glitch or something but ive never heard of it weird? It might be like that cinnabar glitch in red and blue or something or that pc in the mansion in vermillion thats kinda cool Kai!

PkmnTrainerKai

Marsh Trainer
very useful glitch , shame tht it isnt tht ur pkmns loyalty is so strong it powers focus punch up so it charges after

N

NickTheDude

yeah that would be cool like you go to the vendanturf town your pokes 1st move has to be FP and then if it cant love you any more its like an unlockable.but sadly it isnt :(

Volteon

Back I guess??
when some pokemon will use some move like counter/mirror coat/vital trow (I think revenge too), focus punch attacks first, I think that this happened.
but I think that the thing that happened with mawile or is a glitch or you don´t saw.

Flygonzilla

**_ IS FEMALE _**
focus punch doesn't rely on loyalty! It relies on prediction, which I suppose might possibly be translated by the game description as "loyalty". but I'm pretty sure friendship has nothing to do with it.

i was training up sandslash a couple more till he was over lvl 100 at sky pillar
what? over level 100? anyways, focus punching when the opponent whirlwinds makes you attack first. and a few other second-only moves might as well.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Well, in the end, you get what you deserve for using Double Team and Lax Incense. :p

Maybe the wild Pokemon tried to flee? o_O I dunno.

PkmnTrainerKai

Marsh Trainer
What do u mean by "u get what i deserve" , it was a good combo bak then , sandstorm and then double team then focus punch.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Horn Drill means that using Sand Veiled Sandstorm and Double Team and Lax Incense is a pretty evil combination. It's great if you're the one using it, but hugely annoying for your opponent unless s/he carries Magical Leaf (or at least the more common Aerial Ace.)

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
PkmnTrainerKai said:
What do u mean by "u get what i deserve" , it was a good combo bak then , sandstorm and then double team then focus punch.

Dude, it was never a good combo, cuz it's cheap and you can't count on it.

PkmnTrainerKai

Marsh Trainer
Last night i was on colleseum doing the lvl100 tourney and sandslash,rayquaza(had 2) and shedinja and sandslash used its glitch again infront of all my friends .They thort it was cool , i dont think the poor metagross tht faced it did tho XD.
And...
I was training up my lvl100 sandslashs offspring and surprisingly enuf it used the glitch at emba spar against a primape (i kno it has a disadvantage but i was trying to overkill, whuch it did)
so ive had a few run ins , hopefully my now lvl55 sandslash (theson)
can do tht more often as it was very usefull.
Kveran said:
Horn Drill means that using Sand Veiled Sandstorm and Double Team and Lax Incense is a pretty evil combination. It's great if you're the one using it, but hugely annoying for your opponent unless s/he carries Magical Leaf (or at least the more common Aerial Ace.)
That was the point back then, i liked using evil combos , its like milton my alakazam who tricks my opponant a choice band and then disables them if u annoy ur opponant it can help them make mistakes.

(btw sandslash 100 was holding brightpowder at the time)
thanks 4 all the replies tho

PkmnTrainerKai

Marsh Trainer
very usefull ,its nice 2 see ppls faces wen u do it tho

N

NickTheDude

yeah in Gold/Silver Sandslash used to be my favorite pokemon i guess it gives me reason to start training it again plus the glitch

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Are you sure the enemy isn't just using Vital Throw or something? I think that if both pokes use hit-last moves (including FP), the order of attack is determined by the ordinary Speed calculations, explaining why it happened more once you got near L100.

Volteon

Back I guess??
ah, you´re the guy of the shining abra!

do you know what attack will the pokemon use? this is really, really, really, really, have I ever said "really", ah, just to confirm, really strange...

focus punch has priority -4, vital trow is -1; revenge is -4 too, but moves like roar and counter had priority -6 and -5.

if you understand nothing about priority, look here: http://www.smogon.com/dex.php?page=list&q=move&sort=priority&order=desc

priority acts like this, an attack with prio. 0 will attack first than one with prio. -1 and an attack with prio 5 will attack first than one with 4.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I do not have a shiny Abra. (though I did get two other shinies at the GC.)

I didn't know this about hit-last attacks. I assumed there were just three states: faster than average, average, and below average. (at least this is the way I recall things being presented as at Pokéfor (may it rest in peace *sniff*))

H

Hukuzo

I'm pretty sure that loyalty has nothing to do with focus punch.

Volteon

Back I guess??
MetalMario said:
I do not have a shiny Abra. (though I did get two other shinies at the GC.)

I didn't know this about hit-last attacks. I assumed there were just three states: faster than average, average, and below average. (at least this is the way I recall things being presented as at Pokéfor (may it rest in peace *sniff*))
I was talking about pkmn trainer Kai (the person with the strange sandslash) all my last post was refering to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.