• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The aliens are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Apparently, there was a strange spiral light that disappeared like it was going into a black hole sighted over Norway. They thought it might be a Russian ballistic missile, but the Russians denied that. I'm pretty sure it's a UFO.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I saw this earlier today. It's pretty neat, but I don't want to jump the gun and say it was aliens.

You should post the source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html
A mysterious light display appearing over Norway last night has left thousands of residents in the north of the country baffled.

Witnesses from Trøndelag to Finnmark compared the amazing sight to anything from a Russian rocket to a meteor or a shock wave - although no one appears to have mentioned UFOs yet.

The phenomenon began when what appeared to be a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain. It stopped mid-air, then began to circulate.

Strange spiral: Residents in northern Norway were left stunned after the lightshow, which almost looked computer-generated, appeared in the skies above them

Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky. Then a green-blue beam of light shot out from its centre - lasting for ten to twelve minutes before disappearing completely.

The Norwegian Meteorological Institute was flooded with telephone calls after the light storm - which astronomers have said did not appear to have been connected to the aurora, or Northern Lights, so common in that area of the world.

The mystery deepened tonight as Russia denied it had been conducting missile tests in the area.

Fred Hansen, from Bø in Vesterålen, described the sight as 'like a big fireball that went around, with a great light around it again.'

'It spun and exploded in the sky,' Totto Eriksen from Tromsø told VG Nett.

He spotted the lights as he walked his daughter Amalie to school.

He said: 'We saw it from the Inner Harbor in Tromsø. It was absolutely fantastic.

'It almost looked like a rocket that spun around and around and then went diagonally down the heavens.

'It looked like the moon was coming over the mountain, but then came something completely different.'

What could it be? Astronomers say the spectacle did not appear to have been connected to the aurora, or Northern Lights
'
It was like a giant spiral - a shooting star that spun around and around. I initially thought it was a projector', added Axel Rose Berg, from Alta.

Celebrity astronomer Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard told VG Nett he had never seen anything like the lights.

He said: 'My first thought was that it was a fireball meteor, but it has lasted far too long.

'It may have been a missile in Russia, but I can not guarantee that it is the answer.'

Air Traffic control in Tromsø claimed the light show lasted for two minutes, but admitted that was 'far too long to be an astronomical phenomena.'

Tromsø Geophysical Observatory researcher Truls Lynne Hansen was certain the light had been caused by a missile launch.

He told Norwegian media that the missile had likely lost control and exploded. The spiral, he claimed, was the result of light reflecting on the leaking fuel. He was quoted as saying the light was sunlight, despite the strange lights showing up at night.

The Barents Observer quoted Norwegian Defence spokesman Jon Espen Lien as saying that the Norwegian military does not know what the lights were - but that they were probably from a Russian missile.

He said it was normal for Russia to use the White Sea and the Barents Sea as a testing ground for missiles.

However a Moscow news outlet tonight quoted the Russian Navy as denying any rocket launches from the White Sea area.

Norway should be informed of such launches under international agreements, it was stressed.

The Russian Defence Ministry was unavailable for comment last night.

Last edited:

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
Hmmm, it looks like a beam from a machine to open worm holes.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Light reflecting off of Venus's swamp gases, now look into this light...

This seems strange, but until I see a picture or video, it'll remain non-alien IMO.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Interesting and intruiging.

I don't believe it's aliens, aliens are often more subtle, not being that or this obvious about anything, and with things like this, if it was alien related, there is something more to it, something hidden, or not all there.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I keep thinking that the cause of this...mysterious light was from the Large Hadron Collider (since I remember from one source it created artificial black holes), but I doubt it had anything to do with this spiral light whatsoever.

It isn't that powerful, as you said. The black holes created by the LHC would be so small they couldn't sustain themselves for a few seconds.

I'm guessing aurora even though astronomers, my favorite kind of scientists, said they weren't. Anybody got a source for who the astronomers who made the statement were?

Grei

not the color
That's bizarre... I wonder what it could be.

I don't think it's aliens. Perhaps some weird phenomena with the Northern Lights that we haven't encountered yet?

That, or everybody in Russia was really high that night

People, it's obviously a blast wave made by alien engines before warping into hyperspace.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2zhi7uh.png[/IMG139]​

I can't believe I'm the first to make a Reverse World/Torn World reference. Jeezis, what's wrong with you people?!

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I would say something if you weren't being sarcastic.
EDIT: Talking to Yellow Torterra ^
Tadashi, that's pretty funny, but the pic is creepy.
Anyone else feel like saying?:
Pics or it didn't happen

I feel like saying it, because, it lasted around two hours, and nobody got a picture, or even video of it?!
Shouldn't we have satellite info of it?

PokeRemixStudio

Last edited:
Of course they'd deny weapons testing.
I trust the Russians, and I can see them from my back yard.

Beaten to it, damn it.

Re: Pics or it didn't happen
[img139]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/09/article-1234430-07887B10000005DC-48_634x421.jpg[/img139]

Noobers already posted an article, but here it is again http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html

Edit: My thoughts? Holy shizzle.

That...just...
Wow.
It...looks like it was just Photoshop'd into the sky. That's not the original picture, right?

Last edited:
I would say something if you weren't being sarcastic.
EDIT: Talking to Yellow Torterra ^
Tadashi, that's pretty funny, but the pic is creepy.
Anyone else feel like saying?:
Pics or it didn't happen

I feel like saying it, because, it lasted around two hours, and nobody got a picture, or even video of it?!
Shouldn't we have satellite info of it?

Did you even bother to scroll down the article?
There's a video of the event.

PokeRemixStudio

Beaten to it, damn it.

That...just...
Wow.
It...looks like it was just Photoshop'd into the sky. That's not the original picture, right?

It just looks uber surrealistic and crazy because the photograph had a high exposure. If you look at a video it just looks like a small swirly galaxy that appears to be no bigger than the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.