• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Alpha Dex (rated PG)

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@charizarddude: Thanks! Yeah, that one was fun to write. Discovery is awesome. I love death. *maniacal laughter*

@SA: I love reality TV show hosts, and I figured this was the most appropriate story in which to write one in. Galvantula are one of my favourite species.

And here is Missingno./Scrafty/Garbodor/Bronzor. This is probably going to be the only quad entry I'll post, and I think it turned out well. At school(one more day! Woot!), a few of my friends asked for stories. One was Spiritomb/Blissey, one was Cherubi, one was Omanyte/Omastar, and one was Serperior/Dunsparce. I bumped Cherubi up to the front, as I already have an idea for it.

I just noticed, I've done 27 Pokemon in 17 days(I'm not counting Missingno. in totals). That's pretty good, if I say so myself.

Missingno.(well, technically, Scrafty) is my 25th Pokemon covered!

Complete: Bibarel
Working: Cherubi
Soon: Omanyte/Omastar, Serperior/Dunsparce, Spiritomb/Blissey

Missingno., Scrafty, Garbodor, and Bronzor

A flash of lightning lit up the night sky. A crack of thunder rattled the windows. Inside the abandoned house was an experiment gone horribly wrong. She floated in midair, with a body made of randomly flashing pixels. She moved around silently, waiting for him to return. Suddenly, a door slammed. She turned her d-shaped body, and the human that brought her to life was standing there. He was looking distraught.

“I’m sorry, girl,” he said quietly. “They said I’m not allowed to keep you here. They claimed that you’re a menace to the population. I know you wouldn’t do anything to harm the people, but if I keep you here, they’ll destroy you.”

The thing beeped, confused about the situation. “Goodbye, Missingno.,” he said. He held out a Poké Ball. Suddenly, she lurched back. She was deathly afraid of that red and white ball. She tried to run, but she suddenly felt the beam striking her. She slowly faded out of consciousness, until she was completely encased inside the ball. Then the man threw the experiment out into an alleyway.

It was boring inside a Poké Ball. All one could do was eat and sleep. And Missingno. didn’t eat, so she just slept. It seemed like she would be sleeping for eternity. But suddenly, it broke open and in front of her was an orange lizard-thing with a red mohawk and baggy pants, and teal disc with two yellow eyes, and a hulking trash monster with rope for arms.

The lizard thing spoke first. “What the heck is that?”

“How am I supposed to know?” asked the trash monster.

“Bronzor, scan. Go,” said the lizard.

The Bronzor, apparently, moved dangerously close to her. She prepared to attack, but he shot out a beam from his eyes that moved up and down her body. It kind of tickled, to be honest. But suddenly, he spoke in a metallic voice. “Missingno. Unknown origin. Unknown trainer. No reliable data at this time.” She whizzed and beeped more. She knew that stuff. She had come from a computer infected with a weird virus, and her trainer was the man. She knew other data too. For example, her favourite food was brownies, and her favourite colour was plaid.

“Is it any use to us, Garbodor?” the lizard asked.

“I don’t know. Should I poison it?”

“Sure.”

The trash thing which was apparently called “Garbodor” suddenly stared at her. He held out his right arm, and shot out acid. It burned, and she felt sick.

He smirked. “Looks like it’s vulnerable to poison, Scrafty. I don’t think it’ll be valuable.” But suddenly, he ate his words. She suddenly spit out the poison out of her corners, spraying them over Bronzor. He seemed miffed, but unaffected. But Garbodor gasped. “So this thing is immune to poison?”

She made a low whizzing sound. She just barfed up the stuff, that was all. But Scrafty seemed impressed. He lowered his stance. “Apparently. It could have value, as a poison absorber.” He then turned to Missingno. “Were you released too?”

She may not be able to communicate well, but she knew how to answer. She manipulated her pixels and created three letters. YES.

Scrafty scratched his chin. “Alright then. Come with me. Garbodor! Bronzor! To the shed!” he called. Garbodor started waddling forward, but Bronzor teleported away. Could she do that? She focused on the shed that had come into view. She let off a strong beeeeeep, and she was in front of the shed with Bronzor. Bronzor widened his eyes, but didn’t say anything. Soon after, Scrafty and Garbodor caught up. “It teleports?” exclaimed Scrafty, dumbfounded. He sighed. “It doesn’t matter. Bronzor, key time.”

Bronzor moved to a keypad. He inserted himself, and spun. There was a click, and the door opened. And in there were the most Pokémon she had ever seen. Of course, the only Pokémon she had seen were the man’s Porygon-Z, but still.

“This is the outcast shed. Pokémon from all over come here to enter the war against humans. They were all abused, misused, or otherwise harmed by their former ‘trainers.’” He spoke the last word in a sarcastic voice. He started walking around. The first thing she noticed was a Tympole repeatedly smacking a dummy with her tail. The tail, for whatever reason, had holes in it. “This is Paule. He was caught by some dude with green hair, but then he was cruelly abandoned. He’s had a bitter attitude since.”

Next, she observed a Duskull making copies of himself and swarming a human dummy. “This is Delores. He had a decent trainer, but she named him ‘Delores’ without checking his gender, so he ran away to here.” The Duskull narrowed his single eye, but then continued killing the plastic figure.

Finally, she saw a Pidgeot. He was blowing more human dummies into the wall, and savagely tearing them apart. There was stuffing everywhere, and he was currently ripping off the head of one. “This guy never got a name. His trainer promised he’d come back, but he never did. Good thing, too: he’s quite the powerhouse.”

Missingno. was starting to wonder where this was going. Scrafty then turned to her. “So, you were abandoned too. You’ve seen what we do here. We take broken-down weaklings and turn them into wrecking machines. We’re giving you the chance to join. You’d be a valuable asset. You’re a great poison absorber, and you can sneak attack our enemies. So, what do you say?”

She thought about this. A war against humans? It was a human that had brought her to life. She loved her human. And when she thought about it, it was humans that had brought them together and made them realize their full potential. But then again, it was those meanie community people who made them part. And it would be a good chance to get stronger. Now, whenever she entered a battle, she exploded and fainted. There were many pros, and many cons. She thought carefully.

Finally, she manipulated her pixels again: YES.

-----

Missingno: It is a new Pokémon. It always disappears before exactly located.

Scrafty. They are natural-born leaders. Their call can make weaker Pokémon obey.

Garbodor: A horrid stench emanates from its body. Its right hand is highly toxic and can spew acid.

Bronzor: It first appeared in an ancient era. It is believed to be a key to the universe.

-----

Author's note: Yes, this was supposed to be semi-creepy. I guess.

Last edited:

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Great job again. Is Tympole N's? And is Pigeot Ash's? Because it seemed like you were hinting at that.

Zibdas

not bad
Read a few, and I must say, I'm loving how these are working out thus far. I don't suppose you could add me to the PM list?

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@SA: Thanks, I really do like Missingno. I thought about it, and they all seemed like outcasts.

@charizarddude: Yup, I was hoping someone would catch that reference. I hope that isn't how they actually turned out. And even the Duskull was based on a real-life event. My friend's sister caught a male Duskull in Platinum, and named "Delores" without checking its gender. Her brother released it overnight.

@Zibdas: PM list huh? Sure, you're added.

This is one that the world didn't want posted, so it stalled me with whatever it could. Luckily, I defeated it and am able to post this. This is one that was originally going to involve a slicer and a whole lot of cherry juice, but I changed that since the rating is PG. I do like how it came out. Oh, and Krazy95(who also requested Latias/Latios) asked for Mamoswine/Rattata, so on the list it goes.

I need your opinions. Should I count Missingno. in totals, like in my sig(making it not whatever/649, whatever/650)?

Working: Omanyte/Omastar
Soon: Serperior/Dunsparce, Spiritomb/Blissey, Mamoswine/Rattata

Cherubi

As far as anyone knew, Happy Time Ice Cream was a perfect business. They sold hundreds of flavours of ice cream, the freshest kind. They promised one hundred percent satisfaction or their money back. And people never asked for their money back. The ice cream was perfectly smooth and tasty, sweet and delicious. And their toppings were farm fresh. There were nuts, gummy Ursaring, cookie crumbs-you name it. But the most popular toppings were always the Cherubi balls.

Little did the populace know, they had the worst way of getting the product.

For behind those glossy white doors was a terrible place. Innocent Cherubi were enslaved here for their profit. Only employees knew about the secret; the people never really wondered. The people would do anything to get Cherubi. Though sometimes they went on excursions to Floaroma Town, the main way was breeding. They forced anyone to breed: siblings, old couples, even parent and child. Then, as soon as the egg was created, they put it in a special incubator that made it hatch immediately. They waited for two days to get it to maturity, and then pulled off its nutrient ball. And they forced it to breed to make more and more Cherubi. When the Cherubi refused to mate, they brought it to the Slicer. None of the them ever returned.

You’d think, what if they evolved into Cherrim? Then they could refuse, and they wouldn’t allegedly become a topping. But they made sure that didn’t happen. For whatever reason, none of their Cherubi ever evolved. They had theories that it was due to the removal of the nutrients, but most just believed it was due to lack of battle. But they didn’t complain. It was a threat to the Pokémon. Sure, it was heartless. Sure, it was evil. Sure, it was a sin. Did they care? I don’t think so.

-----

One sunny day, Chester was soaking up rays. His bright pink body glistened from the water that remained from the sprinklers. He was waiting to go to the “room,” to breed with some random chick. It was disturbing at first, but then it became part of his daily routine. He still shuddered at the thought of being put in there with Amelia, but any other girl, he’d be fine with. Here, these ice cream people had demoted them down to near robots. Right now, he could be up in the trees with the Combee and the Burmy, but instead he was here with a bunch of other of his species. He thought back to the day he was captured, the net being thrown over him and his peers, brought back here, and their nutrients painfully plucked off. He had been planning an escape, and today would be the day he’d do it. Just a few more minutes.

Suddenly, the two new Cherubi stepped out, looking dazed. He was after the next couple. So he sat and waited. A few minutes later, a new egg was made and hatched. The baby was taken away, to either be raised to maturity, or be immediately served with whipped cream if it chose to disagree. He’d had many children who ended up that way. He supposed his rebellious nature was passed onto them. He had to wait until he was called in. Then, his plan would begin. For now, he had to be patient.

Then, he was called. He smirked, and made his way toward the “room.” He was slowly charging energy. Finally, he stepped into the “room.” And it subsequently blew up. He had released a powerful SolarBeam, blasting him back. It wasn’t long before the ice cream people noticed, and started yelling for backup and sending out their Houndour after him. He blew himself over the fence, but suddenly ran out of power for SolarBeam. He was forced to run. And with his tiny, stubby legs, running was not the easiest thing in the world. The Houndour were also fast, and were chasing him and nipping at him. He heard the ice cream man scream that when he caught him, he’d be on the menu next. He cursed him out under his breath, but had to continue running.

The rest of the Cherubi had noticed their struggling comrade. They had all gathered at the fence, and decided they needed to help. They all began charging their energy, and all launched a simultaneous SolarBeam. It struck Chester and propelled him forward, much faster than any of the Houndour could run. When he was blown into a forest, the dogs gave up their chase and retreated.

Eventually, the SolarBeam died down. The Houndour had given up chase, permitting him a time of rest. It had been an eventful day, after all. He found a suitable leaf, and curled up for the night. He did have to drive away a few Zubat who tried to eat him, but eventually he claimed his territory. Tomorrow would be part two of the plan.

The humans weren’t exactly sure why the Cherubi never evolved, but he was. The ball on their heads had vital nutrients that allowed them to evolve. Without them, they couldn’t muster enough power to turn into Cherrim. There was some sort of chemical inside that most Pokémon had, that released a mad amount of energy to their bodies. So much, in fact, that their bodies had to change to keep in the energy. Tomorrow, he would try to get the ball back.

-----

He blinked, and slowly woke up. He shook off some dew from his main leaf, and headed off to a clearing. He’d need to summon the spirit of the spring to regain his nutrient ball. He rustled his leaves as he walked past the tall trees, and was suddenly on a large cliff. The red sun was slowly appearing, a crimson half-circle in an orange sky. It was beautiful, but he had no time to waste. He climbed up a tree and picked some berries, and placed them in a circle. Next, he placed some small twigs around, and finished by putting a twig in the top berry and tying a mint leaf to it. Finally, he called out to the heavens, “Oh, mystical spirit of the spring! Please assist your lowly servant and allow me to regain the ability to evolve!”

He waited, but nothing happened. He became discouraged, but didn’t give up. He cried out once again, but once again, nothing. He tried once more, but still nothing. He sighed. Maybe those stories his mother had always told him weren’t true. He gave up. He was about to walk back to the forest, when he heard a voice.

“Chester,” it said. It was a deep voice that seemed to come from everywhere. He turned around, and saw a vague outline of a horselike Pokémon, with a ring around its middle. “Chester, do you wish to be able to evolve once again?”

“Y-Yes sir, I do,” he stuttered. He couldn’t believe this was happening.

“Very well then,” he said. “I will grant you your wish, but beware; this is the last time. Take care of it, and it will pay off.”

“O-Okay,” he said nervously. “B-But how’d you know my name?”

The horse thing seemed to wink. “I know all, and can do all. Now, focus.”

He did, and suddenly, he felt reenergized. He opened his small black eyes, and the Pokémon wasn’t there anymore. He shook his leaf, and yes! The ball was back! He wanted to celebrate, but he couldn’t. He’d have to get training if he wanted to complete his mission. He decided the best way to start would be to eat something. He found a ripe Sitrus berry, and messily started eating. He burped, and laid down. He had done it. He had done what no Cherubi had done before. He started looking for an opponent to battle, but suddenly, he felt something. It felt like pecking, and then a weight was taken away.

He turned around, and a Starly was flying off with his ball in its claws.

-----

Cherubi: Its ball is delicious and nutritious. If it loses the ball, however, it is doomed never to evolve.

-----

Author's note: This place sounds very socially awkward. And no, the ice cream was not Vanillite. They wouldn't go that far.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
I loved this chapter. For some reason, evil ice cream conspiracies always enthralled me, so as soon as I read the first paragraph I was amazed. That final sentence was the best way you could have ended it, props to you.
As for Missingno, if you plan to do more glitch Pokémon, keep it in its own counter. If not, I'd recommend just leaving it.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: I don't plan to do more glitches, so I suppose I'll just discount it. And thanks for the props. I knew adding that line would make it hilarious.

Anyone want to see a follow-up with Cherrim?

This one allowed me to experiment with the simple minds of prehistoric Pokemon. It's similar to Galvantula, but without a host.

Working: Serperior/Dunsparce
Soon: Spiritomb/Blissey, Mamoswine/Rattata

Omanyte, Omastar and Cradily

It was a warm day in the Triassic period. The sun beat down, heating up the tropical waters. A school of about fifteen Omanyte were swimming peacefully through the water, lead by an Omastar. Their blue bodies melted into the colour of the water, and their tan shells were clearly visible. The Omastar’s shell was much larger and more prominent, with large spikes jetting out here and there. They pushed themselves forward with their tentacles, occasionally spewing some water to push forward faster.

The Omastar swam backwards, facing the young crustaceans. It was the leader of the group, since it was the oldest. Some say it was over ninety years old, but no one can prove that. And of course, he never told them how old he was. The Omastar made some clicking noises, calling the Spiral Pokémon to attention. “Now,” he said, “we hunt.”

“We hunt,” the Omanyte echoed.

The Omastar slowly drifted down to the bottom of the reef. He landed among the corals and Corsola, and found a suitable place. The other Omanyte followed. The Omastar was nothing if not patient, and he waited. He waited for prey to appear. Their shells seemed to be part of the reef, and their bodies were almost invisible, save for their large eyes and, in the Omastar’s case, teeth. He waited.

Suddenly, a cloud of sand was kicked up. A small brown shellfish emerged, with big red eyes. The Omastar immediately lashed out at it, and grabbed it with his long tentacles. The Omanyte swarmed it, sticking themselves to its shell and sucking out blood from tiny holes made by their miniscule teeth. The Kabuto started flailing around, but it was no use; it soon died from lack of blood. Then, the Omastar brought the prize closer, and bit into its shell. It cracked, and they began to eat its insides.

“Good,” said the leader.

“Good,” echoed the group.

Next, they found a lone Anorith. They usually ignored this species, as they had sharp claws that hurt when they attacked. But this one was by itself. There were no others who would stab and cause them pain. So they decided they would eat this one.

The brightly coloured Pokémon moved its wings up and down, slowly swimming forward. Its round eyes darted here and there, looking around nervously. The Omanyte all sucked in, and suddenly basted towards the Anorith. They smashed their shells into the poor Pokémon, dazing it and making it flail around. Then they all stuck onto its body. Some of them bound its fins together. Some tied up its claws. But most bit into its back, and started sucking out more blood. It panicked, but suddenly its eyes fell glazed and it died. The Omastar grabbed its fins with his tentacles and pulled them out, consequently breaking open the body. They ate again.

“Good,” said the leader.

“Good,” said the group.

Finally, they came across an unidentified Pokémon. They had never seen one of these before. It was a large creature, green with yellow markings. It had pink tentacles coming out its head, like the ones they had. But it wasn’t an Omanyte, and it wasn’t an Omastar. It was stationary, with its long neck swaying in the current. It smelled of plants, but with a good amount of meat as well. But it was big, and big is good. Big means less hunting. Big means long meal. They moved closer to ambush it.

The Omanyte suddenly appeared, stuck to its head, and started sucking. But this thing wasn’t a pushover like Kabuto or Anorith. It swayed its head wildly, shaking off the Omanyte. They were surprised; a thing that large shouldn’t move fast. But there was no time to think. It snatched some up in its tentacles, and quickly swallowed them whole. The Omanyte panicked, but Omastar wouldn’t give up. He swam forwards, and bit hard onto the Pokémon’s neck. It screeched in pain, and started whipping him with its tentacles.

Eventually, he was forced to let go. The thing tried to catch him and eat him, but he locked tentacles with it. He still had two tentacles left over, and he tried to whip it. But the plant was smart; it ducked, and tied up the other two tentacles. They both began pulling, trying to escape.

Finally, the Omastar gave up. “You let me go, me no eat you,” he said.

“You let me go, me no eat you,” the thing agreed.

They slowly unravelled their tentacles, and the plant went back to sitting around, waiting. The Omastar went back to the remaining Omanyte. “No good,” he said plainly as he shuffled back along the sea floor.

“No good,” they repeated.

-----

Omanyte: They swim in schools. They hunt for prey by synchronizing their movements and all attacking at once.

Omastar: They swim backwards because of their oversized shells. Their powerful teeth crush prey.

Cradily: It stays motionless, waiting for prey to appear. Its long tentacles are used to grasp food if it comes close.

Last edited:

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Happy Canada day! If you aren't Canadian, I hope you still have a great day. I've had this one done for a while now (since Latias/Latios/Magneton that seemed to get readers here), but I'm posting it today.

Still open for requests.

Working: Serperior/Dunsparce, Spiritomb/Blissey
Soon: Mamoswine/Rattata

Bibarel

“Come on, Justin! Wake up!”

The large, brown rodent lazily opened an eye. He yawned and sat up. “Sorry, Kevin. I was up late last night, and I’m just… so… tired…” He couldn’t even finish the sentence before he flopped over and fell asleep again. Kevin tensed up. Justin was always so lazy. He couldn’t pull his weight with a forklift. He’d fall asleep on the dashboard.

Kevin smacked him with his broad tail. “Come on! Get up! We have work to do!”

That got Justin up. “Work?! Really? Oh gosh, I’m so EXCITED!” Then he smacked Kevin back with his own tail. They were only supposed to use their tails for warning calls, but no one else was around. He grabbed a leaf from an overhead tree, ate it, and then fell back asleep.

“Justin! Get up! We need to help the dam!”

Justin chuckled. “You said ‘dam,’” he said with a faint grin.

That got Kevin especially mad. “Come on, Justin! We have to collect forty sticks by ten o’ clock!”

“Or else what?”

“Or else… Well, I don’t know or else! But you know my motto: The more you do today, the less you have to do tomorrow!”

“Mine is, ‘Why do today what you can do in three weeks?’”

“You said that three weeks ago!”

“Can you cover my shift? Please?”

“NO! I’ve covered your shift for EIGHTEEN MONTHS!”

“Please? Just once more?”

“I said no, and I meant no! You have to start working if you want to become head of the lodge!”

“And what if I don’t want to become head of the lodge?”

“B-But everyone wants to become head of the lodge!”

“Then I guess I don’t exist.”

“Just get to work, okay?”

“Will that require getting up?”

“JUST DO IT!”

Finally fully awake, Justin huffed. “Fine, fine. Gosh, I have to do everything around here.” He looked around, and plucked a twig off a nearby branch. He handed it to Kevin. “Here. Stick number one. Now, you get the other thirty-nine. Get me a berry while you’re at it.”

At that sentence, Kevin exploded. “NO! I will NOT get the other thirty-nine! I will NOT get you a berry! DO IT YOURSELF!” The Bibarel threw the dinky twig on the ground and dived into the water.

Justin stared at the twig. Picking it up, he mumbled, “Someone’s got anger issues.” Well, great. Now he’d have to do his own work. He leapt into the crystal clear water, and swam to the old oak tree. He resurfaced, and started snapping off branches.

It really wasn’t that hard. He found he was so overweight(though he preferred to call it “undertall”), he could snap off branches by climbing the tree and sitting on the branch he wanted. He collected about twenty good-sized branches by half past nine.

He swam over to the lodge. Climbing on top, he started placing his branches over weak spots. He could tell because they bent in when he stepped on them. What he didn’t notice was that the head of the lodge was watching.

He went back and collected the remaining twenty. But when he broke off one, a Taillow he hadn’t noticed started attacking him. “Hey! What do you think you’re doing?” the Taillow cried. “I’m trying to prepare for the coming flood! Help! Help!” The blue bird then flew off. Flood? The Bibarel dismissed it as nothing, but then he started thinking about it. The air did smell a bit more watery than usual. And there was a faint rumbling sound. He turned behind him, and saw a huge wave rapidly approaching. He panicked, slapped the water with his tail, and started swimming back to the lodge where the others had already started preparing.

He noticed most of them were trying to gnaw down a huge, thick tree. It would definitely protect them, but they couldn’t do it in time! He was about to dive into the river and prepare for the worst, when he saw the Taillow flock. Suddenly, it hit him.

He whistled, and the Taillow flock flew down. “Guys! I need you to fly me to the top of this tree, and fast!” Despite the fact that they weren’t seeing his plan, they agreed. The at least one hundred Taillow flew the overweight beaver to the top of the weakened tree. When he clung on, he leaned forwards. Slowly, slowly, the tree tipped over. The other Bibarel scattered as the huge cedar fell. With a thundering boom, the immense tree was brought down. The Taillow and Bibarel crowded behind it. Justin, though it took him a while to escape from the leaves, joined as well. And sure enough, his plan worked. The wave washed over the tree, lightly splattering them with small droplets of water. Soon, the flood had finished, and they all moved out.

Justin was about to place the other branches, when he felt a paw on his shoulder. He turned around to see the head of the lodge. “Justin,” he said slowly. “At first, I thought you would never amount to anything. But I saw your quick thinking today, as well as your amazing skill. Your bulkiness came in handy as well.”

“And you’re trying to say…” he asked uncertainly.

“Meet me on the top of the dam in five minutes.”

Five minutes passed, and he was alone with the head of the lodge. The other Bibarel were crowded underneath them. “Bibarel of the Keldeo colony. I am please to introduce our savior, Justin. He saved us all from a horrible flood, at the time when the females are giving birth, no less. To thank him for his immense deed, I would like to honour him with something of the highest value.”

Justin knew what was coming. He grinned ear to ear. His large tail wagged eagerly, and his eyes widened. He squealed with excitement

“Justin Bibarel, I present you with as much candy as you can eat!” exclaimed the head. There were wild cheers from the crowd below, and the head presented him with a huge pile of delicious, savory caramels. He didn’t bother asking where he got them; he dived in and pigged out.

“Who knew work could be worthwhile?”

-----

Bibarel: They alert others by slapping the water with their tails. They constantly collect branches for their dams.

-----

Author’s note: What? You expected Justin to become head of the lodge? Get real!

Shadowy Arceini

(insert title here)
Is Justin Bibarel a reference to Justin Beiber? Also, I see you've changed your style a little that leaves me thinking that this is, sadly, a bit unappealing.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@SA: Yes, Justin is a refernce to Justin Bieber. And I actually wrote that one a while back, I believe before I even had the idea for this. Sorry if I disappointed you, and I hope this one will make up for it.

This one is one of the more serious stories, in complete contrast to what I've been doing lately. It's also one of my longer ones.

Come on, people I need requests!

Working: Spiritomb/Blissey
Soon: Mamoswine/Rattata

Serperior and Dunsparce

Sidney was soaking up sun in the grassy field. He was mostly asleep, but he was alert enough to get away from a predator or strike a potential meal. He flicked out his tongue, and moved around a bit. A bug was flying around his tail. He closed his eyes tighter to fall back asleep, but its constant buzzing was keeping him awake. He decided he’d have to get rid of it.

He shifted around, getting into a good position. The bug was still flying around, but suddenly, he whapped it with his tail and it fell to the ground. He slowly smiled. He remembered where he’d learned that move, from a Miltank in New Jersey. It took him a while to master it, but it certainly paid off. But it was quickly erased from his face. It had reminded him of when he still had a trainer.

He wanted to fall back asleep, but once those memories entered his head, they didn’t leave. He thought back to when he first met his trainer, as a Snivy. Those days seemed so long ago. He remembered battling the first gym, barely holding up against the burning onslaughts of Pansear after his close friend Leslie the Lillipup was taken out. He remembered finally slapping the monkey silly for the win.

He remembered defeating Lenora’s Herdier, Burgh’s Dwebble and Whirlipede, Elesa’s Zebstrika, Skyla’s Swanna, Brycen’s Vanillish, and Drayden’s Haxorus. He remembered one-shotting Clay and tying with Leavanny and Beartic. He remembered when his trainer announced they would be visiting new regions, making new friends, defeating new gyms. But now, he was out here, alone. He shed a tear as he remembered when he first heard his trainer was diagnosed with cancer, and when he was released with everyone else. Stoutland, Vanilluxe, Ampharos, Primeape… all of them. He missed them.

There was one, however, that he was glad to part with. His trainer had caught her because they were apparently related, although he didn’t see it. She was so annoying, and she never stopped talking. He had always hated her, but she remained oblivious. He was glad he never had to hear her high-pitched voice again, until-

“Hi, Sidney!”

Oh, no. He coiled up, trying to camouflage. But it was too late. The source of the cheery, hyper voice was already upon him. The yellow Dunsparce was bounding up to him, barely hovering on her tiny wings. “Hi Sidney! It’s been forever! How are you?”

Sidney stayed with his head in his coils, thinking that if he didn’t respond, she would just go away. That, of course, didn’t happen. When Dunsparce set her mind on something, she didn’t give up. When his trainer was still alive, he hadn’t owned Dunsparce for very long. In fact, he hadn’t ever given her a name. So he and the rest of the team still knew her as Dunsparce.

“Sidney! I know you’re in there! Come on out! Please?” she asked. He sighed, uncoiled, and raised his head up. He still refused to talk back or even make eye contact. If she wanted to talk to him, fine, but they weren’t going to get into a conversation. A conversation needs input from both sides.

Of course, Dunsparce didn’t notice. “Sidney! How have you been holding up since, uh… um…”

“Adrian,” he said in a monotonous voice.

“Yeah! Adrian! So how have you been holding out since Adrian died?”

“I’m not speaking to you.”

“You’re speaking to me now.”

“Just leave me alone, okay?”

“But why?”

“Because I told you to!”

“Can’t we just talk?”

“No! For the last time! What does it take for you to get a hint that I want nothing to do with you?!”

Dunsparce looked hurt. “But, Sidney, I thought we would just talk about anything, like we used to. What happened to you?”

“What do you mean, what happened to me?”

“You used to be friendly. Now you’re stuck-up and mean. When did you turn so bitter?”

“I am NOT bitter!” he suddenly shouted.

She jumped, and started shaking. But she still wanted to know why Sidney was being so mean to her. “Sidney, you are bitter. What happened to the old Sidney? Back then, you were always happy, always optimistic. We were inseparable. But now, you’re just so… cold-blooded.”

He blushed a bit. Okay, maybe he had altered those memories some to fit how he felt now. But he wasn't telling her that. “I was always cold-blooded. I’m a reptile. So are you.”

Suddenly, she got frustrated with him. “Stop being so serious! Look, I know Adrian was a big part of your life. And I know that you miss him. But that doesn’t mean you have to vent out your anger on me! I bet you ten berries that if we just talked, the way we used to, then you’d get happier.”

“And why should I talk to you? Why can’t I talk to anyone else?”

“Because you were the only one who helped me adjust to the team! Everyone else was mean to me, but you welcomed me. I know I only knew Adrian a short time, but I miss him too. And you’re the only one I can actually talk to about it! I have needs too, you know. I want to talk to someone, someone who can sympathize with me and vice versa! Is that too much to ask?”

For whatever reason, Serperior actually felt something when he heard her. He wasn’t sure what it was. He thought, maybe it was because she was usually so happy, but now she was so angry. Or maybe because he was just surprised that she had the nerve to say that to him. But deep inside, he knew the real reason. It was because she was right. He had turned mean. He guessed when Adrian died, he had just gotten so mad and sad at the same time, he just couldn’t be bothered to be happy anymore.

He took a deep breath, and sighed again. “I… I guess you’re right. I suppose I may have turned a bit more edgy. It’s just because, well, I never thought it would happen so soon. I just want to go back. I’m sorry I was harsh with you earlier.” He lowered his head, a sign of true regret.

Dunsparce, it seemed, was out of anger. She hopped over to him, and decided to console him. “See? Didn’t talking just get those bottled-up feelings out of you? It’s okay. Come on, let’s just keep talking. Don’t worry, life will carry on.”

And after that, they did end up talking. They talked about life, death, happiness, humans, Pokémon, clouds, grass, and pretty much everything else under the sun. And in a few days, they were once again the best of friends.

-----

Serperior: It is extremely proud, and will raise its head high to show its dominance.

Dunsparce: Though its wings are small, it can hover for a few seconds. Their main way of travel is hopping around.

Zibdas

not bad
Oo, I liked this one. Definitely a differant tone.

Anyway, for my request... Nosepass and Magneton.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas Thanks, I do occasionally feel a need to switch it up a bit. As for your request, I've already done Magneton(with Latias and Latios!), so I'll switch it with Magnemite. And I think I know what you were going for there. ;)

Gah, Spiritomb/Blissey is harder than I thought. I've got a vague idea for it, but I don't know how it'll work. For now, I'm putting that one on hold. Now today, I bring you a self-requested entry to stall for time get this particular idea out of my head, which I've had for a while now. I do like how it turned out, and hopefully you will too.

Hold: Spiritomb/Blissey
Working:Mamoswine/Rattata
Soon: Nosepass/Magnemite

Bronzong and Magnezone

Ching, ching.

The young scientist was fiddling with a small, red computer. It slightly resembled a Nintendo DS, but it had a circle with a smaller circle inside said circle. He was grumbling to himself, pressing buttons seemingly at random. It was an invention one of his friends had given him, to test. Beside him, there was a large teal bell. It had a pair of long arms spouting from the very top of its body, without hands or fingers. Its body had random patterns all over, that occasionally flashed white. At the bottom, there were two round, red eyes that also flashed white. Between, there was a rectangular row of teeth.

Ding, ding.

The boy sighed. “I don’t know what’s wrong with it. It was working fine when we came in, but now it’s broken. I don’t know what I’ll tell him,” he said, probably to himself, but possibly to the Pokémon beside him.

“Zong. Bron bronzong,” the Bronzong responded, consoling him.

“Come on, Bronzong. We’ll get it fixed later. For now, let’s focus on getting the actual data, okay?”

“Bronzong zong bron,” it said in a deep, mechanical voice.

The boy got up from the rock he was sitting on, for he was in a cave. This was where he and Bronzong had met, as a Bronzor. It was a grand cave, with powerful Pokémon. This was where he had fought off those Team Galactic goons with Bronzor. It was also where he had realized Bronzor’s immense potential for Project Pokémon Index. He, along with four other friends, each set off to a different region to get data on every Pokémon out there. While the others had to carefully study other species, he could do a quick scan with Bronzong and find out everything he needed to know; type, diet, habitats, everything. But the computer they were supposed to input the data into had broken down in here. He hoped he could fix it when they got out.

Ding, dong.

“Come on, Bronzong. Let’s get out of here before we get attacked by wild Pokémon.” The bell grunted and nodded. He then made a “ding” sound, by spinning fast. The trainer smiled. When Bronzong rang quickly, it was a sign he was happy. But when he made a low, long sound, he was going to attack. He returned him to his Poké Ball when that happened.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!

He boy’s eyes suddenly widened as he looked at his Pokémon. It was spinning furiously, and in between was pointing towards an entrance to another part of the cave. Four high-pitched rings meant trouble. He listened, and could hear a faint voice from the cavern. He gasped. “Bronzong, there’s trouble in that cave!”

Bronzong rolled its eyes and made three low rings, as if to say, “Really? I didn’t notice that!”

“No time for that now, Bronzong! Come on, we have to help whoever’s in there!”

Bronzong rang quickly, and the duo headed towards the opening. Before they could step in, however, a flock of purple bats he had identified as Zubat and Golbat flew out of the cave. A few were slower than the rest, seemingly paralyzed. Then, a harsh bolt of electricity blasted out of the cave, frying a spot on the wall behind them. They peered in, and a huge metallic disk was inside, firing off random bolts. It slightly resembled a UFO, but with two magnets at the front and one at the back, and screws on random points. To top it off, on top of its head was an impressive yellow antenna. It suddenly took notice of them with its larger eye. It crackled, and the human gulped.

It fired another bolt of electricity, aimed at Bronzong. He gasped and was about to call a command, but Bronzong beat him to it; it deftly dodged, swirling about in the air.

He gulped again, but this time, had the nerve to call out a command. “Bronzong! Use your Hypnosis attack on that Pokémon!” Bronzong made a sound of agreement, and it created two blue rings from its eyes. When the UFO passed through them, it suddenly slowed down. It lowered itself to the ground, and quietly fell asleep.

The boy went up to it, afraid it would suddenly wake up and incinerate him. Luckily, that didn’t happen. He was about to have Bronzong scan it, but he heard a beeping from his pocket. He took out the computer, opened it, and it was working again. “Huh, the index is working again. That’s good news, because we can get some information down about this thing, and more importantly, avoid it. Let’s see what’s been agitating it,” he said.

He walked around it, carefully examining it. He looked around, and noticed a strange sheet on its underbelly. He gently took it off, and saw it was some sort of metal sheet covered in sharp spikes. He looked back, and sure enough, there were small puncture holes where he pulled it off. “Bronzong,” he called. “Get me my Metal Coat, please.” Bronzong make a ringing sound, and rummaged around in his bag. Eventually, it pulled out a small gray case, and handed it to its master.

He opened up the can, and inside was a sheet of extra-strong tinfoil. First, he sprayed a Super Potion over the injury. Then, he gently placed the foil over the wound, and patted it down. “There,” he said. “This will heal up this Pokémon, and the Metal Coat will stop it from getting infected, or rusted. Now Bronzong, do a quick scan.”

Bronzong nodded, and emitted a blue aura from its eyes. The UFO took on the same baby-blue aura, and the patterns on Bronzong’s body flashed white. Soon, the aura died down. The trainer took two speakers, put them over Bronzong’s eyes, and they charged energy into the index. When it stopped, he picked up the computer and saw its name: Magnezone. It was an Electric and Steel type, but so far they’ve only been found it Mt. Coronet, despite the fact that Magnemite and Magneton have a much more diverse habitat. He wrote down a short blurb about it from what his experience with it had been.

Suddenly, he noticed something odd. “Hey, Bronzong, I haven’t written up anything about you yet.”

“Zong bron bronzong?” Bronzong asked.

Its trainer smiled. “Okay, I have something about you too.” And he quickly jotted it down.

-----

Bronzong: It rings at different tones, pitches, and speeds to convey its feelings.

Magnezone: It emits a strong electrical pulse that shuts down computers. It dies down when it falls asleep.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Where I was going? I just like Nosepass and three is my fourth favourite number.
Stilly, I really liked this one. Bronzong's interactions were cute.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
You should start a list of the pokemon you've done. Before you get to have a ton of shorts like the other dex thread~ :>

Liking most of them so far~!

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: I was guessing it was because they both evolve in Mt. Coronet. Oh well, still an epic combination.

@lindsy95: Glad to know you're enjoying them! And I do actually have a list of my completed Pokemon, it's on the first post in the thread. It's actually extremely long.

Mamoswine/Rattata actually gave me agood idea from the start. I did enjoy writing it. And Magnezone/Bronzong. And Cherubi. And... Heck with it, I enjoyed writing all of them.

Hold: Spiritomb/Blissey
Working: Nosepass/Magnemite
Soon: No one.

Mamoswine and Rattata

“Museum is now closed. Please leave through the nearest exit,” boomed the voice over the intercom. People suddenly began to file through the museum to leave, if they hadn’t already. The swarms of humans left Mamoswine’s side, but he didn’t mind that much. After all, it had been a tiring day. Today was “families-half-off” day, and that meant nearly every family in Sinnoh had flocked to Oreburgh to see him. He was, as far as he knew, one of the only species of his kind left. The rest had gone extinct.

The museum’s lights were shut off, encasing him in almost total darkness. One of the curators came up to him, holding a sack. He put the sack on the floor, revealing several heads of lettuce. “There’s your dinner, boy. I’m surprised you put up with all those bratty kids, especially the one who started punching your tusks to see if they were ice.”

“<Yeah, and don’t forget the one who wet himself while he was riding me. Ugh,>” replied the Mamoswine, although he knew the human couldn’t understand him. “<Ooh, iceberg lettuce! My favourite!>” he exclaimed, and began chowing down. After putting away about four whole heads, he trumpeted happily.

The man smiled. “Oh, and Dean won’t be here tonight. It’s his day off, so I’m trusting you to fend for yourself. But don’t start rampaging if you see some bad guys. Remember, trumpet to the guards in the other exhibits, and they’ll come. If worst comes to worst, freeze them with Ice Beam, okay?”

Mamoswine grunted and nodded. “Good,” said the man. “Now, finish up and go to sleep. You’ve had a rough day.”

“<You’re darn right, I have,>” said the Mamoswine. The man left, and he started eating more lettuce. Despite his unfriendly demeanor, he was a peaceful herbivore. At first, he was very disagreeable, but eventually, they found the way to tame him was with food, particularly iceberg lettuce. He loved the food, and he would eat it whenever given the opportunity. In fact, he became so attached to the lettuce, the museum began having feeding sessions, where, for a small fee, one could get a head of lettuce and feed it to him. And obviously, he didn’t complain.

-----

“Go on, get in there,” said the man. He was dressed completely in black, and there was a large red “R” on his shirt. Beside him was another man who was wearing the same outfit. A purple mouse was scurrying to the window, from the orders of his trainers. She was grumbling about them under her breath, but he had threatened that if she didn’t, she’d be on the menu next for his partner’s Ekans.

She expertly crawled up the wall, up to a window, and began chewing on the glass. Every few minutes, she had to spit for fear of getting broken glass in her mouth. She wanted to attack the window with Hyper Fang, but the grunts ordered her not to. Creates too much noise, they said. She’d rather risk getting busted than risk getting seriously injured. Eventually, she made a hole big enough, but sure enough, a stray piece of glass lodged itself in her foot, causing her to squeal in pain.

Meanwhile, Mamoswine had watched all of this. At first, he didn’t know what to make of the tiny rodent. He could have stepped on her, but he saw how much pain she was in. He decided to be friendly, and he let a frigid blast of air out of his nostrils. The Rattata’s foot became encased in ice, as the piece of glass fell out. “<There,>” he said. “<That should stop the bleeding.>”

She turned her head upwards, and suddenly cowered at the menace of a Pokémon that stood before her. She couldn’t even stammer out a word. Fortunately, he didn’t expect a response. “<So, you’re breaking and entering in my territory. I do believe you know you shouldn’t do that.>”

She nodded weakly.

“<So then why did you?>”

She gulped, and wasn’t sure if she wanted to answer. But when Mamoswine stomped right next to her, almost squashing her tail, she spoke up. “<B-be-because there are bad people outside who made me do it! I don’t want to, but they said if I didn’t, I’d get fed to his Ekans and I don’t want to become food but I don’t want to do this either and I just want to leave!>”

Mamoswine began thinking. There was a chance this mouse was telling the truth, but it could also be to let his guard down. So he tested her. “<So,>” he said. “<Would you say the same thing if you were frozen in a block of ice and about to get stepped on?>”

She turned whiter than a Reshiram, and for a second, Mamoswine thought she was dead. Fortunately, she gained enough strength(and blood pressure) to respond. “<Yes-yes, I would, uh, mister, Mamoswine,” she stuttered.

He grunted again. “<So, you don’t want to be a part of that organization.>”

“<No, no I don’t.>”

“<So, would you be willing to bust those guys?>”

Her eyes widened. “<Yes, yes I most definitely would! They force me to do their dirty work, it sucks! Can we?>”

“<Of course. Now here’s the plan.>”

-----

Rattata scurried up to the window. She made a movement for the grunts to follow. As they ran for the window, they talked to each other. “This is awesome!” said the first grunt. “After we capture that Mamoswine, we’ll get promoted to executives and get a raise too!”

“Definitely! And we wouldn’t have done it if we couldn’t blackmail that Rattata. Thank the lord for Ekans!”

Rattata made a quick motion, and ran away from the room. They didn’t know what happened, but they assumed it smelled food. Oh well, they had gotten in. And, the Mamoswine was still asleep. They could tie it up, and then get it out of the museum. It was perfect!

They slowly crept up to the sleeping Pokémon, and began tying up its leg. Suddenly, an ear-splitting sound erupted from Mamoswine’s nose. The grunts jumped, and security guards came running in, Rattata at their side. The grunt gasped on seeing his Pokémon with the guards. “Why you little traitor!” he exclaimed. “My Ekans will have your head!”

“<Not if I have anything to say about it,>” retorted Mamoswine. He quickly shot out a freezing beam of energy, and froze up the hand holding Ekans Poké Ball. Next, he froze them completely, sealing them up in a block of ice. He then tried to high-five Rattata with his tusk, but luckily he realized he would probably kill the injured rodent. Instead, Rattata barely managed to climb his shaggy fur, and patted him with her frozen paw.

“All right, let’s get these two to Officer Jenny’s. Thanks Mamoswine. You too, Rattata, although I’m not sure where you came from.”

After the guards carried away the popsicle’d thieves, Mamoswine started talking to Rattata. “<I think you’ll need to stay here awhile to heal. The ice may have stopped the bleeding, but a frozen foot can’t be very good for you.>”

“<Won’t the museum people chase me out?>” she asked.

“<Don’t worry. I’ll let them know you helped in the capture, and I’m sure they’ll give you a little nook to rest and recover. I promise.>”

She grinned. “<You really think so? Thanks, mister Mamoswine.>”

He smiled back. “<Call me Marcus.>”

-----

Mamoswine: It thrived in ice ages, but went nearly extinct when temperatures rose. It trumpets when in danger.

Rattata: Its long teeth can gnaw through anything. It can run extremely fast under the threat of a predator.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Oh, I scrolled to the bottom of the first post looking for the list... XD
Now link them all.

Team Rocket noobs.

You seem to be short on requests... How about...~
Hmm.
Ditto and Smeargle?

Zibdas

not bad
Iceberg lettuce being the favorite of an Ice-type.
I see what you did there.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@lindsy95: Ok, I'll do that. Just not right now. And I accept Ditto/Smeargle.

@Zibdas: I was hoping someone would get that.

Some bad news. I will be going on a hiatus. A very, very, very brief hiatus, but a hiatus nonetheless. I'm going to Niagara Falls, which means no Wi-fi. I'm going tomorrow and returning on Monday, and that hopefully means I'll get some ideas on Blissey/Spiritomb. So don't freak out over the fact that I haven't updated for three days.

Honestly, now I can't get the image of a ninja Rattata jumping into the air, doing a somersault, and crashing through a window with its teeth out of my head.

Anyway, here's Nosepass/Magnemite!

Working: Ditto/Smeargle
Soon: Spiritomb/Blissey

Nosepass and Magnemite

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

That was all he had to do. Just keep breathing. He preferred to keep things simple, and not bother with unnecessary things like moving. He did move occasionally, but that was only to eat. He didn’t mind when Bug-types started crawling over him or ivy began wrapping around him; in fact, he enjoyed it. It made him blend more.

He stood atop a great hill, dotted with flowers and lush green grass. It was a landing spot for many Jumpluff who had been flying for days, or Zigzagoon who wanted a place to sleep. He had been standing there for who knows how long. Eighteen, maybe nineteen years. He had wanted to move for so long, but every day he just couldn’t bring himself to do it.

To the unobservant eye, it would have looked like he was asleep. You couldn’t really blame them, as he kept his brown eyes tightly shut constantly. He hadn’t seen the world since it happened years ago. He knew he should be moving on by now, but he had been dwelling on the past for so long now. He didn’t see any reason to stop now.

He focused his magnetic powers behind him, and yes, it was still there. It was shrouded in vines and leaves, but it was still there. His Poké Ball. His first Poké Ball. The one his trainer had never bothered to destroy, to officially release him. He had just recalled him, and dropped it on the ground. He never came back. Eventually, he released himself, but didn’t see his trainer anyway. So he stood on top of the hill and waited for him to return.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After many weeks, he realized his trainer wasn’t coming back. But by then, he had slipped into such a lazy state he didn’t even bother moving. Every now and then, trainers would come to the top of the hill and notice him. Most just tried throwing a Poké Ball at him. Luckily, he found that since he was still technically owned by a trainer, they bounced right off his rocky exterior. Others tried attacking him. Most times, he could endure the attacks and convince them he was just a statue. Sometimes, they did manage to overpower him, and he fell into a state of unconsciousness. Fortunately for him, he didn’t fall over, and they went on thinking he was just a statue. He did eventually revive, and he went right back to waiting.

He had had a bad experience with humans, which is why he didn’t fight back. He didn’t wish to be captured again. His previous trainer had been cruel and unkind to him, constantly threatening to replace him if he didn’t work harder. That no-good Magnemite he had with him constantly didn’t help much either. It was always taunting him, attacking him when his trainer wasn’t looking, attacking him when his trainer WAS looking, anything it could do to cause him pain. But still, he trained every day, and tried to meet his impossible expectations. And then, one day, his trainer just threw his Poké Ball on top of this hill, like a piece of trash. Now that he escaped from that, he never wanted to go through it again.

But, little by little, he was weakening.

There was one who he was seriously considering revealing to her that he was not an inanimate object shaped after a strange creature with an absurdly large nose. He didn’t actually know her name, but he knew she had a Magnemite as well, who, from the looks(or rather, sounds) of it, was a female as well. He didn’t actually know what she looked like either, as he had never opened his eyes. That might give him away, and he didn’t want to reveal himself to anyone he wasn’t entirely sure about.

Every day, she gave him scraps of iron to eat, and she talked to him, although he never gave a response. Her Magnemite was nothing like his previous trainer’s; she was friendly, and though she didn’t believe wholeheartedly he was alive, she still encouraged her trainer plenty. If he understood correctly, she was camping out at the bottom of the hill. He could tell because he could sense Magnemite down there. They came up every day, giving him food that Magnemite found. Though he was normally carnivorous, he would accept metals if prey was scarce. Or if he didn’t want to get up.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

He had to remain calm, still as stone, as the girl and her Pokémon were coming up the hill. As far as he knew, Magnemite was her only Pokémon. It floated up, making a slight buzzing noise that irritated the Caterpie crawling over him and caused them to flee. The human was a little taller than he was, enough so that she had to kneel down to actually get to the same height. And again, today, she talked to him.

“Listen,” she started. “It’s been fun coming here every day to talk to you and play. Right, Magnemite?” The Pokémon in question nodded happily. She smiled, and continued. “Look, I’m going to be leaving soon. My dad was relocated again, and we have one day to pack up our stuff and go. My brothers both caught a Pokémon while they were here, and I’m hoping you’d come with me.”

He did hear her, but still opted not to move.

“I know you’re a Pokémon, because the little iron scraps I leave here every day for you are always gone when I come back the next day. And yeah, I know another Pokémon like Aron could have come by and eaten it, but I know it was you. I’m getting a strong vibe from you, and I know you’re in there somewhere. You may come across as solid and boring, but I know you have lots of potential.” Her Magnemite nodded again.

“I think I know why you want to be seen as a statue. I think it’s because you’re lonely. You have something missing from your life. Maybe a family member died, maybe you parted with a good friend, maybe you were released by a trainer. Who knows.”

At the last one, he nearly sweated, but took it back in fast enough. “Anyway, I was just hoping. Maybe, just maybe, you could come with me. Maybe I could fill that void. Just a thought, and it’s up to you. So, will you come out and travel with me, or stay here?”

She, as much as he hated to admit it, had brought up a good point. Both options had their pros and cons. She seemed nice enough, but what she did end up being one of those people who worked their Pokémon too hard? And she said “travel.” Would that mean he’d be battling other Pokémon? He hadn’t moved in nearly twenty years; he couldn’t be that experienced. Plus, he’d have to do things the complicated way, adding plenty of unnecessary things to his daily routine. He didn’t need that.

But then again, as safe as it was to just sit up here, it was also terribly boring. There was nothing he could do. Also, adding new things could be good, as he had just breathed and eaten for almost twenty years. He was due for a change of pace, as he still had another twenty to burn. Plus, if he left, there was a chance he could escape the bad memories of his previous trainer, and replace them with newer, better ones. He could finally rid himself of that cursed Poké Ball.

What should he do?

-----

Nosepass: It locates metal objects with its powerful electric abilities. They have a lifespan of about forty years.

Magnemite: It sometimes attracts small metal objects to itself. It creates a subtle buzzing noise that causes headaches.

-----

Author’s note: I really, REALLY wanted to stick a “My nose isn’t THAT big,” line in here somewhere, but I couldn’t find an appropriate time. Oh well, I guess that’ll have to wait for Probopass.

EDIT: What better place than here to rank up?

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Awww, poor little guy. Made me sad. I knew picking my favourite Pokémon would have disadvantages.