• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Alpha Dex (rated PG)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
This looks really similar to Pokedex One-Shots? Does Ysavvryl know this exists? :p

Anywho, I'd like to request Musharna/Flygon

/lolrandompairing.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: I wouldn't really call it imprisoned, more like slaved by persuasion.

@Mon1010: Yes, she knows this exists. She probably isn't reading this, but she knows it exists. And though I said I wouldn't be taking requests for a while, I'll accept that for two reasons:

1: I like random comboes.

2: Everyone who submitted submitted Flygon. XD

Anyway, here's Flygon and Musharna and Cacturne! And I really like this Musharna.

Flygon, Musharna, and Cacturne

Kush the Musharna was worried. It had been nearly five hours since his trainer had left and told him to guard the campsite. But there had been no sign of her since she left. It seemed like she had dropped off the face of the earth. Then again, they were in unfamiliar territory: a desert, where he wasn’t sure what was friend and what was foe. This place was huge, and had enormous sandstorms at random times; it would be easy to get lost.

But, five hours? He knew that it was the same area for miles and miles, and that his trainer had no sense of direction. But this was unreal. It couldn’t be natural. Was she in danger? He sweated, thinking about what would happen if she was attacked by wild Pokémon when she was all by herself. He couldn’t just sit here! He had to save her. But where was she? He closed his eyes, focusing himself. He strengthened the psychic link he and his trainer shared, to summon up an image of her current situation.

The pink mist floated out of his forehead. Once an appropriate amount had appeared, he opened his eyes again. The mist swirled around, gaining some colours, slowly, slowly, until he could see and hear what was happening. Her long, brown hair was swirling around, covering her face. A few berries flew out of her bag, spinning around, getting filled with sand. Enormous towers of sand surrounded her, raising huge veils of sand occasionally. She was coughing violently. And all the while, a strange, mystical humming filled the air. It was unearthly, almost scary. He called out to her, despite the fact that he knew she couldn’t hear. Then the image evaporated.

He had to save her! He couldn’t just leave her alone. It was a trainer’s Pokémon’s duty. He took a big breath, coughed out some sand he inhaled, and set off to find her.

-----

Oh, great. Now he was lost. Kush looked around, fear in his eyes. All around him was sand. Sand, sand, sand. Everywhere. There was no way to tell which direction to go. He began to hyperventilate, but promptly stopped when he realized that if he fainted in the middle of the desert, he’d be a sitting duck for predators. But how could he find his way back? If he just kept going forward, he’d eventually need water and food. “<What am I going to do? I’m lost in the middle of nowhere!>” he wailed.

“<Psst.>”

He froze, wide-eyed. Had something talked to him, or was he hallucinating? If he hallucinated, his mist would create the dreams into reality, and that would be bad. He might unleash a horrible monster upon an unprepared world. But then again, he could also make a dancing monkey with a corn cob up its nose. He shivered, scared of anything that moved.

Suddenly, the cactus to his right raised its arm.

He shrieked and blasted the plant with his strongest attack, Psybeam. That would have blasted a hole through any normal cactus, but this one wasn’t even affected. He curled up on the sand, too scared to even twitch.

The cactus suddenly lifted a foot out of the desert sand, and spun around. It had an odd smile on its face, created from punctured holes. A green, pointy hat was on its head, covered in gritty sand. It had many small spikes all across its body, and a pair of yellow eyes. It slowly, almost menacingly, made its way towards the cowering Psychic. Kush watched, helplessly, with wide eyes. The cactus continued his slow and steady walk towards the pink Pokémon, and said, “<Hola, amigo!>”

Musharna screamed and started kicking up sand with his stubby limbs, in a desperate(and not very effective) attempt to escape. The Cacturne, on the other hand, drooped his shoulders and placed his head in his right hand. “<Ay caramba,>” he muttered with a Mexican accent. “<Calm down, muchacho! I’m not here to hurt you.>”

The pink Pokémon gulped, but stopped kicking sand in the Cacturne’s face. “<Th-then what do you want with me?>” he cried.

“<I want to eat you,>” he said sarcastically. Unfortunately, this set off Kush’s fear alarm, as he again started screaming his head off. “<Whoa, whoa, amigo! I didn’t mean it, I was joking! Sheesh, you need a serious chill pill.>”

Musharna started breathing normally again. “<Well, next time don’t joke.>”

Cacturne sighed; he had never met a Pokémon this serious, or paranoid, in his life. “<You said that you were lost. I know this desert better than anyone else. I can help you find your way out, if you’d like.>”

He regarded the cactus skeptically(and still with some fear), but didn’t say anything. “<But I don’t need the way out. I need to find my human. She’s trapped somewhere, by whirling sand towers and mystical voices.>”

“<Hmm…>” he put a hand on his chin, “<I think I might know where she is. But if I’m correct, she’s in grave danger. Vamanos, amigo. We don’t have much time.>”

“<What?>” he cried.

“<Trust me, I know where she is. Come on.>”

“<Okay… Hey, I didn’t catch your name.>”

“<Call me Jose.>”

“<Okay, then, ‘Jose,’ I’m Kush.>”

“<Kush?>”

“<Don’t ask. Just move!>”

Jose nodded, and started running. Despite the enormous sandstorms, Kush was finding it difficult to keep up. He moved surprisingly fast in the thick sand. The Psychic had to propel himself with his powers just to move, while the Cacturne ran like his trainer at her track meets.

After five minutes of running, the sandstorm was beginning to wear down Kush. But Jose seemed completely unaffected. “<How do you put up with this sand?>” he asked his comrade, exhaustion in his voice.

“<Simple, amigo. Exercising every day, and living in this place, where the sand is rushing everywhere, doesn’t hurt. I naturally built up an immunity after all these years. But no time for that, look!>” He pointed north, and sure enough, an immense dust devil was spinning in a concentrated spot. Eerie voices could be heard.

Musharna gasped. “<That’s where my trainer’s trapped! We have to go get her, now!>”

“<Agreed, amigo. And I also happen to know who’s causing it. The sandstorm’s too thick to move through. Come with me.>”

They ran up to the twister, where Cacturne announced loudly, “<Show yourself, fiend!>”

The sand spun faster, almost making understandable words.

“<Fine. Have it your way,>” Jose said before launching three rounds of Bullet Seed at the twister. Something inside screamed, and the tower disintegrated. Revealed were Musharna’s trainer, looking scared out of her wits, and a great tan dragon. She had large, rhombus-like wings that beat subtly. She also had enormous red coverings over her eyes, and a devious grin on her face. With a huge flap of her wings, she created a small tornado, as if demonstrating her power and daring them to mess with her.

“<Flygon!>” Jose demanded. “<What are you doing to this innocent child?>”

Flygon? thought Kush. I’ll make a mental note to avoid that species, if we come across it again.

The dragon smirked. “<Oh, come on, Jose. Don’t be such a stick in the mud. I was just playing with her, and maybe persuading her into capturing me…>”

“<Oh no you don’t, you evil spirit! I’ll defeat you no matter what!>”

“<Big words from a little sprout like yourself,>” she taunted. “<And what’s that by your side, a Musharna?>”

“<Kush,>” the Psychic said quietly.

“<Whatever. You can’t defeat me. Now scram. Or better yet, taste Draco Meteor!>” she yelled. She summoned up a yellow ball that radiated pure energy. Musharna looked to his partner for help, but Jose had disappeared. He glanced back just in time to see Cacturne deliver a fierce blow to Flygon’s face, knocking her down in a fit of screaming. Then, he launched a powerful Brick Break attack to her neck causing her to screech in pain. He grabbed her tail and attempted to swing her, but she got back up and swung the Grass Pokémon around instead.

“<Hey, a little help here!>” Jose called to Kush as he was furiously spun, every turn threatening to toss him into the sky.

“<Help, right!>” he said worriedly. Flygon was a, a, Dragon, right? And a Ground type. So, it was weak to… ice! Kush focused on a frigid landscape, with ice coating the ground and huge icicles jetting up everywhere. He released a blue cloud of mist from his head, and suddenly, the hot desert turned to a cold island, like you might find in the Arctic. Flygon immediately felt the temperature drop, and in turn dropped Cacturne.

“<Ack, so cold, so cold!>” she cried. She beat her wings furiously to get some heat back into her body, but to no avail; soon she became extremely sluggish. She fell out of the sky and crashed on some icicles, where Jose grabbed her by her tail, swung her twice, and then threw her into the distance.

As soon as she escaped the frigid temperatures, she started flying properly again. “<I’ll get you one day, I swear!>” she yelled. “<And your little Psychic too!>” she flew off into the sunset, cackling all the way.

After she was out of sight, Kush retracted the cold dream and rushed toward his trainer, where he was tightly embraced. “I’m so sorry, Kush! I shouldn’t have been so careless, but I saw Flygon and wanted to catch her, but she caught me instead. Thanks so much for coming to save me, you’re the best Pokémon ever!” She began crying tears of joy.

Kush smiled as well, happy to be back with his human. But he noticed Jose walking off, and called out to him. “<Hey, Jose! Where are you going?>”

“<Well, my work here is done. Adios, amigo!>” he called back.

Kush was about to settle it there, when he remembered: they were still stranded in the desert. “<Wait, wait!>” he yelled to the Grass-type. “<We’re still lost; can you help us out?>”

The Cacturne smiled. “<Si, of course. Follow me.>” And so, the human and Pokémon pair made it safely out of the Whispering Desert and back on track, thanks to the help of a friendly Cacturne.

-----

Musharna: The dreams it creates from its forehead can occasionally manipulate themselves into reality. It shares a link with its trainer that strengthens in times of strife.

Flygon: It regulates its body temperature by beating its wings. The wings beating sound eerily like human voices.

Cacturne: It disguises itself as a plant to lure in prey. It attacks foes with precise chops and blows with its needle-covered arms.

Zibdas

not bad
Kush.
Gee, wonder where that name came from. o3o

Also, I half expected something like this, but with José and FLygon's roles reversed. Interesting.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: It's the name I gave to my Musharna in-game. And yeah, I expected you to expect for that, so I made Cacturne friendly. Yay!

I'm willing to take one more regular request, specifically for the fall equinox.

Anyway, I know I'm a day late for this, but here's the entry for Grandparent's Day. This was also on request, so I chose Archeops. It's a fossil, grandparents are old, you know. This story is part comical, part gruesome, and part edible. I have know idea where this came from, though probably from watching the new Doctor Who on Saturday. Anyhow, on with the show!

Archeops

“Ku-rah!”

The young Cranidos yelped as he dashed through the forest. His large, thick head impaled any rocks and trees that happened to be in his way as he blindly charged. He was being pursued. He had to escape if he didn’t want to be torn apart and eaten. He ran as fast as he could, pushing his small legs far past their limit. It was close behind. He knew.

A sharp screech echoed through the forest. Behind him, a blue and yellow bird had her wings spread, chasing the blue Pokémon. She was running faster than her target ever could, slowly gaining on him. Occasionally, she leapt and flapped her feathered arms, flying up a small bit. She had been chasing him for a long while and she was tiring. So finally, she used her last ounce of strength and pounced on the Cranidos, causing them both to tumble and struggle. But the Archeops bit him in the neck, instantly killing the small dinosaur.

Placing a clawed foot on her prize, she held her head up and cawed. She glanced around. She was no longer in the shaded, cool jungle. There were no more trees looming over them, or calls of other Pokémon. Now, sand surrounded her. The gentle waves splashed against the shore, and all along the beach were fishing Pokémon from Slowpoke to Chikorita. But this didn’t concern her. After tearing through his thick skin, she gorged herself on flesh. Blood and chunks of meat spilled out over the yellow sand, inevitably attracting flies and scavenger Pokémon. Aesthetics were of no matter to an apex predator like her.

After eating her fill, she flicked a tail feather on the body to claim it as hers and to keep scavengers away. She tore off one more chunk and ate it thoughtfully. It was tough and thick, somewhat dry, salty and slightly metallic. But a high-pitched cry startled her and made her look up.

There, a flock of five Aerodactyl were soaring through the air. The purple pterosaurs made magnificent formations in the sky, cawing and screeching as they spun around. Archeops felt a pang of jealousy. She was much more powerful than them. But she couldn’t fly. She liked to think that the extra power she packed weighed her down. Then, the Aerodactyl dived into the water. Soon, they emerged, each one carrying a Kabuto or Magikarp in their mouths, and that’s what got to her.

For the longest time, she had longed to taste a sea-dwelling Pokémon, or even a regular fish. But since she couldn’t fly very well, she couldn’t dive like the Aerodactyl. Even though she could fly a little bit, water dampened her feathered wings and killed her flying ability. She had tried scavenging for fish, but most Pokémon ate the entire meal by themselves, or brought it to their nests for hungry babies.

Archeops sighed. She’d never get a water Pokémon. But eating the same flesh every day got boring. It lost flavour, and eventually made her hate it. It got disgusting. She wanted… no, needed something else to eat. It was tedious and boring, eating the same thing every day.

So from that moment, Archeops made it her goal to catch a fish.

But… how? When she looked around, she realized there were plenty of ways to catch fish. One of them would have to work for her. So looking around, she first noticed a Shieldon. Shieldon were omnivores, eating mainly plants but also needing meat. But their rounded, blunt snouts couldn’t eat carrion or other normal meat, so they fished. Archeops walked over to one that was waiting on the shore and watched carefully. The small, doglike dinosaur sat down at the water’s edge and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

-----

It had been nearly an hour. Archeops was getting horribly bored. She was thinking of finding a different Pokémon to watch, but suddenly, a large bass swam up to the shoreline. Shieldon instantly snapped at it, catching it in his jaws. He held his head up high, and walked away to find a quieter place to eat his prize.

That looked simple enough, if mind-numbing. She sat at the edge of the lake, peering into the crystal-clear waters. She watched.

And watched.

And watched.

And watched.

-----

Now, it had been almost five hours. What did Shieldon have that she didn’t? Then, she noticed the blood that was still somehow dripping from her mouth. She wiped it off. It occurred to her then that she had the scent of a carnivore, which was probably driving the fish away. But apparently, that didn’t matter to a rather large Relicanth who lazily swam dangerously close to shore.

Archeops tensed and prepared to strike. It steadily moved closer and closer, nibbling on some swaying seaweed, before it was in range. Then, she charged. She snapped out, but missed by a mere inch. In shock, the Relicanth blasted her with water, soaking her thin feathers and dunking her in the ocean. It then launched a round of small rocks, causing her considerable pain and near-drowning her. It swam away afterwards, no doubt to tell the other fish that the one that smelled like bird and meat was dangerous.

She sighed. All that time spent waiting and waiting was for naught. But she wouldn’t give up. She ran around the beach, looking for other Pokémon. She noticed a Chikorita, fishing by sticking its tasty leaf in the water and waiting for a bite. But though it was attracting more fish than it could eat, she couldn’t mimic that because she didn’t have an edible part of her body. She toyed with the idea of stealing a fish from the green Pokémon, but those Meganium that protected the young Chikorita weren’t something you wanted to mess with.

But she did notice a Slowpoke fishing with its tail. Slowpoke were easy prey, but they weren’t very tasty. Although maybe she could fish like it. She climbed onto a sturdy log, put some bait in the form of leftover Cranidos meat on her tail, and dipped it in the water. She found this way to be far more efficient, as she caught fifteen fish in just a few minutes. She piled them up, grabbed a larger one, and chomped down.

On nothing.

Archeops opened her eyes, and saw an Aerodactyl with her fish in its mouth. It smirked, swallowed the fish whole, and then cawed in a mocking manner. Then, a whole flock of them swooped down and ate her entire pile, followed by a baby that bit the meat off her tail. She screeched in pain, and fruitlessly attempted to pursue them before falling in the water. She cursed as she climbed out of the sea, shaking out her feathers and trying to dry off. She silently swore at the purple Pokémon. They stole her well-earned fish! And now she was out of bait. She huffed angrily.

Dumb Aerodactyl. They could catch their own fish. Why’d they have to steal hers? They were just big bullies. Big, fat, stupid bullies. She glared at the perch they were on, laughing it up and gorging themselves on her fish. But if she caught more, they’d just steal it again. Defeated, she wandered off into the forest. She was starving. She supposed she was never going to taste a sea Pokémon.

Just then, a Magikarp with a fedora fell out of the sky.

Archeops startled and leapt back. The fish flopped around for a moment, but managed to get some water from a puddle back in his gills. He noticed the yellow bird and introduced himself. “Hello there, citizen! My name is Ronald P. Dangerfield. I’m a time-traveler, as you can probably tell. I seem to have gotten myself in quite the pickle. You see, being a fish, I need to breathe water. And I need to have water in my gills to time travel. I don’t suppose you could redirect me to the nearest lake or river, miss?”

Archeops took in the current scenario. There was a sea Pokémon. In front of her. Unable to move. And she was hungry. She smiled, revealing many small, sharp teeth.

“…miss?”

And so Ronald P. Dangerfield was never heard from again.

-----

Archeops: It is very intelligent and devises plans to catch prey. It is better at running than flying.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
I feel like I'm missing something with that name.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: Do you mean Kush or Roger P. Dangerfield? If Kush, well, it was actually the name of a really old cartoon character, and it just sounds fitting for a Musharna. As for Roger P. Dangerfield, I have absolutely no idea where that came from. It sort of just sounds appropriate for a time traveler.

Anyway, since no one requested a fall entry, I'll put Chikorita/Bayleef for that holiday. I have a good idea.

Yanmega and Absol

It was one of the few calm periods of the day. The wind stayed still, and the clouds above didn’t budge. It was if nature itself was preparing for the coming battle. Everyone was busily readying themselves. People and Pokémon not involved in the war were getting food and water ready in case they needed to flee. Hoenn, the region under attack, was preparing to retaliate. And the Ezera region, the attacker, was getting missiles and other various weapons together for ambush. But perhaps the busiest place was the white-and-green bunker just south of Rindel City.

Inside, a Yanmega was beating his long wings, eager to battle. He was a large, menacing Pokémon with a thin green body, bright red eyes, and three pairs of black legs. On his normally clear wings, a green rectangle with a white circle had been painted; the sign of Ezera. He flitted around erratically, waiting for orders from his chief. In the meantime, he occupied himself by launching Silver Wind at the many practice dummies.

Finally, the boss walked in. He was a large man, with a thin goatee and various gold medals sprawled across his camouflage jacket. “Alright, Yanmega,” he said in a gruff voice. “Time to set up. Hoenn may have the number advantage, but we got the technology to beat ‘em good. We’ve detected a weakness, a flaw in their plan. We got info that their headquarters is set up in Fortree City. But all their houses are up high in the trees, so we can set up the traps without being discovered. We’re going be setting off highly sensitive explosives, so we need only the best. You, of course.”

He buzzed, pleased.

“Now, come on. Get in the van.” Yanmega nodded and flew off. Once he got outside the bunker, he felt telltale signs that summer would be over soon. Instead of warm temperatures, the air was beginning to get chilly. For now, he was fine, but soon he’d have to wear dumb little sweaters that hindered his flying abilities. The leaves on the trees weren’t a straight green anymore either. They were turning a medley of red, yellow, brown and orange. But he paid these little matters no mind, and flew off into a large but inconspicuous van that blended in amazingly well with the background. In the back of the van, there were many large crates marked “Highly Sensitive Bombs.” He dropped himself on the biggest one and wondered how they were going to execute the plan today.

He had been a war Pokémon since the day he had hatched. He had practiced his skills beating up dummies and robots until he was two weeks old. Then, he was in the first battle against Hoenn. And despite all the gunfire and random missile shots, he managed to dodge every single bullet and even take out some opponent Pokémon. He owed it to his amazing flying capabilities and his 360 degree view. Ever since he evolved, he’d just improved.

He settled down on one of the crates and fell asleep, as the drive would take a few hours.

-----

Absol was fast asleep as well. She was a canine-like Pokémon with clean white fur, a large horn on her head shaped like a scythe, and black feet tipped with sharp claws. But as the sun crept over the horizon, she began to stir. She got up groggily, and shook herself to get rid of burs and dirt that may have gotten into her fur as she slept. She yawned and stretched, and went to get some breakfast.

She moved slowly through the tall grass, undetectable save for some rustles of grass. Though her peers would have made much more noise in the hopes of attracting a trainer, she was perfectly happy as a wild Pokémon. But she also knew that there was a war on. She needed to hunt three times as much in case her home was destroyed by combatting humans. She wasn’t a picky eater. Rattata, Magikarp, Starly… she’d eat pretty much anything she happened upon, except for Poison-types. They had a horrible sour taste, and left her sick for a long time.

Suddenly, Absol felt a tingle in her horn. It was warm and subtle, a sign of prey. She got close to the ground and moved slowly, so that the Pokémon wouldn’t notice her. It felt closer and closer, until she could smell it. A Taillow. Mmm… They had a delicious taste, especially when rolled in the blood of a Rattata. Unfortunately, right now she couldn’t afford that leisure. The Taillow was busily pecking at the ground, looking for a worm or other bug to eat. She bent her head back, and then fiercely slashed at the young bird. It cleanly sliced its wing off, causing it to scream in pure agony before she decapitated it.

She grabbed the body in her mouth and ran back to her den, where she began eating the blue-feathered wing. But as she ate, she felt another tingle in her horn. But this one was cold, like the air around her. She widened her eyes. There was a great disaster coming. She raised her head and leapt out of her hole. She followed where she felt the disaster coming. And she was heading towards Fortree City.

-----

The van screeched to a halt in the dense forest. Yanmega was prepared. He picked the lock with his forelegs, and then flew out the back. He grabbed a crate, and beat his wings faster. It stirred up a covering of leaves for him. He zipped into the city under the leaves, and placed the first crate. There were about ten of the boxes, so it would take him a few minutes to get them all set up. But if they could neutralize the HQ, then the rest of the region would be easy pickings.

-----

Absol was charging towards the heart of Fortree City. Her paws gripped the ground, moving faster than some Scyther. But as she approached, she saw large crates in the middle of the city. Cargo? No, the residents would have had them up in the trees. Maybe they were too heavy. No matter, she kept rushing forward. She made an expert leap upon one of the boxes, and noticed a Yanmega flying with a box in his arms. He had the Ezera sign on one of his wings.

She grimaced at the sight of one who wished to take over her home, but still decided to warn him of the catastrophe. She jumped up onto the large crate he was holding, right in front of his face. “<Hello.>”

He startled, almost dropping the explosives box. “<Hey! Watch it! I ought to kill you for doing something like that.>”

She bowed her head. “<Sorry.>”

He sneered. “<What, can you only say one word at a time?>”

“<No.>”

“<Whatever. Whaddaya want?>”

She did another impressive leap, landing in front of a large cliff. “<I’ve come to warn you that a huge catastrophe will happen here soon. You and your trainers should get as far away from here as possible.>”

He rolled his eyes, then placed the seventh crate. “<And how, precisely, would you know this? And what are you, anyhow?>”

She raised her head importantly. “<I am an Absol. Though I have a dark background, we are servers of the light, announcers of the catastrophes. I have lived for ninety long years, and I have survived tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes and countless other natural disasters thanks to my natural ability to sense cataclysms. I have come simply to warn you that if you value your life, you will leave now.>”

“<You know, as much as I like taking random advice from Pokémon I’ve never met before about something that won’t happen, I’ll take your prediction with a grain of salt. Just look at the weather!>” He motioned upward, pointing out the clear blue skies and slow-moving winds. “<There isn’t going to be any disaster today.>”

She sighed; her carnivorous nature and Dark-typing deterred most from taking her advice. “<You must believe me. Calamities can happen any time, anywhere, without warning.>”

He narrowed his red eyes. “<You know what? I think you’re a spy. You were sent here to stop the bomb set-up and leave us helpless and exposed! Well, that isn’t happening.>” With a mighty flap of his wings, he launched a blade of air at Absol, causing her to yelp in pain and causing a deep crevice in the cliff.

“<Bombs…>” she muttered. “<Fine then,>” she said to Yanmega. “<Good-bye, foolish Pokémon.>” She then somersaulted over his head, and dashed back where she came from.

Yanmega rolled his eyes again. What a lunatic. He went back and got the eighth box, and tried to find the perfect position to place it in.

But unbeknownst to him, the crack he created in the cliff was slowly growing. The slight lack of support was having major effects. The crack go larger and larger, working its way up the cliff. Finally, a huge CRACK announced its arrival at the top of the cliff. Yanmega turned in time to see enormous boulders rolling down the peak at top speed, flattening everything in their way. He gasped and flew for the trees, but that was a mistake as the military soon recognized him as an enemy and began shooting rounds at him. But the tiny bullets were nothing compared to the huge explosion that followed soon after, shaking the trees and causing many Pokémon to flee.

The bombs had been set off by the rockslide. In the ensuing chaos, Yanmega fled through the trees. The van he had came in was long gone, getting away when he was noticed. As he sped through the trees to get back to the military bunker, he grimaced. They wouldn’t be happy with him when they heard that this mission failed.

Today, the battle was lost.

-----

Absol: It was said that it brings disasters, but it actually appears to warn people of disasters. This Pokémon has a lifespan of about 100 years.

Yanmega: It can carry a car while flying. Its wings beat so fast that they stir up strong winds that can throw leaves and sticks for miles.

Zibdas

not bad
Kinda both.
Also, I believe kush is another word for some drug or another. At any rate, it means so here, and given Musharna's dream powers...
trippy.

Anyway, nice chapter as usual. The tingling horn was a nice touch.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Today is the first day of fall, so I have an entry for that. This is longer than normal, probably because I like the species so much.

@Zibdas: o_O Wasn't even aware of that, odd.

Chikorita, Bayleef and Meganium

The sun beat in through the window. The warm light hit the green Pokémon through the glass cage. His red eyes slowly opened up, blinking many times. He stood up and stretched out his legs. The Chikorita flicked out the leaf on his head. It let off a sweet scent that woke him up fully. He looked around. The pet shop was as empty as any store at seven o’clock in the morning. He wasn’t used to this place yet. He had just arrived yesterday, in a big wooden box with a bunch of other Pokémon he didn’t know yet.

Though he had arrived with many different kinds of Pokémon, they had all been taken to different parts of the store in the middle of the night. He had been neatly arranged with many other cages. He looked around at the other Grass Pokémon he was near. There were blue Tangela, yellow Bellsprout, and grey Ferroseed. He himself, though, was a crispy yellowish colour, like the leaves on the trees outside, but unlike anything in the pet shop.

There was a jingling sound as a middle-aged woman walked through the door. She was apparently the store owner, as the other Pokémon had told him. She came over to his cage and began examining him. “Hmm, this must be our new Pokémon. Not like the other Chikorita we’ve owned… Well, you’ll go fast. A lot of families would like to own a little cutie like you,” she said to him.

“Chi!” he responded.

She smiled. “I’m going to go set up shop.” She whistled, and a Gloom hopped out of its cage and to her side. “You make sure none of the new ones try to escape.”

It saluted. She smiled and walked into another room, putting out food and water. But the blue Gloom walked up to the young Chikorita’s cage. “<Now, you better not try anything funny. If you do, you’ll be put down,” it said.

“<Don’t worry, I won’t,” he replied timidly. He didn’t know what “put down" meant, but he was sure it wasn’t nice.

But he was bored. There was a food bowl that smelled tasty, and a water bottle to drink from. But he wasn’t hungry or thirsty right now. There was some newspaper in case he needed to go, but he didn’t. And there was a little red ball. He pawed at it, and it made a dingle sound as it rolled away and hit the side. He could occupy himself with this. He chased it around for a few minutes, ate some delicious food, drank some water, curled up, and fell asleep in the sunbeam.

-----

He woke up suddenly to the shrill tone of a human girl squealing. “Oh, he’s so adorable!” Some pounding on the glass startled him, where he looked into the face of a little girl no more than five years old. She was missing a front tooth, and had short brown hair. “Mama, mama! I want this one!” she cried. Her apparent mother walked over, dressed nicely in a blue floral print outfit. She had blonde hair, unlike her daughter. “Mama, it’s so cute and huggy and adorable and it’s so cute! Can we get it for our pet? Pretty please?”

“Hmm,” she examined the price tag on the top corner of his cage. “He’s quite expensive. Are you sure you don’t want a different one? I hear they have some lovely little Igglybuff or Cleffa.”

“No, no, no!” she said, adamant about her decision. “I want this one!”

“The price is high because Chikorita as a species are rare, and he happens to had an alternate coloration,” said the saleswoman, coming over. “But the rewards are really worth it. I’ve sold many Chikorita, and all the families or trainers that adopt them say they’re worth every penny. They’re a wonderful, harmless species, especially for a little girl like your daughter. So, how about it?”

She rubbed her chin, thinking. “Hmm, I suppose so. Are you sure you want this one, Susan?”

“Yes, yes! He’s so cute!”

“Well, okay then.”

And that was the start of his new life.

-----

Chiko the Chikorita was napping again, but this time on a windowsill. He was five years old now, and his owner was ten. And it was time to start a journey. He really couldn’t care less, as they had been practice battling with her dad for a while now. He was ready, but Susan wasn’t. So he was passing the time by sleeping and sunbathing.

About five minutes later, she called out, “Come on, Chiko!” He perked up immediately. Hopping from the sill onto a couch, and then onto the floor, he ran up to the doorway. “<Are you sure you’re not forgetting something?>” he asked, nudging her backpack. He had learned that it could hold many useful items for traveling, so he didn’t want her to forget it.

She smiled, patted his head, and picked up her bag, taking in some of his sweet fragrance. She picked him up and hugged him. She was nice and warm, so he hugged back. “Now come on, we have to get going if we want to get to Pewter City by sundown.” She placed him back on the ground as her parents came up. They all embraced for a while. Chiko nudged her leg, getting them to separate.

“Oh, we’re going to miss you,” her mom said, a hint of a tear on her cheek. “And remember, whatever happens, you have Chiko by your side. But don’t work the little guy too hard. And Chiko,” she said, turning to him, “take good care of her.”

He could tell her mom was sad, so when she bent down to pet him, he flicked his leaf and made a nice smell. “<Don’t worry. We’ll come back,>” he said.

She hugged her dad, and waved. From his time around humans, he knew that that usually meant hello or good-bye. In this case, it was the latter. “I’m going to miss you to, mom and dad. I’ll visit you again, promise!”

“Don’t forget, your aunt’s opening a gym here in two months. You can earn a badge, and visit us,” her dad reminded her.

“Yeah, I know. Bye!” she exclaimed as she ran out the door. Chiko followed along happily.

-----

“Chiko, use Razor Leaf!”

The quiet of the forest was disturbed as a squealing Rattata was knocked out by a flurry of sharp leaves. The second Rattata tried to bite the threat, but a yellow blur slammed into her and knocked her out. The blur soon revealed itself to be a little Pokémon; specifically, Chiko. “<Hooray!>” he cheered.

She smiled, and whistled. “Tress, Ven, come here.”

A purple moth fluttered through the woods, landing on her shoulder; her Venomoth. Soon after, a greyish-violet Pokémon with two big eyes rolled up to her; her Forretress. “Chiko’s all trained up, and you two are already prepared. Think we’re ready to challenge aunt Erika and earn our seventh badge?”

The Chikorita, Venomoth, and Forretress all gave affirmative responses.

“Let’s go, then!”

They entered the gym, which was decorated with plants and flowers. Chiko loved it; it reminded him of where he had been hatched, in a forest. They faced and defeated many trainers, Tress and Ven doing most of the work, but he managed to defeat some Pokémon too. They cleaned up quickly, and after some introductions, they faced off against aunt Erika.

But the gym battle was proving harder than they thought. Chiko stayed on the sidelines, watching with rapt attention as she battled the Grass-types. Ven did a good job, managing to launch an onslaught of Sludge Bombs on her Tangrowth and poisoning it, but unfortunately he couldn’t take a hit from SolarBeam and fainted. Tress did better, managing to take many hits and downing the blue Pokémon with Bug Bite. She also managed to take out Victreebel with Gyro Ball while Susan used a Revive and Hyper Potion on Ven.

But her final Pokémon was what managed to beat them. It was a tall, green Pokémon, with a ring of pink petals around its neck and four thick legs like tree trunks. It was a Meganium, Chiko’s final form. He watched at what he’d someday be able to do. Tress was swapped for Ven, who launched another round of Sludge Bombs and followed up with a Bug Buzz. Both hit super-effectively, but Meganium didn’t mind much. She curled her petals in, and shook them out. A light-yellow pollen sprayed out from it, and when Ven breathed it in, he seemed sleepy. He half-closed his eyes, and laid down on the ground. He quickly slipped into dreamland.

Meganium spread her petals again, this time absorbing sunlight to heal her wounds. Finally, she lifted her front feet, and slammed them on the battlefield, unleashing an Earthquake that instantly took out the sleeping Venomoth. When Tress was sent out again, though she inflicted some damage with Bug Bite, Meganium stopped her from using Gyro Ball by holding her down, and then making another Earthquake. Though Tress took it better than Ven, she remained shaken and Meganium defeated her with a SolarBeam.

“Well, I guess I lost,” Susan said, disheartened. She made to walk out, but Erika stopped her.

“Wait. You still have that darling Chikorita, don’t you?”

She widened her eyes as she remembered she had the little Grass Pokémon. But… Meganium was so strong. “I guess… But, only if he wants to.” She walked over to Chiko, who was still sitting on the bench, sunning himself. “Chiko, do you want to battle Meganium?” she asked.

He looked at her, and then at Meganium. Back at her, then at Meganium. On one hand, Meganium was definitely stronger than he was. And if she had managed to defeat Tress and Ven, she was definitely too strong for him. But on the other hand, he had to defend his trainer’s honour. And, since he was her unevolved kin, maybe Meganium would take it easy on him. So, he nodded.

He hopped onto the grassy field, and attempted to stare down the taller Pokémon. It didn’t work very well. She lowered her neck to see eye-to-eye with the smaller Chikorita. “<Aw, how cute,>” she commented, smiling.

“<I’m not cute, I’m strong!>” he yelled, and hit her head with his leaf. She winced, but seemed otherwise unconcerned.

“<Very well, then,>” she responded, raising back to her full height. Then she turned back to Erika. “<Do you want me to go easy on this little guy?>”

Chiko was angry now. When the battle began, he rammed himself into Meganium’s leg. She simply shook him off and tried to spray the powder, and he countered it with his own. He launched Razor Leaf, but Meganium took it extremely well and used Body Slam. She easily crushed Chiko, but he managed to take the hit and retaliate with a Headbutt. She was barely affected, and the last thing he remembered was seeing a great flash of white as Meganium unleashed SolarBeam before everything went dark.

-----

He was released inside Susan’s bedroom, with Tress and Ven. The girl was lying on the bed, staring at a light fixture. Tress was investigating a candy wrapper in a corner of the room, while Ven was clinging to a wall. Chiko, feeling bad for her, jumped on the bed and cuddled up next to her. “<I’m sorry,>” he said sadly.

“<Kiss-up,>” Ven commented, proving that he was just pretending to be asleep.

“<Oh, hush up, you,>” Tress said, attempting up pick up the wrapper.

She put an arm around the green Pokémon. “Man, aunt Erika’s Pokémon are so high-leveled. We need to do some serious training to beat her… and if we lose again, we won’t be able to re-battle her until next month.” She sighed. “At least we got to see mom and dad again. That was nice.”

It was nice, he considered. But still, he was a complete failure in that battle. He had never been very strong in battle. A lot of people said that he was too cute to be strong, but Ven had been cute before he evolved and he was powerful even then…

Evolution.

That was it! He needed to evolve himself! He stood up straight on the pink bed, getting his trainer’s attention. “What’s up, Chiko?”

“<I’m going to get stronger, that’s what’s up,>” he said, even though she couldn’t understand him.

The next day, she focused mainly on training Ven and Tress, as they had advantages over the gym Pokémon. Good. That let him sneak off to find somewhere to train himself. He dashed through the forest, battling anything that happened to get in his way. He knocked out Rattata, Ditto, Elekid, and everything else. He left a trail of fainted Pokémon in his wake.

He got so absorbed, he didn’t notice when he crashed into a large Pokémon.

He looked up and she looked down. It was Erika’s Meganium. She smiled when she noticed him. “<Hello again.>”

He took a few steps back. “<Um, hi.>”

“<What are you doing so far away from your trainer?>”

“<I’m trying to train myself so I can evolve and beat the snot out of you.>”

She chuckled. “<So, you’re looking to evolve yourself? Well, you won’t evolve into a Meganium like myself right away. First, you’ll evolve into a Bayleef.>”

He scoffed. “<I knew that,>” he said, even though he didn’t.

“<I can help, if you like.>”

“<Why would you do that? You were teasing me yesterday in the gym.>”

“<Oh, was I hurting your feelings? Sorry about that. Anyway, that was in a battle. You’re supposed to win; I really didn’t want to do that to you, but I had to. Trainer’s orders.>”

He closed his eyes, thinking. “<I guess it would help…>”

“<Alright, come with me.>” He followed the larger Pokémon through the woods. The leaves were turning red and orange and yellow, and were falling off the branches. They crunched and crackled as they made their way through the trees. He nipped at a few of them, but they tasted bad, so he didn’t bother with them. Eventually, they came to a clearing like something you’d see out of a fairy tale.

There was clear blue water running through a creek. Small trees dotted the green grass. It seemed untouched by humans and Pokémon. Meganium moved aside, letting him walk through in awe. “<Whoa… Where are we?>” he asked.

“<This is a spot I usually come to to meditate. It seems almost magical to me. Follow me.>” She walked over to the creek. “<This water has healing properties, so you can fight many battles without fainting.> She walked up to a tree. “<And these leaves seem to have an odd power to them, as they give you extra power. It’s how I got this strong, by eating these leaves and fighting many battles. Unfortunately, I’ve heard that these trees are almost extinct because of humans stripping them of their leaves and making candies that can make you stronger without even fighting. That’s why I’ve been protecting this area from both humans and power-hungry Pokémon.>”

Chiko walked around uncertainly, until Meganium offered him one of the leaves. He ate it. It was sweet, and crunchy, like a fruit. He finished up the snack quickly, but he heard a hiss. He turned, and saw a huge Raticate facing him. He widened his eyes, and attempted to back off, but Meganium nudged him forward. “<Go on, battle it.>”

“<Um…>” He turned to the angry rodent. “<I’m going to battle you now?>” he asked nervously.

In response, the Raticate bared its fangs and leapt at him, trying to bite him. He squealed and dodged, and fired off Razor Leaf. But they didn’t affect it much, and it charged at him. “<Use your powder!>” Meganium called.

He wasn’t sure that would work, but seeing nothing else to do, he sprayed some powder over its face. Though it succeeded in putting the Raticate to sleep and letting him defeat it, he was bleeding on his head from a bite mark. “<Owie…>”

“<Drink some water,>” Meganium advised.

He headed to the creek, and sipped some water. It was sweet like honey, and did heal the bite mark. “<Wow, this stuff’s amazing.>”

“<Don’t drink too much, or it will reverse its properties and harm you instead.>”

“<’Kay.>” He wiped his mouth, but then collapsed. “<Ugh… I feel weird.>”

She smiled. “<Don’t worry, that’s normal.>”

He felt power coursing through his veins. Was it from the water, or the leaf? He wasn’t sure, but he didn’t like it. But he felt himself expanding, growing taller. The buds around his neck opened up into broad yellow leaves. His head leaf stiffened, and grew out longer. His feet turned from small and pointy to large and flat, like Meganium’s. Finally, he felt the surge stop. He lifted himself up, and peered into the lake. He wasn't a yellow Chikorita anymore. Now, his skin was orange, but his leaves were yellow. Was he evolved?

“<Nice job,>” Meganium said, sounding pleased. “<You’ve evolved into a Bayleef.>”

So he had evolved. “<Thanks, I guess.>”

“<You’re welcome. I look forward to seeing you in the gym.>” She then galloped off into the forest. He ran back the way he came, excited to show Susan his new form.

As he charged through the woods, he heard his name being called. Suddenly, he burst into the area where he found Susan, Tress and Ven. “Huh?” asked Susan. “Who’re you?”

He trilled happily, and she realized that he was- or rather, used to be- Chiko. “Chiko? Is that really you? Man, you’ve gotten a lot bigger. Where’d you run off to?” She got a whiff of the scent from his leaves, and she seemed to stand up straighter. “Wow, you smell different. Anyway, I think we’re ready to rechallenge Erika. You guys ready too?”

They all agreed.

Bayleef sat on the sidelines again, wanting to sunbathe. He watched closely. Ven faced Tangrowth again, but seemed to be doing a lot better. Instead of launching all the Sludge Bombs at once, he launched one glob, flew to a different angle, launched, flew, and so on. Tangrowth, because of this, couldn’t zero in on where to fire and ended up missing every time, leading to its defeat. Then he was swapped out as Erika sent out Victreebel, and Tress was put in. Victreebel tried biting onto Tress, but she spun the Poison Pokémon off and easily knocked it out with Gyro Ball. And, once again, Meganium entered the battle. Susan was about to send out Ven, but the renamed Leef hopped up to her. “<No, no! I want to battle!>”

She blinked. “You want to battle? Are you sure?”

“<Yeah, yeah!>”

At his affirmative response, she allowed him in. “<Hello again, Leef,>” Meganium said politely.

“<You’re going down!>” was his response.

She chuckled, and the battle began. He launched Razor leaf, but she dodged and attempted to use her pollen again. But he countered it with his own spicy scent, and he stayed awake. He used Razor Leaf again. It didn’t damage her much, but she flinched, which was what he was going for. He Headbutted her side, knocking her over. She began charging up SolarBeam, but he launched many rounds of Razor Leaf that tore up her petals and stopped the attack. She leapt and prepared to use Body Slam, but he dodged and Headbutted her in the neck. He apparently hit a weak spot, as she fainted after the attack.

After healing her Pokémon, Erika admitted, “Your Bayleef has gotten much stronger from evolution. Even so, I didn’t think it would be able to beat my Meganium. Here you go, Susan. The Rainbow Badge.”

“<Nice job,>” complimented Meganium after being healed.

“<Thanks!>” he said happily.

By the time they got out of the gym, it was dark out. Figuring it wouldn’t be worth it setting up camp on a route, she went back to her house and, after a wonderful dinner made by her parents, she fell asleep in her room, with Leef, Ven and Tress out of their Poké Balls. Leef didn’t fall asleep, though. He watched her, looking out for… anything.

After a half hour, she began stirring. He tensed, but she sat straight up and sighed. “Ugh, I can’t sleep. I’m so tired, but something’s keeping me up.”

Opening her eyes, Tress hopped over to her. “<Same with me.>”

Ven flew off the wall. “<Same here. What about you, Leef?>”

“<Well, I’m choosing to stay up. To make sure nothing happens.>”

She got out of bed, and patted his leaf. “Don’t worry, you guys. Go back to sleep.” She took a big whiff of his spicy aroma, and coughed. Then it clicked. “Wait… Leef, I think you’re keeping me up.”

“<What?>” he half-asked, half-yelled.

Tress hopped over, and sniffed. “<Actually… I think she’s right. You’re keeping us up with your smell.>”

“<No, no…>” he muttered, not wanting to admit to that.

But his fears were only confirmed when Ven came over and plainly stated, “<Dude, you stink.>”

“Leef, I’m sorry, but… I think you have to sleep outside for tonight.”

He whined, but obeyed. He went out the back door, and curled up beneath a tree. The night was clouded over, blocking the moon. No rain yet, thankfully, but it may come. He put his neck on the ground sadly.

He thought about how badly he had wanted to become strong. But now that he was, he couldn’t sleep with the rest of the team. In his hurry to become powerful, he hadn’t once considered the consequences. He wondered if Meganium ever had this problem.

Meganium… He dreamed about evolving again. As a Meganium, he’d be strong and would help the team sleep better. Sure, he’d be too big to fit through most doorways, but he could just be returned to his Poké Ball for that. There was nothing he could do about his scent, and worse, he couldn’t tell if he was releasing it or not, because he couldn’t smell it. He pawed at the ground, then settled and tried to fall asleep.

Was strength really worth this?

-----

Chikorita: The gentle fragrance it emits from its leaf calms people and Pokémon. This makes it popular as a pet.

Bayleef: The spicy aroma its leaves make work as a great pick-me-up. However, it makes it difficult to sleep around.

Meganium: The pollen that comes from its petals make opponents sleepy and calms their battling spirit.

Last edited:

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Shorter story than usual today, but I like this Trapinch.

Trapinch and Mudkip

Creeeeeeeeak.

The sound of bending metal caused most people in Azure Village to wince. But they put up with it, as they knew what was causing it.

Creeeeeeeeak… Shoonk!

Now, the sound of metal being torn apart caused shudders, but again, they went on with their regular lives.

Crunch… Crunch… Crunch…

The cause of all this ruckus was actually a small, orange Pokémon. He resembled a large bug, with enormous jaws and a tiny body. But he was actually a Ground-type, a Trapinch. He chewed and chewed, then swallowed. Beside him was an old, rusty fence with a chunk of it gone. After swallowing, he turned to it and with his massive mouth, he tore off another chunk. The strong mineral was nothing compared to his unbelievable jaw strength. He ripped it off a post like it was paper and ate it.

Behind him were a group of Pokémon that seemed just as odd as him. There was a Magnezone, a saucer-shaped Pokémon with large magnets at its side; a Magcargo, a lava snail with a rocky shell; an Accelgor, a lightweight bug with two strips of membrane emerging from its neck; and a Glalie, a ball of ice with a face and two pointy ears. After swallowing again, Trapinch moved away from the fence.

The Magnezone moved in first. She launched a Magnet Bomb attack that ended up colliding in a heap. Next, Magcargo breathed on it, heating it up so much that it turned red-hot and mouldable. Then, Accelgor got to work, racing around it at high speed and patting it into the desired shape. He was fast enough that working with it didn’t hurt. Finally, Glalie cooled off the metal with an Ice Beam, and Accelgor put it up and attached it with String Shot. This mishmash team was with the village’s beautification idea, taking out rusty metal and renewing it. It was working out well thus far.

But lately, Trapinch felt he was having to dispose of more and more rusty metal. It certainly seemed like it, as his work hours were increasing from nine to six to seven to eight. He was also starting to get sick. He had had to stay home from work twice already, and it was only getting worse. Was it from stress, or the rust? He wasn’t sure, but all he knew was he had to see the mayor about this.

He walked in early Monday morning, stumbling over his own stubby legs. Mayor Vaporeon was sitting at her desk, reading some contracts. When she noticed him, she greeted him. “Hello, Trapinch!”

“Ugh… hello, mayor Vaporeon.” She immediately realized that something was clearly off. He was off-colour, more of a reddish colour than his normal orange. He was walking awkwardly, and the tone of his voice made it obvious something was going on. “I’ve come to talk to you about the beautification team. We’ve been seeing an increasing amount of rusted fences, swings, and posts lately, and I think I’m getting sick from eating all of it. If it’s possible, could you find out exactly who’s causing this?”

“Hmm…” she said, putting a paw to her chin. “Well, there are a multitude of Water Pokémon that could cause the rust. It would take a while, but we could probably track him or her down. Until then, you can take a break.”

“Thank you,” he said, bowing.

“You’re welcome. Now go rest and recuperate. You need it.”

He mumbled a thank-you and left her office. But inside, he wanted to find this criminal himself. It would be bad for his pride if someone else caught the culprit. So, he decided that he’d find this Pokémon himself, or at least try to. So, despite his sickness, he walked further into the town and thought about how to catch the crook.

It wouldn’t be too hard; just follow the rust. Rusty poles, rusty statues, rusty gates… Anything that had been tinted red. He followed with persistent, small steps, but as the day continued, he got wearier and wearier. The blazing sun rose higher and higher into the sky, beating down on him, its heat unbearable. His mouth was dry, and each step was putting strain on his tired muscles. There was a tree that provided shade, but it seemed so far away…

But suddenly, a chilling blast of water hit his side.

He stumbled over, rolling on his back until he hit a rock. He looked over with wide eyes, and he saw a blue fish snickering. It had orange cheeks with three small spikes and two pairs of stubby legs. After shooting him a smug look, it blasted a building with water, which instantly rusted. So this was the Pokémon that was getting him sick! It made to get away by jumping forward.

Not on his watch. He used what little strength he had to cause a massive earthquake that shook up the fish and knocked it over. He got to his feet and forced himself to run over to the blue Pokémon, and stomped on its chest. Not so much to hurt it as it was to keep it from fleeing. “Why are you attacking me, and rusting the buildings?” he demanded.

“Well, it’s simple,” it responded in a feminine voice. “I don’t like you.” Then she blasted him in the face again, knocking him over. He ended up on his back, and though he struggled around, he couldn’t get back up. She walked over to him and looked him in the eye. “You and your stupid beautification people are ruining my amazing graffiti. So, a word of advice.” She got closer, and slapped him. “Back off.” She then ran off, leaving him stuck.

It was a few hours before Magnezone found him and got him upright. “Boss, what happened? Did you find the crook?”

He shook himself off. “Yeah, I found her. And she’s looking like a tougher opponent than usual.”

-----

Mudkip was resting at the bottom of a lake, seemingly untouched by the summer heat. It was refreshingly cool. She was proud of herself for beating that stupid Trapinch. But there was something that bothered her. Why was she ruining the town, or at least attempting to? Well… because it was too pretty and happy. Bleh. All sweet and kind and just disgusting. And everyone always assumed she was a happy little Pokémon. She was not happy, or little. She threw up some mud over her, and settled down to sleep.

Splash.

She half-opened her eye. There was nothing on her side, nothing on her other side, and a Glalie above her.

Wait, a Glalie?

She freaked out and launched a Scald attack at the Ice Pokémon. It roared and launched an Ice Beam in revenge. She narrowly dodged it, but she noticed an Accelgor and Magnezone too. And… Trapinch! How could they breathe under here- wait. She remembered now. Her skin made water so oxygen-rich that other Pokémon could breathe it. It was also how she rusted metal so fast. But they were out of their element here.

She swam around and nailed Glalie, pushing it through the water and colliding into Accelgor. He zipped around, but the water resistance slowed him down considerably. She rammed her head into his thin body, pushing him over and knocking him out of the water. Then she targeted Magnezone, who tried to zap her with Thunderbolt. But she sprayed thick mud out at the magnet Pokémon that instantly knocked her out. As she floated to the surface, she launched a devastating Superpower at a distracted Glalie. It knocked him out too, and suddenly, it was down to her and Trapinch.

He made to bite her, but she swam out of the way. She shot pressurized water at her foe, but she narrowly missed. He cartwheeled his stubby arms and tried to bite her again, but she flipped over and grabbed him from beneath. Then, she summoned up all her power, and unleashed the strongest Hydro Pump she could muster. He was shot out of the lake and into the air, and when he fell back down, she head-butted him and knocked him far out of the lake.

Satisfied that they wouldn’t attack again, she settled at the bottom and fell asleep.

Eventually, the town made a grand plan to drive Mudkip away forever. But that’s another story.

-----

Trapinch: Its large jaws let it rip metal like paper. However, the large mouth makes it vulnerable to getting stuck on its back.

Mudkip: The water it expells from its body is very oxygen-rich. People and Pokémon can breathe in lakes that Mudkip inhabit.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Ack, I know I'm a day late for this, but here's the Thanksgiving entry. (FYI, I'm Canadian, so that's why this is in October.) Also, I'm down to the last PM request, so I could use some regular requests.

For Halloween, I have a triple entry ready. It's looking to be creepy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume

Once upon a time, there were three young Oddish who lived in a large, green field next a big, red barn. They each had five dark green leaves on their dark blue heads. They had no arms, just small stubby feet. If one wasn’t looking closely, they could easily be mistaken for a regular plant. Even more so during the day when they planted their tiny bodies in the dirt, just showing off their leafy quintet.

The youngest Oddish was named Owen. He was only a few months old; his leaves were smaller and lighter in colour than his siblings’. The middle child was named Glenda. She had discovered Owen’s egg, and had a large part in hatching the egg and raising the child. The oldest Pokémon was named Vern. He was the most responsible of the three, and acted as a parent figure to Owen.

The family lived together in harmony for many years, with Glenda and Vern watching out for Owen and keeping him out of trouble. But one warm spring day, a Pokémon trainer came to the field, looking to capture a new Pokémon. Owen had been playing outside at the time, and was made a target for the human boy. Not wanting him to be alone, Vern had to battle the trainer’s Pokémon, a powerful Arcanine, while Owen made his escape. But in the effort, he was captured. So it was only Glenda and Owen.

Then one hot summer day, a Pokémon ranger came to the field. Owen was playing recklessly again, and she discovered the blue Grass-type. Again, to let Owen get away safely, Glenda had to distract the human. And like with Vern, she was captured for the sake of her brother. So from then on, it was just Owen, the family torn apart. He suddenly transformed into a much more cautious Pokémon, only coming out at night in fear of having to leave his home forever. No matter how bored he got, he didn’t come out unless the sun was down. He thought he would never see his sister and brother again.

But one crisp, cool fall day, while Owen was trying to sleep, he overheard two other, older Oddish talking about two supposed visitors. “Yeah, I heard a Gloom and a Vileplume are coming over to that big barn over there today. They went with trainers a few years ago, and now they’re coming back to visit the farmer.”

“Whoa, really? Maybe we should go over there to learn from them.”

“I dunno. I think the threat of predators is too much, and they don’t even know who we are. They probably won’t teach us anything.”

“Well, I agree with the last one, but can’t we just poison our predators?”

“Most, yeah. But a bunch of Skarmory are migrating here, and they’re immune to poisons, and they’d love to take a chomp out of our leaves.”

He wanted to know more, so he crawled out of his hole. “Excuse me? A Gloom and Vileplume?”

One of them looked at him indignantly. “Don’t you know it’s rude to interrupt someone else’s conversation?” He flicked his front leaf back. “Anyway, that’s what some of the local Ledyba are saying. And they have relatives from everywhere, so I take most of their advice to heart. A Gloom and a Vileplume are visiting. Apparently they got captured when their stupid younger brother was playing around and got noticed by the humans.”

A small part of Owen died.

“But they’re coming back for some holiday. A lot of other Oddish want to see them, but most of them don’t have the guts. A bunch of Skarmory have come here too, and they eat little Grass-types like us.”

“Oh, I see,” he mumbled. He wanted to go back to sleep badly, but at the same time, he wanted to see his siblings(at least, he guessed they were his siblings) again too. If he went, he might end up eaten by a Skarmory. But if he didn’t, he might not see his siblings again ever. So, he gathered his courage and set off, his destination the red barn.

The sun felt nice on his leaves. It was usually cool this time of year; he was going to hibernate in the winter, so he wanted to get all the warmth he could. A faint breeze pushed through the tall wheat stalks, turning it into a sea of gold from above. It was calm, perfect. Normally he’d spend today sleeping and absorbing sun, but he had a mission today. But the general atmosphere was nice.

“You’re mine!”

A harsh shriek echoed through the grain field. He screamed and tried to run blindly, but he felt cold metal claws swipe across his back. Was he bleeding? He couldn’t tell, but he rolled over and saw a great metallic bird over him. A Skarmory the Oddish from before had been talking about. Before he could react, it bit into his largest leaf. He cried out in pain, and thought he was surely going to die here.

But suddenly, the Skarmory screeched in pain. It fell over, and stumbled its feet. He looked around, and saw a huge red flower attached to a small, blue body, vaguely like his own, but with menacing red eyes and a pair of arms. Its eyes were narrowed, and a yellow pollen was being dispersed from the middle of its flower. Beside it was a Pokémon that had an identical body, but instead of the impressive crimson flower, it had four brown circular buds with thin, maroon petals on its head. It also had closed eyes and was drooling some white liquid. The buds suddenly glowed, and it reared up and launched a glowing beam at the attacking bird.

The metal Pokémon screeched in pain, and then flew off, grumbling. The one with the flower called out after it, “That’s why you don’t mess with one of our kin!” It then ran up to Owen, shading him with its huge petals. “Are you okay? You should be asleep right now.”

“V-Vern?” he asked quietly, too fatigued from his near-death experience to talk properly.

The Vileplume’s eyes widened. “Owen?”

The Gloom ran up to them. “Is he okay?” it asked.

They both stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Then Owen smiled slightly. “Hi, Glenda,” he said softly.

She opened her eyes, revealing a pair of small, green eyes. “Owen?”

“Yeah,” he said. “I missed you guys.”

Without warning, the Gloom hugged her brother. “I can’t believe this! I missed you too! And now we’re all together for Thanksgiving!”

He had an odd expression on his face, partly from being almost strangled by his sister and partly because he didn’t know what Thanksgiving was. “What’s that?”

“What’s what?”

“Thanksgiving. Is that some sort of food?”

Vern chuckled. “You’re close. It’s a human holiday where people get together and stuff themselves until they explode.”

He looked horrified. “But if they explode every time they celebrate, why do they still celebrate it?”

The Vileplume rubbed his leaves. “I was making a joke. The humans get together and eat a lot of food like corn and potatoes, and give thanks for things that we usually take for granted.”

“Like clean water and a loving family,” added Glenda.

“Oh.” He lowered the leaf the Skarmory had bitten; a huge chunk had been taken out of it. “Do you think you could show me your humans? They might be able to help with my leaf.”

“Sure,” said Vern. He lowered his flower. “Hop on.”

He jumped up on the petal, and sneezed. “Whoa,” he said, wiping his nose with a side leaf. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay. It happens a lot around me.”

He sneezed again. “I think I’m allergic to you.”

Glenda snickered. “Yeah, everyone’s allergic to Vileplume.” She turned to Vern. “You should be locked up as public enemy number one.”

“Yeah, that never gets old,” he muttered. To the plant on his head, he said, “Don’t worry. My pollen makes everyone sneeze.”

“Oh, okay.”

Soon, they had reached the farmhouse. Vileplume tapped on the door, and was greeted by a boy in a red shirt. He scratched the Grass-type on the head. “Hey, Vileplume.” He noticed the Oddish he was carrying, and picked him up. “Who’s this?”

“It’s our brother,” Glenda and Vern said in unison, even though he couldn’t understand.

“Hey there, little guy,” he said to Owen. He tickled him under the chin, causing the young Pokémon to squeal and laugh. “Are you going to come celebrate Thanksgiving with us?”

“Yeah!” he said happily.

The boy set him down. “Nadia!” he called. “Your Gloom’s back!”

A girl dressed in a light-blue tank top rushed into the room. “Really? Where?” She noticed the blue Pokémon, and hugged it. “Don’t go running off like that! I was worried!”

“Sorry…” she murmured.

“Now come on, lunch is ready.” She took the Gloom’s hand and brought her into a dining room, followed by Vern and Owen. Owen had never seen so much food in his life. There was corn, potatoes, Rawst Berry sauce, bread, tarts, and in the center, a great stuffed Ducklett on a decorative white tablecloth. Small candles were lit here and there. Soon, all the humans all sat down and began eating.

“…whoa,” Owen whispered, seemingly in a trance. “How do the humans eat this much food? They must get really fat,” he said to his bigger brother.

Vern smiled. “They don’t eat all of it. They keep some of it for leftovers, and eat it for weeks after. That’s how humans work, and that’s why they’re so much more efficient than us. They’re a lot smarter than us.”

They noticed Vern’s trainer munching into a tart. “Mmm, these are amazing,” he said to the girl. “How’d you make them?”

Glenda’s human smiled. “From Gloom’s honey.”

He spit the tart out. “EW! You made this from that stuff she drools? Disgusting!”

“No, no. She makes honey from the buds on her head every spring. It’s delicious.”

“Oh,” he said, blushing. He grabbed another tart and ate it. “So, what are you thankful for?”

“I’m thankful for being privileged enough to take care of such wonderful Pokémon, like Gloom.” She picked up Glenda and hugged her.

“I love you too,” Glenda said, hugging her arms.

“Hm,” said the human boy, considering it. “I’m thankful for a roof over my head, great food, and loving Pokémon too.” He patted Vern’s head, and the Vileplume giggled.

“I’m thankful for that too,” said the Grass Pokémon. He then looked to Owen. “So what are you thankful for, little bro?”

Owen looked around. Everyone seemed content just to be in another’s company, laughing and hugging and being happy. He thought about the one thing he was really thankful and grateful for.

“I think,” he said thoughtfully, “that the thing I’m most grateful for is that my family can visit me, and we can be together again aftger so long.”

“Aww,” the siblings echoed. And they all hugged in a joyous reunion.

-----

Oddish: It plants itself in the dirt during the day, disguising itself as a weed. It does so to protect itself from predators.

Gloom: It drools a toxic honey from its mouth. However, in spring, it secretes edible sap from its head that’s delicious.

Vileplume: The enormous petals on its head constantly scatter pollen that causes sniffling and sneezing.

Last edited:

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
I've been busy and have been trying to catch up. I want to stay on the list

Zibdas

not bad
Bah, I thought I responded to all three of these! >.<
I hope you'll excuse the lack of content in this post as I really couldn't care to retype all three paragraphs, but you are definitely showing signs of improvement, churning out better and better work, so keep it up~

charizarddude

Pokémon Master
Please keep me on the list. I'm still reading, I just haven't been commenting.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Bah, due to me getting sick and my computer breaking down, I couldn't get any updates for Halloween. :(

However, I do have one for Remembrance Day. It's featuring two Pokémon I think would be used often in wars.

@charizarddude: Alright, you stay on the list. Glad to know you're reading.

@jeffdavid102: Yeah, I understand how busy things can get. You're staying on.

@Zibdas: I've been noticing that too. In fact, looking back, about half of them make me cringe reading them over(especially that first one).

Escavalier and Rufflet

It had been a warm spring day when she’d found the egg. Sunlight filtered through the canopy of forest leaves. The Escavalier had been collecting berries, as her current supply was running low. In one hand(er, lance) she held a nicely weaved basket made entirely out of vines and leaves that she’d made herself. Sewing calmed her and made her happy, so she spent much of her pastime creating baskets or blankets for the Pokémon in the forest.

It might surprise some that such a normally violent Pokémon enjoyed sewing things from the vines she found. Indeed, newcomers often shied away from her, and that was excusable. With her large metallic shell, red striped lances, and an iron cap with a huge crimson frill, she certainly looked threatening and dangerous. However, Pokémon that lived in the forest for more that a month knew that she was a kind one, no trouble unless provoked. She was also very kind, making various things for the young or needy. She could rival the local Leavanny in weaving skills.

She stopped by a bush of Sitrus berries and sniffed them; they smelled extremely ripe. Probably too ripe to eat, as most Sitrus berries grew during winter. To test, she gently poked one with the end of her spear. A hole appeared, and a bit of juice dribbled out from it. Just as she suspected, this one was weak from age. She poked the rest, and most of them were too squishy. One even fell off the branch; it splattered into a yellowish orange mess on the ground. Out of the fifteen or so that were on the bush, only three could be collected. Even then, she’d have to put them underground to preserve them.

She was about to continue to the next bush, but the blade that jutted out from the bottom of her shell got caught on something, making her fall on her face. Cursing, she spit out some dirt. She stuck her spears into the ground and pushed herself upright, then turned around to see what she had tripped over. There on the ground, there was a small green-speckled egg.

She tensed. If there was an egg out in the open, the parents would be close by. Parent Pokémon got fierce when defending their young. But several minutes passed by, and nothing came to attack her. They could be out collecting food, just like her. Still, they would get another Pokémon to watch the egg while they were out. She turned back to the egg, and wondered what to do.

She considered eating it for a while. But… no, if the parents found out, the good reputation she’d worked so hard for would be destroyed. Maybe she should take it in? She hadn’t taken care of children before, or even been with her mother for very long. Karrablast and Escavalier were very independent Pokémon, so she had no idea what to do when caring for young Pokémon. But if she left it here, a predator like Noctowl or Golbat would surely get it.

She sighed, picked up the egg with her spear(with some difficulty), and placed it in the center of the basket. Then she finished up her collecting and went back to her tree nook.

She spread out her berries on the mossy ground. It was rather disappointing, but actually, she was quite lucky. Spring was when most berries were either rotten or too green to eat. She looked over what she had gotten: three Sitrus berries; a Figy berry; and a pair of Oran berries. Luckily, spring was Chesto berry season, she she had managed to collect an abundance of those. And, of course there was the egg.

What should she do with it? She skewered a Chesto berry and ate it thoughtfully. She should probably ask the other forest Pokémon if they had lost an egg, or knew anyone who had. But what if no one knew anything? Well, then she’d just have to take care of the egg and whatever hatched from it. For now, she figured, she might as well keep it warm. She went outside and twirled some vines around on her right spear, then began knitting it until she made a moderately sized blanket. She placed it over the egg.

The next day, she asked everyone she knew about the egg, even the local Combee hive(which was a pain, as they attacked her as she tried to talk to Vespiquen). No one knew anything about the egg. After three days of questioning, she sighed and figured it was time to admit that the egg was hers. At her den, she stuck a lance into an Oran berry and, using the juices, drew a “?” on the egg.

Spring turned to summer. The green berries were ripening, the Taillow were chirping, and the egg still hadn’t hatched. However, now when she tapped it, it responded with a slight movement. But mid-June, her berry supply had run out. Between her meals, planting some so they’d grow into new plants, and helping feed a family of Pidgeotto, she was surprised they’d lasted this long. She needed to go berry-collecting, but she couldn’t leave the egg alone. So, she opted on placing the blanket that covered the egg in her basket, and then putting in the egg. Just to be safe.

To her delight, there was a great amount of berries available. She managed to get plenty of Cheri berries, three Lum berries, five Petaya berries, and some Nanab berries. She had just finished picking the Nanab berries when she felt a movement in the basket. She placed it on the ground as a web of cracks appeared on the eggshell. Then, in a burst of light, a small grey bird popped out.

This… wasn’t a Pokémon she had seen before. It had many small, grey feathers around its head, with one tall red feather sticking out from just above a pair of closed eyes. On its sides, there was a pair of dark grey wings tucked up against its sides. In the center of its face was a yellow, curved beak.

It opened its small eyes, and turned to look at her. It hopped onto the ridge of the basket, and then onto her lance. “<Hi!>” he chirped. “<Are you my mama?>”

She wanted to tell the little bird that no, she wasn’t his mama, she was just taking care of him until his real parents came to claim him. But what if his real parents never came? He’d be crushed. So, with a slight sigh, she said, “<Yes, I’m your mama.>”

“<Yay!>” he said happily. He edged himself up on her lance, then said, “<Mama, mama! Wanna fight?>”

“<Fight?>” she asked, confused.

“<Yeah, yeah! Fight!>” Then, without warning, he leaned back and pecked her cap as hard as he could.

She wasn’t hurt by the Peck attack, obviously, though she felt the vibrations in her shell. However, the little bird rubbed his beak with his small wings. “<Owie…>”

She got him to hop down, and rubbed his beak with the side of her spear. “<It’s okay, it’s just a bruise,>” she told him. She thought for a while, then added, “<You’re very powerful for a Pokémon that just hatched.>”

That seemed to get his spirits up. “<Really? Thanks, mama!>” he chirped.

She smiled. Even if he was a bit overeager, he was rather cute. “<Now come on, I’m going to take you home.>”

He hopped in the basket and snuggled up. She flew back to her nook as fast as she could without dropping the basket. Maybe this parenting thing wouldn’t be so bad.

When she got back, she put the basket down and laid out the food. “<There you go,>” she said, helping the little Pokémon out of the basket. “<Choose whichever berry you want.>”

“<Umm...>” he said, hopping around. He sniffed a Cheri berry, then he bit into it. Almost immediately, he spit it out. “<Bleh! I don’t like that one,>” he said. That sort of disappointed her, as she had always like Cheri berries. Of course, they were rather sour, so it was understandable that he didn’t like them.

Next, he hopped over to a Petaya berry. He bit into it, and smiled. “<Mmm! This one tastes good!>” He then stuck his face into the berry and began feasting. Meanwhile, she picked up the berry he hadn’t like, and bit off the larger berry. Then she ate the smaller berry and tossed the green stem out into the forest. About that time, the baby bird lifted his head out of the Petaya, his cream-coloured feathers soaked in pink juice. She chuckled and grabbed the blanket from her bag, and dabbed his face off.

She looked out and saw a Patrat grab the stem. The little bird noticed too, and hopped outside. “<Hey, mister! Wanna fight?>”

The Patrat clutched the stem defensively, until he noticed that it was just a small Pokémon. “<No, thank you,>” he said.

The little bird pouted. “<Aw, come on! Please?>” Then, without waiting for an answer, he jumped on the brown rodent and began furiously pecking him between the eyes.

“<Ouch!>” the Patrat cried. He gritted his teeth. “<Why you little… Take this!>” he cried as he tackled the hatchling.

“<Ow!>” he yelled as the attack made contact. He furiously beat his wings in a failed attempt to fly. Then, he glared at his wings and pecked the Patrat again.

Escavalier decided enough was enough. She stuck a spear between the two. “<That’s enough. Now go back to the den and finish your berry,>” she said, motioning towards the bird.

“<Okay, mama!>” he said happily as he made his way towards the tree.

Then she turned to Patrat. “<I’m very sorry about him. He’s newly hatched, so he doesn’t know how he can actually hurt Pokémon by attacking them out of nowhere. He just likes fighting. Did you get hurt too badly?”

“<Nah, just some bruises,>” he responded. “<Is he yours? He don’t look much like you.>”

“<Well, I found his egg in the spring, but no one claimed it. So I took him in.>”

“<Ah, I see. Well, I have to get back to my den. Have a nice day!>” he said, running off.

She saluted. “<You too.>” Then she flew back to her den. “<And you, mister, you have to learn some things about manners.>”

“<Manners?>” he asked, his face once again drenched in juice.

“<Manners,>” she said affirmatively. “<You can’t just go out and fight any Pokémon you want. They have to want to fight you. Also, if they say no, you can’t just attack anyway.>”

“<Yes, mama.>”

Over the next two weeks, the small bird had learned about when he could or couldn’t fight. She had introduced him to most of the local Pokémon, and for the most part, they liked him. When he challenged them to fights, they went easy on him and often let him win. He was very happy whenever he won a fight, and always told her about his victories.

One day, while they were eating, he asked, “<Mama, am I gonna turn into a Pokémon like you when I get big?>”

She smiled. “<I don’t think so. Look. You’re a little bird, so when you get older and stronger, you’ll probably turn into a bigger, stronger bird. When I was little, I was a bug, and I turned into a bigger bug.>”

“<But you don’t look like the bugs that I eat sometimes.>”

“<Those are just animals, not Pokémon. They aren’t as powerful or smart as us.>”

“<Oh.>” He thought for a while, then asked, “<Mama, when I get big, will I learn how to fly?>”

“<Hmm,>” she said, bringing her spear to her chin. “<Maybe. I’m not sure.>”

“<I hope so.>” He yawned. “<Mama, I’m sleepy.>”

“<Okay, then, go to sleep.>” She wrapped the vine blanket around him, and he snuggled up into her side. She smiled, placed the side of her spear on him, and fell asleep as well.

The next day, the little chick was running around, enjoying the warmth. Since he couldn’t fly well, he hopped onto her frill and she lifted him up. Usually, he just did this when he saw an interesting branch or Pokémon. But today, he said, “<Mama, look! What’s that?>”

She looked up, and saw a human boy heading towards them. She gasped. “<It’s a human! I haven’t seen one of those in years.>”

“<Is a human a Pokémon?>” he asked. He looked back at the boy approaching the pair. “<It doesn’t look like one.>”

“<No, humans aren’t Pokémon. They can command Pokémon, though.>”

She dropped the baby on the ground and flew behind a bush, to see if the human was dangerous. Instead, he came through the clearing with another grey bird, identical to the one she raised.

Her bird came up to the one with the human. “<Hi! What’s your name?>”

The other bird looked at him. “<Hiya! My name’s Rufflet. ‘Cept I don’t know why I’m called Rufflet. That’s just what my human calls me.>”

“<I’m a Rufflet too, I think.>”

The Rufflet pair stared at each other for a while, then hers piped up, “<Hey, wanna fight?>”

The other Rufflet perked up at this. “<Yeah, yeah!>” The two began pecking each other and scratching. But then the human’s Rufflet spread its wings, which then glowed and got longer. He slapped her Rufflet with them.

But he seemed more intrigued that hurt. “<Hey, how’d you do that?>”

“<You mean Wing Attack? I just went like this.>” He scrunched up his face, and his wings extended again.

The wild Rufflet examined his wings. “<I wonder if I can do that.>” He scrunched up his own face, held out his wings, and they did, in fact, begin glowing and extending. “<Hey, I did it! Yay!>”

She came out of the bush before the fight escalated and he got too badly hurt. “<Come on, Rufflet. It’s time to go home.>”

“<Okay, mama.>”

“Whoa, an Escavalier!” the boy yelled. “I’m going to catch it! Go, Poké Ball!” She turned around in time to see a red-and-white ball striking her and absorbing her.

Inside the ball was a plain beige room. Had that human tried to take her away from Rufflet? She wasn’t just going to go like that and leave the young baby alone. She roared in anger and jabbed the wall with all her might. It blew up, releasing her.

She turned to the trainer and shot out a lance in an attempt to jab him. How dare he try to separate family! He jumped out of the way and sent out another Pokémon. This one was orange and brown, and looked like a pig. “Tepig, Flamethrower!” he yelled. It snorted and sent out a stream of fire at her. She dodged easily and jammed her spear into the Tepig’s side, knocking it out immediately.

Just then, another human, a woman in her thirties, walked into the clearing as well. Would this one try to separate her from Rufflet as well? She snarled and tried to jab her.

She jumped out of the way as the human boy was trying to get another Poké Ball. The woman went up to him. “Were you trying to catch this Escavalier?” she asked.

“Yeah, why?” he asked.

“It seems rather angry. Did you provoke it?”

“No!” he shouted defensively. “I just tried to catch it and then it got all mad and tried to kill me!”

At that time, her Rufflet hopped onto her spear. “<Mama, why did you get so mad?>”

She sighed and calmed down. “<I got mad because that human tried to take me away from you.>”

He gasped. “<Oh no! That’s mean.>” He hopped down and went up to the other Rufflet. “<Your human tried to take away my mama.>”

“<He did? That’s not nice.>” He hopped up to his trainer, and pecked his leg. “<Why did you try to take away my friend’s mama?>”

“See?” said the woman. “I think the Escavalier is protecting this Rufflet, as odd as it may sound. Now come on, we’re going to try to get you a different Pokémon.”

“But it’s so strong,” he whined.

“Strength means nothing if the Pokémon is unhappy.” She then led the boy away, followed by his Rufflet.

Her Rufflet turned to her. “<Mama, I'm really happy that he didn’t take you away.>”

She smiled and patted him with her spear. “<I am too.>”

-----

Rufflet: It constantly challenges Pokémon to fights, no matter how strong they are. It gets stronger from the tussles.

Escavalier: They fight fiercely for their family and friends. They attack foes by stabbing them with their sharp lances.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
....beaks can get vruised? I suppose you really do learn something new every day. Regardless, excellent chapter, the two were extremely likable. I'd love to see them return in the future. And since you asked for requests, I'd like to see an [evil?] Wingull with a Dunsparce, si vous plais.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@Zibdas: Well, "injured" sounds too serious compared to what it is, so I settled on bruised. Wingull will be added(with a whole bunch of PM requests, whee!)but Dunsparce has been covered already.

Anyhow, the last of the PM requests is here! *throws confetti* I need some reserves for December, as I'll be busy most of the month: specifically, one for the solstice, one for Christmas, and one for New Years.

Working: Wingull
Soon: Relicanth, Milotic/Pikachu, Spoink/Simisear, Unown, Sudowoodo, Xatu/Sigilyph/Swoobat, Spinda, Shuppet

Mime Jr. and Haunter

“Do we have to?” the pink Pokémon with a blue cap complained.

“Yes, it’s necessary to get there the fastest,” responded a purple ghost who appeared to be just a head and hands.

“It makes me queasy, though.”

“Then close your eyes. Sheesh, you’d think a Psychic-type would be okay with travel by teleportation.”

“Well, I haven’t learned Teleport yet. In fact, I don’t think I even can.”

“Just get in.”

“Fine,” he grumbled. The Mime Jr. walked into a small basket as the ghost, a Haunter, wrapped a blue blanket around him. “Remind me again, why are we doing this?”

She facepalmed. “I told you already. I’m going to leave you at a tree near the enemy base, you get Skelly and his Watchog minions to take you in by acting like a baby, you get the pictures of their plans, then I get you and they’ll never be the wiser.”

“And why am I doing this?” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

“You’re the only unevolved Pokémon at the agency, for one thing,” she responded. “Plus, you’re the only one that can affect emotions by way of using Fake Tears. Can we just start the mission already?”

“Fine,” he muttered, then closed his eyes. Haunter did so as well, and pictured the old tree in front of the enemy’s base. When she reopened them, they were directly in front of the tree. She then summoned up a sticky note and a pen, wrote out “Adopt me! I want to be evil,” on it, and stuck it to Mime Jr.’s blanket as he began crying. She whispered “Good luck!” then disappeared.

Mime Jr. felt around under his blanket and grasped the camera. He hid it deeper down the basket so Skelly the Skuntank wouldn’t find it, then cried louder.

Nearly an hour later, Skelly and three Watchog strolled into their mansion. He began crying as loud as he could, and managed to get their attention. One of the Watchog came up to him. “Hey, boss! I founds me a Lugia!” he yelled to Skuntank.

Skelly came up to him as well, followed by the other two Watchog. He then slapped the first Watchog across the face. “You idiot, that’s not a Lugia. It’s a baby Mime Jr.” He snatched the paper and read it. “Hmm… Boys, take this one in.”

“But why, boss?”

“Because we’re going to raise it to be evil,” Skelly said with a smirk.

-----

After listening to Watchog’s general stupidity and Skuntank slapping his minions repeatedly for a good twenty minutes, Skelly commanded a Watchog to take the Mime Jr. to the dungeon. Of course, Mime Jr. predicted the brown rodent to botch it, and managed to confuse him into taking him into the planning room. After putting the basket down, the Lookout Pokémon stared at him for five minutes for no reason. It was rather creepy, considering all Watchog had very disturbing eyes. Then, he said plainly, “I’m hungry. I’m gonna make me a sandwich! You don’t move. Bye!” Mime Jr. heard him mutter about a pickle shortage before he was sure he was gone, and then jumped out of the basket.

It was a risky plan, of course. Another Watchog (or Arceus forbid, Skuntank) could casually glance in, blow his cover, and hold him hostage. Also, they weren’t even sure if they kept the schemes here, despite the fact that it was called the “planning room.” Skelly could keep them with him at all times, and that would ruin their whole plan. But luckily, he reached into a bin and pulled out elaborate plans for bombing the local orphanage, just like they had heard. He reached under his hat and pulled out a walkie-talkie. He pressed a button and said into it, “Agent MJ here. Plans discovered. Come for return. Over.”

A crackly voice sounded on the other end. “Agent H here. Received message. Coming for pickup. Over and out.”

After shutting off the walkie-talkie and putting back under his clown hat, he took out a disposable camera from the basket and took a number of photos. With these, they could ambush Skelly before he could set up the bombs and then evacuate the orphanage if he was successful anyway. After taking about fifteen photos, he heard Watchog walking back, munching on a hoagie. He stuffed his camera back under the blanket, put back the plans, and pretended to be asleep.

Watchog walked in, but tripped on a lettuce leaf that fell out of the comically large sandwich. He got back up and dusted himself off, then went up to him. He stuck the other end in his face. “Want some?”

He pulled up the blanket in front of his face, trying to tell him no.

Watchog shrugged. “More for me.”

-----

She would have teleported to make this menial task much faster, except she used up all her teleportation strength bringing Mime Jr. here and getting back. So instead, she turned invisible and transformed into immaterial. That way, she was nearly undetectable. She flew towards the wall of the mansion at high speed and, instead of crashing and going splat, flew unharmed through the thick steel. She chuckled; it was always funny when you did that.

She looked around, and froze when she saw Skuntank and four Watchog, but then remembered that she was invisible. She floated up and watched for a while. The Watchog were apparently putting on a show(and a very lame one at that) that consisted of one climbing on another’s shoulders and then falling onto the other two.

Skelly yawned. “Boring.”

“But wait, boss!” one Watchog yelled. “Watch this! Foresight lasers!”

Foresight? She didn’t stay to watch; instead, she flew as quickly as possible through a wall. Someone using Foresight on her was one of the few fears she still had. It was an odd kind of light that drained ghosts of their energy to make themselves invisible and un-solid for a while, and that while was definitely long enough for them to defeat her.

The Haunter looked around at where she was. A lone Watchog was walking around on a painted circle on the floor, muttering, “Follow the line… Follow the line…” There was an abundance of cheeses, bread, garlic, and spoiled milk, which meant this was the kitchen. She turned around and saw a large, stale baguette. She turned her hands solid(but still invisible), grabbed the bread(which also turned invisible), and whammed the Watchog over the head with it.

She floated through all the other rooms, taking out any Watchog she found with her grain-based weaponry, until she located the room with Mime Jr. She flew in and prepared to strike.

-----

What was taking Agent H so long? He worriedly grasped the camera. What if Skelly had gotten her? That would be extremely bad, as then he’d be stuck behind enemy lines with no way out; at least, not without blowing his cover. He buried his head deeper into the pillow and saw the guard take a chomp out of his sandwich. His stomach grumbled. Maybe he should have taken Watchog up on that offer.

A thwack resounded throughout the room, getting his attention. Watchog’s hoagie was on the floor; the rodent was up against a wall, out cold. Suddenly, Haunter appeared, holding an oddly large piece of bread. “You came!” he exclaimed.

“Yup,” she said proudly. “Now come on, we have to get out of here before Skelly finds-”

“INTRUDERS!” came a yell from down the hall. They turned, and five Watchog were racing towards them, followed by Skelly.

“-us,” she finished meekly. “Get in! We gotta get out of here!” As soon as Mime Jr. was safely in the basket, she took off, turning invisible and into immaterial above their heads. She raced out the door and into a grassy field.

However, though the Watchog were stupid, they could unleash a double-digit IQ in times like this. One of them struck her with Foresight, revealing her and making her solid. She heard a cry of “Dogpile!” and threw Mime Jr. as far ahead as she could before the Watchog tackled her and began biting.

Meanwhile, Mime Jr. had gotten out of the basket and stuffed the camera under his hat. He could tell Skelly was steadily gaining on him, especially when he lost Haunter’s momentum and had to run on his two stubby legs. So instead, he thought of all the times he had seen Pidgeotto fly, and focused on mimicking exactly what he did. Sure enough, he sprouted wings and flapped them rapidly, managing to propel himself forward.

Skelly cursed and knew that he wouldn’t be able to catch up with him. So instead, he launched a white-hot fireball at the Psychic Pokémon. Agent MJ was barely able to dodge, and felt some scorch marks on his pink skin. But then he mimicked it perfectly, the exact temperature, the speed, and how hard it was launched. It slammed into Skelly, blasting him backwards and leaving him horribly burnt.

“Curse you, you devilish trickster! Well, we still have your precious Haunter to hold for ransom! Right, boys?” However, when he turned back, all of the Watchog had passed out. He turned back, and when he saw Haunter back with Mime Jr., he spat out a string of obscenities that would make a pirate faint.

-----

“So,” Mime Jr. asked as he got back in the basket, “how’d you get out?”

“Gas.”

The little clown snickered.

She shot him a look. “Not that gas, you idiot.”

“I know, your poison gas.”

“Alright, we’re going to teleport back now.”

“Do we have to?”

-----

Haunter: It can move silently through walls. It can release a noxious gas that can make even a Wailord faint.

Mime Jr.: It can copy anything it has seen perfectly. It has the power to manipulate the emotions of enemies.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
The last two have been pretty good. Rufflet was extremely likable, which is hard for an author to do for a violent Pokemon. I thought it was funny that the cute Pokemon was the one that constantly fought and the bug with blades for arms was the gentle one(mostly).

Zibdas

not bad
“Adopt me! I want to be evil,”
my goodness this is subtle
“Because we’re going to raise it to be evil,” Skelly said with a smirk.
oh.

This too I'd like to see a follow up with. I'd definitely love some callbacks in future entries. Keep up the good work~

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
@jeffdavid102: Rufflet was very fun to work with. Escavalier is probably one of the most violent Pokemon, and I figured making it nice would be strange.

@Zibdas: Well, if they put "DO NOT MAKE ME EVIL!" the Watchog who noticed it would probably think it wasn't going to work. A callback may be used in a Skuntank entry, or Watchog.

Anyhow, not much to say. There's a glaringly obvious reference here, and that's pretty much it.

Wingull, Reuniclus and Klang

It was an odd sight to some, seeing a rare Pokémon like a Reuniclus on such common beach ground. With their large heads and arms, covered completely by a translucent gel substance, and their small legs that weren't even used for anything, they were certainly an oddity in the Pokémon world. Add in an IQ of over 5,000, on par with the likes of Alakazam, the ability to multiply their intelligence simply by connecting hands, and their intense psychic powers, it was very unusual to see one without a trainer.

Especially not one with a brown, 1940’s fedora atop its head.

However, this one wasn’t a normal Reuniclus. He was on a mission, to discover the secret treasures of King Unreeplai. Though a beach meant play for most Pokémon, it meant business for him. Following the map exactly, he had travelled over vast landscapes, harsh mountains, and gigantic oceans to end up here, where theoretically, the Kingdom of the Gears was. That would lead to the tomb of Unreeplai, where some of the rarest and most valuable treasures were. It had been buried underneath sand thousands of years ago.

He pulled a map out of hammerspace and checked that he was where he should be. He looked around; there was a mountain to the north, an island south-southwest of him, and an infestation of Wingull everywhere. This was definitely the place.

The sound of noisy squawking diverted his attention as he returned the map to hammerspace. He turned around, and saw nothing, but felt a disturbance in his gel. He focused on his ear, and a Wingull was lodged in there. He focused his psychic powers and blasted her out. As soon as she was airborne, she began squawking. “Whoa! I got caught in your jello! Is it lime or something? I haven’t tasted jello before.”

He closed his eyes, determined not to blow his top at this bird. “Please refrain from eating my gel. It’s part of me, and it doesn’t taste like anything. Go away.”

She stayed quiet for a while, the asked, “Hey, what are you doing here? I thought Reuniclus were, like, super-duper rare or something. They liked, like, meditating and stuff. So why are you here?”

He sighed. “It’s secret. I doubt a lesser mind like yours could comprehend it, but better safe than sorry.”

She cawed. “But, I’m, like, ultra-smart! You can tell me! I won’t tell anyone! Seriously! Come on!”

“No,” he said flatly.

She pouted. “If you don’t tell me, I won’t leave you alone.” She reinforced this fact by squawking loudly again, right in his ear.

“Fine! My gosh,” he muttered. “I’m on a quest for the treasures of King Unreeplai. Apparently, his tomb is directly beneath this beach.”

She tilted her head. “Who’s King Unreeplai?”

He smacked his forehead. “I told you, you won’t understand. Now leave me be, or I’ll be forced to attack.”

“No! Tell me more! More! Mo-” However, she cut off midsentence. A lazy human had dropped a half-eaten hot dog on the beach. Her eyelid twitched, the only hint that she was going to snap before she screamed, “FOOOOOOOOD!” and dived for the meat.

All the other Wingull went into a crazed hurry as well, fiercely attacking the other for the food. He gagged. How could they be that desperate that they would resort to eating something so unnatural? It disgusted him; he was a carnivore and did occasionally eat carrion(if he was extremely desperate), but eating a hot dog was like eating a slab of uncooked meat, over-the-top spices, too much salt, three pounds of fat and saturated fat, and a piece of bread you had to pay extra for. Humans could be so stupid.

He tried to pinpoint the exact location of the Kingdom of the Gears, but it was difficult; the waves’ movement, as well as the thick sand and humans, made it very hard. But he found the biggest disturbance was the Wingull’s tussle. He looked over; they were still going strong. He narrowed his eyes, and quickly teleported the tainted meat into his satchel. Not like he’d ever eat it. Just to get them to stop fighting.

It was a while before they realized the hot dog was gone, and went their separate ways. Unfortunately, the one that had been pestering him before came back up to him. “Mister! Tell me more! TELL ME NOW!”

He tightened his fists. “Look, if I give you a hot dog, will you leave?”

Her eyes widened. “Yes.”

He summoned up a swirling mass of nothing, then transformed it into a hot dog. “Here. Now go away!”

“Mine!” she squealed happily, then flew off with the prize in her claws.

“Idiot bird,” he muttered, then began searching again. “Aha, here we are.” He distorted the sand’s mass, turning it to a liquid. He then easily slipped through it, and there he was. In front of him was the Kingdom of the Gears.

However, the “idiot bird” was flying through the air, with an evil smirk on her face. She snapped up the snack quickly, then zoomed back down to report to her superiors.

-----

In the Kingdom, it was surprisingly clean for a place buried under sand. Unfortunately, it was so dark he couldn’t see anything anyway. He took out a Dowsing Machine he had stolen from a trainer, turned it on, and began searching. He found some Nuggets, Fossils, and Rare Bones, but those were commonplace. He was looking for only the rarest treasures. He added them all into his satchel to sell later.

There was something… ominous about this place. All around were solidly ticking gears, keeping a constant, slow rhythm. It was slightly unnerving at first, but then, eventually, it turned soothing. But soon, he detected some distress signals. The rhythm turned odd, a sort of… tick, tock, tickticktick, tick, tock, tickticktick…

He floated over, and saw a pair of gears- one large, and one small- on the floor. A rock was caught in its teeth. It was responsible for the strange beat. It was desperately trying to continue going, as it was moving forward, but then flinching from the rock. He thought for a while, then demolished the pebble telekinetically. The gears suddenly spun rapidly, then got back to a normal pace. It began sputtering out of a mouth he failed to notice previously, then opened an eye. “Wha… What happened?”

He blinked. “You’re alive?”

He moved his body forward, as he couldn’t really bow. “Thanks to you, I am. I was running low on energy, since I couldn’t spin. The other Klink and Klang reenergized me with electricity, but they were running weak too. Thank you eternally. What’s your name?”

He nodded. “The name’s Indiana.”

“Nice to meet you. My name’s Ben. What are you here for? I thought you Psychic kinds preferred sitting around and thinking, not adventuring off to places unknown.”

“Well, I ain’t no normal Reuniclus. I’m here looking for the treasure of King Unreeplai.”

“The treasure of King Unreeplai?” His steel body shuddered. “I thought that secret was lost to history. I’m sorry, but I can’t let you past here. Horrible curses were laid on the gem. Whoever takes it will be doomed to the wrath of King Unreeplai,” Ben said.

“Doomed! Doomed!” echoed the gears all around him. It was unnerving, seeing all these seemingly inanimate gears, who were watching his every move from every angle, talk to him. He shook his head and turned his fedora around.

“Look, you know where the treasure is? I don’t care about some dinky curse. I’m on a quest to get rich, and this is where I’m starting.”

Ben inched backward. “No, I don’t know where it is! Seriously!”

Indiana was unsatisfied with this answer. He focused his psychic powers on Ben and held him in place. He immediately began sputtering and choking. Holding a Klang in position and preventing it from spinning was like grabbing a human around the neck. “Now do you know where it is?”

“Y-yes!” he choked out. “Just l-let me go!”

He released his psychic grip on the gears. “You’re gonna lead me there, got it?”

“Fine,” he said, quivering. “But when you get butt warts, don’t come crying to me. It’s south down this hall. The door is concealed behind a group of Klink, but I can get them to move.” Then he added softly, “Dear Arceus, don’t make me suffer for doing this.”

They pair floated through the hall in silence. Indiana reached into his satchel and found the half-eaten hot dog. “Hey, you hungry?”

Ben briefly glanced back. “Sort of. Why?”

“I have a hot dog in here that I don’t plan on eating. Do you want it?”

He gagged. “Ick! No way, I only eat electricity. How do humans eat that stuff anyway?”

“Finally, someone with some sense.” Indiana shook his head. “Those Wingull on the beach found this rotten thing and actually fought to eat it.”

Ben stopped suddenly, but then started again. “Y-yeah. If anything, they should be fighting on who doesn’t have to eat it.” He chuckled nervously.

Soon, the Klang turned around. “Here. Now wait a sec.” He inserted himself between the Klink, gave a mighty twist, and opened a hidden door. “There’s your treasure. Now do us all a favour and don’t come back again.”

Indiana floated in. It was a grand place, with diamond-encrusted crowns, glistening rubies, and gleaming gold and silver necklaces. In the middle was a dormant Cofagrigus- King Unreeplai. Of course, the Cofagrigus wasn’t the king; it was merely storing his body. He searched around, and quickly found what he had been searching for. The Infinity Orb.

Ben followed him, and when he noticed him about to snatch the sphere, he shocked the Psychic. “Are you crazy? That’ll set off a bunch of booby traps!”

“I know,” he said calmly. Then he held up a hand, where the sand began pouring toward. It morphed into a replica of the Infinity Orb, despite it being golden brown. There was a flash, and suddenly, he was holding the Infinity Orb and the sand ball was in the jeweled plate. “There, that’s done.”

“I still think it’s a bad idea,” he complained. “I’ve heard they employed some super-scary beach Pokémon to attack whoever steals the Infinity Orb.”

“It’s fine, I can fight them off. Let’s go.”

He floated out of the tomb but heard a rumbling from further south. “What the heck?” he yelled. Suddenly, a mass of white and blue swarmed into the room, each with evil red eyes. It took him a while to realize what they were. “Idiot bird,” he growled. “What do you want?”

One Wingull flew up to him, identical to the one he had brushed off earlier. “Simple,” she said. “I want the Infinity Orb, so hand it over.”

“Oh no, miss super-powerful birdy,” he said in a mocking voice. “Please spare me your almighty wrath!” He scoffed. “Yeah, right. Like I’m going to give it up.”

“If you won’t cooperate, we’ll have to take it by force. And you wouldn’t like that.”

“I’m so scared.”

“Uh, Indiana?” asked Ben. “There’s a whole bunch of them. I don’t think we should mess with them.”

“Listen to the sentient gears,” she said. “We need the Infinity Orb to revive the almighty King Acksh Unreeplai, so he will rule forever more!”

“I’ll crush you into Thanksgiving dinner right now.” He tried to squash them with his psychic power, but they didn’t budge. “What the heck?”

She cackled. “Fool! King Unreeplai has made us invincible! We are unhurt by any of your pathetic attacks!”

One came up to her. “Uh, I thought we were weak to Electric moves?”

She slapped him. “Shut up!” Then she turned to him. “Get that Reuniclus!”

At once, all the Wingull began firing streams of bubbles or blades of air. Indiana brought up a protective barrier to shielded him from the onslaught, but he couldn’t keep it up for long. “I’m done for,” he muttered.

Ben suddenly spun faster. “Wait! He said they were weak to Electric attacks, right? Well, watch this!” He spun faster and faster, and then a large bolt of electricity was fired from the center of his large gear. A good portion fell, but just as many came to take their place.

Ben continued zapping electricity, but he just couldn’t get enough to do any reasonably good amount. Whenever a Wingull fell, two new ones took its place. Between zapping the deranged birds, he said to Indiana, “I would have eaten that hot dog if I had known it would be my last meal!”

“Wait… The hot dog! That’s it!” He reached into his bag and pulled out a(slightly green) frankfurter. “Hey! Featherbrains! Look what I got!”

They all gawked in place and stopped attacking.

“Go get it!” he yelled before tossing it. Immediately, all the Wingull began fighting violently for the meat.

“Let’s get out of here!” he yelled. Ben nodded and made a dash for the exit.

As soon as they were comfortably far from the Wingull, Indiana placed the orb in his satchel. “Thanks for that,” he said. “But I’ve seen what this orb can do to a Pokémon. I think I’ll hang on to it for now.”

Ben nodded. “Sure. I have to get back to my clockwork duties. Good luck on your journey!”

He tipped his hat. “You too.”

-----

Reuniclus: Its immense psychic power lets in manipulate mass. It also has the power to reduce a boulder to bits.

Klang: Spinning creates the energy it needs to live. By turning rapidly, it can release a massive electric shock.

Wingull: They fly in humongous flocks over beaches. They fall into a crazed frenzy when food is spotted.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Ack, it's been so long. Well, I said I would be busy this month, but I've also been hit with a lack of willpower; I have lots of started oneshots, but I've only finished this one. Really, really sorry that I missed ANOTHER major holiday with Christmas.

I hope you guys enjoy this, and please don't hurt me.

Working: Milotic/Pikachu, Sudowoodo, Xatu/Sigilyph/Swoobat
Soon: Spoink/Simisear, Unown, Spinda, Shuppet

Relicanth and Alomomola

In the West Hoenn ocean, many species of Pokémon thrive. Some lived there all their life, like Mantyke, but some were just recently introduced, like Corphish. Big and small, fat and skinny, you could find almost any Water Pokémon in the West Hoenn ocean. Many people stayed near the top of the sea to catch Pokémon, as going much deeper would be inconvenient.

Therefore, the humans had no idea of the evil that lied beneath the waves.

In the darkest depths of the sea, there was an enormous castle of sand. Decorated with seashells, kelp, and odd bits of blue sea glass, it was truly a sight to behold. Powerful Water Pokémon like Whiscash and Sharpedo patrolled it, snapping and attacking any intruders. Inside, there was a force of pure evil, cackling maniacally as he manipulated his unknowing drones into doing whatever he pleased. This being of complete wickedness was recognized by…

…a pink, heart-shaped fish.

Now, to an outsider he may have not seemed like much. However, this Alomomola, named Magnus, was no ordinary Pokémon. Normally, his kind was peaceful and caring, gently taking harmed ocean Pokémon to shore and wrapping them in a mucus that acted as a cure-all. But this one had figured out how to use this special mucus on himself, so he could quickly and easily take enemy attacks and heal them off. This meant he was nearly impossible to defeat, and could slowly but surely take down enemy armies. He had worked his way to the top, and now had absolute control over the deep sea Pokémon.

He resided in the massive sand castle, having many “lesser” aquatic Pokémon like Corsola and Mantine tend to his every need. If they refused him service, either he or one of his cronies would attack and maim them, usually the latter as he didn’t like fighting himself. He had learned many powerful attack techniques as well. He could incinerate foes with blasts of steaming hot water, ram into them and make them flinch, or repeatedly slap them with his fins. His preferred method, though, was simply blasting them out of the castle with high-pressure water.

Of course, many Pokémon viewed him as a dictator and hated him, but what could they do? None of them knew any attacks that could break through his powerful defenses, and even then, he’d simply heal off any attacks and eventually defeat them. Due to this mindset, few Pokémon bothered even attempted fighting him and let him take over their lives. Even if a massive group resisted him, he had more Pokémon to take them on if need be.

His power was almighty and his dominance was unquestioned. What more could you ask for?

However, one day, a certain Pokémon did attempt fighting him. She had dusty brown scales with darker brown splotches; a Relicanth, Pokémon generally associated with longevity. She definitely looked very old, even though she was about twenty-two years old. She had spent a large chunk of that life in meditation, figuring out how to free everyone from this hated Alomomola.

It had happened in a miraculous epiphany. She had seen the perfect way to defeat him. Timing, however, was crucial. Other than that, it was foolproof. She had mastered all the necessary attacks and was prepared to finish this, once and for all. The Relicanth emerged from her cave in the sand to the light of the day, something she hadn’t seen in a long time. She huffed and swam off towards the castle in the distance.

Soon, she was face to face with one of four massive pillars reinforced with nothing more than a bit of driftwood, it would be easy to break. She focused up a Water Pulse attack and compressed it, making it rather like a time bomb. She carefully placed it at the base of the wall, and swam away to the next tower. After putting all four Water Pulses around the castle, it was time for the confrontation.

The massive doors inside were guarded by a pair of Wailmer. They bounced up and down, seemingly asleep. But as she approached, they suddenly opened their eyes and stared at her. “Who goes there?” one shouted.

“It’s just little old me,” she said, putting on her best old-grandmother voice. “I’m here to see King Magnus.”

They regarded her suspiciously. “Why?” asked one. “Do you have assassination plans?”

I wish, she thought. What she said was, “No, no. You see, I adopted him when he was just a little fish, but he’s always hated me. I believe my time is coming soon, so I’d like to say one last goodbye to him.”

“Hmm…” the larger Wailmer thought aloud. “Well, okay. But try anything funny, and your time will come unnaturally fast.”

“Thank you,” she said as they opened the door. She swam in slowly, so the Wailmer would suspect anything, but as soon as she was out of their sight, she darted forward. Okay, she was in. Now came the hard part. She actually had to surprise attack Magnus in order for him to attack her. Then, she had to dodge and the ensuing chaos would hopefully set off the Water Pulses, collapsing the castle and, while he was stunned, letting her repeatedly attack with Head Smash until she had rubbed off all his healing mucus, at which point she could soundly defeat him. She gulped in nervousness, but carried on.

She dashed behind a large lump of sand and scanned the area for any signs of narcissistic pink fish. She spotted him suddenly, nibbling at some kelp brought in by a Remoraid. The gray fish looked at him fearfully, then breathed a sigh of relief when he dismissed her. His back was turned as he ate the seaweed. It was now or never. She dashed at him and smashed her head into his body.

The rest happened so fast, it seemed like a blur. He screamed in pain, then turned and fired off a Hydro Pump. She swam out of the way and rammed into him again, getting some of his slime on her forehead. He roared and spit out another Hydro Pump, narrowly missing the Relicanth but striking the base of his castle. That attack was more than enough to set off the Water Pulses she had set up before. One of the tall towers crumbled and fell like the useless pile of sand it was. The Pokémon, including Magnus, panicked and tried to run away, but Relicanth bit onto one of his fins and prevented his escape, while also rubbing off a bit more mucus.

Soon, the other three pillars crashed down, burying the pair in sand. Relicanth suddenly pulled him and herself out of the sand and began smacking him with Head Smash, continually rubbing off slime. He was too stunned at the loss of his castle to react; at least, until she dealt a blow to his eye, when he squealed and swam away. He was covered in bruises and was badly hurt, but focused. He tried to get his mucus to activate, but nothing happened. He suddenly realized all of his mucus was gone. He found out where, as well, when the Relicanth came up to him, glimmering in the sunlight from his healing slime.

He wanted nothing more than to beat the fish silly, but he felt so weak that he merely fell into the sand. His previous servants now surrounded him, giving him angry looks. He was suddenly grabbed by a Whiscash's whisker. The blue Pokémon didn't seem very happy. “You've been a real annoyance to all of us, Magnus. I think I have the right to say you aren't king of the ocean any longer.”

“Are you going to kill me?” he asked meekly.

“No, I think you've gotten more than a taste of your own medicine, thanks to this young lady right here,” he said, motioning towards Relicanth. “However, we have a special place in the prison that you made for someone as demented as you.”

He wanted to argue, but fell limp and was easily carried off to the jail. A Wailmer she recognized as the guard from before came up to her. “Thank you, miss Relicanth, for defeating King Magnus. Is there anything we can do to repay you?”

“No, I’m fine. He threw my parents into prison, so I just wanted to rid everyone of that pain in the behind. Thanks for the offer, though.”

From that day, Relicanth became known as Hero of the Deep, and eventually had a memorial statue put up in her honour. As for Magnus, well… that’s a secret lost to history.

-----

Relicanth: They have lived for over one hundred million years. It is favoured as a symbol for a long life.

Alomomola: It is wrapped in a mucus that can cure any wound. It caresses injured Pokémon and bring them to shore, where it takes care of them.

Last edited: