• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Altar of the Sunne! Solgaleo Descends!! (995)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Altar of the Sunne! Solgaleo Descends!!

Ash & co. have come to the Altar of the Sunne in the hope of summoning Solgaleo to go to Ultra Space to rescue Lusamine. However, when they reach the altar, they find Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini who seem to intend to help. After doing a ceremony, Nebby starts to glow once more and evolves into Solgaleo. Will it be able to help out?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Feels odd seeing Ash being licked like that by a Legendary Pokemon like Solgaleo.

And we now know the reason why Ash gets the new 'Z-Power Ring'.
Its because the new type of Z-Crystal like 'Solganium Z' don't fit on the old one.

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Tapu Ritual is so cute omg like <3333

Ash and Mallow were the first ones to sit on Solgaleo.

My inner Mallow fanboy really like a detail like this.

And one more detail: This episode has GODLY Soundtrack

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
I need that Team Rocket would be wothless in this episode and you can take them out of this episode and nothing would have changed

Xuxuba

They were definetly dragging out some scenes, especially the ones with TR.

I really disliked how the most emotional moment with Solgaleo went to Lillie.
I mean sure i would have preferred if she was the one to bond with him in the anime, but they chose Ash to be his caretaker so it made no sense for them to change their mind now and act like Lillie was the most important person to Nebby.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I think that was the worst episode of this arc thus far. Way too many dragged scenes, Team Rocket got too much screen time for no reason and the episode felt quite boring for the most part as a whole especially the first half. At least they showed why the Z-Power Ring was needed.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think it was a great episode. Sure it moved a bit slow at times, I guess they wanted to break it off at the point where they entered the Ultra Wormhole. But I didn't mind that at all. Nebby's evolution, Ash getting a Z-Power Ring, and the ritual to evolve Nebby, it all looked great and I'm glad they gave those things space and time to breathe. Can I also say I think it's amazingly hype that they actually used Searing Sunraze Smash to open the Wormhole? I didn't expect that at all, that was great. Not too glad about everyone forgetting about Kukui though, I guess he just needed to stay behind for plot reasons. And Kukui rescuing Burnet was badass and cool, they're really teasing those two getting together aren't they? Kukui is also so much eyecandy it's quite funny.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I do think that the Team Rocket part was underwhelming, but apart from that, the episode was hands down brilliant. The flashback vision to the birth of Nebby and Ash getting it, the Tapu ritual which involved the 4 Tapus showing off their special abilities in evolving Nebby, the evolution of Nebby into Solgaleo were done brilliantly. Ash-Solgaleo/Lillie-Solgaleo moments were done well, and Ash's Z-ring transformation was really done well with all the 4 Tapus playing their part in it, and the episode ending well the Solgaleo Z-move opening the Ultra Hole leading Ash and co. into it.

Oh yeah, and we finally got to see Kukui using a Pokemon, that too to save Burnet! :D

Overall, 8/10.

Last edited:

andrewscott48209

I do think that the Team Rocket part was underwhelming, but apart from that, the episode was hands down brilliant. The flashback vision to the birth of Nebby and Ash getting it, the Tapu ritual which involved the 4 Tapus showing off their special abilities in evolving Nebby, the evolution of Nebby into Solgaleo were done brilliantly. Ash-Solgaleo/Lillie-Solgaleo moments were done well, and Ash's Z-ring transformation was really done well with all the 4 Tapus playing their part in it, and the episode ending well the Solgaleo Z-move opening the Ultra Hole leading Ash and co. into it.

Oh yeah, and we finally got to see Kukui using a Pokemon, that too to save Burnet! :D

Overall, 9/10.

I think they put Team Rocket in here to balance out the episode between drama and comedy. They have been trying to balance the plot, drama, and comedy in every episode in this arc.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Did anyone else notice that the arrangement of the Island Guardian statues is exactly the same as the arrangement of their respective islands in Alola?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think they put Team Rocket in here to balance out the episode between drama and comedy. They have been trying to balance the plot, drama, and comedy in every episode in this arc.

Well SM also adds comedic moments even in serious moments, so the Team Rocket part just added unwanted comedy in the episode. Like Ash-Solgaleo moment clearly had comedy jammed into it.

Besides, what's the need of comedy in such a serous episode of the Aether arc leading to the climax?

andrewscott48209

Did anyone else notice that the arrangement of the Island Guardian statues is exactly the same as the arrangement of their respective islands in Alola?

That was an amazing touch. I also love how they gave Ash the Solgalium Z Crystal, then had Ash try and fail to get the crystal into the Z-ring, before upgrading it to the Z power ring. And I love that Tapu Koko taught Ash the pose for this move. Also, this confirms that the Electrium Z crystal will be upgraded, and not merely given away.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not sure about the Team Rocket stuff, I think it was mostly there to pad out the time to fill the episode, I'd rather have had some more Kukui-Burnet moments instead, but I don't mind too much. At least the Rockets finally figured out that Cosmog is not a baby-Koffing.

And I love that Tapu Koko taught Ash the pose for this move. Also, this confirms that the Electrium Z crystal will be upgraded, and not merely given away.

Although I think 10 Million Volts Thunderbolt looks amazing, I think the Z-pose is really lacking. It doesn't even really have a Z-pose in the games. I hope they'll at least do that better in the anime, although so far the Z-poses follow the games exactly

Last edited: