• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Amazing Pokemon Race!

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Hello everyone. This is FPM, back from a break from Serebii with a new game. I would personally like to welcome you all to the Amazing Race - Pokemon Style. For all of you who don't know, the Amazing Race is a show where contestants race other teams around the world! In the Pokemon version of the race each player will pick two Pokemon to race with. On each leg of the race there are multiple challenges that the Pokemon will complete in order to find out where you are racing to. These challenges are spilt into four groups:

Route Info Challenge- A basic challenge. After completion a hint on the next location in the race will be given.

Detour- A choice between two different challenges, of which one will normally take longer to complete than the other. After completion a hint on the next location in the race will be given.

Roadblock- Only one of a trainer's two Pokemon will be able to complete this challenge. The Pokemon selection will determine the length of the challenge. After completion a hint on the next location in the race will be given.

Fast Forward (2 per race)- A special challenge that only one team may complete. All other attempts will be refused. If this challenge is completed the team will be able to race straight to the Pit Stop, or finish of the leg.

Note: After completion of these challenges a hint will be given to each team on where to travel to next. The player will have to PM me back which the correct location before moving on. Based on how long it takes to PM me back minutes will be added to your total time.

The goal of each leg of the race is to reach the Pit Stop, or finish. The last team to reach this point will be eliminated. Each challenge will add minutes to your time, and the team with the most time at the end will normally be eliminated. However, there are two special non-elimination legs over the course of the race, in which the last place team will not be eliminated, but will receive a time penalty for the next leg of the race.

Rules:

1. All SPPf rules apply. You know them, so follow them.
2. Be nice to the other players. No cyber-bulling allowed.
3. Be active. I understand if something comes up, but don't sign up if you don't plan to be active.
4. Additional rules may be added at any time. This is my first original game, and if I see that a new rule is need, I won't hesitate to add it.
5. Breaking any rules can result in a perma-ban from the game. If I'm in a crappy mood I won't even give you a warning. So don't break them.

Sign-up:

Trainer:
Pokemon 1:
Pokemon 2:
Team Color (Each team will have a different color):

The first ten people to sign-up will be our contestants, so get to it. Welcome to the coolest and longest race of your life, the Amazing Pokemon Race.

john stewart

Trainer:john
Pokemon 1:espeon
Pokemon 2:typhlosion
Team Color (Each team will have a different color): rainbow!

.Wind.

Banned
Trainer:Chris
Pokemon 1: Sandslash
Pokemon 2: Hitmontop
Team Color: Brown

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
It's nice to know that there are other people who like The Amazing Race.

Trainer: Dan
Pokemon 1: Duskull
Pokemon 2: Wigglytuff
Team Color: White.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Team Color (Each team will have a different color): rainbow!
Well, I see someone likes to find loopholes.

Anyway, we have our first three contestants, and fairly quickly too. Only seven spots left!

OMG! FPM!

Trainer: Paradise
Pokemon 1: Frosslass (Kimi)
Pokemon 2: Shiny Flygon (Pixel)
Team Color: Blue

rosso1111

Trainer: Ross
Pokemon 1: Rose (Gardevoir)
Pokemon 2: Blade (Gallade)
Colour: Green

Are you going to do the rule that the person starts 12 hours after they finish the previous leg?

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Trainer: Shore
Pokemon 1: Rapidash
Pokemon 2: Sceptile
Team color: Blue-green( since both were already taken)

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Are you going to do the rule that the person starts 12 hours after they finish the previous leg?
I'll start everyone out at the same time, but based on your last leg I will and minutes to your total time.

Well, it seems like SPPf isn't going to let me edit my first post, so I'll just post a updated Trainer list here-

Contestants:

Trainer #1: John
Pokemon: ;196; ;157;
Team Color: Rainbow

Trainer #2: Chris
Pokemon: ;028; ;237;
Team Color: Brown

Trainer #3: Dan
Pokemon: ;355; ;040;
Team Color: White

Trainer #4: Paradise
Pokemon: ;478; ;330;
Team Color: Blue

Trainer #5: Ross
Pokemon: ;282; ;475;
Team Color: Green

Trainer #6: Shore
Pokemon: ;078; ;254;
Team Color: Blue-Green

Trainer #7: Steam
Pokemon: ;306; ;379;
Team Color: Silver

Trainer #8: Albert
Pokemon: ;392; ;260;
Team Color: Black

Trainer #9: sasukeanditachi
Pokemon: ;155; ;158;
Team Color: Teal

Trainer #10: Sapph
Pokemon: ;059; ;197;
Team Color: Red

Last edited:

Sasukat

Back from the dead
Trainer:Sai
pokemon:cyndaquil and totodile
color-teal

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Need more girls. =/

Trainer: Sapph
Pokémon: Arcanine and Umbreon
Color: Red

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
-New York City, New York (11:58 am)-

Welcome, one and all to the longest and hardest race of your life, the Amazing Pokemon Race! All of you know the rules of the race, so follow them. You all have your first location hint, and as soon as you solve it, you may need to the first stop on the race. Respect your fellow contestant, and put all of your heart into the race. Good luck to you all. You may start when I say go.

Ready...Set...GO!!

*You will now receive a PM containing your first location hint. You must PM me back with the correct location before moving on.*

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
As a note to all: You can use any resources you have (even the internet) to solve the location hint. Also, there is a 48 hour limit to get your answers in. If you don't get the correct answer you will be placed in a random place in the standings.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Hate to triple posts, but it's WAY over the deadline. The answer to the hint is...
NICARAGUA!!
So as far as the standings go (drum roll please):

1st: john stewart
2nd: Blue_Mew22
3rd: SergeiDragunov
4th: sasukeanditachi
5th: rosso1111
6th: Epwna is a Sceptile
7th: kuriboh361
8th: robincool98
9th: .Wind.
10th: suicune lover

I will start the challenges tomorrow, and hopefully you all will help make this game a success. Also, you guys need to make this forum more active. Maybe discuss the TV show, or why you chose the Pokemon you did, are post some minor RP elements (make sure not to get us shut down.) Just try and keep the forum active, and enjoy the game.

Last item of business, I am always looking for new challenge ideas, so if you have any ideas please PM me with them. I'd appreciate it, and it will keep this game fresh.

kuriboh361

Bearer of Peace
Hmm.... I'm 7th. Got to try harder.....

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Whenever I first got the question I was like "DUH, PANAMA!" Little did I realize it said "planned." :/

Oh well. I remember when the Globetrotters were on that show. Epic stuff. I went to see those guys not long after the season ended.

.Wind.

Banned
I googled it and I came up with Peru

I didn't like the Globetrotters on AM.