• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The American Revolution, 233 Years Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

Hmm… Talk about ironic, or ironically appropriate. My attempt to gauge thought processes in deciding political priorities may not have worked out as I expected, but perhaps this will be better.:

National Archives: United States Declaration of Independence
History Channel: 4th of July – Independence Day
State Department: Great Seal of the United States
Library of Congress: American Revolution, 1763-1783
Library of Congress: John Bull & Uncle Sam: Four Centuries of British-American Relations
YouTube: United Britannia: Thatcher and Reagan – The Transatlantic Relationship
YouTube: Dallas Federal Reserve: David McCullough: American Optimism

A very impressive country I behold at this moment, starting with a bold declaration to the world – reinforced by a will of iron. 233 years ago, Thomas Jefferson authored this Declaration of Independence and took it to the Second Continental Congress for approval, out of a conviction that King George III had overtaxed Britain’s North American colonies, impelling those colonies to break away, thereby starting the American Revolutionary War. These colonies united to form one country, known simply as the United States of America, and it went on to stretch from the Atlantic to the Pacific in its quest to unleash the human spirit. As the 21st century gets underway, America has spread its wings all over this planet, and many, whether they like it or dislike it, remember it as the guardian of liberty. I will look for more information about the various elements in this (rather) impressive experiment in human freedom, from the United States Constitution and its amendments to America’s special relationship with Britain to the political currents that have coursed through this country’s history up to the present day, and anyone who wishes to comment about this experiment and those elements is certainly welcome to do so, centered as they most likely are and will be around the United States of America, right on time for its 233rd birthday.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I don't see how this is a debate. Anyway, I think that that America should go back to its imperialistic roots. We should first invade Mexico. After they are taken over, we'll go after Canada. Slowly but surely the whole world shall be eaten by the USA. Great idea or the greatest idea?

Ethan

Banned
I don't see how this is a debate. Anyway, I think that that America should go back to its imperialistic roots. We should first invade Mexico. After they are taken over, we'll go after Canada. Slowly but surely the whole world shall be eaten by the USA. Great idea or the greatest idea?

We can't invade Mexico, because then all the Mexicans would be Americans.

Ahem.

Hey, ccangelo, marioguy is correct in saying that this isn't necessarily a debate. Granted, the debate forum rules often allow just for controversial discussion rather than strict debates, but I'm afraid I don't really see this topic going any where.

Status
Not open for further replies.