• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

Littlemyuu

A great episode, Giant gengar and Alakazam ftw<3
i love to watch this one back someday

Icefiyre

Banned
This episode was one of the greatest ever because it features two giant ancient Pokemon, Gengar and Alakazam, from a place known as Pokemopolis. It goes crazy when both battle against each other, causing a disturbance. Luckily, Jigglypuff rises from its sleep and sings to both of them, with the conflict being over. I love ancient episodes!

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I like this episode alot, kinda like the whole mystery-Ancient stuff type of episodes (Like the BF eps where Ash gets possessed or that episode when Jessie took a staff that controlled Pokemon and made her a "queen"

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Strange episode.

gengar and Alakazam were giant. wow, it was amazing.

And i loved to see Brock's Onix using Dig.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably the best Filler ever (not sure if we've seen Alakazam before so it's up in the air). Loved Pikachu versus Vulpix and how that battle started a chain of events.

This episode was creepy. That black relic capturing people scared me. That spoon thing possessing the researcher girl was even worse.

The finally battle with Ash's PokeBalls exploding was neat, shows how strong those two were. Jigglypuff saved the day FOR ONCE. 10/10

JohnLee

Probably the best Filler ever (not sure if we've seen Alakazam before so it's up in the air). Loved Pikachu versus Vulpix and how that battle started a chain of events.

This episode was creepy. That black relic capturing people scared me. That spoon thing possessing the researcher girl was even worse.

The finally battle with Ash's PokeBalls exploding was neat, shows how strong those two were. Jigglypuff saved the day FOR ONCE. 10/10

Yes! I get scared very easily even now at my age, but back when I first saw this episode it was pretty creepy. Kanto always had the best fillers! :)

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This episode was like a godzilla move. Giant gengar vs giant alakazam was pretty cool. Then giant jigglypuff steps in to settle it once and for all.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Another Kanto standout. Totally original and real slap in the face of "Yeah, we're still finding stuff out about Pokemon". Red and Blue kind of left that hanging, and this episode ran with it.

Interesting choice of Alakazam and Gengar for out giants, and that Brock actually considered Onix- a rare instance of the viewer's "Send out your dang Pokemon already" cry coming true.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This was a very odd episode. It was very cool seeing how ancient Pokeballs worked and how different they were. Those giant Pokemon were very cool looking, I liked seeing Alakazam for the 1st time. Jigglypuff singing as a Giant Pokemon, sounded... odd... and different... That voice was so loud and low it was weird. That episode for some reason still scares me today :D

20/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I really liked how this episode talked a lot about ancient things. I find ancient history related things to be quite interesting, so I enjoyed hearing about an ancient city, artifacts, etc.

When I saw the giant Gengar and Alakazam, my first thought was that this was just going to be a rip-off of Island of the Giant Pokemon. But, I soon found these giant Pokemon to be much, much more creepy. I loved the giant Jigglypuff though, it was funny. xD

Vernikova

Champion
I loved this episode. The mythology behind Pokemopolis was interesting and the artifacts ("ancient Poké balls"?) were pretty cool. The battle between ancient Alakazam and ancient Gengar was fun to watch. I guess to activate ancient Jigglypuff, a smaller Jigglypuff had to sing or something? Speaking of ancient Pokémon, I wonder if they were all giant compared to Pokémon today. Its episodes like this that really got me interested in the show once upon a time.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I liked this episode, not only was it great to see a giant Gengar and Alakazam, but you also got to see a deep voiced, giant Jigglypuff!!! This episode definitely makes you think more about how the history of Pokémon was. I also liked the character of the lady. (Eve I think)

This creeped me out when I was a little kid. Back then, I thought everybody inside the giant Alakazam and Gengar was dead, and that it was like Heaven or Hell (even though I am atheist, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell)... Now I can enjoy it. It's quite weird. The giant Jigglypuff was funny and weird. I have this one on DVD. Not one of my favourite episodes, but it's enjoyable and worth watching. 8/10.

Blessed

LOL this episode was weird, nevertheless hilarious. Who would have thought a huge Jigglypuff would have to sing to get huge Alakazam and Gengar to sleep? I thought the small jigglypuff would have been enough guess not. A lot of questions remained unanswered tho, oh well.

Last edited:

7threst

Yeah, this episode used to creep me out too when I was a kid. It really was a mysterious episode with a lot of questions remaining unanswered at the end of the episode. It was a alright filler, but not exceptional.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I watched this episode recently. The ancient ruins, expanding storm, and weird, crystal growths reminded me of the 3rd movie. I like this episode better though.