• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis!

While training, Ash & Co accidentally uncover some ruins of Pokémopolis, an ancient city. After a bit of research, they find a giant Gengar and a Giant Alakazam appear and start fighting...possibly to end the world...can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

This was an interesting episode. I like the old Pokeball type things and how humans got sucked into them too. And the giant Jigglypuff's song was freaky. LOL

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Go Alakazam! I mean go Jigglypuff, the peacemaker, yeah...

This was an interesting episode, much different from the usual. What were those things Alakazam was making?

Dunno what else to say...7.5/10

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
My favourite pre-league filler. I love the originality of it. YAY, a Jigglypuff episode where it actually HELPS!

I

IceAngelChris

I love this episode so much..I think this would rank up there with the best..
I would love to catch that Alakazam and be it's trainer..I would so take care of it and that would make me the strongest ever.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Like "Sparks Fly for Magnemite", "The School of Hard Knocks", and "Make Room for Gloom", this is one of those first season episodes that I really don't like. I don't hate it as much as the other episodes, but I don't know, I just don't like episodes where characters are in dark peril. I do like the giant Jigglypuff :D , but that's the only real thing I like about the episode. Oh yeah, and I like the part when the French lady quickly thanks the twerps for their help then ignores them.

Ice_Scyther

FFFFFFFFF-
When I first saw this episode I was like 5 so I got scared half to death... ^_^
Now it's one of my favorite episodes.

J

~Jupitol~

This is also one of my favorites. Before the days of massive blocks of fillers, I thought episodes like this were cool. And the original ideas still are.

Heracross

Custom User Title
At first I didn't care for this episode very much, but it's grown on me a lot over the years. Though the concept of giant pokémon was nothing new, the way it was done was certainly original, with the ancient legends and such. I thought the giant Purin was pretty funny, and it was hilarious when Gengar absorbed Takeshi's Iwaaku and it shows everyone inside being thrown around.

This episode also had some nice music. There were several pieces that were heard for the first time in this ep, and they really helped to give it an epic vibe.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Indigo League BMG for the only time and Ash had to say something stupid and ruin the moment (and stop the music).

Heracross

Custom User Title
They have occasianally used that piece since then, but I'm not sure if it was ever heard in the dub version again.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It wasn't it was cut whereever it was heard. Release subtitled DVD's you b*stards.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Umm...I never saw this episode. I assume it's on DVD, right? And why doesn't the main site have pictures for it yet? It showed a long time ago!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Silver Ryu said:
Umm...I never saw this episode. I assume it's on DVD, right? And why doesn't the main site have pictures for it yet? It showed a long time ago!
Serebii doesn't have pics for almost all the Kanto episodes. :p

I like this episode. Giant Jigglypuff was hilarious when it was drawing on Alakazam and Gengar's faces, even though they already have markings on them. XD

Reece

I loved this episode. All the episodes that falled into the "ancient" cattegory (Prehistoric Pokemon, etc.) really interest me.

Pure

back.
Oh, this episode was excellent. The first episode of Alakazam's and he was a featured pokemon! He was astounding. You also don't see that Jiggypuff type gag anymore with the advanced saga. It was priceless.

JONNO.FRESH

Meh i didnt really like this episode much. Jigglypuff probably saved this episode imo. Anyway the story was good but they kinda rushed it.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
This is one of my favorite episodes from season one, I haven't seen it for such a long time though, I miss it =[
One of my favorite moments is when Team Rocket gets sucked into the Pokemon and just talk as if its a normal thing to other people in there LOL.