• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis! (074)

Wartortle 2000

Cascade Trainer
This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big, and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.

I give this episode 1/10 for being called "Pokémon."

Kabuto

little punks!
This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big, and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.

I give this episode 1/10 for being called "Pokémon."

While the episode had a few flaws, I still think it was interesting to see the enourmous ancient pokemon. I liked how it was like a puzzle and the giant Jigglypuff provided some laughs. While not as great as some Kanto episodes. the episode wasn't nearly as bad as most of Johto/Hoenn.

Wartortle 2000

Cascade Trainer
Kabuto said:
While the episode had a few flaws, I still think it was interesting to see the enourmous ancient pokemon. I liked how it was like a puzzle and the giant Jigglypuff provided some laughs. While not as great as some Kanto episodes. the episode wasn't nearly as bad as most of Johto/Hoenn.
Precisely why I said it was the worst episode of the first season. Johto was a huge step down and Hoenn pretty much ruined the anime, IMO.

I did like the giant Pokémon, but I would've liked an explanation.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Wartortle 2000 said:
This is, in my opinion, by far the worst episode in the first season. Nothing is explained, such as WHY Alakazam and Gengar are so big
Could be because no one knew why. And in any event, explaining every detail would be dull. It leaves nothing to the imagination.
and the episode itself is boring, with most of it being reasearchers rambling on about something the audience doesn't care about.
Actually, most of it was Gengar wreaking havoc and fighting with Fuudin. You're severely exaggerating the amount of time spent on explanations. Not to mention, you just complained about too little being explained. Contradictory much?

Wartortle 2000

Cascade Trainer
Could be because no one knew why. And in any event, explaining every detail would be dull. It leaves nothing to the imagination.

Actually, most of it was Gengar wreaking havoc and fighting with Fuudin. You're severely exaggerating the amount of time spent on explanations. Not to mention, you just complained about too little being explained. Contradictory much?
Seeing as how the researchers were rambling on about the ancient city, which I could care less about, and not the giant Gengar and Alakazam, no, I am not contradicting myself.

Maestro Kinético

I will always remember this epp, it was so original. The plot of the ruins was great, and the giant Pokemon scared me a lot.

Battra

This was a interesting episode, I like the giant pokemon on the loose theme though I would've also liked a little elaboration on the whole ancient civilizations and giant pokemon them since it will get revisited later in the Hoen saga. The early pokeballs were very interesting and how they contained the huge pokemon. I really enjoyed this episode it's to bad we won't see anything like it until Hoen.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
This episode was so weird that for a while I thought that it was all a dream that I had one night. I was so confused when I saw it on Cartoon Network one day.

pokemon fan 132

Another great and interesting episode with original plot.It was interesting to see the battle between giant Alakazam and Gengar,and we also find out how looked like early pokeballs.I only wished that there was more elaboration on ancient civilizations.

Anyway,despite that i really like this episode and seeing big Jigglypuff how sings was little scary,but it was cool that he saved the day.

Murkronos

AKA Kamikarasu
Like "Sparks Fly for Magnemite", "The School of Hard Knocks", and "Make Room for Gloom", this is one of those first season episodes that I really don't like. I don't hate it as much as the other episodes, but I don't know, I just don't like episodes where characters are in dark peril. I do like the giant Jigglypuff :D , but that's the only real thing I like about the episode. Oh yeah, and I like the part when the French lady quickly thanks the twerps for their help then ignores them.

FRENCH LADY?!

WATCH LESS 4KIDS DUBS!!!

yeah, this was one of my favorite episodes. houdin and gengar's battle kicked ***. but what was the glass figure that takeshi was holding? it wasn't a pokemon that i recognized...

Tadashi

kiss my greens
One of my favorites from season 1. Why, you ask? Because of the gigantic ancient Jigglypuff. I think I actually fell out of my chair when I first saw that it was the big plot twsit |3

The fight with Gengar and Alakazam was cool, too. Sorta like a "Pokemon Does Godzilla" bit. Good episode ^_^

katfairy

Loved the giant Jigglypuff. For a long time afterwards, my roommates and I would just start singing the Jigglypuff song in as deep a voice as we could manage, and it would always get us giggling. Almost as good as the KidsWB promo with Bruce Wayne singing it. (And that one wins only because it's Batman being blackmailed into singing by a kid.)

GDE

Palette Professor
this episode's plot was hilarious, I remember the spoon of death.... or was it a fork? ._.
either way, the gengar creeped me out O3o

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
It seems to me to contain part of the premise for the 10'th movie, strangely. What with the two Pocket Monsters duking it out, and a third one who will quell the brawl. However, in defense of the 10'th movie, this plot has more to do with ancient mythology, and Ash and co. aren't directly affected by the events here as they are later on. The Jigglypuff who silences them is a funny twist on our regular Jigglypuff, too.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This is one of my favorite episodes. Giant Gengar is epic win. A great story to follow through with it. Such a neat episode. Seeing them all crammed up in that thing was cool.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Poor Jigglypuff, it tries to help out and it gets attacked for it's trouble.