• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Anime Episode Face-Off v2 (may contain anime spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I thought I'd bring back my old face-off idea, the Episode Face-Off, since I'm on the forums every day and the original seemed popular back in the old country. The episodes are chosen compltetely randomly and winners/losers will be recorded here. When all the current episodes have been used I'll start a second round for the winners, although to make numbers work I may allow a few reprieves from the loser pile before each round. This will continue until you have chosen the ultimate episode- whoop! I plan to have a new face-off added each day or two after an initial three (I don't want more than five active face-offs at a time) and each face-off will finish either when one of the episodes reaches five votes or the face-off has been active for a week.

OK, the first random matchup is...
Episode 205: The Screen Actor's Guilt
VS
Episode 355: Pearls Are a Spoink's Best Friends

So there's a choice between a Shoochum filler from Johto and another filler, this time debuting a semi-recurring psychic-pokemon with an unrequited sphere fetish. Have fun!

Here's a second one, just so this thread is worth your while;
Episode 383: Beg, Burrow and Steal
VS
Chikorita's Big Upset

Hmm... both are fairly standard episodes for its particular genres. There's a "newbie settlng in" episode and a "Ash and co find a place nobody has seen for generations" episode.

And finally (I just realised I'l have to do 268 of these things)
Episode 315: A Pokeblock Party
VS
Episode 357: Take This House and Shuppet

Two from Hoenn this time- both quite good fillers. One is the final appearance of Jigglypuff and the other is the final full episode of May's Torchic, so they both hold a special place in my heart.

Get voting! Oh, and only one vote per face-off for each member. Forgot that bit.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, a slow start is no sure sign of failure. I might as well post another face-off while I'm here, making a grand total of four.

Episode 242: Some Like it Hot
VS
Episode 402: Like a Meowth to a Flame

Well, I've never actually seen the Magcargo filler to judge whether it's good for a late-Johto filler or not, but it's pit against the debut of Tyson for the Hoenn version of the flame-saving episode. Both episodes deal with fire, but which one burns the brightest for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.