• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Annoying Places in the Pokemon World

Wayward Cave for me. The main part is just stupidly annoying to navigate and very easy to get yourself lost in (especially without Flash, herp). Also good luck escaping when you have that person following you; pretty sure you can't just go and leave via Dig or whatnot (and if you can then I guess no quest completion!), and you can't use the bike either so you're forced to run. Very low variation in wild Pokemon as well, and if you want a Gible? Guess you should look in that other entrance! You know, the one you can't even see under cycling road itself. Terrible design choice there.

I think being able to get a Gible after the 2nd gym was a terrible design choice.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Wow there's quite a lot of anger in here. Guess I'm not alone in my frustration :p

The entire journey after Slateport City in R/S. Once your feet leave land, they aren't finding it again until you beat the eighth gym leader. As somebody on the last page stated, unless you want a super high-leveled grass or electric type, running into only water types every three steps helps nobody. And water routes are just neverending in those games - nothing like the short, pleasant ride from Pallet Town to Cinnibar Island. Ugh screw Tentacool.

Also, in Unova, any cave area containing a Pokemon with Sturdy. I really didn't mind caves before Boldore became legit impossible to KO in one hit.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Also, in Unova, any cave area containing a Pokemon with Sturdy. I really didn't mind caves before Boldore became legit impossible to KO in one hit.
I hated sturdy somewhat...however evenually I figured out it was main and easiest way to get an everstone. o_O....The only other way in black and white was to get some amount of different trainer iD's...XDannoying...
I think being able to get a Gible after the 2nd gym was a terrible design choice.
I honeslty thought it didn't matter. In the end, Gabite was never that useful until garchomp, and it didn't make it much easiyer by getting it early. It just dragged your team along due to slow esxpereince gain...honestly, its better just to catch one in victory road so it doesn't drag your party down >3>... lol

-Nator-

The amount of water in the Hoenn region. I have to spend over half of my PKMN dollar earnings on Repel just to avoid the mass wild encounters. Even then I'm still annoyed because it takes forever and a day to navigate the ocean.

gamer_legend

The amount of water in the Hoenn region. I have to spend over half of my PKMN dollar earnings on Repel just to avoid the mass wild encounters. Even then I'm still annoyed because it takes forever and a day to navigate the ocean.

This comment pretty much sums it up. In regards to the amount of HM's wasted in order to navigate one surface it definitely goes to Johto (Waterfall, Surf and Whirlpool) but Hoenn is much worse on the account that there is a vast ocean between Lilycove and Evergrande and very little in between besides terrible trainers, A shipload of Tenacool and little else.

Although that said I cannot forget Rock Tunnel from R/B/Y when you don't know that you need HM Flash.

Unoin

Apart from all the caves as I don't buy repels, having to grind before the eight gyms and the E4 for quite a while and the places infiltrated by Team Rocket/Galactic etc. because they take so long to pass

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Castelia's sewers. I know it's a good place to EV train your Pokemon but other than that, it's quite annoying with it's somewhat confusing maze, in my opinion.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
Route 216 and 217, otherwise known as the snowy routes you take towards Snowpoint City. I just hate how slow moving the snow makes you, and since it doesn't make sense to ride a bike on snow, that can't be used to help make things faster.
I love those routes super much! :D

What I hate is like mentioned before, Victory Road! >: (

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a bit of a shame with the snow routes imo. The gimmick of 'haha you have to walk slowly and can get stuck' sure was annoying (also why I dislike the Great Marsh), but it does make sense for a snowy part of the world, and furthermore the route music theme is one of my favourites, which is a pity.

Every and all water routes. I usually always start with the fire type starter, so going through hundreds upon hundreds of the SAME water type pokemon *cough* Tentacool *cough* in the water every 5 or so steps really gets on my nerves.

Oh, god forbid you buy some damn repels.

Yes because it's sooo hard to get money in the Hoenn. And seriously, it doesn't take forever to navigate Hoenn's oceans, in fact, the route directions are pretty obvious.

All Cave routes x.x

Really...?

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Sinnoh Victory Road. They make you either have an HM Slave in one of the best training spots in the game or teach one of your Pkmn "Make-'em faint" Rock Smash to complete it. Some choice :(

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Stark Mountain - Big, bland, and filled with double battles. To make things worse, the camera view is further away than it is in Wayward Cave, making things hard to see, and the Pokemon are all very high-leveled. Now, normally this wouldn't be very much of an issue, but I was unlucky enough to run out of Repels right in the middle of it. And because of that, Stark Mountain became my least favorite area in all of Pokemon.
Wayward Cave - Also big and bland and filled with double battles, but was at least more bearable than Stark Mountain.
Shoal Cove - I hated having to wait a day just to finish exploring the area, and it drove my OCD completely nuts, especially during the low tide. All those restricted staircases just sitting there, taunting me...
Routes 133 & 134 - Those currents.
Pokestar Studios - During the main story.

Last edited:

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
emm, wayward cave, Castelia sewers, and sinnoh victory road. That all had mazes that took me hours. xD and sinnoh Victory road because you needed an HM slave to get through it.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
water routes and victory road :/

Cutty

Forever now
I don't really like the route to Snowpoint City and some caves.
Oh I dislike the Victory road in B/W 2 the most.