• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Annoying Places in the Pokemon World

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
The Plasma Frigate once you beat the game. Was up to around 1AM one night looking.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Icy Path. So annoying. Slipping all around it takes me an hour to get around it each time.

The snowy routes took way to long.

Chargestone cave hates me. A joltik every 5 seconds.

And stark mountain just annoyed me to death.

The foggy route inbetween Celestic and Solaceon always annoyed me. To travel through that route, you can either teach a Pokemon the most useless HM in existence, or go through the route with half accuracy. Come to think of it, Mt. Coronet pissed me off too.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
It's a bit of a shame with the snow routes imo. The gimmick of 'haha you have to walk slowly and can get stuck' sure was annoying (also why I dislike the Great Marsh), but it does make sense for a snowy part of the world, and furthermore the route music theme is one of my favourites, which is a pity.

Those two places were the most annoying. Not to mention Hoenn's giant ocean and the caves full of Zubat spread across different regions. That said, i think Unova in B/W2 is the best region to travel around in. You don't even need a HM move to get from Aspertia to the Pokémon League.

Larry

For me personally it would be these 3.

-Desort Resort
-The one that connects Lavender all the way to Fushia
-Hoenn Victory Road

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Those two places were the most annoying. Not to mention Hoenn's giant ocean and the caves full of Zubat spread across different regions. That said, i think Unova in B/W2 is the best region to travel around in. You don't even need a HM move to get from Aspertia to the Pokémon League.

Actually, you do need Strength to get through the victory road. Victory roads, while on the topic, are usually post-game areas for me because by the time I get there I just want to challenge the E4!

ToeyJoey

The Count
Route 45/46 - Johto, so much to explore; you make one wrong move and bam. Do it again.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
Caves. The zubat ambush everyone! It's like they position one every 5 steps DX Just imagine them waiting there.... staring at you.. until you finally step on them so they battle you. I'm talking about the early part of games with no max repel

Mt. Coronet because you have to go through it so many times. And it requires many HMs.
Wayward Cave(the one by the Cycling Road?) Yeah, because, um... why do I even go there now?
I don't like how this one Hiker was blocking a room in the DPPt Victory Road.
Cerulean City's kinda annoying, but ehh...
Jagged Pass is too linear.
The Snowpoint City's snowy paths (because even with a Fighting team, it's a pain to fight through Hail.) because of snow. Yet I like the routes near Wake's Gym, with the mud.
Mt. Mortar (or whatever it is connecting Kanto to Johto), because so much of it is unneccessary.
Pokemon Mansion
Seafoam Islands
Anywhere in PMD

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"I like soup."

Dark Caverns before the handheld systems got backlights, especially in generation 2. What's annoying currently are places to EV train where encounter rates aren't 100%, training for defence is so annoying!

chriswilliam92

Heat Trainer
Whitney's gym, just because it leads up that annoying battle with her Miltank.

Really any area that has a lot of random encounters and trainers without a place to heal nearby annoys me. I just trudged through Victory Road in White 2 and I felt exhausted afterwards.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Rock Tunnel has to be the most annoying place ever ! I hated it in while I red and also playing leafgreen. It used to take a long time to pass it. What's worse is that after the long journey from Rock Tunnel, you reach the most spookiest place in the pokemon world !

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Zubat caves and Tentacool seas.
Pastoria city's Safari Zone bogs annoy me, too.

rook09

Of science.
Castelia Sewers. I forgot to buy repels and went the wrong way :/ I mean, seriously Nintendo? What were you thinking when you created that place?

briguin

Dr. Geek
Turnback Cave.
It took me three days to get out.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Castelia Sewers. I forgot to buy repels and went the wrong way :/ I mean, seriously Nintendo? What were you thinking when you created that place?
I have to agree. I spent ages trying to find that guys lost item to get out, then realised you wern't meant to do it. Does that guy even have an item anyway? Then my younger broher did the entire thing in two minutes...