• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Anti-ship thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh..^_^'
First off, You might wonder why I posted the thread here as opposed to the shipping forum
Well, people who post in that forum and generally shippers (obviously enough) and so I wanted a much broader opinion.

For those who don't know, shipping is related to romance

Ok, basically this is NOT a thread to BASH ships, but to allow people who DON'T ship to discuss the reasons why they don't ( I know that there has to be some of you guys out there that don't really ship)

Now, one look at my sig and you might find it strange that I created such a thread. YES, I don't deny that I do ship (albeit verrrry small in comparison to other people) but that doesn't stop me from wanting to view other people's opinion, does it? I think not

So let the discussion begin! *rings bell*

and yes, for those who don't ship, feel free to express yourself, but in doing so I ask that you remain respectful and resist bashing ships and shippers. I'm sure you can manage that

Chris

Old Coot
Simple. A grand number of people who do make shipping pairs are usually people who WISH certain people would pair when there's absolutely no evidence of such a thing ever happening. Such as Satoshi x Haruka/Hikari and so forth.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
i think this thread is gunna cause trouble to be honest, i don't see the point in anti shipping, if u don't like a ship then don't go near it end of. its like people who complain about wots on T.V, don't like it turn it off and do something worth while, Antishipping isn't even fun so it has no point.

RandomCharizard

Its pointless to make fake relationships of two drawings. I can tolerate where it is canon( which is RARE), but when its not I despise it. Maybe its the shippers themselves that I despise. 99.9% of people take it too seriously.

Erus Black Mage

Its pointless to make fake relationships of two drawings. I can tolerate where it is canon( which is RARE), but when its not I despise it. Maybe its the shippers themselves that I despise. 99.9% of people take it too seriously.

Shipping is serious business

........but yeah, Shipping is fake due to lack of evidence.

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
I don't find shipping so bad, but what I find gross and pathetic is when people actually say that they love a fictional character sexually or emotionally. It's just...ridiculous and downright weird.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I not a big shipper fan since I find shipping ridiculious putting two people together for their own enjoyment. Two people who most likely is not going to happen. In actuality, there were moments were it looked like two people liked each other and blushed, like for example May-Drew, Ash-Misty, and so on, and made it seem like it, but it ain't true. With the Pokemon characters, I usually think some of them another way and have different ideas about them.

I don't hate shippers, and I bet its fun for them to imagine their favorite characters to be in love with thier other potential lover, but some of the shippings that exist are just stupid.

RandomCharizard

Shipping also influences a lot. The main reason people think Pikachu is female is because they want to ship it with Ash...its beastality no matter how you look at it. Would you imagine a kid making out with a rat? I don't think so.
Its sick.

JONNO.FRESH

i'm not into shipping but i get where people who do it come from.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
I have never liked shipping....
And can't take it when people get angry at us anti-shippers because some of us aren't that bad!

Kataphrut

I know. I never liked shipping. I tried to get into it, because it's a bit of a 'fad' on this site, but I saw just how ridiculous some of these ships were and from then on, I wanted nothing to do with it. Particularly ships that have almost no chance of happening, are same-sex or human/Pokemon.

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
Simple. A grand number of people who do make shipping pairs are usually people who WISH certain people would pair when there's absolutely no evidence of such a thing ever happening. Such as Satoshi x Haruka/Hikari and so forth.

*claps*

Thank you for saying that!

I agree, I might be a shipper, but I 100% understand you. I never understood why people make up silly crap like
DawnxPaul
AshxMay
RoarkxVolkerner
MistyxDawn

And a bunch of other silly stuff that will and never could happen. Now I'm not saying I don't ship because for those of you who know me know I support Penguin, Contest, Rocket and Pokeshipping, (and I support them very strongly) but even still alot of people just make up stuff that doesn't even make sense. That's fantasy for you. Even the ships that do make sense will most likely never happen. As for the ships that have had evidence, I do support those, or most. In many cases though shippers just tell themselves in their minds that there's evidence, when there really isn't *Example* When Ash and Dawn gave eachother high fives, in.... forgot the episode, but you get my point right? That's not evidence, I exchange high fives with people everyday, it doesn't mean I like them. I've rarely seen REAL evidence in any ship, and those were Contest and Pokeshipping. Now, I'm not saying I'm the only shipper out there who can prove that there's no other evidence for other ships I don't support, but people like to fantisize. Even I do it, like how I believe that the fact that Kenny and Dawn are childhood friends gives them an edge at liking eachother, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, It's not my place to say it does or doesn't.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that alot of the times, shipping is really pointless, but other times it can amke alot *or some* sense. ;262;

Aaron_fan

I don't ship simply because romance has never been an interest and seems like a waste of time to me. I am not against shipping - I have tendency to see it as a close companionship between characters rather then romance, and on occasion I look through shipping fictions to see if there’s anything of interest - but there are some shippings I find moderately intriguing. However, there are some shippings that don't make any sense to me. Pairings concerning Ash or Cyrus, for example. Ash shows no interest in romance, but he was shown to be attracted to Giselle in "The School of Hard Knocks." Could Ash ever become attracted to anyone else? Certainly, but I don't think he'd fall head-over-heels in love.

Then there are characters for which romance clashes greatly with their characterization. Cyrus is the best example here. As many of us know, he views emotions as nothing but mere illusions. In the games, he specifically targets compassion as an emotion of useless sentimentality, and yet there are pairings with him and Cyntha, with him and Saturn or Mars or Jupiter or Dawn.
Hmm.
Well.
All right...
What makes people think Cyrus would ever go against his very self, especially in the context of a romantic situation? Considering Cyrus' philosophies, it is very illogical.

Dragonfree

Just me
I'm an anti-shipper because despite all my attempts to do so, I am absolutely incapable of understanding some people's tendency to be passionately interested in the love lives of somebody else's made-up characters. Romance just bores me to no end unless it's an important plot point in a greater story that is not filled with lengthy romance scenes serving no purpose beyond being fluffy. I can understand speculating on what's going to happen in the future when it can be expected that there might be romance, but we all know that no couples are going to get together in a show like Pokémon, so it just seems pointless to discuss it. It's generally beyond me how anyone can look at something like Pokémon, a whole world of interesting creatures and ideas, and yet be fixed on something as dull (to me) as making up romance between those arbitrary human characters.

That said, I do find shippers extremely amusing at times, especially so when they start discussing my fic.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!

Kataphrut

I didn't check the dates, so I thought it was new. But it's a good thread for people like me and what's-his-name and what's-her-name and those others.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
A bump is a bump regardless.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.