• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Anything Regarding Best Wishes [Questions, Theories, etc.] Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterpokes

I didn't say it wouldn't get any gym victories, it just strikes me as a balloon popper.
I would love to see Mamepato get some gym victories, but for some reason, it strikes me as a balloon popper, and only that. Other then that, a fairly weak battler.

It might only be me, but this is just a gut feeling. But hopefully my gut feeling is wrong cuz Mamepato is growing on me man. Mamepato lost to Koromori in it's capture episode, but from what I remember, Mamepato was just captured, am I right? And we don't know where Team Rocket was behind the scenes, so Koromori might have been full health! Or maybe Jessie just took it down with her claws?

Either way, Mamepato is still the best Pokemon on any of the main casts team! < 3
Underrated flying bird needs more love! Of course, my gut feeling still think Mamepato in the future will be a balloon popper, but it has been wrong before and it hopefully be again.

So if you will excuse me, I have to change my avatar.

Torpoleon

Mamepato has some decent moves, but it does seem like a weak Pokémon. I do hope it gets some good gym victories. Mamepato reminds me heavily of Starly.

Ash is lucky, since he'll probably get Pokabu in BW004, so that is three straight catches for Ash in a row. Mamepato, Mijumaru & Pokabu. We also saw Pokabu VS Baoppu for the Sanyou Gym and so far, it looks like Ash will be battling Dento and from the looks of things, Poddo & Koon, in BW005. Pokabu could get the win over Baoppu, Mijumaru over Hiyappu & Yanappu and Mamepato over nothing. Maybe something like this:

Mamepato VS Baoppu (Baoppu wins)
Pokabu VS Baoppu (Pokabu wins)
Pokabu VS Hiyappu (Hiyappu wins)
Mjumaru VS Hiyappu (Mijumaru wins)
Mijumaru VS Yanappu (Mijumaru wins)

That brings me to a new question:

How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Mamepato has some decent moves, but it does seem like a weak Pokémon. I do hope it gets some good gym victories. Mamepato reminds me heavily of Starly.

Ash is lucky, since he'll probably get Pokabu in BW004, so that is three straight catches for Ash in a row. Mamepato, Mijumaru & Pokabu. We also saw Pokabu VS Baoppu for the Sanyou Gym and so far, it looks like Ash will be battling Dento and from the looks of things, Poddo & Koon, in BW005. Pokabu could get the win over Baoppu, Mijumaru over Hiyappu & Yanappu and Mamepato over nothing. Maybe something like this:

Mamepato VS Baoppu (Baoppu wins)
Pokabu VS Baoppu (Pokabu wins)
Pokabu VS Hiyappu (Hiyappu wins)
Mjumaru VS Hiyappu (Mijumaru wins)
Mijumaru VS Yanappu (Mijumaru wins)

That brings me to a new question:

How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)?

I hope to see a best 2 out of 3 scenario, where Ash beats one of them, using Pokabu, loses to one with Mamepato, and winning against Dento with Mijumaru. I'm skeptical of this gym battle happening only in BW005.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I honestly don't think Ash would have to face Dento, Pod, and Corn in the Sanyou City Gym battle to be honest. If he did for whatever reason however, I could see him winning against Corn since Pikachu has the advantage against Hiyappu, losing against Pod since Baoppu versus Pokabu (if Ash gets it) would just sort of end with the lesser-trained Pokabu losing, then Ash defeating Dento's Yanappu with Mijumaru. That works for me. If not that then just Ash versus Dento and him losing before he re-challenges him later or whatever, in which case it would be Mijumaru versus Yanappu again.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)? I doubt Ash will battle all three leaders, But if he does, Then I think he'll win against two and lose against one. I'm actually hoping that Ash wins against Dento in one battle. It would be nice if Ash can win a gym battle in one go.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)? Yes because if he catches Pokabu it will be a wise move
Pikachu against Water Monkey
Pokabu against Yanapuu
Mijumaru against Fire Monkey.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl

I think all 3 leaders will battle Ash, it doesn't seem like they're gonna do the tripple battle thing, so I think they're gonna take turn to battle him, Pod'll go first then Corn then Dento and they'll be using their respective monkeys while Ash will be using his Pokabu, Mijumaru and uhm... Pikachu, I guess...

Or maybe they'll let him choose whoever he wants to battle and he'll choose Dento 4 some reason...

Bubblewrap

Why do you think Dento is leaving the gym and who do you think will replace him?

Also, do you all think Dento will be a good cook like Brock? I know it'd probably obvious considering he's a butler, but still.

Darkxninga

Why do you think Dento is leaving the gym and who do you think will replace him?

Also, do you all think Dento will be a good cook like Brock? I know it'd probably obvious considering he's a butler, but still.

I think ^_^ his brothers or...whoever they are will just take over. Or maybe something else?
I think Dento will learn how to cook :D or....already know how. If the gang could survive with Tracy around then they can definitely and easily survive with Dento. >_> still surprised at the "fruit sandwiches" Tracey made in OI......wonder how they tasted..

Last edited:

Torpoleon

How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)? I doubt Ash will battle all three leaders, But if he does, Then I think he'll win against two and lose against one. I'm actually hoping that Ash wins against Dento in one battle. It would be nice if Ash can win a gym battle in one go.
We saw Pokabu VS Baoppu & Mijumaru VS Yanappu. Pokabu is almost confirmed to be Ash's, which almost confirms Ash will battle all three of the gym leaders since we know of the above match ups.

How do you think the Sanyou Gym Battle for Ash will play out (battling all three gym leaders, etc.)? Yes because if he catches Pokabu it will be a wise move
Pikachu against Water Monkey
Pokabu against Yanapuu
Mijumaru against Fire Monkey.
We know Mijumaru battles Yanappu (it will likely be the one to beat Yanappu as well) and we know Pokabu battles Baoppu as well.

Maybe Dento wants to leave to travel the world. It could then just be Poddo & Koon running the gym.

New topic:
How long do you think Iris & Dento will be on the main cast?
One of them will probably leave after Best Wishes!, probably Iris.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl

Maybe Dento is tired of being a gym leader since he always has to stay at the gym all the time so he wants to travel with Ash to see more of the world or maybe he's interested in knowing more about Kanto so he decide to travel with Ash and after Dento's gone, Corn and Pod will just continue to run the gym without him.

I think they'll probably leave after BW ends, both of them and then Ash will get new companions in the next gen

Do you all think Dento will be a good cook like Brock?

Well yeah, I do think Dento's cooking skill will probably be on par with Brock

Last edited:

playerking

Maybe Dento leaves because he is sick of the red hair guy being wild and annoying all the time and because the blue haired one is boring so he wants to see what else is out there and he wants to start a career of waiting and he can own his own restaurant.

Chimchar15

He's a cook not a butler hence why his gym is a restaurant. Second he'll definitely be as good or maybe even better than Brock. The writers wouldn't give Ash a crappy cook to go through a whole region with.

Waterpokes

I think Dento might leave the gym because having three Gym Leaders is just too many. Or maybe Dento is like Brock in some way. Ya know, battling isn't what he wants to do and thus leaving the gym for the others.

I think Iris will get the same treatment as the other girls, which means she will be leaving. I can't see her leaving after one region unless Isshu has almost 200 episodes, like Dawn did. But she will probably get something between 160-190 episodes and then leave somewhere between that, like former girls.

I think Dento might actually stay for a long time. Compared to the other guys, I doubt he will stay as long as Brock, but possibly more then Max. As long as he brings something to the table, he can't leave.

Torpoleon

If there are Pokémon Musicals in the regions to follow, maybe Iris will leave after Isshu for the same reason as Misty, but Dento would stay. Hopefully Isshu could have around 150 Episodes, since that would be a decent amount for Iris.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down

Maybe Dento just wants to travel the world, or try his hand at Musicals?

If we have a 5th Gen BF saga, they'll probably stay then but by the time the 6th Gen comes along, I think Iris and Dento'll be long gone.

Torpoleon

We saw a preview with Dento from something that looks like he in Pokémon Musicals, so maybe he does that and Iris has involvement with Reshiram & Zekrom. Kind of cool how the girl joins in BW001 and that is when Misty joined. Brock joined in EP005 and Dento will likely join in BW005.

New topic:
How often do you think Shooti will appear?
I hope Shooti appears a lot and that Ash never beats him until the Generation VI League, just like with Gary.

playerking

That preview wasn't dento in the musicals it was the gym battle i'm sure.

Torpoleon

That preview wasn't dento in the musicals it was the gym battle i'm sure.
Which one? There was one with Dento in the gym and one with him in a different place.

playerking

You mean the one where the light shined after he pointed his finger or something like that the first preview? That was the gym i'm sure because when you see dento and his brothers they are in a dark room i think dento goes solo before ash battle and that's when the light shines on him i doubt it was a musical.

Status
Not open for further replies.