• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Anything Regarding Best Wishes [Questions, Theories, etc.] Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
clearly pikachu can still use iron tail and quick attack, which should automatically KO that grass pokemon (A new starter WTF),

One explanation: Pikachu kinda freaked out after he found out he couldn't use electric attacks,making him feel more weak, and weakening his other attacks.

How Do You Expect/Want Team Plasma/N/Sages to be Handled?

I'm hoping they do as good of a job with this as they did galactic. And like many people here,
I'm hoping that at some point N tries to get Ash to join him.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I'm hoping they do as good of a job with this as they did galactic. And like many people here,
I'm hoping that at some point N tries to get Ash to join him.

I genuinely didn't think that Team Galactic were handled very well. They didn not appear very much and the final arc felt rushed and incomplete.

I want the writers to include Team Plasma a LOT more than what Galactic got. And, yes, I am in favour of N wanting to get Ash on his side.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Better than how Team Galactic was handled. I really hope that N and Team Plasma in general appear sooner rather than later in the Best Wishes anime. I disliked that Team Galactic didn't appear in DP until right before the second Gym battle. I really don't want a repeat of this. I really hope that only N and Team Plasma get showcased though, and not the sages. Why is this? Because apparently the sages appear to have a more important role after the Black and White games are beat and the anime doesn't usually follow up on post-Elite Four game events anyway so I say, get rid of the sages.

Grei

not the color
One explanation: Pikachu kinda freaked out after he found out he couldn't use electric attacks,making him feel more weak, and weakening his other attacks.

Exactly. Also, Pikachu was shown to be very tired after trying to use Electric attacks--it probably really strained him not being able to output any electricity. That, coupled with how Tsutarja was able to land free hits on Pikachu in his distraction and you have a justified loss from Pikachu.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Exactly. Also, Pikachu was shown to be very tired after trying to use Electric attacks--it probably really strained him not being able to output any electricity. That, coupled with how Tsutarja was able to land free hits on Pikachu in his distraction and you have a justified loss from Pikachu.

Not to mention, Grass Mixer looks a lot more powerful in the anime than it is in-game.

Grei

not the color
Not to mention, Grass Mixer looks a lot more powerful in the anime than it is in-game.

I was going to mention that, too. Grass Mixer looks terrifying in the anime--it threw Pikachu around, forcing it down into the ground and shooting it back quite a distance. For a new Tsutarja it sure did seem rather strong.

Grei

not the color
Perhaps the writers are doing their best to promote the new moves.

It definitely seems so. Seeing how epic Nitro Charge and Shell Blade appear in the previews, the new moves really do seem to have gotten special treatment. Which is logical, anyway.

I hope Pikachu gets a new move that can get exploited all of the time. Wild Bolt or Eleci Ball sound pretty sweet.

TicoPokemonMaster

It would be nice if they would appear basically when they appeared in the games.

Team Magma/Aqua premiered early but then many flaws were added. To me atleast Team Magma got more appearances than Aqua did. Which in turn made the writers have Archie as the villian of the two teams war, Maxie was basically obvious to his minions actions.

Team Galactic. I think the writers premiered them late in order to fix the error of the Team Magma/Aqua arc.

The thing is every team past Team Rocket has a major impact on the story line. Team Rocket is very flexible because they think in a general term: To steal valuable pokemon. Unlike the other teams who are after a certain goal.

I willing to bet if the writers followed the plot of the games into the anime then that would be a perfect blend of what everyone is looking for.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Well i have a question.

Question: Was it ever explained why Iris joined Ash? I watched the subbed version and still no explanation...

Teshub

Banned
Well i have a question.

Question: Was it ever explained why Iris joined Ash? I watched the subbed version and still no explanation...

It's implied that she owes Ash for trying to help her get back Kibago (since that's what she said in the ending of BW002).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's implied that she owes Ash for trying to help her get back Kibago (since that's what she said in the ending of BW002).

So she's thankful to Ash, and will join Ash on his journey to hinder him? I'm kidding, that seems a bit extreme though. Even if Ash did help her get her Kibago back, it doesn't mean she has to follow him around and possibly guide him throughout the Isshu region. The writers could have been a bit more creative I think.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had those images I keep hearing about, the ones that "prove" that Ash gets Pokabu and Tsutarja :s

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
So she's thankful to Ash, and will join Ash on his journey to hinder him? I'm kidding, that seems a bit extreme though. Even if Ash did help her get her Kibago back, it doesn't mean she has to follow him around and possibly guide him throughout the Isshu region. The writers could have been a bit more creative I think.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had those images I keep hearing about, the ones that "prove" that Ash gets Pokabu and Tsutarja :s

Watch the early trainers, we see a monster ball being thrown at a Tsutaja in a forest, and Pokabu fighting in Dento's gym.

The only "realistic" excuse for someone traveling with Ash has been May's since she needed someone to help/protect her in her journey since she was a bigger n00b than Dawn. Everyone else probably just felt like going with Ash because he seemed nice, and of course Misty. But everyone knows.

Torpoleon

Question: Do you think Iris & Dento will get Pokémon Eggs, if so, what Pokémon do you think they'll hatch into?
Seeing as how all the main cast members that are eligible to have Pokémon all have experience with Pokémon Eggs, I think Iris & Dento shouldn't be left out. Iris could get a Monozu Egg and Dento could get a Shikijika Egg. It is possible for them both to get Pokémon Eggs in BW, since dawn & Brock did in DP.

Here's one:

How far do you think Ash will get in the Isshu League?

I'm going to assume at the very worst he'll get Top 4 again, but a par of me believes he'll get Top 2.

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
Here's one:

I'm going to assume at the very worst he'll get Top 4 again, but a par of me believes he'll get Top 2.

Yeah, Probably. Ash hasn't fallen back a space in any of the leagues. Unless "reboot" means complete copy.

Question: Do you think Iris & Dento will get Pokémon Eggs, if so, what Pokémon do you think they'll hatch into?
Seeing as how all the main cast members that are eligible to have Pokémon all have experience with Pokémon Eggs, I think Iris & Dento shouldn't be left out. Iris could get a Monozu Egg and Dento could get a Shikijika Egg. It is possible for them both to get Pokémon Eggs in BW, since dawn & Brock did in DP.

I think they should get eggs. As for what pokemon.... I Don't know enough
of the new pokemon to guess. ^_^' Shijiika for dento sounds good though!

Torpoleon

This is kind of hard to predict, seeing as how only 2 BW Episodes have aired thus far, not to mention only in Japan, but it should be at least Top 4. It would be cool if Shooti pulls a Gary, but that depends on how long it is until the Isshu League comes. If it is the relatively same length as Kanto, perhaps Ash could lose to Shoot in the Top 4 and beat him in the Top 4 in the Generation VI Region, but lose to some guy in the Top 2 of the Generation VI League. That would be cool, although that would make Isshu have 80 or so episodes. Maybe Isshu could have 150 Episodes and do this?

thunderblade12

Probably top 4. But this time he won't use any reserves.

Anyone else worried due to the fact that BW005 involves the gym and BW006 is something completely different? Here's hoping the gym battle isn't some cheap, rushed, Kanto-esque bullcrap. A lot's gotta happen... Dento joining Ash, introductions for Poddo and Koon and their monkies, and the Gym battle. Are the gym leaders gonna go back to being half ignored with only one or two episodes each?

I'm still hoping Surge, Chuck, Koga, and the other neglected leaders get a second appearance one day.

Torpoleon

I was hoping that BW005 introduces Dento, Poddo, Koon & their Elemental Monkey Pokémon. Then, BW006 would have the Abandoned Lot of Dreams, showcasing Makomo, Munna & Musharna (and James could randomly catch a Tamagetake). Then, BW007 would be Ash VS Dento, Poddo & Koon.

Status
Not open for further replies.