1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The apparent Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Restricted List for Sept 2010 (Spoiler Alert!)

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by plxtreme, Aug 18, 2010.

1. plxtreme

plxtreme Love is in the Amour

Before I begin, if this list is proven fake in any way, I deeply apologize and please delete this thread.

Anyways...

Banned:

Rescue Cat
    Heavy Storm
    Brain Control
    Substitoad

Limited:

Black Whirlwind
    Royal Oppression
    Infernity Launcher
    Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    Monster Reborn
    Dark Hole

Semi:
    MST
    Chaos Sorcerer

Snipe Hunter
    Ojama Trio
    Magic Cylinder

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon
    Goblin Zombie
    Cyber Dragon
    Treeborn Frog
    Royal Decree
    United We Stand

For Legitamacy purpose
    Link of where most info came from

I'm speechless with this format... *Scream out loud in joy*

2. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

I like it. Herald remains high tier and can totally wreck~

In other news I just found two common Dark Holes. Awright.

3. Flygon3X

Flygon3X The sunset skies...

Heavy Storm in the banned is an interesting choice. But a format when there's Monster Reborn AND Dark Hole? Sounds like a new generation to me.

4. BRD back at three allows DebrisHime to wreck most likely.

I'll deal. A two for two even tradeoff, Heavy for Dark Hole and Brain for Reborn.

GBs are probably even better than before, no Heavy allows for great backrow setups, I just might build GBs. There were good in the previous format, but with Reborn back they just got better.

Also, I'm updating the big list.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. Sweep Freak

Sweep Freak 10char

Judgement Dragon. Definitly going to limit 1. DX

6. ~Sirnight~

except

it isn't

7. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

- lol they killed both Toad & Cat
    - yay for 3 UWS & 3 CyDra
    - Dark Hole finally returnssssss

8. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

Yay! :D

I have a Schwarzes Loch :3

9. Sweep Freak

Sweep Freak 10char

Sweet. They haven't banned Judgement Dragon. XD

Opinions:

Banned:
    Rescue Cat: Yes Finally!!! I'm tired of getting Airbellum'd constantly.
    Heavy Storm: Iffy about it, but it was probably worth it.
    Brain Control: I don't know if that's good. But probably worth it
    Substitoad: I hate Frognarchs. He's insane in them. Bye Substitoad.

Overall: I wish they would ban Solidarity and Treeborn Frog too.

Limited:

Black Whirlwind: Good. Hate Blackwings who run this.
    Royal Oppression: Don't like this. I never use it really, but stopping special summons for BOTH players should be Semi Limited.
    Infernity Launcher: Doesn't matter to me.
    Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: Worth it. Trishula can be pretty broken.
    Monster Reborn: Sweeet. Likin' this, Monster reborn isn't even amazing to be banned. But limited? It'll work.
    Dark Hole: Woohoo! Glad it's back.

Opinion: I have no clue why they let Dark hole in but got rid of Heavy Storm. Looks good.

Semi:
    MST: Epicness. Banning Heavy storm struck me hard, but for another MST is good.
    Chaos Sorcerer: Good. Again. To easy of a summon, and to good of an ability.
    Snipe Hunter: NO NO NO! This card neeeeeds to be limited. To good an effect.
    Ojama Trio: Good idea here, I knew it would happen.
    Magic Cylinder: NO! WHY? Limited Only please

Opinions: It's ok, but Snipe Hunter and Magic Cylinder should never anything but Limited.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon: Good. It should be this way. It's not that great, and Jurrac Meteor does the same.
    Goblin Zombie: Another good one. Again, better this way.
    Cyber Dragon: YES YES YES! I love Cyber Dragons. They should just keep Overload Fusion limited.
    Treeborn Frog: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TO MUCH MONARCH ABUSE. DX And sinister serpant just returns to your hand, while Frog is Special Summoned. Why!?
    Royal Decree: YES YES YES! A nice card whose cost was to much to be limited.
    United We Stand: No. It shouldn't happen. Too Much power to beatdown decks.

Opinion: No not Treeborn Frog! DX It's good, just no Treeborn frog, Please fix it you guys! DX

Overall: Looks good, but I kinda disagree with United We Stand and Treeborn frog.

10. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

My opinions on your opinions. In bold.

Overall: Sweep Freak, you have no idea...

11. ~Sirnight~

You complain about Chain Burn but then go on to say Decree is bad at 3.

Chain Burn won't be a problem, with said Decree, and decks are still fast. It's not like Heavy was ever a big deal in the first place, because well, you would chain to it. If anything MST and Dust being more rampant hinders it, as it makes the player choose whether or not to chain. It isn't an obvious all-or-nothing situation that Heavy gave.

12. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

I like this list alot actually. Infernities needed to be hit like that, and Rescue Cat being banned will help slow down Sabers (barely though). Hitting Frogs was an excellent move, as well as the unlimiting of Cyber Dragon.

I just cannot wait to start using this list, it's gonna be a fun format.

13. pokemonmaster3.0

pokemonmaster3.0 Stop laughing...

I think this is one of the more interesting updates to the list. I'm not too sure, but hasn't Monster Reborn been banned for years? I still think it's a bit too powerful, but fun to finally run. Heavy Storm makes sense, being a double-Harpies Feather Duster. 3 Treeborn Frog is just crazy, and I bet it will change again next March. Cyber Dragon and United We Stand are probably still too powerful to be played by 3s, and Cyber End can now be played! I still don't understan Brain Control that much, though.

14. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

I complained about Chain Burn? I did go on to say that we had a lot of burn hate...

Royal Decree comes into that catagory :D haha