• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The apparent Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Restricted List for Sept 2010 (Spoiler Alert!)

plxtreme

Love is in the Amour
Before I begin, if this list is proven fake in any way, I deeply apologize and please delete this thread.

Anyways...

Banned:

Rescue Cat
Heavy Storm
Brain Control
Substitoad

Limited:

Black Whirlwind
Royal Oppression
Infernity Launcher
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole

Semi:
MST
Chaos Sorcerer

Snipe Hunter
Ojama Trio
Magic Cylinder

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon
Goblin Zombie
Cyber Dragon
Treeborn Frog
Royal Decree
United We Stand

For Legitamacy purpose
Link of where most info came from

I'm speechless with this format... *Scream out loud in joy*

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Heavy Storm in the banned is an interesting choice. But a format when there's Monster Reborn AND Dark Hole? Sounds like a new generation to me.

BRD back at three allows DebrisHime to wreck most likely.

I'll deal. A two for two even tradeoff, Heavy for Dark Hole and Brain for Reborn.

GBs are probably even better than before, no Heavy allows for great backrow setups, I just might build GBs. There were good in the previous format, but with Reborn back they just got better.

Also, I'm updating the big list.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
- lol they killed both Toad & Cat
- yay for 3 UWS & 3 CyDra
- Dark Hole finally returnssssss

Sweet. They haven't banned Judgement Dragon. XD

Opinions:

Banned:
Rescue Cat: Yes Finally!!! I'm tired of getting Airbellum'd constantly.
Heavy Storm: Iffy about it, but it was probably worth it.
Brain Control: I don't know if that's good. But probably worth it
Substitoad: I hate Frognarchs. He's insane in them. Bye Substitoad.

Overall: I wish they would ban Solidarity and Treeborn Frog too.

Limited:

Black Whirlwind: Good. Hate Blackwings who run this.
Royal Oppression: Don't like this. I never use it really, but stopping special summons for BOTH players should be Semi Limited.
Infernity Launcher: Doesn't matter to me.
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: Worth it. Trishula can be pretty broken.
Monster Reborn: Sweeet. Likin' this, Monster reborn isn't even amazing to be banned. But limited? It'll work.
Dark Hole: Woohoo! Glad it's back.

Opinion: I have no clue why they let Dark hole in but got rid of Heavy Storm. Looks good.

Semi:
MST: Epicness. Banning Heavy storm struck me hard, but for another MST is good.
Chaos Sorcerer: Good. Again. To easy of a summon, and to good of an ability.
Snipe Hunter: NO NO NO! This card neeeeeds to be limited. To good an effect.
Ojama Trio: Good idea here, I knew it would happen.
Magic Cylinder: NO! WHY? Limited Only please

Opinions: It's ok, but Snipe Hunter and Magic Cylinder should never anything but Limited.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon: Good. It should be this way. It's not that great, and Jurrac Meteor does the same.
Goblin Zombie: Another good one. Again, better this way.
Cyber Dragon: YES YES YES! I love Cyber Dragons. They should just keep Overload Fusion limited.
Treeborn Frog: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TO MUCH MONARCH ABUSE. DX And sinister serpant just returns to your hand, while Frog is Special Summoned. Why!?
Royal Decree: YES YES YES! A nice card whose cost was to much to be limited.
United We Stand: No. It shouldn't happen. Too Much power to beatdown decks.

Opinion: No not Treeborn Frog! DX It's good, just no Treeborn frog, Please fix it you guys! DX

Overall: Looks good, but I kinda disagree with United We Stand and Treeborn frog.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Sweet. They haven't banned Judgement Dragon. XD Lightsworn haven't been doing anything competitively for a while, so this doesn't surprise me, although I still think it should go to one.

Opinions:

Banned:
Rescue Cat: Yes Finally!!! I'm tired of getting Airbellum'd constantly. I was more annoyed about the insane advantage outside of the obvious Synchroing options, e.g. Darksoul.
Heavy Storm: Iffy about it, but it was probably worth it. Trading Heavy for Dark Hole is an interesting choice. But it should work out (although I can see this blowing up in their face.)
Brain Control: I don't know if that's good. But probably worth it Smart ban IMO.
Substitoad: I hate Frognarchs. He's insane in them. Bye Substitoad. Goodbye OTK/FTK enabler :D

Overall: I wish they would ban Solidarity and Treeborn Frog too. If you're getting pwned by Solidarity, you are definitely doing something wrong.

Limited:

Black Whirlwind: Good. Hate Blackwings who run this. Bad card design on Konami's part. This limiting had to happen, although being able to summon Sirocco and then being able to search for any other BW in your deck is just stupid.
Royal Oppression: Don't like this. I never use it really, but stopping special summons for BOTH players should be Semi Limited. I like this limit, it means Oppression will become a good tech card :D
Infernity Launcher: Doesn't matter to me. Needed to happen, the loop was stupid.
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: Worth it. Trishula can be pretty broken. All Synchro Monsters are overpowered due to their generic Summoning conditions, but this card really did take the piss.
Monster Reborn: Sweeet. Likin' this, Monster reborn isn't even amazing to be banned. But limited? It'll work. Broken card is still broken, but I rather this instead of Brain Control simply because it doesn't interfere with on-field advantage.
Dark Hole: Woohoo! Glad it's back. Broke card is broke, but should fill the same role Heavy Storm played (Note the emphasis on SHOULD).

Opinion: I have no clue why they let Dark hole in but got rid of Heavy Storm. Looks good. Dark Hole + Heavy Storm = Weapons of Mass Destruction. That level of skillless, generic mass destruction is stupid bad for the game. Having one of them limited is good because it teaches players not to over-extend and play more conservatively. Having both of them unbanned promotes a sense of fear in the game that you can't do anything.

Sweep Freak...oh my goooooood T_T

Semi:
MST: Epicness. Banning Heavy storm struck me hard, but for another MST is good. Not sure about this. The lack of Heavy makes this seem like a good semi-limit, but it is still chainable and may cause problems.
Chaos Sorcerer: Good. Again. To easy of a summon, and to good of an ability. T_T Sweep Freak. Anyway this card didn't need to go to one IMO, too easily ran over. I think it is fine at two.
Snipe Hunter: NO NO NO! This card neeeeeds to be limited. To good an effect. Watch no one use it, AGAIN.
Ojama Trio: Good idea here, I knew it would happen. The return of Chain Burn...
Magic Cylinder: NO! WHY? Limited Only please ...is here.

Opinions: It's ok, but Snipe Hunter and Magic Cylinder should never anything but Limited. Snipe Hunter is not used, I still don't think people will use it and Magic Cylinder is only used in Burn decks, and we have sooooo much burn hate.

Unlimited:

Black Rose Dragon: Good. It should be this way. It's not that great, and Jurrac Meteor does the same. Jurrac Meteor isn't splashable and the field nuking effect is broken and easy to get off. I don't like this un-limiting personally.
Goblin Zombie: Another good one. Again, better this way. Unless PSZ becomes semi'ed or un-limited in the future, this won't help Zombies much.
Cyber Dragon: YES YES YES! I love Cyber Dragons. They should just keep Overload Fusion limited. Cyber Dragon decks are back and with the reprint of Fortress Dragon coming, this means extra Machine hate that can be main-decked due to it's versatility. I've been hearing people complain about how Machina decks didn't get hit, but this maybe all they needed done to them.
Treeborn Frog: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TO MUCH MONARCH ABUSE. DX And sinister serpant just returns to your hand, while Frog is Special Summoned. Why!? I wouldn't use more than two copies of it in a Monarch deck, all this does is help Frog decks that use D.3.S Frog, and who in their right mind uses D.3.S. Frog?! :p
Royal Decree: YES YES YES! A nice card whose cost was to much to be limited. D: I don't like this at all...shutting off Traps is stupid good if you deck doesn't use any, and can potentially cripple your opponent.
United We Stand: No. It shouldn't happen. Too Much power to beatdown decks. Only helps 6Sam and Power Tool decks, and with the support 6Sam are supposed to be getting in Storm on Ragnarok, this may lead to a comeback, maybe...

Opinion: No not Treeborn Frog! DX It's good, just no Treeborn frog, Please fix it you guys! DX Not that bothered TBH.

Overall: Looks good, but I kinda disagree with United We Stand and Treeborn frog. That should be the least of your worries.

My opinions on your opinions. In bold.

Overall: Sweep Freak, you have no idea...

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
You complain about Chain Burn but then go on to say Decree is bad at 3.

Chain Burn won't be a problem, with said Decree, and decks are still fast. It's not like Heavy was ever a big deal in the first place, because well, you would chain to it. If anything MST and Dust being more rampant hinders it, as it makes the player choose whether or not to chain. It isn't an obvious all-or-nothing situation that Heavy gave.

Mikau

Better then you
I like this list alot actually. Infernities needed to be hit like that, and Rescue Cat being banned will help slow down Sabers (barely though). Hitting Frogs was an excellent move, as well as the unlimiting of Cyber Dragon.

I just cannot wait to start using this list, it's gonna be a fun format.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I think this is one of the more interesting updates to the list. I'm not too sure, but hasn't Monster Reborn been banned for years? I still think it's a bit too powerful, but fun to finally run. Heavy Storm makes sense, being a double-Harpies Feather Duster. 3 Treeborn Frog is just crazy, and I bet it will change again next March. Cyber Dragon and United We Stand are probably still too powerful to be played by 3s, and Cyber End can now be played! I still don't understan Brain Control that much, though.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
You complain about Chain Burn but then go on to say Decree is bad at 3.

Chain Burn won't be a problem, with said Decree, and decks are still fast. It's not like Heavy was ever a big deal in the first place, because well, you would chain to it. If anything MST and Dust being more rampant hinders it, as it makes the player choose whether or not to chain. It isn't an obvious all-or-nothing situation that Heavy gave.

I complained about Chain Burn? I did go on to say that we had a lot of burn hate...

Royal Decree comes into that catagory :D haha