• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Arceus Delusion

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Ok, first of all, this comic is not supposed to be a magical work of art. I'm no artist at all. It's just supposed to be stupid little jokes and stuff. Before everyone screams "NO BACKGROUND IT OFFICIALLY SUCKS", keep in mind I am not going for a well drawn comic. So please comment on the actual content rather than this, for example, comment on the jokes (if you think they are funny or not) or stuff you want to see next.

Second of all, this comic is occasionally going to push the boundaries a bit. If you are offended easily, I do not suggest you read this comic.

Here's one to start you off:

Arceuscomic.png

These are just my thoughts about what a religious debate would be like in the Pokemon world ;)

Not all of them are going to be about religion, I just liked the sound of the name "The Arceus Delusion".

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
It's quite nice actually. It's original and funny too. Although, it's quite small can you enlarge it a little?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That first comic was pretty funny, actually. I didn't get it at first since it's pretty late here and I'm tired, but having Arceus show up during the debate over religion like that was pure gold haha. I'm definitely going to stick with this comic of yours, and I'm looking forward to some of the other jokes that you'll try to incorporate in your comic. You say that your comic will occasionally push boundaries; I say, have at it :]

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Wow, people have already read and liked the comic? Awesome! Since I wasn't expecting to get such early responses, I'll post another one that I wasn't going to release until later.

After this one, I will try to find a larger font so it's easier to read.

Aloecomic.jpg

Just so you know, this wasn't intended to be racist. I thought the whole jynx controversy was a bit silly; I personally just saw Jynx as a trashy woman, not a racial stereotype like people were suggesting. Someone made a comment on these forums that the new characters with darker skin might be turned purple, which made me chuckle. I'm actually really glad that they have some different races being represented in pokemon, because, y'know, people are people.

Lorde

I think I like this second one a bit more than I like the first one, since the issue over skin color in Pokemon is something I have read about in other parts of the forum. Basically, I've also heard people say that they may change the skin color of some of the newer (darker) Unova characters to purple for the American release of the new games. I think it's ridiculous myself, but this comic pokes fun at it in a very comical way; that purple Aloe sprite just made my morning. My only complaint is the font size, but it looks like you'll be changing that later, so yay. Anyway, good job :]

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
You know that whole racist thing was not that big of a problem and people were just overreacting to it. That purple-skinned aloe was hilarious though XD I just hope they won't take it into consideration :)

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
You know that whole racist thing was not that big of a problem and people were just overreacting to it. That purple-skinned aloe was hilarious though XD I just hope they won't take it into consideration :)

I know, that's why I'm poking fun at it. ;)

Cofagriguscomic.png

If you can't figure out what's happening here, Cofagrigus turned the two guys into Yamask for paying him out. After hearing people laugh about Cofagrigus's name, this sprung to mind instantly.

Also, what do people think of the new font? I personally think it looks ugly, but if it's easier to read, I suppose that makes up for it.

Last edited:

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
Well, It's easier to read it this time but you could've just enlarged the first font you used. Personally, when I first saw Cofagrigus when B/W was still in development it was the one I really wanted the most. Nintendo nowadays have a problem with naming their pokemon... I mean come on Braviary that sounds a little weird.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Well, It's easier to read it this time but you could've just enlarged the first font you used.

This is, in fact, what I did.

Personally, when I first saw Cofagrigus when B/W was still in development it was the one I really wanted the most. Nintendo nowadays have a problem with naming their pokemon... I mean come on Braviary that sounds a little weird.

Brave + Aviary. What's so weird about that?

It's no less weird than something like Zapdos or Houndoom.

Last edited:

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
Well, if you put it that way then it's not so weird. Zapdos = Zap (it's an electric type) + Dos (signifying it's the second of the legendary birds. Hound (it's a dog) + Doom (it's a dark type pokemon). Okay, most but not all are weird but I don't get the psychic trios' names yet. By the way, if you enlarged it how come it looks totally different from when it was small most fonts don't do that maybe you should keep it in a smaller but readable size.

Last edited:

Lorde

Haha, I think you're on a roll! I laughed at that comment about how Cofagrigus's Shiny form is pink; I hadn't noticed that before, but it fits in with the comic quite nicely. Personally, I dislike the name Cofagrigus, but not because I have an issue with what your comic pointed out; I just don't like the name is all. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but was there a reason that Cofagrigus turned the two guys into Yamask? Just curious. Anyway, the new font seems decent enough. I did like the old font, but it was a bit difficult to read.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Haha, I think you're on a roll! I laughed at that comment about how Cofagrigus's Shiny form is pink; I hadn't noticed that before, but it fits in with the comic quite nicely. Personally, I dislike the name Cofagrigus, but not because I have an issue with what your comic pointed out; I just don't like the name is all. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but was there a reason that Cofagrigus turned the two guys into Yamask? Just curious. Anyway, the new font seems decent enough. I did like the old font, but it was a bit difficult to read.

He turned them into Yamask because they were laughing at him. Personally I wouldn't go around laughing at a possessed coffin. :p

New comicccc.

Fishcomic.png

Yeah, this one was a bit silly and random, but oh well, I thought it was cute. Bonus points if you get the reference in the last panel.

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
For a second there, I thought you were gonna pull a "forever alone" joke...

It's good, but not as much as the others.

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
Now that one was cute and funny. Why do you think they mad the flatfish pokemon so ummm.... ugly? It has good typing though. I wonder what kind of child it'll have with luvdisc :D

Laevateinn

Ghost-Type Trainer
I know, that's why I'm poking fun at it. ;)

Cofagriguscomic.png

If you can't figure out what's happening here, Cofagrigus turned the two guys into Yamask for paying him out. After hearing people laugh about Cofagrigus's name, this sprung to mind instantly.

Also, what do people think of the new font? I personally think it looks ugly, but if it's easier to read, I suppose that makes up for it.

YES! Thank you for adressing this issue so much! I felt really sorry for Desukan (I refuse to call it by its new name, it just doesn't work for me... :() and this comic helped me feel a little better. The Luvdisc/Maggyo comic is also very sweet and I was wondering if Luvdisc would ever get the respect that I think it needs. Thanks for putting a whole new edge on two very unerrated pokemon.

I've been watching this comic for a while and I'm thinking about joining the fray myself. Keep up the good work! ;)

Lorde

Yeah, this one was a bit silly and random, but oh well, I thought it was cute. Bonus points if you get the reference in the last panel.

Aww, I thought that one was really sweet. Luvdisc and Maggyo rarely get any love in the Pokemon franchise, so it was nice of you to bundle both of those Pokemon up in your newest comic. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I get the reference in the last panel. I think I've heard the last line somewhere, but I can't be 100% sure (Robot Unicorn Attack, maybe?) *Is hoping for bonus points*

Alliance

Re-Arrival
I think I've seen those lines before......... Might have been just some AMV someone slopped in their sig elsewhere...... But I know I saw those lines.
Poor Desukan!
*phone* NINTENDO, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! People are throwing eggs at the front door. I think we need to rename Cofagrigus!

I never knew that was it's english name.... again, Poor DESUKAN!

The last comic is sweet. I've actually never seen a Luvdisc with a prominent role in an episode, and I don't think the other one has yet either. So putting both together makes it just sweet.... :D