• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Art Of Pokémon! (199)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Art Of Pokémon! (199)

The Art Of Pokémon!

When Ash & Co. get to White Town, they discover that the town is being vandalised by a man's Smeargles. It turns out they are anxious to create art. Can Ash & Co. help them with this without damaging the town?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss..

O

Ororo Munroe

This episode was good. I didn't really care about Smeargle but I saw this episode and it made them seem interesting.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was kind of boring, especially since we'd already had a painter episode earlier in the season that was equally boring ("The Light Fantastic"). What was good, though, was that Team Rocket actually went almost the whole episode without something bad happening to them, even after they kidnapped the smeargles, until Wobbuffet accidentally knocked the paintings away. :)

This episode also has one of my all-time favorite lines, when James says that his parents have a sculpture by "the Japanese monster Rodin". ROTFLOL :D

V

vulpix

i didn't really like this episode very much it was kinda boring.

whit19

Fire boy
The only thing I liked about this episode was the music they played when the Smeargle's painting was washed away and the man said they wouldn't pain tit again cuz it wouldn't be the same. (I think that music was also in the 2nd pokemon movie when Ash's mom was talkin to him at the end of the movie.)

Aptenodytes

boring but at least smeargle has an episode to himself. it wouldve been better if smeargle accually used sketch on something

Torchic23

gee that's swell
I never knew this ep. existed 0.0 Anyways, looks good but I don't really want to look at any pics or read anything right now

Battra

A nice filler episode. I love the part where James says his parents have a sculpture from Rodan the Japanese giant monster, he obliviously meant Auguste Rodin a French painter and sculpture, but remember kids one is a giant Pterosaur the other is French but they both have to power o destroy cities.

Joshehh

It was all a bit.. bleh

They just walked away from TR, the people all just turned happy and agreed with everything Jack said, and the Smeargle didn't even showcase sketch. However, it was nice to at least see the Smeargle, and there were some golden lines in the dub.

Dattebayo

Banned
At least this episode made a reference to one of my favorite Toho monsters, Rodan. It's kind of weird that none of the Smeargles have green paint on the tip their tails like they showed in the game design.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
hm, because some old man wanted to create art he decided to ruin the town, it doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think this was a waste of an episode, what exactly does Smeargle do except make a mess with a load of paint.

Hey! Its that Martet lady from Goldenrod City! lol
This episode reminds me of a advert. And I dont like Smeargle, thay use sketch which that move will change a copy of other pokemon attack! Ones thay use that move, no sketch anymore!

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked this episode. I think Smeargle are really cool pokemon. I thought it was funny when James said that the man could be poor and need the million dollars. Jack Pollockson is most likely named after the artist Jackson Pollock. Also, did anyone else notice that when Jessie was holding the art book, the glove on her right hand seems to disappear.

Very boring episode I really like when Brock resembled one of the painting when he first saw Officer Jenny. Silly Brock.
I rate this 4.5/10