• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Art Of Pokémon! (199)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If Smeargle hadn't appeared and made this it's debut, this would've been the biggest filler ever. I mean, nothing really happened to progress the story much at all. It was very boring and Smeargle wasn't as entertaining as I'd hoped. I thought that it's appearance would make for some laughs but it wasn't the case in this episode. 2/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Nice episode.
It was cool to see a Smeargle because they were not showed so much in the anime.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Smeargle for the 1st time. Smeargle's painting in town near the end was really cool to see. Too bad they never got to show off their Sketch move in battle...

20/100

Falstaff

I thought it was a surprisingly sophisticated and moving episode...kind of brave of them, actually. I'm not surprised most people didn't get it.

7threst

Well, I think they wanted to make this episode a bit more philosophical and deeper than the average episode. It was evident by the scenes when the artist showed his art to Ash and the others. What is even more funny is that back in the day, I hated this episode, whereas now, I like it a lot more.

Blessed

A boring episode, I don't care about Smeargle. Add to that I'm not an artist so this episode really didn't interest me. Whitestone City looked pretty, but that's about it.

I didn't really like this episode. But, I wish Ash would give Team Rocket a break sometimes. And what Wobbuffet did at the end of the episode was so stupid. I would have threw it out the basket.

NPT

Just a member
Apart from Smergal's appearance, this episode was just a boring filler. There's nothing in episode that caught my attention.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the town looked here since it almost seemed like it was made of marble. Jack's Smeargle doing graffiti everywhere was a huge problem for the town, but I liked how each Smeargle had a different tail colour.

Gillachu

Banned
Man Smeargle is such a boring gimmick mon, so this episode served no real purpose except showing us Smeargle's so called "art."

I'm not an art fan, but the Smeargle painting on the walls of the city here was my favorite scene. The episode made me like Smeargle. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much as I respected Keith Basquiat's artistic viewpoint regarding the graffiti of his three Doble, I agreed with the townspeople of White Town about it being vandalism. So for the first time ever, it was hard for me to side with a one-off character. What I liked was when a Doble used its paint to leave a trail, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The only thing I liked about this episode was the music they played when the Smeargle's painting was washed away and the man said they wouldn't paint it again since it wouldn't be the same.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode for the debut of Smeargle. All I can really say that it's good to see Jack Pollockson inspired again to create art with his Smeargle again.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't like how the man's three Smeargle each had their own paint color since it went against the uniform green color in their official artwork.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't like how the man's three Smeargle each had their own paint color since it went against the uniform green color in their official artwork.

The difference in paint color among the three Doble was simply a clever way for the production staff to differentiate between all three, to help avoid confusing the viewers most likely.