• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere

Skarm™

Light It Up
Thanks for accepting~
@Skarm- I'm no expert on banners but I really think those frag banners have a nice 3D effect; I also like how the banner color schemes matches the Pokémon.

Anyways, I'll show my recent sprites:
7b8KNei.png
vIdfenw.png
V2qe6fi.png

And from the previous contests:
q1OLENE.png
SXIXxA2.png
y9laEnC.png
bcx0viL.png

I'll post some of my drawings later.

Thanks for the compliment, but it's really Avenger Angel you should be thanking. I watched his tutorial, and that's how I learned how to make them :]

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I (tried) to do something new yesterday, and I liked how it went. I mean, it's less bland than most of my arts, plus, now that I know how to mess with curves and gradients, it got it a bit better than the old ones:
lBR2bPK.png

I should have used normal Scizor, but I am so in love with Mega-Scizor, I decided to use him xD

You can make cuts in a banner with GIMP and you don't need a path tool, GIMP has the equivalent to a Polygon Selection tool (I believe it's called the same thing there too) which you can use, the path tool would be the clunkier way to do it anyway IMO.

I'll check it.
I noticed Angel and Skarm did it with the path tools. I could have sworn it was something reeeeeally special provided by PS xD
I guess it's just easier to do there.

I will try to do that stuff he did with the user bar soon too!

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
Thanks for the welcome! A couple banners for another site I'm on. Just to clarify, my username on all other Pokémon Websites is Obliveon with an e. ^^

http://i39.*******.com/2h7mma1.png
http://i41.*******.com/rhrf35.

Last edited:

Dwlr

Banned
I'll check it.
I noticed Angel and Skarm did it with the path tools. I could have sworn it was something reeeeeally special provided by PS xD
I guess it's just easier to do there.

I will try to do that stuff he did with the user bar soon too!

I have both installed and it's the same amount of clicks, I checked it personally on GIMP just to be sure, in GIMP you can even edit the nodes after you create your shape PS doesn't give that option or atleast the version I use doesn't.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I have both installed and it's the same amount of clicks, I checked it personally on GIMP just to be sure, in GIMP you can even edit the nodes after you create your shape PS doesn't give that option or atleast the version I use doesn't.

Ah. It's the lasso tool... Why haven't I checked it before? It can do those effects. I thought it had other purposes, but that's because I used it wrong, haha!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Ah. It's the lasso tool... Why haven't I checked it before? It can do those effects. I thought it had other purposes, but that's because I used it wrong, haha!

the lasso tool is a nice tool to use its even on photoshop i use to use that for certian things in the past :)

also guys i would like to formally announce im sorry that i don't post as much like i use to do and it seems someone repped me cuaz there annoyed with me posting it and i just wanted to let the person know that repped me im a very busy person i can't post all the time like i want too which i don't own my art shop anymore do to i have gotten much busier with my life which is more important then serebii posting. I still would like to be part of this club just you will not see me post as much as i should but i plan to do art again but right now its a rocky road for me and its very offensive i got that rep but i will work over it cuaz i am mature enough to move on from it. so please no posts after this about what i just said i just needed to get it out of my system for the person that repped me bad over it and i apologize for everyone that had to read this which i formally know its ranting but I needed to get it out of my system please this isn't anything like a cry of attention its just I would like to know the person that repped me know about me a little bit more.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I (tried) to do something new yesterday, and I liked how it went. I mean, it's less bland than most of my arts, plus, now that I know how to mess with curves and gradients, it got it a bit better than the old ones:
lBR2bPK.png

I should have used normal Scizor, but I am so in love with Mega-Scizor, I decided to use him xD
I guess ill try to critique here and there for a post :)

I find this banner interesting btw its very nice looking but the only problems i have with it is that the top and bottom of the shape is cut off be careful with the crop tool sometimes you may have to leave a bit of the transparent back round a bit longer do to not cutting off your image...its not bad i find it pretty interesting btw my friend :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Well I can only do so much with an iPod app.

oh you make your art on ipod wow :eek: never new that my friend i see you must be limited then :/ i do agree they are a bit dull but still not bad banner bars though just one question what is your program is for ipod app never had a ipod so i have no clue...

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
oh you make your art on ipod wow :eek: never new that my friend i see you must be limited then :/ i do agree they are a bit dull but still not bad banner bars though just one question what is your program is for ipod app never had a ipod so i have no clue...

It's called ArtStudio. It's kind of like a really really dumbed down version of Photoshop. It has layers, but limited Font Styles and limited Pattern Brushes, so I do what I can. The lower one was just a hand drawn one for my sig. It wasn't really important, so I didn't make it all fancy [or try to anyway]. The second one I actually semi tried on, but since I'm working with an iPod, I only have so much canvas space. And also, the maximum canvas size takes up too much space to allow layers so I have to size things down.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
It bugs me that neg rep, Lady Fairy Witch. But... Good you moved on!

Be careful, some of the corners are cut off.
Enlarge the canvas size.

I guess ill try to critique here and there for a post :)

I find this banner interesting btw its very nice looking but the only problems i have with it is that the top and bottom of the shape is cut off be careful with the crop tool sometimes you may have to leave a bit of the transparent back round a bit longer do to not cutting off your image...its not bad i find it pretty interesting btw my friend :)

I sincerely haven't noticed! Maybe because the background here is black and the transparency doesn't help either.
I should start to work with larger sizes when starting to create one, specially since it's supposed to pop out or stuff like that.
But aye... Thanks!

Last edited:

Dwlr

Banned
I sincerely haven't noticed! I should start to work with larger sizes when starting to create one, specially since it's supposed to pop out or stuff like that.
Aye... Thanks!

Depending on how you built it you may be able to simply increase your canvas size on the original file and 'fix' it. In the future if you're not sure about a pop-out being cut off create a larger canvas size than the image before you save the image you're working on as a png, copy all the content and paste it into the larger canvas and check each corner. It might save you from creating a canvas larger than what you really need while you're working on the image. In this particular case it looks to just be the shadow and not the actual image so an increase in the canvas size if you have the psd/gimp file you can fix it now if you want.

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Well I can only do so much with an iPod app.
I don't have an iPod (or an iPhone, or an iPad, or some other Apple product), so I can't say much, but that's gotta be a lot of tapping.
I sincerely haven't noticed! Maybe because the background here is black and the transparency doesn't help either.
I should start to work with larger sizes when starting to create one, specially since it's supposed to pop out or stuff like that.
But aye... Thanks!
I use the water theme (I used to use ice, even), so these things are kind of easy to see.
Also, on the left corner, the shadow is cut off, but there's a speck of black right next to it. I think you moved the image and shadow before putting that on, however that will cut some stuff off (unless my memory is failing).

MidnightCombat

Bird of Destruction
I might as well show my drawing I made:
x4fEWny.jpg

And a sprite I made:
apC3yut.png

(Ever since I entered and won that Kyurem DNA contest, I have been using this style a fair bit; I'm even working on a Rayquaza one)

As for canvas size, I mostly have this issue too; I tend to draw big and I also work on a small canvas and often I get too lazy in resizing it. Sometimes going off the edges can make your piece work.

Attachments

• x4fEWny.jpg
    x4fEWny.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 58

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I might as well show my drawing I made:
x4fEWny.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing! Or at least the shading is in my opinion. But uh, why does the Arcanine only have half a head?

Dwlr

Banned
Wow, that looks amazing! Or at least the shading is in my opinion. But uh, why does the Arcanine only have half a head?

The way it's head is turned would hide most of the other half. The head's prolly a little on the thin side since none of the other half is shown at all, but the 'lack' of the other half is from the positioning.

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
I don't have an iPod (or an iPhone, or an iPad, or some other Apple product), so I can't say much, but that's gotta be a lot of tapping.

I use the water theme (I used to use ice, even), so these things are kind of easy to see.
Also, on the left corner, the shadow is cut off, but there's a speck of black right next to it. I think you moved the image and shadow before putting that on, however that will cut some stuff off (unless my memory is failing).

Actually it's a lot of dragging and swiping. XD

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Eh, I couldn't fix the first one, but I managed to deal with the scratch, hallelujah. I came up with this for a friend:
uFkthg0.png

It isn't much bad, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.