• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Dwlr

I knew it was at a sideways angle, it's just that it instead of its head looking like it's sideways, it looks more like it's cut in half. To me, at least.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Eh, I couldn't fix the first one, but I managed to deal with the scratch, hallelujah. I came up with this for a friend:
uFkthg0.png

It isn't much bad, eh?

this one does look better it doesn't show much cut off anymore i certainly think you made a new type of banner art my friend i really like it :)

AnakBaé

Ohey I'm quite familiar with that setup. . :x
Try to add some details such as gradient, brushes, flows, etc. It looks too plain compared to the one in your sig.
Good start and good details on Solrock, but try to draw the Porygon as accurate as possible, considering that it's a very simple poke to draw.

Eh, I couldn't fix the first one, but I managed to deal with the scratch, hallelujah. I came up with this for a friend:
uFkthg0.png

It isn't much bad, eh?
You used too much splash brushes on this one, which makes the banner seems crowded. Keep it on the minimum, just like this one: http://i.imgur.com/lBR2bPK.png
Also, Dnite's shadow seems too thick; as you can see from the thickness of the antennae's shadow and the actual antennae.
Other than that, I like the background and the color complements quite well.

Last edited:

Dwlr

Banned
Also, Dnite's shadow seems too thick; as you can see from the thickness of the antennae's shadow and the actual antennae.
Other than that, I like the background and the color complements quite well.

Just adding to Anak, if it's supposed to be a shadow it's on the wrong place given the shadow location on the render. Given the hard lines set and it's position I just assumed it was sort of 'decoration' on the background like a silhouette cut out or something and not really a 'shadow'.

AnakBaé

Just adding to Anak, if it's supposed to be a shadow it's on the wrong place given the shadow location on the render. Given the hard lines set and it's position I just assumed it was sort of 'decoration' on the background like a silhouette cut out or something and not really a 'shadow'.

Ahh I think you're right, didn't see that until now.
But I see it more like a drop shadow, since it the white outline around the text box doesn't apply to the whole black "shadow", which is why I assumed it was a shadow.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Yes, it wasn't supposed to be a shadow, but I see how it's weird xD
I'm still getting the hang of this stuff.

About the brushes, I get what you mentioned. Will keep at minimu next time! ^^

And thanks guys!

EDIT:

So, I followed Anak's suggestion, and trying to use less splash and give the 'mon an actual shadow, I have made this:

70ZtwUo.png

I think it's better? I liked the outcome. I just should start to use black on everything, Why it have to be so neutral...

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Yes, it wasn't supposed to be a shadow, but I see how it's weird xD
I'm still getting the hang of this stuff.

About the brushes, I get what you mentioned. Will keep at minimu next time! ^^

And thanks guys!

EDIT:

So, I followed Anak's suggestion, and trying to use less splash and give the 'mon an actual shadow, I have made this:

70ZtwUo.png

I think it's better? I liked the outcome. I just should start to use black on everything, Why it have to be so neutral...
Definitely a lot cleaner.
Also, you don't have to replace the 'decoration' with an 'actual shadow' you know, since it was my mistake for confusing those two, but u did a great job! Just keep doing it and gl

Dwlr

Banned

The lighting is prolly off, the natural shadows on Ferrothorn are working against the shadows on the background. Bottom right at about a 120 degree angle is what I'd say the lighting on Ferrothorn is.

MidnightCombat

Bird of Destruction
So, have any of you guys tried/done Printmaking? I'm currently doing first year Printmaking and I find intaglio plates are quite frustrating; more so with the wiping off the plates, dry point and now aquatint (it's a process of applying "stop-out" to each layer and then putting it in the acid bath; rinse and repeat).
@CharredDragon- Pretty much what Dwlr said; though I do agree that it does look like its missing half of its head (the way I positioned its tooth could factor the illusion too).

Sohryu

Be a Man!
To the person which neg repped my last post. I did my best, and I wished you have payed attention to that instead of just giving neg' rep because of such things. I am almost sure it's the same person which neg' repped Fairy and Skarm...
Look, it's not breaking any signature rules since the size is actually fine (533x352). By the way, why you'll be lurking here just to give neg' rep to people which do their best at those? You do knowe those things are not nice yet you do for pleasure. Bah...

The lighting is prolly off, the natural shadows on Ferrothorn are working against the shadows on the background. Bottom right at about a 120 degree angle is what I'd say the lighting on Ferrothorn is.

Hum... I... Don't really know how the shadow actually works, since it's a difficult thing, but I'll learn eventually.

Definitely a lot cleaner.
Also, you don't have to replace the 'decoration' with an 'actual shadow' you know, since it was my mistake for confusing those two, but u did a great job! Just keep doing it and gl

Thanks!
And to be honest, I prefer the shadow, haha! I think it gives a better looking!

Dwlr

Banned
Rep stuff
If it bothers you, you can set it not to display, otherwise just ignore it. Anywho...

Hum... I... Don't really know how the shadow actually works, since it's a difficult thing, but I'll learn eventually.
Usually you want to match the shadows on the render with the shadows on the background basically if the shading is on the lower right of the render than the shading on the background would be in the lower right too.
7xhd.png

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
If it bothers you, you can set it not to display, otherwise just ignore it. Anywho...

Usually you want to match the shadows on the render with the shadows on the background basically if the shading is on the lower right of the render than the shading on the background would be in the lower right too.
7xhd.png

Just adding to this, idk if this is just me or what, but I like to use 1/8 angles, like 0, 45, 90, 135, etc.

Dwlr

Banned
..idk if this is just me... I like to use 1/8 angles...

Sometimes you need to be in-between to get the 'right' angle, I wouldn't lock myself into a 'neat' angle for the sake of it being a 'neat' angle and much rather adjust the angle to the situation regardless of it being 45 degrees or something like 53 degrees.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Just adding to this, idk if this is just me or what, but I like to use 1/8 angles, like 0, 45, 90, 135, etc.

it depends on the situation of the drop shadow i tend to use 135 degree do to it doesn't look so strange for the drop shadow being anything else but fragmentation banners its the best for that angle for drop shadow imo :)

Last edited:

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
Shiny Glaceon! and their friends are coming after me for reporting the art theft. I put them on my ignore list.

To the mods or whoever:
I'm sorry and I know it's not my business but wasn't something meant to be done about this? I'm not doubting you or anything but now it seems to be affecting individuals such as NightKrazy who really don't deserve it. I know its not up to me but it causes tension and a fear for art theft too.

AnakBaé

Shiny Glaceon! and their friends are coming after me for reporting the art theft. I put them on my ignore list.

To the mods or whoever:
I'm sorry and I know it's not my business but wasn't something meant to be done about this? I'm not doubting you or anything but now it seems to be affecting individuals such as NightKrazy who really don't deserve it. I know its not up to me but it causes tension and a fear for art theft too.

Does that person being a thief or you being a victim have anything to do with this thread or the whole members of this thread? I don't think so.
Keep personal affairs on PM/VM dude. Contact a Mod. There's nothing majority of us, normal members, can do about that except throwing reps at each other and bombarding one's VM with pointless arguments. GL.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Does that person being a thief or you being a victim have anything to do with this thread or the whole members of this thread? I don't think so.
Keep personal affairs on PM/VM dude. Contact a Mod. There's nothing majority of us, normal members, can do about that except throwing reps at each other and bombarding one's VM with pointless arguments. GL.
This please.

PM myself with an explanation of what happened exactly (as vague VM arguments don't really help me when I don't even know what image was supposedly stolen). If another mod has already taken over, then keep going with them on dealing with it please. But don't yell about it in unrelated threads.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: Corrosion
Nickname: I have none.
What art you enjoy doing: I enjoy spriting (mostly recombinations/fusions) and drawing by hand, but I don't know how to use a scanner and I don't have a tablet, so I have to make-do with a camera. I also like drawing eyes. Lots and lots of eyes.
How you became interested in art: I became interested in spriting after playing Pokemon, and I've always been a doodler.

Last edited:

NightKrazy

Fire Queen

Excuse me for thinking you all might want to know what is happening because, oh yeah, I'm NOT the only one they stole from. I don't know if anyone else on the thread was attacked for reporting them too, but sorry for the forwarning that they might come after you guys too. Next time I'll just let people verbally attack you in VM's and not warn you that it might happen.

Anyway, Userbars ordered in my shop by people on PokeCommunity:
http://i44.*******.com/2hzk9wz.png
http://i41.*******.com/6rkahz.png
http://i41.*******.com/214ti4z.png
http://i44.*******.com/2h3mszn.png
http://i39.*******.com/bdnryo.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.