• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crusader

Username: The Crusader (that's what it is changing to in 2 weeks)
Nickname: Cru
What art you enjoy doing: I've enjoyed everything I have ever attempted
How you became interested in art: Actually, I was inspired by some people on Serebii, such as Mew and Sarah, and Neo Pikachu.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I could improve the banner in my sig.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Well, for the Second one, what if I removed the border?

EDIT: Well, yea, most Images I want to use have crazy BG Colors, or don't extract well at all.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
yeah candlereaper try that remove the border it just looks so weird in that corner XD imo and yeah i know but sometimes images don't like extracting well...sometimes...well most of the time when i get request i split sec and change the images since they don't extract well XD

edit: also jew-begel mew is my mentor on this stuff as well...he was the one that really wanted to start working more on my photoshop ^_^

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
Wow, this club got popular fast! Everyone is accepted, but I'll edit the OP tomorrow. Can someone help me get into tech-art, specifically banners? I'm kind of close off to only pencil drawings, so I'd like to get into something new.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well i can't really help you with tech banners as much since i kinda improvise since my photoshop is old...think you might want to strart normal banners first simple ;)

use either photoshop or gimp but if you don't want to shell out money try using gimp its free ;)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Or. all of the Images of a Character I want to use doesn't extract well at all, then I'm, screwed.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
No, I have no image editing thing. Soooo, since you have to pay for Photoshop, I should get Gimp? Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. What next?

Hi Nick, I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: PikaPika677
Nickname: PikaPika, Pika
What art you enjoy doing: Spriting, simple signatures
How you became interested in art: Took a look at this webpage one day http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx and suddenly had the urge to give it a go. Did pretty well and ran an Art Shop a year ago but closed it down 'cause I didn't have enough time to keep it running well anymore.

Wasn't there already a club like this some time ago...?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hm...well you should learn how to do stuff. Look it up on YT, I recommend things like xat avis, userbars, something easy.

tbh simple banners are a easy way to go XD i started those first but then went stright to animaton banners XD

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
tbh simple banners are a easy way to go XD i started those first but then went stright to animaton banners XD
I:

Xat avi -> userbar -> tech banner

I wish there was a GIF of the Freak out Part in this Video for an ANimated Banner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37mPoKQijj8&feature=related

Well, for 1:07 to 1:11

Go to gifsoup or something and make a gif of that video.

Also:
I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how to animate more than one sprite on a userbar or something.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Username: Izanagi
Nickname: Nagi
What art you enjoy doing: Mostly anime/manga stlyed art but I open to and appreciate all forms of art.
How you became interested in art: I have been in art since my earlier years and my interest has only grown from there.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Hello! I will be joining the crew, okay?

Username: It is Nyarlathotep now, but at the end of the month it will be changed to Reila... So, call me Reila :p
Nickname: Reila? :p
What art you enjoy doing: Avatars, signature banners and manga color pages.
How you became interested in art: When I met deviantART and Bleach Asylum some years ago.

If anyone is interested, here are some of my manga color pages... It is been a while since I did the last one :<

The Crusader

I know how to make tech banners, so I can help you out with that. Also, to anybody who doesn't own photoshop, but wants to get as close to it as possible, download gimpshop.

It's the same gimp tools with the loveable photoshop interface. It's also free, and much easier to use than regular gimp. For anybody interested, I am going to make a Tech Banner tut, and a Gear banner tut.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Well in gimp you can just download brushes to make tech banners idk about photoshop though. Gimp is really easy to use I like how you can change the theme of your gimp and how easy it is just to download brushes onto gimp.

Hey guys since this is a club full of artist on the serebii digital media page there are tutorials on how to make certain art for the many computer programs out there. Though they are out of date I was wondering if anybody would want to start updating with all these cool art designs. To show people how to make this art or start a tutoring program to help out new artist on serebii. Another idea is to make like a resource shop where people ordering art can find good renders and pics that the artist in a shop can use to make great art.

This is all just a suggestion though :)

The Crusader

Updating the tut's is a good idea. There are alot of creative styles on the forums, and I'm sure people would want to learn them.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Sumopaint is the software I use. It's a mini Photoshop and is good for beginner/intermediate banners. Most photoshop tutorials can also be followed in sumopaint, but it still lacks many other things that Photoshop promises. It has its own perks though, so imo it's a good software for beginners to use (because I get lost with Gimp, and I still am.)

Status
Not open for further replies.