• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: TransDonald
Nickname: Donald
What art you enjoy doing: Drawing, doodling, and spriting
How you became interested in art: Ever since I actually drew my first drawing and not putting the paper over a picture and copying it.

Rexxaroo

Looker
I do 15 minute and 30 minute sketches, once the time is up I don't touch it anymore, I like to see how much more I can do each time.

@FrostStorm Awesome badges, yeah they are a little small for my liking too, but I really love the Espeon one.

@Coyote: That is a really good idea, maybe i will have to start trying that. It would be good to do every morning to clear my head for the day :D

@Frost: I agree that they are too small, but they are neat looking. The umbreon is my favorite :)

I've never been much of a banner maker, honestly. I usually design my banners in the basic style: cropped image, border, drop shadow, styled text. Today I made one of my first grunge styled banners, as seen in my signature. I'm pretty new to banner-making, and I'm still messing around with blurs, grunges, and filters. Not sure if I'm doing the grunge effect correctly, all I'm doing is creating black-and-white noise and blending it on top of the background. Any tips or suggestions? Original background image is here if you need a reference to it.

I finished my set of Eeveevolution badges...and yes I know there is no Eevee.
eeveevolutionbadges_by_pokeram1234567-d609c2d.png
These are good! You know, I've always wanted to be able to do badges, but I don't own a tablet and my drawing skills aren't so great, either. I'm more of a sprite and graphics editing artist, y'know? I can probably make a badge out of a Pokémon sprite but it wouldn't have the same "custom-made" feel. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Dreamy

@Coyote: That is a really good idea, maybe i will have to start trying that. It would be good to do every morning to clear my head for the day :D

@Frost: I agree that they are too small, but they are neat looking. The umbreon is my favorite :)

Yeah it's great for getting the creative juices flowing :)

I love the Umbreon badge too

Here is a quick sketch I just did of a chickadee from my deck:
sorry it's so light, I lowered the brightness on my scanner so it would pick up better

001_zpsc7656eb6.jpg

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Seriously those are tiny.....i think that's actually a tad too small, my broswer is at 125% and I can't see sylveon clearly... maybe work larger then if you like them small you can resize them when you;re finished..?

No, that is a badge's normal size. I'm already stretching the limit to 60 x 60, it's supposed to be 50 x 50. I...not making a jumbo badge...yet. 0 - 0

And they start out at about 200 x 200. The line art, I mean. And if you can't see then try switching to another skin...?

@Coyote Yeah the Espeon is probably the best out of the batch...although Vaporeon was probably the most fun to make.

Edit: People they are normal sized and not too small!!! SHEESH
Northern Lights' was smaller! Mine are like 60 x 60, small is 50 x 50.... ):<

And Tini there are some black dots near the end of the GIF...?

Last edited:

Rexxaroo

Looker
@Coyote: Very cool! Neat little bird :) I do have a question, why the corner looks erased out? As does the one on your staghorn i noticed? Is that just blotting out your sig? Just odd to me ^^ not calling you out or anything, yo. :)

@Frost: They do look good, i suppose it was the skin i was using after all :) good work!

@Brightstar: Very awesome banner! I love how you meshed the gif and image together. Looks great! I rather like the black dots on the edge of the gif tbh :)

@Trans: Welcome :) nice to meet ya!

Dreamy

@Coyote: Very cool! Neat little bird :) I do have a question, why the corner looks erased out? As does the one on your staghorn i noticed? Is that just blotting out your sig? Just odd to me ^^ not calling you out or anything, yo. :)

Yeah I just erased my sig in Paint

@Frost: I see what you are saying, I've seen those 50 x 50 ones before

@Brightstar: Nice banner looks good

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Smudge banner with a twist!
And by twist I mean text and C4Ds

dnadder_zpsa84d9657.png

@Frost: I see what you are saying, I've seen those 50 x 50 ones before
Yeah, Northern Lights is quite well known for them...it's where the leagues get the Pokemon badges.
I've made a lot of art...
Regular Banner:
Nuno_zpsc0819d08.png

Frag Banner:
FragBanner_zpsca14c076.png

Split Userbars:
Nuno_zpsa6217d1d.png

DeadlyNightshade_zpsbc1109b7.png

ShadowWarrior40_zpsf7f51b5f.png
Nice for first tries, I think the frag banner could use a border along the frags and a bevel, but not bad, not bad at all. Though isn't that Extroph's style?

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Smudge banner with a twist!
And by twist I mean text and C4Ds

dnadder_zpsa84d9657.png

Yeah, Northern Lights is quite well known for them...it's where the leagues get the Pokemon badges.

Nice for first tries, I think the frag banner could use a border along the frags and a bevel, but not bad, not bad at all. Though isn't that Extroph's style?
I can't figure out how to do outlines on the frags on GIMP, or bevels!
And yeah, that's Extroph's style, but Shadow uses it and he doesn't care

EDIT: Added an outline :O
FragBanner_zps6a0f408b.png

Last edited:

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I can't figure out how to do outlines on the frags on GIMP, or bevels!
And yeah, that's Extroph's style, but Shadow uses it and he doesn't care

I'm just adding to everyone else who's commented but it looks much better with the borders. Jut make sure you remove the black line you've got going around the edge of the whole picture to properly show the gaps and you're good to go.

If you want to outline irregularly-shaped images, it's easy. Duplicate the layer of the item you want to outline. On the lower layer, right click the item in the Layers Toolbox and click "Alpha to Selection". This will select all the visible items in that layer. Go up to Edit > Grow by 1 pixel. This will enlarge the selection. Fill the selection with any color of your choice (in this case, black) by pressing [Control] [Hyphen OR Plus Sign] [Comma] at the same time. This shortcut will use the Foreground color. Pressing [Period] instead of [Comma] will use the Background Color. Alternatively, you can fill the selection by going to Edit > Fill with FG/BG Color. When you've filled the selection, press [Control] [Shift] [A] to deselect everything. You're done! Well, mostly.

If you deselect the Eye Icon on the Layers Toolbox, you'll find that instead of an outline, you've made a solid silhouette and put it behind the image. Most of the time, I don't really care about this because the image I want is on top of the silhouette anyway, but if this bothers you, there's a fix. Go to the upper layer (the non-silhouette) and Alpha to Selection. Now that this is selected, activate the lower layer while the selection is still in effect. Once the lower layer is activated, simply go to Edit > Clear to delete this "unnecessary" space. Now you're free to move this bottom layer anywhere you want and it won't cover up your original image.

Keep in mind that when you're doing an outline, you'll need a few extra pixel spaces around your original image or else the outline will be cut off. I'm good with GIMP, any more questions you need, I'll try to answer.

And nice work on the outline, btw. Not sure if you did it the hard way with the paintbrush. And I still see some unneeded black outline on the non-fragmented areas, so clean that up.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
It's nice to see all of these creative juices flowing today! I finally uploaded all of my sketches from art, so I think I'll showcase all of them to you guys.

ears_by_candlereaper-d601j54.png

Alright, I'm not a big fan of these. I feel like the eraser marks at the tips of the ears kind of ruined them, and the shading isn't all that great. Though, I think it's a good example of how ears can be done

eyes_by_candlereaper-d601jea.png

I love drawing eyes, I feel like they're my forte honestly. Though, I do have problems when it comes to eye lashes and under eye lashes. Also, pairs of eyes are really hard for me to draw.

mouth_by_candlereaper-d601jii.png
These were some of the most irritating things I've had to draw, personally. It took me a couple of hours just to get the noses and lips in the right places for just the female. I said screw it when I did the male mouth, so it's not that good...

lips___boat_by_candlereaper-d601jmh.png

Ahh, the lips. These are really fun to draw, in my personal opinion. They have so many different shading and lighting you can do for them. Also, I drew a boat as well trying to salvage one of my lips.

noses_by_candlereaper-d601jsf.png
Rounding out my drawings with the noses, which I thought were really hard to draw. THe trick with drawing noses is that i's pure shading, no hard lines should really be in the nose, unlike other body parts like the eyes. Though, I really like the bottom one and how it turned out.

So guys, what do you think of my drawings? If anyone else has done stuff like this I really think it would be a wise idea to post them here, I'm sure we would all love to see that. Also, it would be a really good break from Graphical art...

Last edited:

Rexxaroo

Looker
@ Lost: Good work! Those are looking really good. The light direction is in the right direction and it really shows that youve been working hard to make sure they look realistic. Keep doing what you are doing you are definitley on the right track. the mouth with the teeth looks a little, funny i guess, but thats ok i understand what you were trying to convey :) these are great practice and study sketches i like them. Overall, though, you are shading a little too dark. otherwise, i love it. I do alot of shading and traditional art, you should check out some of my black and white graphite stuff. Shading and detail are my life :) Good work!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
wow lost those sketches are really good...keep up the good work...i need to work on my human drawing im not so good as i am with animals XD but that is normal i need you anatomy book -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.