• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: dirkac
Nickname: dir, Surskit boy, aSurskitUser
What art you enjoy doing: Mainly spriting, but I also do banners and art like that from time to time.
How you became interested in art: Because I hiatused a lot with art and I don't even remember in which order it happened, I'll just give you three things.
1. I got bored and I randomly opened up programs on my school computer. GIMP was one of them.
2. I got sick of having half of my Signature be comprised of credits.
3. I stumbled across some of my old stuff and decided to retry.

Also in this contest thing I derped and deleted all my fonts and brushes so if you guys have any suggestions (that aren't Dafont's because Dafont is a maze to find things) that'd be nice xP

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Corrosion

I too have to make due with a camera but there are ways to make it as good as you can.

Anyways, I recently tried drawing fire again and I also experimented a bit on lighting on this one.

raging_fires_by_cchariz-d76caub.jpg

What do you guys think?

I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username: dirkac
Nickname: dir, Surskit boy, aSurskitUser
What art you enjoy doing: Mainly spriting, but I also do banners and art like that from time to time.
How you became interested in art: Because I hiatused a lot with art and I don't even remember in which order it happened, I'll just give you three things.
1. I got bored and I randomly opened up programs on my school computer. GIMP was one of them.
2. I got sick of having half of my Signature be comprised of credits.
3. I stumbled across some of my old stuff and decided to retry.

Also in this contest thing I derped and deleted all my fonts and brushes so if you guys have any suggestions (that aren't Dafont's because Dafont is a maze to find things) that'd be nice xP

use futura. futura everything.

i like calibri as well. but real talk, futura.

futura OP! woo!

rockwell is great, garamond is great, arial is great futura is amazing.

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
This please.

PM myself with an explanation of what happened exactly (as vague VM arguments don't really help me when I don't even know what image was supposedly stolen). If another mod has already taken over, then keep going with them on dealing with it please. But don't yell about it in unrelated threads.

Alright, sorry.

EDIT: What do you all think of these? I know The Chimchar one isn't great but I think the others are OK.
ChimcharWeedle_zps2dfcaeeb.png
KakunaPiplup_zps6bd6a077.png
TurtwigWurmple_zpsbecbd5ce.png

Last edited:

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
The Piplup one, to me, is hilarious.

I tried to make a Venomoth-Volcarona fusion...and it seems a bit strange to me. The wings are not well done. ._. I don't know what happened to the right middle wing. It just went poof.
wll3gMx.png

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I just got back from Katsucon yesterday (at which time I had no access to the internet; apologies), and what is this I'm hearing about people getting harassed in PM? If anyone believes they have received a harassing message, please PM me. If one of our members is going out of their way to make life miserable for people in this club, I'd like to know about it so I can do something about it.

And I'm also going to issue a reminder that regardless of your friendship with someone else, when it comes to art and art theft in particular, sometimes the best way to be a good friend is to be a bad friend, if you know what I mean. Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean it's okay for you to try and defend them or whiteknight for them when they're done an honest-to-god wrong to someone else.

I'd like all further talk of this to be taken to me in PM, particularly if there are any further outstanding issues that need to be addressed, just because this is drama that really does not need to continue any further than it already has.

Welcome to Corrosion (I'm just going to put you down as Corrosion for your call name, okay?) and dirkac, and as always, if I miss anyone's join request, please let me know. I'm really sorry about the recent wankery, and I hope it doesn't put you off too much; we're a normally cool bunch, I promise. :(

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
I just got back from Katsucon yesterday

Welcome back! I have absolutely no idea where Katsucon is, but I hope you enjoyed yourself. (Unless you weren't supposed to, then I hope you had a terrible time!) XD

~*~*~*~

Anywho, I have another chaos. This is probably my favorite so far.

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
The Piplup one, to me, is hilarious.

I tried to make a Venomoth-Volcarona fusion...and it seems a bit strange to me. The wings are not well done. ._. I don't know what happened to the right middle wing. It just went poof.
wll3gMx.png

What do you mean it went poof? I think it's a really good sprite. All I can say is that it seems that it's right wing (our left) is a bit bigger than it's left, if that's what you mean (though that may just be me looking at it wrong).

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hi I made a banner; it's in my sig~

I tried out my buddy SM's C4D banner style (I think it's called that) and I need le critique :x

Much appreciated, fellow art fanatiques

I think it's great, but I'm no good at that and Dlwr will probably give better criticism.

I tend to like vivid colours more than those darker, and I don't really like your choice of colours, but that's me only and you shouldn't be taking this in consideration xD
But I love that one. May I ask what's so special in this style, that I am never able to do it myself?

orochi

This was an art trade with my friend, She wanted Dewott hugging audino XD
dewott_audino_by_orochi619-d7731rk.png

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hi I made a banner; it's in my sig~

I tried out my buddy SM's C4D banner style (I think it's called that) and I need le critique :x

Much appreciated, fellow art fanatiques

i really do like the banner extroph the only problem it may be my computer not sure but it seems the lighting is a bit to much it it was a tad bit dark i think it would of been great and it seems the banner is a bit flat with the contrast and saturation i still don't feel that vibarance if you know what i mean but besides that it looks great ex :)

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Talkin' about SM's style, I have tried to do those Aura Banners:

cMQzbOY.png

And... I didn't liked the font I used. It seems poor, but I couldn't find any better one.

Any critiques?

AnakBaé

Compared to the original works, this one seems a bit static, mostly on the upper body. Would be nice if you could add some flow or movement to the render, which will make the render seems like its dashing to a certain direction, preferably to the left. Also, those light bulbs are a bit distracting too; removing some of them on the left side might help.
Nice color choice btw. I'd pick dark blue instead, but purple works real good. Those hairy whatyouwaycallit thing are also on good position.
Nice work Ex. I have no regrets :x

Talkin' about SM's style, I have tried to do those Aura Banners:

cMQzbOY.png

And... I didn't liked the font I used. It seems poor, but I couldn't find any better one.

Any critiques?
Too bright. Too much white is going on. Spare some spaces for the blue; Balance the amount of blue and the white and it will harmonize better. Good work and I think you get the big picture on how the banner style works.
OH also, look at the bottom left and see how the render is "breaking out" from the stroke (Render on top of stroke layer). Lock her inside and make sure she cant get out :]

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Oh my! I haven't noticed he (yes, she's a he, hahaha!) was getting out. I'll fix it as soon as possible. And I thought it was much brighter too, but I was unsure if it was or not like that xD

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
I tend to like vivid colours more than those darker, and I don't really like your choice of colours, but that's me only and you shouldn't be taking this in consideration xD
But I love that one. May I ask what's so special in this style, that I am never able to do it myself?
C4Ds, as the name suggests. Look it up on Google Images. C4Ds are basically abstract shapes meant to give depth and flow and all that jazz. I think.
You can look up a YouTube tutorial on how to use them.
It's great but you know I think it's the other way around (Audino hugging Dewott).
There should be a minimal amount of white, I think, there should be more blue fading into something not quite white. More like light light light light blue. Really light blue. I guess there could be like one tiny strip of white though.
I'm probably not the best source of information for this stuff. :I

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hum. I have followed both advices, and I came up with thse this:

G2HABwy.png

I guess I should use a weaker stripe, like Miko said.
Man, those aren't any nice to do at all =/

Status
Not open for further replies.