• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
First text banner, whatdaya think?

Just noticed that Joel got cut off at the bottom. o_O Oops.

Also, I swear to the sweet heavens above that there is not a single render of Ellie on Google! (AKA, don't try and make something with her, it's a pain in the behind.)

SailorSketch

Pixel Mage
I'd like to join the Artist's Corner!

Username:SailorSketch
Nickname:Sailor or Sketch
What art you enjoy doing: Graphic design , animation, and pencil drawing(both in grey-tone and color)
How you became interested in art: I've had a long enduring love for art ever since I could hold a crayon.

Kaiserin

please wake up...

Username:SailorSketch
Nickname:Sailor or Sketch
What art you enjoy doing: Graphic design , animation, and pencil drawing(both in grey-tone and color)
How you became interested in art: I've had a long enduring love for art ever since I could hold a crayon.

Aaaand welcome!

Keldminrachi: I think the background is a bit busy? My eyes don't really know where to focus with all the background speckles and noise. Also, you could probably crop the bottom a bit so that the cutoff isn't noticeable. Otherwise, I would maybe try darkening/blurring the craziness in the background so it doesn't detract as much from the foreground, you know?

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Katsucon is a convention. Well, that's my educated guess. I could go off on some other topic about katsu and what that reminds me of, but that's not what this club is for.

I think the chao is a little blurry. That and the head spikes are way too big for the chao and the way it's pointing to the right is like....
Say if I took hair gel, stuck all my hair into a spike and then pushed said spike to the right. It'd be like having a sideways spike on my head. Weird.
So shrink the spikes and because we are looking directly at it's face, make the spikes go this way: ↑
Actually, both of them are cut off. ^-^'' One less noticeable than the other.

I don't really like the dissolve thing. I think dissolve isn't very useful at all because...it makes most stuff look horrible unless you're like using it as some effect or whatever (which I don't understand either, but eh). The text is a little harder to read than it should be, the gray blends in way too much and the red can get caught up in the dissolve.
Oh, and the dissolve got cut off. It's usually not the best thing that could happen.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
First thins first: Sorry about the distinct lack of posting that has occurred here. I've been distracting myself too much. That being said, thanks for accepting me despite being a few weeks overdue!

The only things I can think to say regarding the banners is that I like the blur & light effects in Exotroph's. Well, that and I know precious little about banners...

I will start posting art of my own when I create (and understand) a DeviantArt account, which I plan to be this weekend. Until then, keep on creating!

Sempiternal

Temptation

Your first attempt is not bad. Although there could be areas of improvement you could improve on. The right-side of the image and as you said, "Joel" is cut off aswell. This is just my opinion but I don't really have a knack for the background, just doesn't suit the theme you're going for. Also, as someone else stated, the text is a bit hard to see.

Anywho, sorry for my lack of posting. My recent artwork I have been working on is in my signature. Critiques? Anything I should improve on?

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Anywho, sorry for my lack of posting. My recent artwork I have been working on is in my signature. Critiques? Anything I should improve on?

I like the style of it, but the character images just seem a little too pasted on and don't really seem integrated into it. But the blood-red background with the splatter effect is pretty cool, though it could probably benefit from a few other effects and things going on in there.

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs

Username: Talonflame
Nickname: Inky (It's my deviantArt nickname)
What art you enjoy doing: Digital~ But I want to get more into pixel and little animated GIFs
How you became interested in art: I saw art on the internet and thought to myself: "I wish I could draw like that..." So I just kept trying

Errmm, I don't know if I'm allowed to contribute until I'm accepted as a member, so excuse my rudeness~

Do any of you have a graphics tablet? I have one, but for many years I was a mouse user and I was happy with that. Also, what programs do people use? I'm a SAI user, but GIMP was the first ever program I used.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Talonflame

Don't worry, a few members did that before so no need to feel guilty.

Anyways, I have a new art work again. I thought I'd show.

eris_the_delphox_by_cchariz-d77mggn.jpg

But I'd really like criticism on this:
raging_fires_by_cchariz-d76caub.jpg

I'm sorry if it's nagging or not allowed, but I really want to know if my experimentation was successful. >_>

Username: Talonflame
Nickname: Inky (It's my deviantArt nickname)
What art you enjoy doing: Digital~ But I want to get more into pixel and little animated GIFs
How you became interested in art: I saw art on the internet and thought to myself: "I wish I could draw like that..." So I just kept trying

Errmm, I don't know if I'm allowed to contribute until I'm accepted as a member, so excuse my rudeness~

Do any of you have a graphics tablet? I have one, but for many years I was a mouse user and I was happy with that. Also, what programs do people use? I'm a SAI user, but GIMP was the first ever program I used.

i have a wacom intuos 4, it's pretty nice. still prefer traditional, digital drawing just feels so different. idk, i need more practice. i have tried drawing with a mouse and it was impossible for me so i think that's very impressive. i did often just use the pen tool to 'draw' stuff, still do actually.

i use photoshop myself and have heard some nice things about SAI, but i just never saw any reason to switch.

also, graphics gale is great for pixel art spriting. very good specialized program. that might be something you'd like for spriting. it's free and works in my experience very well with graphics tablets.

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
i have a wacom intuos 4, it's pretty nice. still prefer traditional, digital drawing just feels so different. idk, i need more practice. i have tried drawing with a mouse and it was impossible for me so i think that's very impressive. i did often just use the pen tool to 'draw' stuff, still do actually.

i use photoshop myself and have heard some nice things about SAI, but i just never saw any reason to switch.

also, graphics gale is great for pixel art spriting. very good specialized program. that might be something you'd like for spriting. it's free and works in my experience very well with graphics tablets.

That's impressive, I'm hoping to upgrade to the Intuos Pro when I get the money. Traditional is great, although I only draw traditionally when I need to pencil draw realism, I've been doing some work on skulls recently and it is quite nice to be drawing traditional again. Yup, the more you use a graphics tablet the easier it is to draw with, I guess the hardest thing is learning to look at the screen and not at your hands. Mouse isn't too bad when you have your stabilizer set to over 9000... but yeah, Pen tool is still a favourite of mine! ;)

I have Photoshop Elements, but SAI is just nicer to draw with, it feels more natural and more realistic. Plus the blending modes for brushes make it feel as if you are painting in real life.

Wow, thanks!! I'll take a look at it now! <3

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven

I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun. Dumb name, but great tablet. I used to draw with a mouse years a few years ago, but after trying out a tablet instead, it's definitely the better way to go.

I use SAI for sketching and line art, and then I do the coloring and shading in Photoshop. I used to use Flash for drawing, but SAI is a heck of a lot better for that purpose.

Last edited:

SailorSketch

Pixel Mage
Thanks! I can't wait to get started ^_^

Oh the days of mouse drawing, not so fond memories lol jk it was okay. I've had a few different tabs over the years, all Wacom of course, intuos and bamboo, and I'm currently saving for a Cintiq.

I currently us PS, but I pretty much started with GIMP. I've heard good things about SAI, how is it?

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I currently us PS, but I pretty much started with GIMP. I've heard good things about SAI, how is it?

It rocks. One of my biggest problems when I was drawing in Flash was dealing with wobbly and uneven lines when trying to do the line art, but SAI's Pen tool nips that right in the bud. I'm still relatively new to it myself, but it has already knocked out on of my biggest problem areas in art.

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun. Dumb name, but great tablet. I used to draw with a mouse years a few years ago, but after trying out a tablet instead, it's definitely the better way to go.

I use SAI for sketching and line art, and then I do the coloring and shading in Photoshop. I used to use Flash for drawing, but SAI is a heck of a lot better for that purpose.

The Wacom Bamboo tablets are amazing, I've got the largest one but I can't for the life of me remember the name!

SAI is great for lineart, such smooth lines!! And I just can't deal with photoshop, I dislike how weak the blur tool is and the lack of the watercolour tools. And I have never used Flash, I thought it was mainly for animating?

Yeah, GIMP is a great starting program~ And SAI is beautiful, if you enjoy digital painting but want to have the feel of traditional painting, then go for it! Plus, you can get much smoother line art with SAI, as well as more editing options for each brush/tool.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
SAI is great for lineart, such smooth lines!! And I just can't deal with photoshop, I dislike how weak the blur tool is and the lack of the watercolour tools. And I have never used Flash, I thought it was mainly for animating?

Flash is definitely more for animating, but I used it for the smooth vector art that it could do. But yeah, SAI gives me much smoother lines and is a heck of a lot easier to work with.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I am amazed at TalonFlame's art! Awesome job. I still haven't see Angel's art, but I'm curious to know how it is.
There's an artist on dA, Xous54, which I love. Man, he's great at this stuff. May I ask if you all had some talent to drawing before? I may want to start on it, but you know, I have 0 talent on it...

Anyway, can someone give me some critique on my new sig? It's down there, haha!

GoldenLeaf

<-TheGoldenLeaf! :D

Username: GoldenLeaf
Nickname: Leaf
What art you enjoy doing: Fusions and drawing (paper and computer)
How you became interested in art: Seeing others doing it on DeviantArt and on here. ^^

I am amazed at TalonFlame's art! Awesome job. I still haven't see Angel's art, but I'm curious to know how it is.
There's an artist on dA, Xous54, which I love. Man, he's great at this stuff. May I ask if you all had some talent to drawing before? I may want to start on it, but you know, I have 0 talent on it...

Anyway, can someone give me some critique on my new sig? It's down there, haha!

don't ask if you should start drawing. if you like it or want to get good at it, just do it.

pencil. paper. go.

i don't think talent exists, just people who practice a lot.

e: thanks for the pointless bs neg rep, anon. i am a member of the club and i have been for half a year.

Username: Hermosa Caldera
Nickname: idk. :/
What art you enjoy doing: Traditional, graphical design, pixel things.
How you became interested in art: i like Naoki Urusawa and Disney.

i am becoming an illustration student in a month or so. i might as well start acting like one. you know, start hanging around artists or at least other people interested in creating things. :]

i suck at colours and painting.

currently i am trying to get more control in my shoulder and elbow to get myself to stop making 'chicken scratches'. it's though. (you know when you make a line by making lots of smaller lines? it doesn't look clean and you can't make organic looking curves. it's become a bad habit of mine and i am sure i am not the only one. ;])

when it comes to graphical design, like most of you, i only edit images; i use the pen tool for almost everything and occassionally the default round brushes or some free effect images i downloaded (i have some weird personal custom brushes too. lol). i hope i can get myself a table this year and start painting digitally.

maybe i'll post something this afternoon, but lessee if i'm even accepted. lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.