• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Artist's Corner

Who's club banner is the best? (see below)

• Eeveelover824

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • colorless-winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sworn Metalhead

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Azulart

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Callie-Rose

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • extroph

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Kutie Pie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I don't know... I can't really live without my scanlines. They're too much part of my style already to simply stop using. Plus, I like the "clean" effect it gives. I guess it's personal taste more than anything =/
Although I used one pattern in front of Mario's layer, which shouldn't be there, but behind him. Oh good lord.

Astral Shadow-
Erica got a bit too much feather. It's blurred at the edges.
There are way too many things on the Fairy Tail one, imo.
The triangle is a little too pixelly.
Michigan needs more oomph.

Yeah she did. Feather tool was at 5px for some reason and I never went back to redo her cut .-.

I wasn't too happy trying to fit that all in there(it was a request).

Which is why I don't like doing non rectangular banners. It was my first try doing a new shape(again, a request).

Yep probably could have put something behind Jolteon and Lucario.

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Sorry for inactivity, School has been really hectic >.<
Anyway, I finally got round to doing one of those redraw memes. and... well
(Before is from January 2013, after is from 4th march 2014)
Rather big image
[spoil]
beforeandafter1_zps284634a3.png
[/spoil]
I still have a long way to go, and I'm still new when it comes to digital art, so yeah

AnakBaé

Mega Gyarados is looking pretty awesome. Only thing it I can seem blue pixels around his right whisker(things like that really bother when I do art).

Damnnn good thing you noticed, cuz I completely missed it. Thanks ;]

---
Might be irrelevant but I also got this bad rep and happen to know the culprit.
I know you're reading this, ID: 347477 :]

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Hey everyone, I haven't been making too much art lately so consequently I haven't been active here. But now I'll try to be more active.
Anyways, I have something I'd like critiqued. It's the first tag I've made in awhile.

bravely_default_tag_by_kelz_designs-d78tspz.png

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki

I like the text and the splotches of color on the image. The girl looks a little bit too (I think this is the word, still bad with the fancy vocabulary) saturated, but it also may be my computer screen. :/

~*~*~*~*~

Was doing some work over in the open request thread, and I did these:

and

(As you can probably tell, I enjoyed using my new flame brushes :) Also, the first is an icon for Youtube, which is why it is so big.)

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Might be irrelevant but I also got this bad rep and happen to know the culprit.
I know you're reading this, ID: 347477 :]

...Are you kidding me? If that's who's doing it, then I'm really disappointed to find that out. I've already asked a mod to look into it when they have time to make certain, but... ugh. I'm sorry people are getting negatively repped with such reckless abandon, and hopefully it'll be put to an end soon.

Keldminrachi: I like how posterized both of these look without being tacky, and for a first try with flame brushes, it looks pretty good. One recommendation I'd have for rendering flames is to see how real fire is illuminated, and how it's weirdly uniform in the sense that the yellow is in the more "concentrated" center areas, whereas the tongues tend to be more orange and red. Knowing that helps to give it a dash of realism, although you captured that well enough with the "ring" around the Rattata, so I'm more referring to the stuff on the left. (The dodge and burn brushes are both put to very good use with fire, incidentally.) The text color on the Radioactive banner seems a bit out of place, though; perhaps change the white to a yellow off the Rattata?

The Torterra one looks great, though, and I have no meaningful critique for that one.

NightKrazy

Fire Queen
For future reference to everyone (because this will probably happen again):
Please don't send me negative reps for double posting. There's nothing I can do about it. The Quote function automatically makes a new post, and I can't combine them because my antivirus flags it as a potential threatening pop-up and won't let me click the Save or Full Edit buttons after I try to edit a post. There's nothing I can do about this. There are no settings I can change that will help, and I can't uninstall the antivirus software.

Just so you all know, this is what happens when I make double posts.

AnakBaé

Keldminrachi91;17020501[IMG said:
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz3/s10204485/torterrax_icon_zps6d94dded.png[/IMG][/URL]

and

(As you can probably tell, I enjoyed using my new flame brushes :) Also, the first is an icon for Youtube, which is why it is so big.)
I really like this one, especially the flames around Ratatta, which makes it looks like its using Flame Wheel. Nice work.

...Are you kidding me? If that's who's doing it, then I'm really disappointed to find that out. I've already asked a mod to look into it when they have time to make certain, but... ugh. I'm sorry people are getting negatively repped with such reckless abandon, and hopefully it'll be put to an end soon.

Yeah kinda sad cause I didn't expect that person to be the culprit, but I have evidences after tracking the user's ID of the rep sender. And I'm sure that ID will show up if you track your latest rep. I reported him/her for rep abuse. I hope he realizes his mistake now :]

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
It's funny, because two of my last reps were from here and both in less than a month. He's probably spreading positive reps and then negging people here. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm in search of new brushes, special grunges and abstract, but I can't find any good ones. Suggestions? And fonts too, specially that, because I have some deficiency with it.

Username: LVStarlitSky
Nickname: Ashe
What art you enjoy doing: Chibis and pokemon wallpapers mostly
How you became interested in art: When i was little my parents had art all over the place so i wanted to try as well! I had many trial and errors but in the end i became pretty good!

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Username: LVStarlitSky
Nickname: Ashe
What art you enjoy doing: Chibis and pokemon wallpapers mostly
How you became interested in art: When i was little my parents had art all over the place so i wanted to try as well! I had many trial and errors but in the end i became pretty good!

I'm going to hold off on adding new members temporarily, as I've already put in the new thread for approval -- at that point, everyone will have to reapply anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point to bother right now. But consider yourself provisionally accepted, and feel free to post whatever you might have for us and comment around to people!

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Keldminrachi: I like how posterized both of these look without being tacky, and for a first try with flame brushes, it looks pretty good. One recommendation I'd have for rendering flames is to see how real fire is illuminated, and how it's weirdly uniform in the sense that the yellow is in the more "concentrated" center areas, whereas the tongues tend to be more orange and red. Knowing that helps to give it a dash of realism, although you captured that well enough with the "ring" around the Rattata, so I'm more referring to the stuff on the left. (The dodge and burn brushes are both put to very good use with fire, incidentally.) The text color on the Radioactive banner seems a bit out of place, though; perhaps change the white to a yellow off the Rattata?

The Torterra one looks great, though, and I have no meaningful critique for that one.

Yeah, I used quite a bit of random tools with this one (dodge and burn, lots of smudging, and some overlay effects as well). I am *very slightly* unsatisfied with the way the top right corner came out. I wanted to include some smoke, and the flames up there didn't look right either, so I guess that was a bit of a cop-out. I did try a couple of colors for the text, but never really tried a yellow from Rattata. I did oranges and reds from the fire, but they didn't look right, but I'll try out the yellow. ;)

It's funny, because two of my last reps were from here and both in less than a month. He's probably spreading positive reps and then negging people here. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm in search of new brushes, special grunges and abstract, but I can't find any good ones. Suggestions? And fonts too, specially that, because I have some deficiency with it.

I can't offer any advice for the brushes, but as for fonts, you could try searching DaFont.com. Some of my favorites from there are Moonstar, birth of a hero, moonlight shadow, fairydustB, and Star lit night.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Um...why is T1nyp1c suddenly starred out?

Apparently the site has had legal issues in the past.

Also, I'm sorry for my inactivity on this Club, I haven't and won't have access to any sort of Art Tool until early April, and I haven't had much time to criticize either due to me needing to prioritize other things for now.

Sempiternal

Temptation
I may as well post now. Sorry for the lack of posts lately, school's been getting at me, I'll be sure to post some art tomorrow.

Again, sorry.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Personally, I use imgur over you-know-which-image-host just because I like the fact that it allows you to direct link, maintains your image for a few months, and I just find it a lot less of a hassle. It's an alternative if the one you've been using is now blocked, at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.