• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Arzon Region

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Yes, you read right, Arzon Region.

I am making a region (and possibly a fan-hack) full of many new pokemon.

The region will be partially based on Arizona, with large influences of California on it's East Coast.

These are the Pokemon of the Region

iaza11719733361400.png

Take note, the 5th Gen Sprites are just placeholders until I make new sprites for them.

Last edited:

kamionero

Ok, I gotta say I really love them, ESPECIALLY the little sleeping guy!!! He's brilliant.

A little critiquing: The ram guy's mouth looks a bit off. Seems like he has a :3 mouth style, but from the perspective it looks like its crooked. Also, just for highlighting and differentiation reasons I'd say try to make his nose a different color, darker. I think it would stand out more and look good, and also clarify on his face a bit more. His "I dont give a crap" look in his eyes is great tho :p and the smoke and legs look fantastic, as well as the horns, although, and im being nitpicky here and its just my opinion, I think it might look better if the outline of the right horn was darker on the right part that sticks out, make it look sharper against the contrast of the smoke.

The only thing i would touch up on the grass K-mouse is the lips. Not sure if you meant for him to look like he's making a kissy face, if u did... u nailed it, but if u wanted to look like an skinny anteater snout i would maybe make the pink a darker red.

The water guy... totally nailed it, IMO he looks amazing.

Wren also looks very good, the only think that I would change is the outline of his second feather down on his left wing, it seems a bit too light, looks too illuminated at random, especially cause the gap between the top feather and the 2nd is darker.

As for names, i am garbage... but lemme give it a shot:
Carmus (Cactus Armadillo Mouse)
Flaries (Flare Aries)
Dendro or Batid (from the genus Dendrobatidae)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Thank's for the critique, Carmus' (Yes I'm sticking with that name) Kissy-lips were actually supposed to be a nose, so I'll have to touch that up a smidge.

On the ram, smthing I didn't point out, but it's Antlers (or are they horns on sheep?) are hollow, and act like mufflers, as in, the soke is actually coming out of them. I'm gonna seek a darker pallet for the nose deffinately/

EDIT:
iaza11719721466500.gif

made some changes around here and there.

Last edited:

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
I love them, most of my complaints with the originals have been fixed. But I really don't like Carmus' Cactus... It looks out of place. I'd say either add something cacti-like on it's body, or make it gain cactus-qualities when it evolves.

M4zz

Banned
Your sprites seriously lack any form of definition or shading. I suggest working on the linework and reading the tutorials for further help.

I appologize. that's all I've really ever had to say to a fan region over the past month and a half-ish, that I've actually forgotten what a high-quality sprite looks like. I've always beena huge fan of your sprites. Your shading style is so Generation III in the Generation V size limits, I just absolutely love it. I'm getting a huge Sandshrew / Sandslash vibe from the Grass stater however. I believe it's the eyes and colour choice, but it's nothign too major. A potential name could be Cactaroo? The Fire sheep looks quite well done, even though the idea is used somewhat frequently. Embaah? I don't know. Not the best with names. I personally prefer the Tadpole without the snot bubble. I think the idea of the excessive mucus just isn't as cute. The Brid and NALS looks fine. Wait, maybe name the Chipmunk Naals or something as a psuedo-acronym for North American Land Squirrel. The Larvae Pokemon has a Yanmega-esque look to it, especially the eyes and colours. Otherwise things look great! Welcome back MF08.

kamionero

Lol I actually just saw some other sprites you posted on a diff forum, including Carmus' (YAY!! you liked the name hahaha) back sprite (which is amazing) and evolution. Now I see the nose and the whiskers, I thought the whiskers where like his cheeks being sucked in, therefore it added up to kissyface. In that sense, i think its just an optical illusion, dont change the nose, it looks good in context, its one of those "now that ive seen the nose, it cannot be unseen" and I dont see kissyface anymore lol.

In regards to the cactus as adressed by Loreni, again, once you see the rest of the sprites and understand the context it makes a LOT of sense, and it really does look good.I personally wouldnt change it.

I get the ram's horns as exhaust now, great idea! its actually clear now that u mention it that the smoke is shooting out of the horn, I would highlight that even more in the following evolutions, cause it looks good.
Also, now that u changed the nose I really see what u did. I thought that the outline of the nose was a lip, now I see.

The Chipmunk looks crazy! haha i love it. I would make the acorn larger and more cartoony though, to highlight it a bit more.

The bug, I have no complaints, looking good!

Lol now that I get the Ram, he should be called Mufflare (hyuk hyuk hyuk... muffler and flare) or Muffleece (lol... i know terrible)

Chipmunk: Acron (horribly uninspired)
Bug- Tunnelar (worst... name... ever)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Aw u guys :!)

Pokemaster I almost didn't read your whole post and was ready to go Ape! good thing I decided to sit around and read some more.

Also, the 'eyes' on the beetle are actually just markings, it's based on this
http://www.fws.gov/southdakotafieldoffice/abb1_Backlund.jpg

And yes, the concepts are hard to grasp without THESE

iaza11719733526200.jpg

iaza11719775663100.jpg

iaza11719724960000.jpg

iaza11719732177300.jpg

iaza11719734003900.jpg

iaza11719753232500.jpg

Fun Facts:Water Starter was originally a seal sleeping making snot bubbles.
I chnaged it to a Tadpole Last minute,(As in right when I started spriting).
The Bird, Rodent, and Bug were created on the spot.
The final Typings are:Grass/Rock, Fire, Water/Poison.
The final Typings were originally:Grass/Rock, Fire/Poison, Water/Ice.

EDIT: The next one's gonna be based on a puddle of Oil, evolve into a floating lump of Coal, then ehen given a Fire Stone, evolves into a floating Diamond.
Typing should go: Rock/Poison, Rock/Fire, Rock/?(Psychic mabye?) with phenominal Defensive Power.

DOUBLE EDIT:
iaza11719731340700.gif

The wren evolves into a Roadrunner (Meep Meep) at level 23. (The black thing around it's neck is a Scarf).

The Fossil Fuel Pokemon is going to be the signature of the Evil Team.

The Racoon/Cat Burgalur (see the ears also make the back knot of a bandanna/mask theives wear) is a Standalone Dark type. Which Pallet suits it best?

TRIPLE EDIT:Added the 'Slag Heap' Pokemon, also changed the smoke on the back half of the Ram to help show that it is indeed just Smoke. (It may learn Mirror Move Via Level up, get the Pun?).

THE DREADED QUADRUPLE EDIT:
iaza11719794421600.gif

The Eternity Pokemon, it holds knowledge of things from before humans existed. They are few i number due to the extreme conditions required for their evolution.

THE ONCE FORGOTTON PENTUPLE EDIT:
iaza11719793436100.gif

Added the regional Electric Rodent, based on Arizona's State Mammel, the Ringtail, and it's evolution.

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
iaza11719724367700.png

No more EDITS~

Showing new display format.

Also, allowing you all to see type previews of future evolutionary familys.

Last edited:

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Not really digging Lanturn's and Sunflora's evos, they look a little too much like their pre-evolutions, plus the posing looks a little awkward. The others are pretty darn amazing though. And you need to do a Coyote. I think you know why.

Nice starters though, but the nose still looks like kissy lips to me.

I'm curious as to how the environment will look. I'd expand the environment just a little from just Arizona, maybe a more general "central US" thing. Though this is coming from a guy doing an archipelago region, so who am I to talk about variety?

kamionero

Looking good. Couple suggestions that you might or might not wanna try out:
Ringtail evolution: His right arm looks a little artificial, the shading doesnt really match the hair texture well, especially since the hair tuffts are so straight and sharp. U could do a little checkerboard to add the fluff illusion.

Oil spill: Great idea! Hahaha i tried the same thing, but i couldnt make it work. Yours is brilliant, but the white lines above his eyes look weird. If you removed them I think it would be best.
Coalite: I love him. I wouldnt change anything
Adiemant (die+Adamant -diamond like substance-): I like him better mouthless to be honest. Also, personal taste here, i wouldnt make his secondary color (eye n mouth) yellow, I think a saturated blue or even rocky maroon would fit better.

Sunflora evo (Inflorance - like infloresence.. plust kinda seems like Inferno.. and Florence.. since the other one is like Flora) I actually really like him.

Lanturn (Delphion - Delphos and Ion) - Not my personal fave of all your pokes, but not bad by any means. I frankly have no suggestions as to how to help. I do like that unlike previous evos his bulb is actually ON! that looks very good and its good that it changes the lighting.

Little chick - Lol again, a great idea i tried and couldnt pull off and you did, but this one in particular looks a bit rushed. his right wing has a really dark outline on the top, when usually thats a lighter area in the pokes. The egg on the left also is a bit dark on the outlines, a medium gray i think would look more convincing. the feet look great though.

The greedy cheshire cat and the jr ringtail are looking good.

I gotta say.. i cant wait to see the next and the final steps on ur starters.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Lantern's evo, and the chick, are actually incomplete atm.

The chick is going to be a split evolution, either a Ground/Flying Turkey, or a Fighting/Flying Rooster thing. Trying to work into it parts of each side sothey can seem linked.

Lantern's Evo is going to gain those frilly things real anglers have to lure prey.

Pelliper's going to hae an Albatross Evolution.

The 2 unkown Fire and Rock lines are going to be

Fire:A salamander line

Rock: A stone Table that eventually becomes a Mesa.

also in the plans-A Largemouth (Water) Bass, a (Dark/Ground) Coyote, a (Fighting) Bear cub weilding a twig (Becomes a (Fighting) Grizzley weilding a log), a (Poison/Rock) Diamond Back Rattlesnake (litterally), A mastadon Fossil line (Rock/Ice), a sabertooth Fossil line (Rock), a (Poison/Dragon) Thorny Devil, a (Psychic) Crop Circle, an (Ghost) Indian line, a (Fire/Water) Pistol Shrimp line, a (Grass/Dragon) Snapdragon, a (Grass/Ghost) Tumbleweed, an a few more I can't spoil.

The Evil Teams are Team Nova (Primary Evil Team). And Team Oxcorp (Secondary Evil Team)

TN seeks out the meteor that gorged the western half of the region that is said to have been what wiped out the Dinosaur Pokemon (Apparently the Meteor had a special Energy in it).

TO is an evil team rivaling the Region's biggest company Bizco, they want the area to keep reying on Fossil Fuels. They start performing eco-terroism acts to try and keep the Region Hooked ont Fossil Fuels.

Arzon is a region formed when a Meteor struck an ancient Mountain, the crash radiated a massive energy that killed almost all life. As such, the region is rich in Oil, Coal, and Natural Gas. Bizco was the first to harvest up the black gold, but gave it up in favor of a more eco-friendly energy source. Oxcorp took over the Fossil Fuel industry, as it offers more Power much quicker.

People have been leaning more to Bizco over the years, but lately Oxcorp's been sabotaging many on Bizco's machines to malfunction, causing massive black-outs, and other disasters. Meanwhile a secret organization, who happens to be Oxcorp's biggest clients, Team Nova, have been performing an extensive excavation in the desert and Mountain regions near your home town seeking the remains of the Meteor.

Jegretis

<---My fave PKMN
Hmmm...those are pretty good sprites. I especially like the Sunflora evolution. Also, is that cat-like pokemon based of the Cheshire Cat?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Expect some Chinese Dragon influences.

also update, many lines finished

iaza11719772081400.png

there probally wont be anymore flying Pokemon in the region.

Last edited:

kamionero

I already got to take a look at the evolution of Carmus, it looks great and I love the pose.
The Wren evolution I think is flawless, the tailfeather looks very slick and i love the side-sweapt head feathers.

Squirrly evos are looking good, Love the pedantic attitude of the last one, and I LOOOVE the fluffy tail in the middle one.

The digging bug evo is looking good. the only thing is that the colors and patterns can be a little confusing at first, for example, the pincers on the red stripe of the torso make it look like the negative space between the pincers is like a snout... kinda like a fly's snout. Same with the little black things sticking outfrom his sides. The one on the right looks like its part of the wing, but the one on the left has no wing... so are they arms? if so, what are those white-ish tendrils about shoulder-height. Also, the shovel and the orange part of it make a bit of a weird angle, making it look like its cracking or bending.

Like the purple on the diamond a lot more! hehee more contrast, and besides cool colors look better for the diamond.

Personally, i like all the additions on the Lanturn evo, except the lip outline, it just looks kinda weird... like clinged on.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
iaza11719737658400.png

1st evolutions of the starters are done, the final Ram is going to push the boundries of the 64x64 limit.

though these are just beta atm, I may tweak them a lot still.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Yes, It's Wiscash (Figure, why make a New Catfish when we already have one).

iaza11719728275800.png

The Albatross is a Split Evo of Wingull, more offensively oriented than Pellipper.

Last edited:

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
I like the spider and the last ram and frog, Im guessing the rock line is a canyon? The first one looks a bit like Foongus, but rock :)

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
Wow, nice. These designs are really cool, and your pixel work is great. I do love fakemon~ Keep it up!