• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ash Greninja (Ret)Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, yeah, it's officially retconned now lol
so all the "Tomiyasu hates XY" conspiracies were wrong, it was probably an order from the game devs.
Or the anime ordered the game to retcon it. That’s probably what happened. Because the games can’t say “don’t put this transformation in your show anymore” but the anime can say that to the games because it’s irrevalant in the games

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
oh, yeah, it's officially retconned now lol
so all the "Tomiyasu hates XY" conspiracies were wrong, it was probably an order from the game devs.
Maybe, but it also makes all the people who said that fans were delusional and the team "just forgot to add the form in cause they're so tired" look like morons as well. Ultimately it was clear something very weird was happening and I guess this is it.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well, I stand corrected. It looks like AG was retconned. I didn’t think there was enough evidence to support a retcon at the time, but it makes sense if the games are revamping how Battle Bond works.

I don’t think this was the anime’s choice given how popular the form was.

Or the anime ordered the game to retcon it. That’s probably what happened. Because the games can’t say “don’t put this transformation in your show anymore” but the anime can say that to the games because it’s irrevalant in the games

DayQuil95

The anime isn't ordering GAMEFREAK what to do, if Gamefreak wants the anime ends right there and they couldn't do much about it, the only reason Ash-Greninja existed in the first place was because the director asked Gamefreak for something equivalent of a Mega Evolution for Ash to have, which led into Greninja being used, as it was their most popular and marketable Pokemon from Kalos.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Well you see guys can you really call Alain stronger than Ash, I mean he had a mega while Ash didn't even have a pokemon that was like a mega at all, surely if Alain didn't have a mega he would get destr-

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yet they also nerfed Protean/Libero, but that was left alone for Leon's Cinderace

4c1.jpg

is this a S/V leak? like a screenshot from those games?

if so, I wonder how the cat fans are going to take this news? Since it means that it didn't win the lottery after all

The anime isn't ordering GAMEFREAK what to do, if Gamefreak wants the anime ends right there and they couldn't do much about it, the only reason Ash-Greninja existed in the first place was because the director asked Gamefreak for something equivalent of a Mega Evolution for Ash to have, which led into Greninja being used, as it was their most popular and marketable Pokemon from Kalos.

That's probably why they did it, Greninja was so popular that trying to give ash a mega at the time since the only kalos pokemon who could go was Diancie (Which wasn't happening) would've overtaken Greninja's screentime so they had no choice.

Well you see guys can you really call Alain stronger than Ash, I mean he had a mega while Ash didn't even have a pokemon that was like a mega at all, surely if Alain didn't have a mega he would get destr-

please don't start with this, we don't need more chaos.

Xuxuba

Well they managed to get Greninja trending on twitter lol

Wonder what they'll think is happening since the game is not even out yet lmao

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think the people who picked the cat will be quite happy. It has a high speed stat and a really OP signature move, plus a cool hidden ability.

a hidden ability that gets nerfed...the whole point of protean and libero is to change your typing constantly, being only able to do it once, and then having to be recalled to do it again kind of kills it's potential

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
a hidden ability that gets nerfed...the whole point of protean and libero is to change your typing constantly, being only able to do it once, and then having to be recalled to do it again kind of kills it's potential
it's nerfed, but it's still pretty good, imo. i think having to recall adds more strategy to the game.

Broseph08

thanks you for the information

that's not gonna make people who pick the cat happy i bet
Eh it still has very high physical attack and is super fast with a signature move that is a guaranteed crit. A nerfed protean really just keeps it from being broken like Cinderace was last gen but it's still ridiculously strong

Status
Not open for further replies.