• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ash Greninja (Ret)Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuckFam

We will never see Ash Greninja again. It's time to focus our worship on Ash Lucario...

The fact that its picture is in the games makes me think it'll probably be a DLC addition eventually. They probably just move away from it the same way Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax are dropped from the games, so it's not like it's an AshGreninja thing specifically.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The fact that its picture is in the games makes me think it'll probably be a DLC addition eventually. They probably just move away from it the same way Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax are dropped from the games, so it's not like it's an AshGreninja thing specifically.
Z-move ....I hate these and rotodex helped me out

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I still think it's hilarious i got it right but honestly
It was the easiest way out to cut Ash-Greninja transformation out of the game, i did check what stats were buffed
Either that or we have Game Freak members in this forum
Didn't expect to have them to go with it though

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It's not surprising that the transformation itself was removed as the code that allowed the AGreninja transformation likely relied on the same code used for Mega Evolution. AFAIK, that code was removed from active codebase, and they're not going to put it back in just for one or two Pokemon.

If Megas ever come back to the mainline games, then we'll probably get AGreninja back as well since its basically a Mega with a different catalyst to start the transformation.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's not surprising that the transformation itself was removed as the code that allowed the AGreninja transformation likely relied on the same code used for Mega Evolution. AFAIK, that code was removed from active codebase, and they're not going to put it back in just for one or two Pokemon.

If Megas ever come back to the mainline games, then we'll probably get AGreninja back as well since its basically a Mega with a different catalyst to start the transformation.
I don't think it would be hard to just make it a form change, the code for it exists since gen 3 at least

masdog

I don't think it would be hard to just make it a form change, the code for it exists since gen 3 at least
What else has a form change like this besides Megas?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Forgot about those.

And Cherrim has different base stats for Overcast and Sunshine form in PLA, so that shouldn’t be a reason for removing the form from the game entirely.

It doesn’t look like any of those Pokémon are in SV, though.

But we do have a form changing dolphin.

masdog

Aside from what they have talked, no other mega is triggered like that anyway
Just because a Mega didn’t trigger the same way doesn’t mean the same underlying code wasn’t used. There was just a different condition that called that transformation function.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Do we have a source on the AG transformation using the same code as Megas?
Not sure if this counts or means anything but if it is, it's probably not exactly similar. You can still activate Battle Bond and use Mega Evolution in the same battle while with other Mega evolved Pokemon you can't. Even Pokemon that don't require a Keystone like Rayquaza still won't allow you to preform Mega Evolution twice.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not sure if this counts or means anything but if it is, it's probably not exactly similar. You can still activate Battle Bond and use Mega Evolution in the same battle while with other Mega evolved Pokemon you can't. Even Pokemon that don't require a Keystone like Rayquaza still won't allow you to preform Mega Evolution twice.
Hmm never thought about that. That's a good point though. The most we do know about it is that AG is, to some degree, considered a Mythical tier Pokémon since it was included in a ban list for competitive with Legendaries

Sham

The Guardian of War
Hmm never thought about that. That's a good point though. The most we do know about it is that AG is, to some degree, considered a Mythical tier Pokémon since it was included in a ban list for competitive with Legendaries
Right, meanwhile other Pokemon capable of Mega Evolve aren't for the most part despite getting stat boosts and even a different ability/typings. So, I'm assuming Nintendo/Game Freak consider it a different category all together and like you said maybe even more on the Mythical/Legendary list

masdog

If we could look under the hood at the game engine code, my assumption is that they’re calling the same routine in the code when activating traditional megas, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Diance, and Ash-Greninja. From a code level, all four should be functionally very similar (IE the game engine should be doing the same things), but there would be some different checks and triggers before and after the transformation functions.

From a maintenance standpoint, it wouldn’t make sense to have two different code branches here.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Right, meanwhile other Pokemon capable of Mega Evolve aren't for the most part despite getting stat boosts and even a different ability/typings. So, I'm assuming Nintendo/Game Freak consider it a different category all together and like you said maybe even more on the Mythical/Legendary list
Funnily enough the Pokémon closest to its unique circumstances would probably be AZ Floette. GF will just add the form back when XY remakes/Legends: Zygarde happens to capitalize on people missing it.

masdog

From looks alone, AG is like Mega Evolution, but that's just because of the idea that it's a "Mega Evolution" for Ash to keep him from using a Mega Evolution during Kalos.

Mechanically, though? Extremely different and really not the same as a ME. Any Pokemon that can change forms simply has different triggers, but they're not all under the same mechanic to trigger them all. MEs occur when tapping a stone. AG triggers when it gets cocky from defeating one opponent.
Wait...are we talking about the anime or how the game engine could be coded? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.