• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ash Greninja (Ret)Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
People have been talking about Ash-Greninja being in the games code and potentially happening forever now, still hasn't occurred. How sure are people that it'll be in Masters EX?

It's the third image that shows up when you type " Ash's Greninja. " Very, very likely to just be a placeholder
Prior to Ash getting in the game, people were speculating on it going to Calem in the eventual Kalos Villain Arc. Now it just seems like people are expecting Ash to have an alt with it because it’s an obvious money maker. Mega Blaziken was in the game’s files since day 1 along with AG and was only just added last month so it could be any time they add it.

Last edited:

AARTX

Dead inside…
Prior to Ash getting in the game, people were speculating on it going to Calem in the eventual Kalos Villain Arc. Now it just seems like people are expecting Ash to have an alt with it because it’s an obvious monkey maker. Mega Blaziken was in the game’s files since day 1 along with AG and was only just added last month so it could be any time they add it.
Kekw it’d be awkward seeing Calem do the fusion sequence with Ash-Greninja during the sync move animations.

Hence why I don’t see the point in giving AG to non-Ash trainers regardless of whether Ash gets an alt or not

Ignition

Kekw it’d be awkward seeing Calem do the fusion sequence with Ash-Greninja during the sync move animations.

Hence why I don’t see the point in giving AG to non-Ash trainers regardless of whether Ash gets an alt or not
They’d probably just have him make some generic pose before the form happens. They don’t show the full sequence in the games either but I agree I don’t see them giving it to non Ash characters.
Lmao that’s what I get for typing while half asleep. Everyone calls Ash a butt monkey anyway

AARTX

Dead inside…
They’d probably just have him make some generic pose before the form happens. They don’t show the full sequence in the games either but I agree I don’t see them giving it to non Ash characters.
I mean yeah sure they can do that, but then the form loses it’s meaning and sullies the reason on why it’s called…well, ash greninja.

Ignition

I mean yeah sure they can do that, but then the form loses it’s meaning and sullies the reason on why it’s called…well, ash greninja.
Not that I disagree but this game isn’t particularly concerned with making the impact of certain Pokémon matter beyond “this will get us money”. Lillie just gets a random Cosmog instead of having Nebby for instance. Though I guess you could just call it Calem and Greninja (Bond Phenomenon) while never explicitly calling it Ash Greninja. It’d definitely be a lame cop out but I wouldn’t put it past them

AARTX

Dead inside…
Not that I disagree but this game isn’t particularly concerned with making the impact of certain Pokémon matter beyond “this will get us money”. Lillie just gets a random Cosmog instead of having Nebby for instance. Though I guess you could just call it Calem and Greninja (Bond Phenomenon) while never explicitly calling it Ash Greninja. It’d definitely be a lame cop out but I wouldn’t put it past them
I doubt DeNA can do that. It’s coded in the games as Ash-Greninja/Satoshi-Gekkouga. They’d have to go to game freak (and maybe Yajima) and ask permission to rename or not call it Ash-Greninja

But I’d like to see how they handle it should they go that route. The Ash/Greninja fans would riot lmao

Also that’s dumb of DeNA if they think a calem alt (with a very popular pokemon) would print money after the serena alts they’ve made lol.

Last edited:

Ignition

We got Ultra Necrozma last year which they marketed a fair bit. We also get Megas semi often in Masters which most were last usable in the same game Ash Greninja can be used. I don't think TPCi cares about marketing an old form for a few weeks for a spinoff when that Pokémon has been ranked #1 on two different popularity polls. Plus even when Ash Greninja was usable in the games, the most it got was a trailer for SM's demo.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
We got Ultra Necrozma last year which they marketed a fair bit.
That one was tricky because they're using the USUM iterations for the characters, especially Giovanni (though, strangely, Elio and Selene are in their SM getups), so anything linked to them was fair game.
We also get Megas semi often in Masters which most were last usable in the same game Ash Greninja can be used.
Sync Stones are extremely multipurpose and so many characters without the fancy outfits are known for using gimmicks that not having them with their gimmicks would be odd. They can grant Z-Moves, MEs, and Dynamax/Gigantamax. I won't be surprised if they suddenly gain the ability to Teralize in a few months. Oh, and also, MEs are not tied to Ash-Greninja at all despite appearing in the same generation. Each side can live without the other.

OLM isn't going to market Ash-Greninja because it's Gen VI old stuff and they'd rather promote whatever new face Ash has on his head, which is why we got THE UNBEATABLE JOURNEYS ASH(!!!) rather than his Kanto design. Nostalgia is not Ash's forte.

Last edited:

Ignition

That one was tricky because they're using the USUM iterations for the characters, especially Giovanni (though, strangely, Elio and Selene are in their SM getups), so anything linked to them was fair game.
USUM was still old news at this point though which is my point. By this point LGPE, SwSh, and BDSP have released.
Sync Stones are extremely multipurpose and so many characters without the fancy outfits are known for using gimmicks that not having them with their gimmicks would be odd. They can grant Z-Moves, MEs, and Dynamax/Gigantamax. I won't be surprised if they suddenly gain the ability to Teralize in a few months.
See above. It's not the fact that they're in the game it's that these mechanics are just as if not older than Ash Greninja so saying TPCi wouldn't promote it because it's unusable in the current generation seems like a disingenuous argument when other past features are still regularly featured in Masters and the anime.
OLM isn't going to market Ash-Greninja because it's Gen VI old stuff and they'd rather promote whatever new face Ash has on his head, which is why we got THE UNBEATABLE JOURNEYS ASH(!!!) rather than his Kanto design. Nostalgia is not Ash's forte.
You said TPCi not OLM. You also mention "Gen VI old stuff" when Ash is using a Mega Lucario right now which is even older than AG and both of their last playable appearances in a mainline game was USUM.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You said TPCi not OLM. You also mention "Gen VI old stuff" when Ash is using a Mega Lucario right now which is even older than AG and both of their last playable appearances in a mainline game was USUM.
TPCI promotes anything, but OLM promotes what they're currently doing and doesn't ever want to pedal back (hell, they don't want to pedal back enough in their own turf).

Ash using Mega Lucario has no bearing at all in trying to get Ash-Greninja in because his jackal can do that form currently and the game already had Korrina using it, so it was fair.

But anyhow, the call is more on OLM okaying it (we all saw how it wants the form gone from existence...literally) than TPCI.

Last edited:

ilteren

I don't forgive JN writers for retconning Misty.
In Ash vs Vasquez episode we saw all Kanto gym leaders' shadows. They showed Misty in Let's Go outfit not OG series or another anime outfit. Moreover Ash didn't mention she is his companion.
In the episode it seems Misty is just Cerulean City gym leader that Ash met and beat for badge. They totally retconned Misty and Ash's friendship in anime.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I don't forgive JN writers for retconning Misty.
In Ash vs Vasquez episode we saw all Kanto gym leaders' shadows. They showed Misty in Let's Go outfit not OG series or another anime outfit. Moreover Ash didn't mention she is his companion.
In the episode it seems Misty is just Cerulean City gym leader that Ash met and beat for badge. They totally retconned Misty and Ash's friendship in anime.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.