• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ash Poll

How Do You Feel About Ash?

• Total voters

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Well since May has a poll, I figure the star of the show should have one too. Now, Ash is the most popular character on the show as well as the second most bashed (next to Max). I figured we could tally what people really think of Ash. Is he a crap trainer? Your favorite character ever? Do you just like him? Is he sorta ok? Refrain from pointless flaming, the mods hate that and it will get the thread shut down

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Ash is quite handsome if I say so myself...sure his strategies are a little strange (and what some would call cheap), but his cleverness is what appeals to me.

Not to mention he's a real sweetheart to his team...

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
I Adore ash as you can tell xD And just crazy over him

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I love the way he's progressed with the series for one thing.

He went from a clueless, naive little boy who didn't know what the hell he was doing into the experienced trainer he is today. One of the best parts of the series is watching old Kanto Ash and comparing him to AG Ash, and there is a world of difference.

And anyway, more than half of the show is about him, so I can't possibly see how people can enjoy the show when he makes up most of it.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Satoshi's Girl said:
I Adore ash as you can tell xD And just crazy over him
I agree with you there, Satoshi's Girl. XD

And of course, in my opinion, not only is Ash one of the best trainers overall, but he is also a great person. He's kind, caring, friendly, energetic, brave, confident, funny, and determined.

Just the fact that he has all those nice qualities makes him a great person.

And even though the writers seem to physically 'abuse' him a lot, by having bad and/or weird things happen to him throughout the series, he always manages to get through everything okay. I find that simply amazing about him, and it just makes me love him even more.

But, anyway, my rantings aside, the main character of Pokemon has the best personality I've ever seen someone have. I think that's probably one of the reasons why they made Ash the main character in the first place (besides the fact that he's the character from R/B/Y). He has the perfect personality for it, and also, he will never give up no matter what. He's always trying to be the best, and is always training to become a Pokemon Master. And most importantly, he never gave up on that dream, and is still working towards that goal now. In fact, I'm positive he will do whatever it takes to make sure he becomes a Pokemon Master. And hopefully, the anime will make that dream come true for him someday.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well, it's all about his progression really, and the fact that he doesn't always do repetitive strategies. Whilst he'll never be the greatest trainer, you gotta admire him for what he's done throughout the program.

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
Why I think he's a awsome trainer and He looks so neat in his AG cloths and him & May are great couples.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm surpised no one has come in bashing him yet. I was expecting at least one ASH SUX type thing. As for my opinion, he's alright. A good main character with good development, but often too much of a Shouen stereotype for my tastes

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
intergalactic platypus said:
I'm surpised no one has come in bashing him yet. I was expecting at least one ASH SUX type thing. As for my opinion, he's alright. A good main character with good development, but often too much of a Shouen stereotype for my tastes

Most people who bash Ash did it during the Kanto-Johto days. It's a lot for the same reason people bashed May in early Hoenn.

Apparently, newbie trainers who are naive and don't know what they're doing get bashed. This is why Ash and May were bashed a lot during the beginning of their journies.

What people don't realize is the writers purposely make them naive and clueless like this so they can then develop them over the course of the series. As the show went on, Ash and May lost a lot of their cluelessness and naivete that they had early on. They still retain a bunch of it of course, because that's what the leading characters in shonen and shoujo anime have to represent, but it's less than the beginning.

GreenApple

Cherish the Day
I agree, Ash has changed throughout the series, and it's that growth that makes him an interesting character. At times he can be a little conceited, but it's typical of his character. He's one kid with a lot of energy, drive, spunk, and love that it's hard to not appreciate him for his wonderful qualities. I'm not a big Ash fan, but I do like his personality, especially in the more recent episodes. There's a lot of leaning towards shipping and whatnot, but what's an anime without a bit of speculation? I would like to see more of Ash's personality revealed, bit and pieces that prove his maturity and gained wisdom.

Crystal Clair

I kinda like Ash but he is a little overrated for my taste. Sometimes I dont like him though, especially when he defeats Butch and Cassidy.
But I love Ash, because he's been there since day one and I grew up with him.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Eh, I like him, but not a huge amount. He *has* changed throughout the series, and although he has one of the standard Shounen Hero Personalities(tm), I like his personality nonetheless. There are numerous examples throughout the series of how he's grown, such as how he went into full-on mope mode after losing in the Kanto league, but was much more mature about his later league losses. Interestingly, in AG, the series he's shown how mature he's become the most, his team veered away from cutesy unevolved Pokemon and towards cooler, evolved(or in the case of Torkoal, non-evolving) Pokemon. Part of that's because May takes up the role of being the one with the cute Pokemon, but it's still interesting that Ash's team made a jump in "maturity" as he did(it just took longer to show up, for obvious reasons). Of course, he still does stupid things now and then. Such as...
Picking up the stone Pokeball containing the King of Pokelantis shortly after having a boulder roll after him(and his friends) because of picking up a Pikachu statue. What was he thinking? "Gee, the last thing I picked up launched a big rock at me, but picking up this Pokeball and reading the words engraved on it won't do AAAANY harm at all!"?

Oh well. Even the best of us do stupid things now and then. It's what makes people human. :p

I was never "crazy" over him, though. He's just not the type I can fangirl over, really.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I love Ash, but not in a creepy fangirl like some here, but hey I seen worse, but one of the reasons I love him is that at times I could relate 2 him. He loving and caring, and he actually not self centered. And when the worse comes, he doesn't give up. He keeps on trying over and over again, and there is more than one way. And I like he developed through the series like Cybercubed said. Yeah duh, at first when you do something for the first time you will be clueless, but overtime you get the hang of it.

"He got soul, he got class, he got style," Okay manlupated with the new Christina's song, but its stuck in my head.

P

PikachuAdvanced

Hahaha, Ash is awesome. x3
He's my favorite character... Hasn't always been, back in 1998 I wasn't too fond of him. But alittle while after that he became my favorite character. ... has been for all these years. (Veronica Taylor being his dub voice helps... xP)

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
I am way too lazy to start ranting about him, but Ash is indeed my favourite character in the entire show, and I just may have an unhealthy obsession with him, but oh well. I like it.

Roeno

Well, Ash is okay. The only thing that annoys me though, is that he's so small. I mean if you compare him with other people, you can clearly see the difference. Other then that, I think he's a great trainer, with a great personality and he has the ambition to eventually become a pokemon master

Stephy

candies!!!11
Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus
Alright then...'Ash Sux In My Opinion'...

Okay, just kidding! He's one of my favourite charactors in the show, and I like because he's nice, caring to his Pokemon, and always helps those in need. He never gives up his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master, and that shows a moral to all our loyal fans who watch Pokemon...o_O...Or does it?

Anyhow, the show wouldn't be complete without him...As he's a main charactor of course, and well,

I just like him! ^^

Last edited: