• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Assassin's Creed Thread *Potential Spoilers*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, I'm surprised this thread doesn't already exist since the info we got at E3. This thread is to discuss the Assassin's Creed games. Do you like the series?? Are you excited for the new game??

If you've never heard of the series before, go here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed

Just remember to follow the forum rules guys and please be decent towards each other.

Enjoy :)!!

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I think Unity looks quite solid, the addition of co-op is certainly a nice idea if implemented properly. Black Flag showed there's still a bright future ahead for Assassin's Creed and I hope they can keep this up for future titles as well.

Recon

I find it ******** that Unity won't have female playable characters. All they would have to do is import the body movements of the male character onto a female body. Saying it would require more resources being the main reason why females were not included sounds like a lazy excuse. Not only that but I heard that there were female characters that would have been included, but were put off to the side and ignored for most of the development.

Sadly, this game will still sell no matter what and Ubisoft won't learn from this. They'll just throw it in the next game to appease us gamers so they don't suffer a PR nightmare again.

Recon

No one complained when AC1-V had male protagonists.

Yes because those characters were defined and established characters, kinda like Nathan Drake in Uncharted or Lara Croft of Tomb Raider. You had to play as them, no other choice.

However, with the customization in Unity and the potential to put yourself in the actual game, you would think that playing as a female character would be an option. Correct me if I am wrong but in recent years, almost every game with the ability to fully customize the main character had an option to be male or female. Mass Effect, Pokemon, Elder Scrolls, etc. are all games that allowed you to choose the gender of the player character with a, possibly limited, range of customization options that weren't just limited to clothes. That's why this is a big issue.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I find it ******** that Unity won't have female playable characters. All they would have to do is import the body movements of the male character onto a female body. Saying it would require more resources being the main reason why females were not included sounds like a lazy excuse. Not only that but I heard that there were female characters that would have been included, but were put off to the side and ignored for most of the development.

Sadly, this game will still sell no matter what and Ubisoft won't learn from this. They'll just throw it in the next game to appease us gamers so they don't suffer a PR nightmare again.

I think it could be cool to have a female assassin. I mean they proved they could do it with that one side game type thing they did with the girl assassin.

I think the main problem is that I would assume that the main players of Assassin's Creed games are still mostly male. Not trying to make excuses but I would assume males play it more.

With a game like pokemon, it's still rather even. Plus the game content is another reason. I think it is kind of like Call of Duty and not introducing a female main.

I myself love seeing bad *** female characters so I'm all for it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Ubisoft really dropped the ball and ****ed up by not including playable female assassins in the new game. They should have planned for them from the beginning.

However,

what pisses me off just as much is the stupid ****ing morons on the internet that say Ubisoft's animators are bad. That they're lazy. That they don't know how to animate women. That they're stupid. That they're sexist. These people have no idea how game development or animation works and as someone who just graduated and is entering this industry it pisses me off to no end. The animators are not at fault. They don't do the pre-production. It's that ****ing obvious. Do you think Ubisoft would hire these animators if they didn't know how to animate women? I would be incredibly lucky and delighted to land a job at Ubisoft as an animator. To have this negative stigma associated with the position by people who don't have any idea what they're talking about is disgusting.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So I've been watching the recent videos Ubisoft has been releasing on Youtube and I am so in awe of the detail that they've put into this game. Seriously it looks beautiful.

Slau

I'm (not) a rapper.
I've been watching a lot of trailers of Unity and I think it looks like it might be the best AC so far.
Arno seems like a really awesome and interesting character and the new crossbow-blade thing he has looks really cool.
The map also looks very beautiful and the updated free-running seem really cool too
I also think the new stealth systems are something we should have had in the games long ago. I think the co-op looks very nice too.
Ubisoft definetely did the right thing by making the game next-gen only. Can't wait for the game to comeout on 28th October!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wonder if the other three assassins can help you even if you don't have anyone else to play with online??

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Well I'm having to replay Black Flag thanks to Uplay losing my save files (I have no idea what happened there). As far as looking forward to Unity...I'm kind of on the fence a little, yeah it looks great and all but after Uplay deleted my files I guess I'm just a little distrusting. Also only one of my friends will be buying it for PC like me, the others for PS4 so I'm curious if there will be cross-platform compatibility...otherwise the co-op feature will be pretty useless for me.
And correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they already animated a female assassin? Aveline? or is that just my imagination?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well I'm having to replay Black Flag thanks to Uplay losing my save files (I have no idea what happened there). As far as looking forward to Unity...I'm kind of on the fence a little, yeah it looks great and all but after Uplay deleted my files I guess I'm just a little distrusting. Also only one of my friends will be buying it for PC like me, the others for PS4 so I'm curious if there will be cross-platform compatibility...otherwise the co-op feature will be pretty useless for me.
And correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they already animated a female assassin? Aveline? or is that just my imagination?

Ya but she wasn't on the main games or even a main platform. She was on the PSP if I am remembering correctly.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
I'm playing on PC and she's included on the AC4 menu as a bonus storyline^_^ I swear she was featured in AC3 though, that could be me mis-remembering things, it's been a while since I played 3.

And even so, people saying they haven't animated a female assassin before clearly don't know/remember her which kind of annoys me. I mean I get that they argue they haven't had one in the main game (assuming I am wrong about Aveline being in AC3) but even if she's DLC or just an added extra to AC4, she's still been animated and from what I've played of her; it's not much different from playing as Connor or Edward...if at all. I might kick AC4 up later and have a go and report back with my findings.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
So what does everyone think of Unity being pushed back two weeks?
They're saying they need to 'hone finer details to make the game exceptional' and that 'it'll be worth the wait'.
I know my die-hard assassin's creed fan friend will be almost livid as he's out of the country on the new release day.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
They're saying they need to 'hone finer details to make the game exceptional' and that 'it'll be worth the wait'.
I know my die-hard assassin's creed fan friend will be almost livid as he's out of the country on the new release day.

Honestly, i'm all for the wait. If Ubisoft wants to do some finishing touches on the game i'm all for that. I want them to release a final product that they feel absolutely comfortable with. I look forward to playing Unity when it comes out! I absolutely love the AC games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

The graphics are gonna be amazing so they can take their time.

I really wonder what the story is gonna be in the game this time.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
I can tell that I'm going to be broke by December, there's so many video games coming out in the next few weeks.
And I might as well kiss good coursework grades goodbye haha.

I feel as if the story isn't the same old "person rebelling against the authority figures because they're being an over-emotional mess" it'll be good.
But sometimes I feel as if these games (not necessarily AC games) are all following the same kind of storyline and it'll be just a slight variation of what I've played through before.
Then again I've been playing Dragon Age Origins everyday for the past week and I'm a little obsessed so that might have something to do with my judgement.

And I think we're all in agreement that the graphics are one of the hands-down most anticipated things about this game.

ebevan91

Unity is the first game in the AC series whose development I have actually followed. I didn't even play AC1 until after AC3 was released. Then I played 3 and then got Black Flag a couple months ago.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
In all honesty I only got into AC because Brotherhood was on offer and my dad just bought it on a whim (something along the lines of "you like killing things don't you?"). Then I played through AC3 just as Black Flag's hype was starting up, I didn't really follow that development until the last two months or so (mainly because I found some friends in college who were fans of the franchise).
The only possible conflict I have about pre-ordering Unity is the fact that the next Dragon Age game comes out around the same time AND GTAV for the PC is being released at some point...there is no way I'm going to be able to afford all three at once.