• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Atheism Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I agree.

A list of members along with the art we use would be a nice thing to have.

I'll even get it put together and message it to you.

L.F.D.
I've been thinking about it but we would have trouble going through the thread to find the members. Neferka did give me a list of members who have posted, I'll go through and peck out the actual members.

what do you mean pictures?

EDIT: I've just updated the first post with a list of members and I updated the rules a little bit too.

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
...What "banana"? Is that walking fish in your Signature the Darwin Fish?

Neferka

Gimmie Kiss ;-]
Could I join~? I very much believe in nothing theological hahah

Yay more members <3 Welcome :D

Spent about two hours going through old posts and compiling a list of old topics. I thought might be useful for the front page in a spoiler thingy:
-Has anyone had any issues in your life recently where people pushed the fact that your an atheist? (evolutionrex)
-Why are you an atheist? (Blue Mew22)
-Are your parents religious? (7 tyranitars)
-How many people that you know are atheist? (Blue Mew22)
-Which do you think starts the fight first, Atheist of religious people? (evolutionrex)
-How tolerant are you of Religions? (Murky Night)
-Have you ever doubted your beliefs? (evolutionrex)
-Have you ever gotten any serious hassle for your choice to be an atheist? (Extreme Floatzel)
-Do you think the world would be better if everyone was Atheist? (evolutionrex)
-Are your friends theists, atheists, or is it a bit of a mix? (Extreme Floatzel)
-Atheist or Agnostic? (evolutionrex)
-Even though you're atheist, do you still celebrate some religious festivals? EG: (Christmas, or maybe Hanukah if the rest of your family is Jewish, or something else) (Extreme Floatzel)
-Has anyone here had to deal with family/friends who couldn't accept your beliefs (or lack thereof)? (Pigglez)
-Has anyone here ever been to church before? (AzukanAsimbu)
-So you don't believe in a god. How do you think the universe was created then? (Extreme Floatzel)
-A little off subject but does anyone ever feel trapped? Like our whole life is just school, more school, more school again, college (school) and then we work for 40 years and by then were old people and we die shortly after. (AzukanAsimbu)
-Anyone ever see Christians wearing shirts that rip off real logos and turn them into Christian messages? (AzukanAsimbu?)
-Does anyone live in a Bible belt-ish area? (AzukanAsimbu)
-Uh, how about the topic of the Religious converters who come around every so often and annoy the f*ck out of you? Anybody had that happen recently? (Magic Dragon)
-As computers are becoming smarter there will come a time when the become smarter then us. As such they may eliminate us someday. Would you be willing to implant a program that made them believe there was a god so that they would not kill us? (ebilly99)
-Do you count Devil Worshipers as Atheist? (evolutionrex)
-Do you count people who don't believe that there is no higher power than the laws of physics as atheists? (Rayquaza Master777)
-What do you think of Creationism? (AzukanAsimbu)
-Anyone celebrating Christmas? (evolutionrex)
-How do you think life was created on earth? (evolutionrex)
-Do you believe in the Ancient Astronaut Theory, is there anything that sounds plausible? (evolutionrex)
-Have you ever put your Atheist beliefs aside to comfort someone? (Darato)
-Anyone ever hear of Tim Minchin [an atheist]? (Yanappu)
-Does your family know of your religious choice? (Yanappu)
-Has anyone ever harassed you or hurt you because of your Atheism? (AzukanAsimbu)
-With a majority of religions that have volunteer work, should Atheist have something like it too? (Darato)
-Did the internet have any part to play with what you believe/don't believe in? (Darato)
Please let me know if: 1. The wrong person has been credited 2. I've missed anyones topic 3. Some other third thing.

Also, here's a list of art:
93421063.png
(By Rise and shiny)
atheist.png
(By treeco123 *Credit is appreciated but not required.)
MACbanner.png
(By Pigglez)

Paste format:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6405/93421063.png[/IMG*] (By Rise and shiny)
[IMG]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4290/atheist.png[/IMG*] (By treeco123 (Note: Credit is appreciated but not required.))
[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/Zstrike131/MACbanner.png[/IMG*] (By Pigglez)
[/SPOILER*]
(remove *'s)

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Yay more members <3 Welcome :D

Spent about two hours going through old posts and compiling a list of old topics. I thought might be useful for the front page in a spoiler thingy:

Please let me know if: 1. The wrong person has been credited 2. I've missed anyones topic 3. Some other third thing.

Also, here's a list of art:
93421063.png
(By Rise and shiny)
atheist.png
(By treeco123 *Credit is appreciated but not required.)
MACbanner.png
(By Pigglez)

Paste format:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6405/93421063.png[/IMG*] (By Rise and shiny)
[IMG]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4290/atheist.png[/IMG*] (By treeco123 (Note: Credit is appreciated but not required.))
[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/Zstrike131/MACbanner.png[/IMG*] (By Pigglez)
[/SPOILER*]
(remove *'s)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :D

I've just added the new stuff to the first post, with thanks to Neferka and Durato.

Any way, so something has me bothered. Yesterday, another one of my friends said he's not atheist anymore. It sucks. All of my atheist friends aren't atheist anymore. It really makes me feel alone. I can't talk to anyone about my views becuase i don't know anymore atheist. The rest of my school are either to stupid to care or are super religious. It makes me feel a little sad. I want to find someone besides the internet to talk to.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Just one question about the art....why is the banana "the Atheist's worse nightmare"?

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Just one question about the art....why is the banana "the Atheist's worse nightmare"?
your question can be answered by a quote from Durato
Thanks, Devastator2000

We should use a banana in place of a Darwin fish.

For those that don't know Ray Comfort tried to use a banana to prove God was real by comparing it to a soda can and showing how it was made to be opened easy for us. Then someone else showed him how bananas and evolved over time from what they used to be.

Video link

No need to get into what it looks like he is doing :rolleyes:

L.F.D.

Neferka

Gimmie Kiss ;-]

I've just added the new stuff to the first post, with thanks to Neferka and Durato.

Any way, so something has me bothered. Yesterday, another one of my friends said he's not atheist anymore. It sucks. All of my atheist friends aren't atheist anymore. It really makes me feel alone. I can't talk to anyone about my views becuase i don't know anymore atheist. The rest of my school are either to stupid to care or are super religious. It makes me feel a little sad. I want to find someone besides the internet to talk to.

Ah, that sux. Maybe ask them to try to convince you to join them. Then when you destroy all of their arguments they'll see sense. You have taken the intellectually honest route. I predict, if they choose to remain religious, they’ll resort to the claim that ‘you just have to have faith’.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin

awwww i know what thats like
we'll be here to talk :)

Soriana

Musketeerific!
Newbie checking in! I'd love to join.

The condensed nature of the internet makes it much easier to locate those who share the same sentiments as me. In real life--especially in my country--we're rather few and far between.

Pokemon Geek

Doom Trainer

Thats sad. Wish you were as fortunate as me. Everyone i know are atheists and i have barely met any christians in my life. Unfortunatly not all of the atheists like to discuss or critize religion. -_-

Note: *Checks members list* I am there, yay!

7 tyranitars

Could I join~? I very much believe in nothing theological hahah

first of all, fire emblem for da win, second welcome :)

Yay more members <3 Welcome

wow 2 houres O_O I would have gotten bored on page 2 or something xd

Originally Posted by evolutionrex
Thanks!

I don't really have that problem here feel sad for you tho :(

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
tis a sad thing indeed ^

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Found the first ever Atheist club we had on here

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=75530

L.F.D.
Why don't we make long post like the old club? :p

Something hilarious happened in my computer class today. We're starting a report on the founding fathers of America. My teacher gave an example and typed in his computer "Benjamin Rush" on google and clicked on a website. the website showed a quote which was pro-atheist (can't currently remember what it was, so I'm looking it up). He then started talking about how most of the founding fathers of America, like Benjamin Franklin and James Madison, were very religious and began blabbing out how religion is good for society and stuff. I find it funny becuase Benjamin Franklin and James Madison has said many pro-atheist things. That just tells me that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.