• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Aura Storm! (835)

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Not going to lie, Mega Lucario looked really darn creepy in this episode.

I thought this was a rather standard episode with the only point of showcasing Mega evolution. Most of the characters felt pointless as usual, which still disappoints me.

zhixun

Overall, I liked this episode. It was a good set-up for Korrina has to learn to control this new ability she has gained for her Pokemon, and I think the Lucario going berserk scenes were unsettling in nature and got the point across. I did also like the role Korrina's grandfather had in this episode.

Same for me here about Concombre because he acted as a relief character and controlled Corni's Lucario from rampage very well. Although it is majority of Lucario's work but Concombre's skill is high enough such that the control is possible.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Eee lucario was real brutal to Pikachu, I like it :p

MounTE

Pros:
-More Mega evolution stuff
-We see the actual negatives of mega evolution (at first)
-Nice character dev on Korrina

Cons-
-Literally Team Rocket did nothing...why were they in?
-Serena had nothing.....seriously I like her premise but they need to give her something.

This episode also felt that Korrina and Lucario were the main characters in the story (just an observation).

Aetius

Watched the episde and my God, I loved how they made Lucario going completely berserk and fighting so brutally; I really liked the choice they made.
In any case I'm loving Korrina more and more, because she's adorable, funny and also determined to reach her goals.
You could say she's a female Ash.

As for her realtionship with Lucario, I think they're doing a great in work in portraying it and developing it.
I do hope that she will stay with Ash and the others for some more and also I wish that she could stay with them for the rest of the adventure, also because she deserves being so relevant in the plot, considering how much info she has given about megaevo; but that's just my opinion.
Looking forward to watching the next episode, in which, probably, Lucario will be able to control himself. :D

Last edited:

XxVascoxX

IS that the episode where MegaLucario got cray cray and kicked Pikachu while it was down.Well, i enjoyed this episode, was so cool to see lucario being possesed/going berserk.
Korrina is annoying in the anime and in the games, she deserve what happened to her.

i don't think the anime writer will ever broadcast such an episode again , nor will it be a change of theme of the anime.The anime is meant and designed for kids.

If the writers added some blood and slash limbs we would have got ourself a Pokemon Elfen Lied!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
i don't think the anime writer will ever broadcast such an episode again , nor will it be a change of theme of the anime.The anime is meant and designed for kids.

Hah hah, no. The only times they will take an episode like this off the air is if a man was kicking the president's dog around or if there was a lot of blood spilled down to the ground.

Haunter ゴースト

Just watched this.

Brilliant episode, it's one of the best in XY and potentially in the entire show. The two battles that took place were incredible i've never been so impressed. Also, judging from the conversation between Korrina and Ash at the end, it seems likely Ash will indeed battle Mega Lucario for his third Gym Badge, I can't wait to see how he wins.

9/10.

Infallible

Clear the Decks!
I loved this episode! It was just so amazing whether it was the battle between Mega Lucario and Pikachu or seeing Lucario get it's Megastone wristband. Korrina is so adorable when she's upset :3

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-23/japan-animation-tv-ranking-june-9-15/.75831
the episode got only 5.0 in japan tv anime ratings, i wonder if most people didn't find the lucario plot interesting hence why it would receive low ratings.

If it's not Ash owning the dog, I guess people are genre savvy enough to say, "And yet again his aura skill means squat against a Pokemon that fits nicely with it."

It doesn't help the line became taboo after the Unova League incident.

Last edited:

nameman

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
Well this episode was pretty interesting, although it's kinda unfortunate that Korrina's Lucario is unable to control its aura when Mega Evolved. Gurkinn scolding her at the end of the episode was kinda saying a lot about him, although it's kinda interesting to see that he owns a Lucario as well. Other than that this episode was relatively straightforward, seeing more of Korrina and Lucario plot.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
From what I've heard, XY has been languishing in general around 5.0 The storyline itself is not the problem.

prior to some cases where anime rating reach a 6.0 ( just like 6.2 in episode 18), the highest iirc was 6.4 if i'm not mistaken though i for get which episode had that over rated.

Vernikova

Champion
I liked that they're really developing Korrina now, so when Ash beats her in one episode whenever they have their battle, we won't feel like she was just another Gym Leader like Grant did. She'll probably end up being as one of the best written characters in XY going by what's usually done in this show. Mega Lucario seemed okay.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Luckily Ash has a lot of experience in dealing with newly evolved pokemon that go bananas. For a few seconds I was a bit worried that Mega Lucario was going to try and eat Pikachu.

I also like how Korrina seems to be sticking around for the time being.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
AshXKorrina wonder if it is a thing.

I also find it funny how the Lucario line gets so much love and the Zororark line gets shafted.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ortiz is starting to get a little better, ESPECIALLY when she lowers the sound of her voice. I swear, she sounds much better using that pitch.

That battle with Pikachu was a little intense, though I didn't like how forced the animators tried to make M-Lucario scary. I know physics can be defied, but making his mouth suddenly stretch out that long under its snout is...anatomically weird.

WHY ARE THESE TWO AURAHOLICS SUCH FOOLS?!?!?! Grandpa knows best.

I also find it funny how the Lucario line gets so much love and the Zororark line gets shafted.

Because either the anime or the games failed to make Zoroark popular. It didn't become the face of Gen V.

To me, I think Snivy's line is the face... The anime tried to shove Oshawott down our throats, though.

Pokegirl0102

This episode was awesome and loved the two mega Lucario. Looks like Korrina is going to be sticking around and i love her character so i don't mind.

thetamale

It was an interesting enough story given Lucario is overrated and mega evolution looks so weird, it's like power rangers or something "LET'S POWER UP! MEGA EVOLVE!" It's so out of place.