• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Authors' Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: RubyWyvern, Ruby, Wyvern, Mind-o-mag
Strong Areas: I am quite good with... well nothing but when i write it turns out pretty good.
Type Of Writing: I enjoy writing fantasy, horror, and mystery cause thats what i like to read.
Type Of Characters: i mainly write about vampires, edward elric, gundam, that sort of thing
Current Stories: none are out right now but a gundam book is coming out (see fan fic commertials)
Future Stories: a fullmetal alchemist story is in the works called Fullmetal Alchemist: Chain of Broken Memories.

Luckmage

Boulder Trainer
Name: Luckmage/Firey(on some other sites)

Strong Areas: I'm good in...er...fantasy and imagining things. No, really! xD Oh, and writing in first person!

Type Of Writing: Fantasy/Action/Adventure

Type Of Characters: I like writing "impudent and snappy" characters.

Current Stories: Kaleidoscope of Worlds: Fantasy/action/adventure thingy.

[OPTIONAL]Future Stories: None for now...

Writing Tips:

1) Just keep writing or "wait" until you get an appealing idea.

2)Always, always, always write in the point of view that you find easiest to write about. xD It can make a whole lot of difference in your fanfic.

Silentvibrava

Techno Teen
Name: Yes, I finally revealed that my name is Jillian.

Strong Areas:

I've been told I'm good at description, but I'm really good at creating plots and lovable characters. I always put a lot of history in some of my stories too.

Type Of Writing:

I'm really good at making readers agree with the antagonist.

Type Of Characters:

Characters that are profound thinkers are the ones that are most fun to create, but I like to make a great varity of characters with tons of different qualities. So, I like to make them complex.

Current Stories:

Ripples(PG-13)
Genre: Action/Drama/Suspense

(Big project)

Future Stories:

Rinlado

In the late Classical Period, a Ditto, who calls itself Rinlado, is inspired to make music after listening to Mozart's 'Don Giovanni'. The only problem is that Pokemon aren't looked as worthy of making music. Can this little Ditto prove them wrong?

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
NAME: The Great Butler. You may call me Emperor Butler, peon. ;)

FINISHED FICS: "Pokémon XD: Enigma Shadow," "Super Trouper"

CURRENT FICS: "Pokémon XD^2: The Return of Shadow"

STRONG SUITS: People say I have talent for creating good plots and characters, and I've also recieved praise for showing how to wisely use an 00ber Legendary in a fic. ;249-d;

WEAK SUITS: I have trouble with description, and sometimes I totter uneasily between mimicking the battle styles of the anime and the games.

CHARACTERS: Very realistic is what I like to do. Characters with troubled pasts, personality flaws, et al.

PLOTS: I'll do anything, if I can do it right.

Last edited:

The Pokemon Master

Master Trainer
Name:
The Pokémon Master. I need no other (though some abbreviate, and call me TPM).

??? (you need not know my age. It is an unnecessary and insignificant detail).

Strong Areas:
Coming up with the story, and even writing and proofreading it. My descriptions, ideas, plot, and humor are good (at least according to my readers...) as is my grammar.

Weak Areas:
Occasionally, I have trouble writing the story the way it is meant to come out. I finish a Chapter (or Chapter Part), look at it, say to myself No way is this ever going to be considered good... and promptly delete the whole thing and start again. Also, I'm nitpicky. I look over and over again for the slightest error (even whether or not I've used 'é's instead of 'e's for words like "Pokémon". I am usually much more forgiving when I criticize another author's work, though.). Together, this generally results in a much slower rate of writing than I could have otherwise.

Type Of Writing:
I like to write Adventure fiction more than anything else. It's mostly because that's about all I've read for my entire life (starting very early on. Think babyhood). I do try to introduce other elements to the story, however, including another favorite: Humor. I like to give readers a good laugh once in a while. Also, I tend to use first-person/Pokémon point of view. I find that it gives a better insight into the character than third-person. Also, I've gotten quite a few complements on in-story viewpoint swaps (not to mention the number of viewpoints). I also like detail, but not too much. I find that paragraphs of nothing but detail are pretty boring, not to mention that not many people (or characters) would just stand there for long enough to take in a paragraph's worth of detail (unless the view was something particularly breathtaking).

Type Of Characters:
My characters are a mixed bag. I borrow some created ones, and create some of my own. I prefer not to drown my readers in their life story all at once, though, letting it unfold over time (with the notable exception of main characters).

Current Stories:
The Legacy Continues. There's a link in my sig, so get over your laziness and scroll down a little if you want to read it. It won't kill you. This is a Pokémon fiction, and it is an adventure fic. The Prologue may seem unoriginal (as pointed out by my readers), but I'd like to think that it has now attained a split from that (my readers haven't complained about unoriginality for a while now). If you want more details, read it (I'm not posting an introduction to it. I'd probably end up writing a few pages worth).

Future Stories:
None for now...

Writing Tips:
Picture the scene you are describing in your head. Give enough details to give your readers the picture, then add more as the piece unfolds. Too much detail all at once is just something I really think detracts from the overall attraction of the story, no matter how vivid a mental picture I receive.

Use the chosen viewpoint of your fic to its fullest extent, while at the same time remembering its limitations (if any). Describe the viewpoint's outlook on the situation, including thoughts and senses (if applicable). These parentheses are meant primarily for the third-person omniscient viewpoint (one that I'm not particularly fond of, but I see its usefulness).

Give your characters a background. The longest background should probably go in the Prologue, if you have one, and provide details on the main character(s). Expand on these backgrounds throughout the story, don't give them all at once. Reveal other character's backgrounds a small part at a time, unless they are telling their life story or something (and even then, not everything about them will get mentioned, unless the entire fic is a life story).

Writer's block. The killer of fics and authors. The one thing we all dread about our fic. There are ways to combat it, mostly finding (as I call it) inspiration. Read books that are in the same general genre as your fic. Read your favorite book. Watch movies, especially (if there are any) movies on your topic. Watch your favorite movie. Listen to music, preferably about the same topic as your fic, while you write (make sure that you don't mind it and it's only in the background of your mind. The focus is on the writing, not the music).

Until we meet again...
;150;

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Name:
Smile Guy, or Smiley, or Smile, or SG, if you're really lazy.
14 -- (yes, I know, I'm not as old as some people think I am.)
Strong Areas
Yow. Toughy. I don't really consider myself strong or weak in any areas. I guess people seem to like my levels of description and how well they fit into the narrative. People also like how my characters are super-packed with all different kinds of emotion. Me, personally? Well, I only ever go for a plot that got more twists and turns, and slows and fasts, and dialogue and ecetera than imaginable!
Weak Areas
I often rush an idea. I spill it onto a page in the fear that I'll lose it -- which I did, once (damn, Microsoft, damn!), but this often means I've got this very clever story in front of me, then I realise I just have to put so and so in.
Type of Writing
Well, I haven't been fan-ficcing on Serebii for that long, but I have had a variety of different projects. Adventure fics I find are always great fun, I've done a couple of one-shot tragedies, murder-mysteries, I've actually written scripts for plays, long-time projects (one coming very soon that I've yet to reveal), fantasy, humour (everyone loves a bit of humour), etc, etc. Essentially, I try to be varied.
Type of Characters
Mweh heh heh! People are often impressed by my characters. I never make them one-dimensional characters only existing for a reason. I have full, fully-fledged characters with multiple emotions. Take Kate, in my current story: so feisty, and yet suddenly, BAM!, you see her weakness.
Current Stories
The Uprising -- Link in my sig. Go on... you know you want to check it out. It's an action-adventure with mystery and humour and surprise and tragedy and etc. You'll love it. Honest!
Future Stories
*Cackles evilly* You'll see! And people in the Review Club will learn first. But don't worry, it will not take over my Uprising.
Writing Tips
1. No exactly where you want to take the story and it's characters but don't be too afraid to stray off every now and again. You'll be surprised at your own imagination.
2. If you're really struggling for writing ideas then write about something completely random. About anything. Don't care what you put down. You'll soon get your ideas back on track.
3. Always, no matter how dull you find it, try and describe things. It will make your creation seem much more real. eg) "He walked into the pokemon centre" is awful compared to "The sun shining brightly into his eyes, Robert eyed the golden globe adorning the pokemon centre nervously. But, he had a job to do. Briskly, Robert walked round the trickling fountain and through the pink, sliding doors so associated with pokemon centres the world over." Description isn't limited to sight and characters. Use all your senses, use adverbs, clever verbs, adjectives and anything else you can think of.
4. Never write a segment of the story because your forcing yourself too. It must be for your enjoyment. Or it'll be rubbish.
5. Love writing and leaving.

-- Smile Guy

Name: On Serebii I’m known as Legendary Arcanine, but my real name is Katie.

Strong Areas: Typing chapters in less time than it took to write them by hand. And also, descriptions.

Type Of Writing: Adventure.

Type Of Characters: I have no idea what this means, but I’ve been told that I’m writing a Pokeshipping story.

Current Stories: Pokemon: Generation of the Clones... and Assassins: Servants of Darkness.

[OPTIONAL] Future Stories: Nana and Demon - Life After Snow Dogs. And The Legendary of Night.

Writing Tips: Always check Word’s spell-check option… if you don’t, and there are mistakes, people will point them out.

Last edited:

Hakura May

Xin Nian Dao!
Last Updated: May 11th

Name: Tavion, Tav, etc. Others have known me as Hakura May, May, etc.

Age: Eleven, but two more months until twelve. Just don't jump to conclusion, though. Don't go thinking I'm an annoying brat who doesn't use good grammar.

Strong Areas: Plot, characters, and descriptions. Characters are probably my best. I love to create characters and rack my brain trying to think up names for them, until I find the perfect one for him or her. I enjoy "being" the character almost when creating his or her personality, and deciding where he or she is going to go, etc. For plot, I enjoy making it twist and turn, so it keeps the reader hooked on. Cliffhangers, annoying, but nevertheless, one way to keep a reader on as well. Descriptions are another one of my strongest areas. I love to create vivid details that come within my head, and pass them on to a novel. I just love to describe many such things, so as I can almost be "in" the story, acting out as the main character. From towering mountains, and sloping valleys. Wherever you go in a story: It's a mega adventure.

Weak Areas: Proofreading, probably. I sometimes get a little impatient, because I want to hurry up and post the new chapter/novel. I've also mixed up "it's" and "its" more times than you can imagine. I never catch them, since I get so impatient. I have gotten better at being patient and spellchecking. Still a weak area, though.

Type of Writings: Adventure/Fantasy/Action. I love mega adventures mixed with fantasy, such as dragons, elves, and such. Along the adventure, sword battles, Pokemon battles, etc., always makes for a good Action story. If you ever read my fics, just note I'm a Fantasy lover.

Type of Characters:
I don't have a real set of characters I just stay with. I always move around to make the story more interesting. Also, many of my characters also move around as well, such as being a poor peasant, to a soldier in training.

Current Fanfics and Novels

Phoenix Feathers
phoenixfeathersr546453.jpg

Adventure/Fantasy/Action
PG-13: Slight violence and blood in battle scenes. Not alot of it, though.
Current Progress: Prologue is up, and a preview of Chapter One.

"Here, the first hammer stroke will fall, and it is here that the first chapter of the final legend will be forged..."

Risk
risk46354634.jpg

Adventure
PG

Current Progress: Prologue is finished.

"There are risks within every path and step you take. You have to face them sooner or later. A tiny tick in time elapses. Seasons still flourish and time will continue its journey. Chances won't come again, so take them. Trust your instinct..."

Future Stories:

Just A Phase
justaphase46546745.jpg

Adventure/Drama
PG

Coming Fall 2006

"Time doesn't rest forever. It changes, it moves, it breathes, it lives, as is the night sky."

Soul of Iridescence
rainbow4634634634.jpg

Adventure
PG
Coming Summer 2006

Every Kecleon is supposed to change color, right? Kayah is a normal Kecleon, except for one special trait...

Writing Tips: Replace boring words with vivid words. Always keep a thesaurus and dictionary nearby. Also let your imagination go wild. Don't be afraid to go a little off. Create a "background" with your characters. Give them details, and give them a personality. Don't "make" your characters, "be" your characters. Also when you have writers block, don't kill your brain trying to think up something. Take a break every now and then. Listen to music, read other peoples' fics/novels, watch your favorite movie, playing a game, etc. Something will give you a new idea sooner or later.

Banners made by Llybian Minamino. Arigatou!

Last edited:

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Name: Derek {FireKP1}

Strong areas: Polt, description. I know how to describe the areas of places and I plan ahead. I also catch most grammar mistakes

Weak Areas: Length. at this point not that good at longer stories although I'm going to increase the length of what I write.

Type of Writing: Stopping evil organzations that make shadow pokemon, maybe adventure.

Current Stories: Now the main writer for The Uprise Of Cipher. Cipher has taken over the region with Shadow Pokemon and are moving into other regions! Now two heroes must destroy Cipher before the whole world of pokemon is under control of Cipher.

Future Stories: None planned yet....

Writing Tips. Always describe the things in your stories. And take ideas from your reviewers.

ShadowCloud62

Child at Heart
Name: ShadowCloud62, ShadowCloud, SC....

Age: 13. Hey, just because I'm young does not mean I write in street talk or chat speak.

Types of Writing: Fantasy, Romance, a touch of horror....basically Fantasy

Types of Characters: Basically anything, from cheerful to dark pasts, mysterious to outspoken, I can do any character.

Strongest Point: Characters and plot. I find writing characters fascinating, just inventing and using their personalities to fuel the story and push it forward. Plot is something that just pops up into my head, I could be sitting in my house doing nothing and then a plot idea comes into my head.

Weakest Point: You guessed it, description. I am often straightforward and impatient, and I like to get to the point. I feel description slows me down. However I am working on this drastic flaw.

CURRENT WORKS:
Troid
PG-13
Summary: "My life changed forever....when IT infected me..."

FINISHED WORKS:
Time's Sweetest Illusion
PG-13
Summary: Who are you, Kay...? Who are you?

FUTURE WORKS:
I don't plan ahead. Usually my stories just pop up out of nowhere. ^_^

Name: Fallen Guardian, Fallen, Fallen1

Types of Writing: Science Fiction Adventure

Types of Characters: I like to create characters that are much more beneath the surface that readers can connect to. Although dark themes are often involved I try to provide some form a comedy in the characters to lighten the mood.

Strongest Point: From the reviews I have recieved from ACO (Armored Core Online) I have great character, plot development, dialog, and long chapters. But to be honest I really don't know, you'd have to tell me yourself.

Weakest Point: I feel that my biggest problem is conveying the battle scenes that I envision in my mind into my writing. Although I am working to rectify this it is a long process so you will have to bear with me.

CURRENT WORKS:
E.P.O.C.S.-Dawn of Sorrow
World Conflict (multific)
Red Dawn (multific)

FINISHED WORKS:
Sadly none at the momment. EPOCS is taking up all my time and will more than likely end up being a 400+ page fiction.

FUTURE WORKS:
I have already begun to brainstorm for the sequel to EPOCS DoS and also have thought about making a third book but it is far too early to tell.

Hope you enjoy my writing as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Name: Sunkern/Ben

Strong Areas: Length and descriptive are my main strong points. I started off writing for deadlines so I am used to writing alot in a short time.

Type Of Writing: I'm used to writing roleplays. I am new to fanfic.

Type Of Characters: I like to keep my characters mysterious, but my best characters are always ones that resmble me personally, as I am able to get right inside their heads.

Current Stories: Tealtraum/PG/Not yet Rated

Writing Tips: Set yourself goals. I like to set myself word count goals. Try to vary your descriptive and not repeat yourself. Never force descriptive. Try and structure your work well enough that people will be able to read it without skipping paragraphs.

~*Nobody*~

samonsterX
Name: Pokegirl/Samantha

Strong Areas: Twists

Type Of Writing:... I'll get back to you on that.

Type Of Characters: Off the top of my head and myself.

Current Stories: [thread=116267]The Spirits[/thread]

[OPTIONAL] Future Stories: All I need is a home ( Story of a boy and his Pokemon)

Writing Tips: HAVE FUN!

Arcanine Royale

Arcanine's Paw: A Fanfiction Collection

Arcanine's Paw: A Fanfiction Collection

-Updated 7.19.2006-

Name: Arcanine Royale (Sceptile Frost or Sceptile2G everywhere else)

Strong Areas: Description, word usage and choice, non-cliche plot and such.

Weak Areas: Desribing - too much, then too little, getting myself to sit down and write.

Type Of Writing: Pokemon Fanfiction {Journey/Fantasy}, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Type Of Characters: Heroes, arche-types

Current Projects:

Summary: Connor O'Brien hates his life. But when his one chance to escape it is taken away, what will he do?

Previous Chapter/Part: Chapter Six: From Master to Beginner, Part One completed
Next Chapter/Part: Chapter Six: From Master to Beginner, Part Two (50%)

Length: So far, fifty pages plus.

Rating: G so far, PG later on

Star Rating: 3.500 average, 4 votes

~ ~ ~​

Jump {OT} {One-shot}

Summary: A young trainer about to enter the Hoenn League ponders the words of a pokecenter nurse at the cliff edge. One step is the difference between a painless eternity and a pain-filled, yet rewarding life.

Length: Four pages at Verdan 12 pt.

Rating: PG

Star Rating: None as of yet.

DEVELOPED (POSSIBLY) UPCOMING TITLES
~ A list of titles for fics that I will most likely write ~

One-shots

Pocket Monsters: The Journey's End
Redlark's Song {Fantasy}

Many Chaptered

Breaking the Habit {OT, Action}
Jason's Quest {Fantasy}

UNDEVELOPED (POSSIBLY) UPCOMING TITLES
~ A list of titles for fics that I am developing and may or may not write ~

One-shots

The (Mis)Adventures of a (In)Famous Jigglypuff {Comedy}

Many Chaptered

The Tri-County League {OT, Adventure}​
And there I stood, in the middle of the ball diamond, a pokeball in one hand, my other holding up my beltless jeans.

The Legacy of Fate {OT, Adventure}​
Summer was the time I most loved, and the time that my journey of fate would begin...

Hoenn Quest: Emerald Saga {OT, Action, Horror}​
If you had called me a coward prior to January 8th, you would have been right. But after the fated day, I know what is out there. And I am ready to face it.

The Truth Unmasked {OT, Action}​
I am what most call a villain. But truly, I am possessed by a villian.

Silver Island Quest {OT, Adventure}​
The muggy air was the last straw. I tossed my pop over the decking, grabbed a pokeball, and set off for a better life.

The Majiks of Orion Trilogy
Three heroes, three majiks, three ruined lives.
Runecraft - Scholarly talents were all I had, until one day in the Royal Library I touched a ragged old, leather coated tome and began to read...
Witchcraft - The moment my parents sold me to a witch, I knew it was going to get worse before it got better. How wrong I was.
Starcraft - I looked up at the stars, and saw my wildest dreams come vividly alive...

The Clone Wars Trilogy
Poke Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Ariados
Poke Wars, Episode II: The Clone of Fate
Poke Wars, Episode III: Vengeance Entangled

The Stantler Wars Trilogy
Santa Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Santa
Santa Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Stantler
Santa Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Silph

Poetry

Arcanine Antholgy: Twenty Anime-based Poems
War of the Serebii / Fairy War {Fantasy}

Writing Tips:

1. Outlines help your writing. They provide a loose frame for your writing, and help it stay focused.

2. The dictionary, thesaurus, and writing guides as books and online are very helpful.

3. A few people online or inperson to encourage you to write are invaluable. They can range from siblings to friends to beta readers. Take your pick.

4. You don't have to write your chapters as they will appear. Heck, my upcoming fic, Emerald Saga, started when I wrote a Epilogue, and then I wrote the Prologue. Now, I am working on the League battles and the first few chapters.

Last edited:

Mysteria Pearl

Queen of Mushy-ness!
Name: Mysteria Pearl

Types of Writing: ROMANCE, fantasy, Mystery, Suspense, sometimes Drama

Types of Characters: People with a mysterious past, they come in all kinds. Mean, strict, sweet, kind, hunky, pretty, ones who hide their feelings and some ditzy (but not very many) I'm really good @ making them adorible!

Strongest Point: making people (the readers) crazy. Cute little romantic scenes; making people gag on the sweetness of it all :D And author's notes. They come to me randomly and people tell me that add a huge kick of laughter or even insanity to my works. Making things very stressful is also a very strong point of mine.

Weakest Point: um... making big long paragraphs (that everybody hates and skip over anyway) I kinda understand that narration seems boring to some people but to others they think i need way more of it.

CURRENT WORKS:
Cape Of the Ninetails
Summary: "When Misty and Ash are trapped in a midEVIL Rocket, run by the mysterious Ninetails Yolanda, the others are quick to help... well maybe not so quick, but in the meantime, in order to save Ash, Misty's marrying their king, and MEANWHILE there's just chaos everywhere else."
Rating: pg-pg13

FINISHED WORKS:
um... online? none so far, but COTN should be finished soon *tear*

FUTURE WORKS:
WEll, I'm working on a humongous crossover currently that includes Pokemon, IGPX, From Far Away, Naruto, Digimon, etc.

WRITING TIPS:
uh... don't make paragraphs too long or people will skip over them or fall asleep XD Tenseness is always good. Occasionally will give peeps a headache, but hey, who care? Que Sera Sera!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

PDL

disenchanted
how could I have missed this? oh well, here I go...

Name: PDL, or Jon

Strong Areas: Well, I've been told I'm good at descriptive paragraphs and creating interesting characters. There's also pacing between chapters so it doesn't go too slowly or too quickly.

Weak Areas: My chapters tend to be short compared to chapters of other fics, mostly because I have a short attention span and can't keep writing for several hours. Initially I hated writing in school (my handwriting is terrible, even my printing sucks.) So writing usually hasn't come naturally to me, hence the grammar and spelling errors that occur every so often.

Type Of Writing: I prefer comedy especially silly moments, with a bit of drama and action as well.

Type Of Characters: I've found I often create characters that are cute or interesting in some way, I can't bear to make them "suffer" though. I also prefer writing about pokemon or non-human characters over human ones.

Current Stories:

Sabrina's Story

Rated:pG
the adventure of a kirlia and friends

I had another fic called A torchic's idenity, but it's been pruned... perhaps I'll post it sometime in the future.

Writing Tips: It's best to "show" rather then "tell" don't just tell what your character or setting is like, give the reader sensory detail and make them experience what you want to describe.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Name: Judai&Sho(aka Straw_hat_boy_luffy, shbl, showcreator)

Age: Teenager(old enough to understand the good stuff lol)

Strong Areas: General Story itself. You know, actually writing and creating characters and storylines.

Weak Areas: Oy, composition, grammer, drawing etc. I write good but actually getting my thoughts down in story form isnt really something Im skilled at. Thats why Katiekitty has agreed to help me. That way, it will be easier to enoy my story.

Types of stories: Mysteries. I love them. I like to create shows similar to LOST. A continuing mystery that streches across the whole series.

Types of characters: I dont have a specific type. I create all kinds of different characers. I think its good to not stick to a certain type of character and spread your variety of characters out more.

Current Works: Extermination you can find it in the non-pokemon fics here. Outside of a certain chatroom, all but 2 people who have read it, liked it. Its inspired by LOST and uses names of characters from other anime but is an original story.

Finished Works: Cosmic Frontier, a manga summry thing I did for a while, went over big with the few kids that read it. Split, this was a mysterious one shot I wrote. It was pretty cool with the few who read it, if you want, PM to request it and I can post it here.

Future Works: Im thinking of doing a story called Nightmare Academy about a haunted school later this summer. It would only be 14 episodes. Tell me what you think i should do about that.

Writing tips: Stay motivated and try make your story appealing to others. Try to keep it original as much as possible and just try to entertain people. Remember, lack of motivation could cause you to ruin a great thing.

Last edited:

Banov

Of the Kecleon
Name: I go by Banov on this internet thing.

Age: Age doesn't matter; telling my age can only hurt my reputation with somebody older than me.

Strong Areas:
Argh! To name one of my own strong would be pretty conceited of myself. I'd say lately I've been focusing a lot on character development and writing individual chaacters.

Weak Areas:
Uninteresting plots is a weakenss which I'm pretty certian I conquered with my latest work based on comments I've gotten. Grammar would be one, since I tend to have a lot of typos, but I always proof-read plus I get someone else to read over the story for me before I put something up. I guess my weak point would be..... the pre-writing process? I tend to not plan enough before I begin writing, and I can be very fickle with the overall plot of my stories.

Types of stories: Usually an adventure- style where the main character changes location a lot. So far that hasn't happened in my latest work, though.

Types of characters:
As many as I can think up. I love a varied cast because if you've got 20 of the same person writing the interactions is really boring.

Current Works: The Forgotten Son, there's a link to it in my signature. It's a pretty angsty story (my first) but from the comments I've gotten it's going very well.

Finished Works: ...I'd be embarrased to put up previous works of mine. Each project tends to be vastly better than the last, so my last works are pieces of crap comapred to my latest work. Once I write something after TFS I'll probably be ashamed of that too....

Future Works: Ohhh, I just began a new one and if I began thinking about my next work I'd lose interest very quickly. Best not to look at this until much later. Perhaps I'll do a re-make of one of my last works which was corrupted by bad writing at the time but could be improved by my modern writing ability.

Writing tips: GOOD GRAMMAR. Nobody will read your story if it's got poor grammar.

When you write a story, try to incorporate lots of things you've never seen done before by anyone else- originality is key too. The journey story is/has become awfully static and uninteresting in the fanfiction world, so unless yours is vastly different from a journey story to the point where it can only remotely be called one don't expect too much popularity.

Oh, and good grammar's important too.

Did I mention good grammar?

L

linx_389

Name: Linx_389

Strong Areas: Fantasy, description, adventure.

Type Of Writing: Fantasy.

Type Of Characters: All types, but they usually have some way to fly and have some sort of magic power.

Current Stories:

Writing Tips: Whenever you are working in a completly new world, make sure you draw a map. You don't want to put a town in the east and it suddenly changes location to the west.

kitsune_boy389

OOOOOH PERTY!
Name: kitsune_boy389

Strong Areas: I'm good at description. I'm good at length and I'm good at Fantasy.

Type of Writing: Fantasy, Fan-Fics

Types of Characters: Usually males, always have some way to fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.