• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Authors' Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teal

Name: Teal, Terry, (T[h]eresa)
Strong Points: believable characters I must saay. All my characters have a motivation behind them, and are different from one another. They don't just see the world in black and white, there's tons of grey thrown in there, however some characters still do see the world like that.

I also posess the ability to describe in obscene detail, blessing and curse it seems. Although I do have a strong poetic-ness to my writing, overall as I said it is a blessing and curse, elegant yet it turns people away.

Type of Writing: Can't really say. Some would call it adventure, others would call it action, but I can't reall decide if it's either. Adventure is heavier, not so much fighting as plot. We'll go with adventure.

Type of Characters: Dark. All my characters have insanely dark overtones, and the only light-esque character in my current fanficc isn't really a good guy at all. His family was brutally slaughtered, he is a cold hearted murdered, and his entire point of life now is to create a war to end all wars. Dark.

Current Stories:

Shattered: My darkest story ever to say the least. Stars the famous Serynade

[Will finish later]

Name: Dragonfire, Blaziken's Emberz, Dark Bashamo, Cobalt, Denny, Pokémon Master Denny.

Strong Point: I've got to say that my characters are my strongest point in all areas of my fic. This really stands out. People say I make the characters realistic and in many cases, comedic, dramatic, or insane. I believe it was Elemental Charizam who stated that.

Weak Point: When it comes to description, especially when being criticized on The Cave of Dragonflies' forums, it's sometimes overdescribed or underdescribed. That really irks me. That's the reason why I keep editing my fics: To please the critics in the field of description. I shall beta it from now on - not for grammar, but for description.

Current Fanfiction: None. I am planning fourteen Fanfictions, about seven of which are one-shots. Five are trilogies, and the other two are sagas: not long sagas, short ones.

Future Fanfiction: I am only giving you the titles for my five trilogies. Nothing else, because if I was giving you summaries, I'd be here to midnight:

Tarnished Scars
Eternal Malevolence
Dreamless Nights
Doubts of the Perpetual Mind
Dragon's Flame (I'm thinking of changing to Dragon's Roar)
Wounded Allies (A military Fanfiction)

Writing Tips: Use dictionaries and thesauruses as resources as often as possible. Check your grammar, reread your stories to ensure it is good. Use paragraphing, quotation marks, length, description, plot, and characters. And make sure to let people beta it for you, just in case. A good person for the job is jirachiman876 - he's really good at notifying the tiniest of things.

~Dragonfire~

Last edited:

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Name(s): Negrek or Negrek the Slugma

Strong Points: I believe that my strongest points are action scenes. I am very proud of my pokémon battles, and I work especially hard to keep description balanced with action. I am also fond of my plots; they tend to be very winding and layered. I like to keep people in the dark and cause them to question their assumptions. And I'm pretty good at spelling, grammar, yaddah yaddah yaddah...

Weak Point(s): Romance. I suck at it. I don't really like to read it, and therefore cannot write it. You will see none of it in any of my fictions, at least up to this point.

Genre(s): I generally prefer OT fiction, and what I write is more or less along those lines. I also write one-shots on a variety of topics. Generally, my stories tend to be action/adventure with a bit of sci-fi/supernatural/mystery/fantasy mixed in.

Current Fanfiction(s): None on these forums. On FF.net, my main base, I have a few...

The Ninetales' Curse-- My first fiction, completed.
Clouded Sky-- My current fiction.
Here We Go Again-- Parody. Current side fiction.
Memory-- One-shot.
Broken Metronome--One-shot.
Was, Is, Will Be--One-shot.
Ugly-- Half of a one-shot pair with "Common."
Common--half of a one-shot pair with "Ugly."

Future Fanfiction(s): Lots in the works...

The Illness-- Pokémorph 'fic.
The Star Chaser-- Third in my pseudo-trilogy.
Demon's Breath-- Lugia one-shot.
Perfect Logic-- Porygon2 one-shot.

And a couple as of now titleless files floating in my computer.

Writing Tips: Don't ever think that you're too good to improve. Think before you write. Think, "Would this be how someone would actually act in this situation?" or "Would somebody actually say that?" Realism is very, very important, even in fanfiction.

And burn your thesaurus. They're a crutch and a terrible one at that. You'll use words wrong and look like an idiot while doing so. Don't use a word if you don't know what it means, darnit!

;218;

Last edited:
R

RedHall

Name: RedHall
Strong Areas: Writing is not really my strong point. However, I can come up with some pretty good plots.
Type of Writing: I like to write humor with a little bit of romance and vice versa.
Type of Characters: My characters are usually based on other characters in the story. For example: In my current story, Andy is very similar to Brock in the respect of his reaction to Officer Jenny. The difference is that he only goes for Jennys.
Current Stories: "A Pokemon Parent Trap"

I

icyrain

[Name] Icyrain
[Age] 14

[Strengths]
- description (or so I'm told)
- plotlines
- character development

[Types of Writing]
Outside of fanfic's I write fantasy... Or was writing fantasy, until I got a major writer's block... But for PokeFic's I generally prefer trainer fic's over oneshots... I like seeing a character and their pokemon develop together.

[Types of Characters]
Characters that are sorrowful, and situations, are quite simple for me to conjure up, as I tend to be a rather melodramatic person at times. I like to write characters with depth, emotion, and intelligence.

[Current Stories]
- << Soul Awakening >>
---Chapters 1, 2, and 3

[Writing Tips]
Eat cheese! Lots of it... or, if you prefer actual advice, don't try and force a story out... let the story come to you. If you force it, your story will sound terrible. Another thing: read lots of books! The reason I am able to describe well, is because earlier I read mountains of books, including the dictionary at times (yes, I'm weird), and now have a vast vocabulary that defies what most fourteen-year olds possess. ;) *Go nerd-ness!*

T.W. North

Kiss That!
Name: T.W. North
Strong Areas: I'm great at writing descriptions, battlescenes and (I hope, haven't tested it yet) Dialogue scenes.
Weak Areas: Plot. Compared to my sister my plots are rubbish (and half the time unimaginative). I sit down for hours and nothing comes...hate it. Personality...not so much having their personality come out slowly (I'm pretty darn good at that) but when you have to just describe it straight off (like when trying out for RPG's)...can't do it for hell. >.<
Type Of Writing: Lurve writing fantasy and battles (which often come under fantasy). Most of these are non-pokemon fics. Hate pokemon fics.
Type Of Characters: I like to write about big, burly characters most of the time, but also intelligent characters...who are usually pretty skilled at a weapon of sorts. Common, but...meh.
Current Stories:
Everywhere Everything
Basically how the world can change from familiar to strange in a matter or seconds. Can't remember the reviews, if you want to read it, you'll have to dig for it in the Non-Pokemon fanfic section

Team Terror's Reign
Don't bother reading it, I gave up ages ago.

Future Stories:
Bus Ride (title may change)
About a boy who can has sort of psychic(sp?) powers that allow him to read people's life-stories. Basically a whole lot of mini-stories telling the lives of random people.

The Sky City Series
Hopefully these three (hopeful books) won't be posted here because I want to get them published. It'll be a long wait though as I'm still on Chapter Seven of the first book. XD
Writing Tips: RULE NUMBER ONE: Don't give up/be lazy. That's my one weakness. Almost all the stories I start I never end up finishing. You must be viligant (not sure if it's the right word to use though...)
RULE NUMBER TWO: Don't use cliches! If you do...well your probably doomed from the start. If you use them on purpose on the otherhand, it might be okay, but you should try to avoid them at al costs. (something I'm failing at rather alot lately).
RULE NUMBER THREE: Be imaginative! Don't do something that everyone else is doing or has already done! Your never going to be successful if you don't. Almost all classic books were a first in their time. You can do it too! (That last sentence sounded wierd...)

Last edited:

Crystal Walrein

非常に熱い水晶
Name: Crystal Walrein (also Cross Stinger, Devlin, Deoxys, regice, just follow the links)
Strength: News reports and research papers on Pokémon. Also strong in adapting the movies.
Weakness: Drawn-out fiction, e.g. plays.
Type of writing: Reports and articles. Sometimes entries.
Types of Charactes: In the stories, Pokémon and their trainers, and governments. Most stories involve European trainers.
Current Stories on SN: Ditto and Castform banned from standard tournaments in Spain (Associated Press style article); The Mewtwo and Deoxys Lecture (a lecture on Mewtwo and Deoxys)
Future Stories: A Look into Team Rocket, Feebas and Magikarp Exposed, Rayquaza labelled endangered species by Brazilian government (AP), Latios molested in Indonesia (AP)

Vortex

*Insert Usertitle*
Name: Vortex but my IRL name is Mike.
Strength: Description manily and I'm somewhat good at character devolpment.
Weakness: Grammer! XP
Type of Writing: Anything goes with me, depending on my mood.
Types of Characters: Pokemon and trainers, usally the story is starring people though.
Current Stories: Pokemon: Southern Tournament, about a tournament, a legend yada yada sick of repeating it lol. and I Promise, my new Hoennshipping fic!
Future Stories: Cascading Shadows about a girl caught between good and evil and on the run from both sides and has no where to go to but her old boss who has been missing for years. Silver's Desire about the story of the rival, Silver/Kamon.

K

Kain Blackthorn

Name:Kain Blackthorn
Strong points:Well, it could be creating situations between the characters.
Weak points:Everything isn't a strong point.
Favorite genres:Humour, Action/Adventure, and also some shippy fics :)D)
Current Stories:Crystal Quest PG-13. Genre still unspecified.

Saya

Member for 15 years
I don't know why I've never bothered to post my profile. I'm just lazy now days. Well, anyone who actually cares will be able to look at my upcoming works now I guess.

Name: Saya (Rachel)

Strong Areas: Most people say my ultimate strong point is description, but sometimes I'm not so sure. At the moment, though, I do agree with them. My description and writing has improved imensely over the past two months since I last posted a chapter on Learning to Heal the Hurt. I'm getting better at length too. Most of my chapters tend to be 8-10 pages on WORD. Last year I was barely getting two per chapter.

Type Of Writing: I am an action/adventure type of writer. Most of my stories end up encorperating fantasy of some kind too. I love fantasy. Though I love to read romance, I'm not too keen on writing it.

Type Of Characters: Angsty characters who are angry at the world tend to end up as my main characters. They usually end up with one happy-go-lucky friend. I don't know why, but it just happens. I guess I stick them in to lighten up the story a bit.

Current Stories:

Learning to Heal the Hurt - Book I: Fire Red
This is my rewritten Learning to Heal the Hurt which is now out. Rated PG-13.
Summary: It all began on a completely normal day. After a freak accident happens that changes thirteen-year-old Talia O'Connel's life forever nothing is ever the same. Running off to get revenge on Pokemon for the death of her mother Talia is completely lost in her rage. And when she finds a strange red stone out in the forest, unbeknownst to her, an inevitable string of events has been put into play. Will Talia be able to survive this madness?

Future Stories:
Books II & III in the Learning to Heal the Hurt Trilogy

Learning to Heal the Hurt - Book II: Blue Steel
The sequel to Fire Red. Rated PG-13.
Summary: After barely escaping the evil clutches of Team Steel and the devastating destruction of the S. S. Cactus, Talia O’Connel struggles desperately to bring the severed strands of her life back together and learn the ropes of her new quest. But after the cruel death of one of her close comrades and the continual threat of Team Steel, Talia is overcome with the extreme grief and pain of her difficult quest. And now, with her endless fight against the stone she’s meant to protect coming to a head, Talia is extremely close to breaking.

Learning to Heal the Hurt - Book III: War of the Stones
The final book in the Learning to Heal the Hurt Trilogy. There is currently no summary for War of the Stones. Rated PG-13.

Writing Tips: Useful tips...hmm. Well, I'm not too good at this, but one thing I can say is that to succede in writing you should never give up. Oh, and absolutely DO NOT forget to use description. That is what half the writing is about.

~Saya~

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Name: Hunting Guard (Daniel)
Strong Points: I suppose my strongest point in my writing is the description. I try to describe everything I can. Another would be that I, due to the fact of talking almost non-stop in real life, can create a good dialogue.
Weak Points: My weakest points would have to be length. I have improved since i started here as ralts'r'us, but I still can't compare to some of the other writers on here. My average chapter is usually around four pages on Microsoft Word.
Current Stories: At the moment, I am in the middle of writing/posting Afresh, my Animé fic, and Human, my controversial fic. The reason I say it's controversial is that the main character [SPOIL]will be gay[/SPOIL](don't read that if you are reading the story).
Future Projects: Apart from the fic I'm co-writing with treeckoknight23, I have ideas all over the place, inspired by everything I see. I get inspiration from almost everything, it's crazy.

HG

K

Kain Blackthorn

My profile updated.

Name:Kain Blackthorn, DSX, WildHunterX in FanFiction.net, also Gate.EXE.
Strong points at writing:Maybe creating situations between two or more characters.
Weak points:Everything else.
Type of Writing:I prefer writing humorous fics, but I can write also Action/Adventure, and some shippy fics :)D)
Current Stories:Crystal Quest (PG-13) Genre still undefined.Maybe Humor, maybe shipping, maybe something else.
Future stories:None for now.
Tip for aspiring authors:NEVER GIVE UP. No matters if someone says "your fic sucks!!" or "you are a fing writer!!!!", never leave a story uncomplete. Try to become better everyday. There is always a tomorrow.

Black Angel

Missing In Action
Name: Black Angel (B.A for short)
Strong Areas: Original plot. You'd have to have read any short story or fanfic I've ever written to actually know this, but I can pretty much come up with an original idea out of nowhere, then again anyone can if they work hard enough.
Type Of Writing: I usually lean towards action/adventure and sometimes romance.
Type Of Characters: My main character is usually a guy. I try to change their personalities around everytime, one could be full of himself, another clam and secretive, another perveted and greedy and etc. My female characters usually follow the same personas except I've tried a new one. Innoncence is what I'm currently doing with my newest female character, she's asks a lot of questions, can't see how perverted her brother is and usually gets him into rather awkward situations where other's might question their relationship.
Current Stories: Two Sides of The Same Coin. (PG-13) Everything seems obvious at first but in later chapters you'll start to question both the protagonists and the antagonists actions and motives.
Future Stories: None planned as of right now. I may do a one shot soon, but if I can't get enough support for my current fic I may go back in to the trainer fic genre once again.
Writing Tips: Most have been said before, but I'll lend some advice. Have an idea you think is great? Go with it. Someone tells you they don't like it? That's their opinion, there are still those who like it. Don't take honest critism to hard listen to what they say and improve on it. Don't let too many good reviews get to your head either or you'll start slacking off.

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
Name: Michelle, Saber, Moombaforce on FF.

Strong points at writing: Suspense, Lengthy plots

Weak points: Grammar, Ending fics. >D

Type of Writing: Drama, Adventure, and Romance mostly. I like writing crypitc stories that dont show their true faces until the end.

Current Stories: Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates. Action, Romance, Drama....neh.

Future stories: Pokemon Revelation, Sevii, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier. Possibly some one shots, I'd like to give it a try.

Tip for aspiring authors: Take inspiration from everything and let your ideas bloom from there. Tell me about an author who hasnt gotten inspiration from another source and I'll eat my shoe. >D

I

Insincerus

Name: - The Cheshire Cat, "Chessy" to very few, Tyranitar, T, and Braxton
Strong Areas - Well, I have a strange talent in horror/suspense, because of the terrible things that go on in my mind :D I also have a strange sense of humor, so I couldn't exactly tell you that I have a nack for humor, but one thing I know that I do have is the ability to over describe things ^^;
Type of Writing: - Horror/Suspense by far. Not to mention adding comedy, fantasy, and adventure to the mix, which is an odd combination if you ask me.
Current Stories: - Mostly all of mine have been deleted because I did not finish them :p But I am currently working on a real-life novel that I have devoted every available second to, and I am going to stay committed to it. You could look for it in couple of years if you wanted. It is going to be called, "Tainted Dreams: Part I: The Revelation." I can't really tell anyone more than that, but it is going to be a three-part trilogy divided into *gasps* three books!
Future Stories - After I make my debut with "The Revelation," I plan on releasing two other books called, "Tainted Dreams: Part II: The Revenge" and "Tainted Dreams: Part III: The Resolution."

C

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping

Name: Rafael
Strong Areas: Something which involves a lot of description. I'm a piner for perfection, so I always make sure whatever I'm writing is perfectly descripted and also I love writing intellectual dialogue
Type Of Writing: I've only ever attempted to write Adventure/Journey fics of which I try and twist as much as possible
Type Of Characters: Any type, that would help the storyline. I love funny and adept characters with a lot of depth to them, of which most of their true selves don't get revealed till deep within the fic
Current Stories:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness-My story prediction of what the new game will be like. A boy whose past is cloudy to him and is notorious for having premonitions has all his life questions answered and is set on a journey to stop Cipher's evil plans.

Tips for other authors: Take your time and be creative. Trust me, thinking of ideas is a lot harder than getting grammar right. If you think grammar and spelling take a lot of time, ideas can take even more. Daydream a little, it could really spring up some ideas for you when you're bored

Last edited by a moderator:

Klaus

TOMATO BERRY!
Name: Klaus

Strong Areas: I would have to say,comical type of writing with ironic comedy and
refrences to the real world. And making it dark and kinda depressing, and get to you mentally.

Type Of Writing: Horror,romance and adventure with a tad bit of violence.

Type Of Characters: I can kinda write with every character. My favortie kind of character is ones I can twist into my own liking.(A.K.A Making Misty, the most beautiful thing in the world, making Max into a perverted little child.You get the drift)

Current Stories: The clash of the Legends.
The Redford Trainers.
Kris and Taylor's Adventure:Johto

Future Stories: Revenge of the Mimes and A look into the past: The history of Kris.

Writing Tips: Always make sure its understandable to others and put a little of yourself into it and don't give up just because of what someone said.

Last edited:

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
OK, here we go! ^_^

Name:
Water Spirit, WS, Spirit, yeah, whatever I get called XD

Strong Areas:
Hmm... definitely good with imagination, creativity, imagery and currently getting stronger with description. Originality is by far a strong point, along with writing closely to the anime. Twists, cliff-hangers, suspense - I guess I'm lucky to be quite well rounded, however I also have many weaknesses.

Type Of Writing:
Romance, Action/Adventure, Fantasy - the same as my reading interests. Currently, my two fics are both AAML/AAMRN.

Type Of Characters:
Well, to be honest, I find all characters fairly easy to write. I'm pretty flexible about writing any type of character, which I suppose give me a bigger variety for character development. It's strange, you ask me to write a character and I'll just get on with it – whether the final product turns out good or not is up to you! XD

Current Stories:
At the moment, only two:

Fate and Destiny of Friends –

Misty has been looking after the gym for her sisters and receives an invitation to attend a Pokemon Demonstration at the Sootopolis Gym. Secretly knowing that her friends in Houen are journeying there, after an email from Ash, she reunites with them and ventures with them on a number of unforgettable journeys through Sootopolis and forward to Ever Grande City, where Ash is to compete in the Pokemon League…

Ash and Misty’s friendship has reached a pinnacle height after their trust and relationship strengthens through the difficult tasks they both have to endure. Along with the help of their friends, they brave the powers of Nature after the Blue Orb at Mount Pyre is stolen, face the Legendaries of Houen, battle through the raging seas, and dangerously face the challenges of love and romance.

An imaginative novel that is enjoyed widely by a variety of readers and continues to relive the spark of hope that the romance between Ash and Misty still burns to this current day.

Reunited For Christmas –

A one-shot AAML set during the festive holiday where Misty returns back to the group to spend Christmas with Ash, Brock, May and Max. Shortly after their reunion, Ash confesses that he has yet to buy presents for his friends. On his tour of the town, he manages to find his ideal gifts, with Misty’s help, though a certain surprise is left for the disappointed female…

A heart-warming, festive story that lightly entertains in the mood of Christmas with a delightful twist that is sure to leave a ‘shocking’ statement.

[OPTIONAL]Future Stories:

Hmmm…. I don’t really know whether I should fill this out because I don’t think I’ll be writing any more… maybe I’ll put them up and then I can always take them down:

Sacrifice For a Dream:

If I do go through with writing this one, it is going to be very long and detailed and above all, time consuming – hence, my difficult decision to complete it.

Forced to accept her destiny to become the Gym Leader of Mistville, Marina has grown up despising Pokemon and the prospects of becoming a Trainer. With the constant verbal torturing of her brothers, she has become independent, with the exception of her closest friend Cody, who dreams like most boys, to become a Trainer. Understanding that his friend does not want to become one herself, he holds back his dream to stay with her and to help her avoid the constant nagging of her relatives to become a Trainer. But Marina knows the time has come. She can’t bear to see Cody suffer the loss of his dream because of her and knows that she must make a sacrifice, a sacrifice that will help Cody fulfil his dream…

Saving Cerulean:

A possible one-shot/mini story that might make its debut in the summer. Cerulean City is under threat of the notorious Team Aqua, who plan to take over the city where “Water Trainers are Born”, to control those who wish to train Water Pokemon, and to convert them for their own malicious deeds. As the Leader of the Cerulean Gym, Misty puts up a terrific defence in an attempt to repel the organisation, only to fall at their hands as a captive. On his journey back to Pallet, Ash and friends hear the news of the devastating ordeal at Cerulean when they arrive in Mrs. Ketchum’s living room. Without hesitation, Ash rushes off to save his best friend and her hometown from the evil-doings of Team Aqua, hoping that she is safe and well and not lost to him and the world she is loved by…

This will be a short story that I might have a go at writing on holiday so it will probably be up at the end of the summer holidays.

Just For You – A Pokeshipper’s Tale:

Perhaps a possible name change for this but I know a number of you are looking forward to this one. ^__^ Making a debut in the summer – we hope.

Thirteen friends are living together on an island located in the Orange Archipelago – though perhaps not ‘who’ you are expecting. Yes, thirteen Pokeshippers are living together in a massive lodge equipped with everything they’ll need to get along together. This story will bring to life some of the users here at SerebiiForums and put them to the test as friends and fellow shippers, as they encounter a number of adventures and put their skills to the test on living together as one with possible elements of romance between some of the characters…

Water Spirit, Peach, gladdecease, xsweet_peax, Stacee, Coral_Eye, MistyMix89, pokeplayer984, PokeProphet, Brian Powell, Blazing Charmander, General Solcray and DragonMaster13 – prepare yourselves for the journey of a life time!

Writing Tips:

OK here we go then – Water Spirit’s Top Ten! ;):

1) Use a thesaurus. It’s great for when you get stuck for words and is perfect for variety. One of the best books ever created!

2) Be original with your ideas.

3) Make sure to proof read your work for mistakes (something I really need to do more of ^_^).

4) If you’re stuck for ideas then listen to some music that you think relates to the scenario that you’re trying to relate to, or even by writing in a place that you are familiar with – preferably with a window because this usually helps for inspiration.

5) Allow your imagination to wander and trust your instincts.

6) One thing that I always hate when reading a fic is when the speech isn’t paragraphed properly – it gets confusing when speech is next to each other, so every time someone speaks, make sure to paragraph it so that it’s away from the main text and other speech – it basically makes it easier to read. ^_^

7) Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. That’s one of the joys of writing. Accept other’s advice, as they are only trying to help you and it will also help you to become a better writer as you learn from your mistakes.

8) Writing is an art enjoyed by the author, regardless of what the world may think of it. Don’t feel disheartened by negative comments against your work – accept them and accept any advice that comes with it. By doing this, you realise and discover problems and weaknesses you may have in your work and this will help you to improve it further, or to improve future parts in your story. It creates a manner of self-achievement and more of a joy for readers that you want to share your work with.

9) Something I tell everybody who asks me anything about writing – don’t go on a desperate search looking for inspiration. Inspiration strikes in different ways and at different times. Some people go looking for it and others let it hit them. Though from my personal experience, looking for desperate inspiration is like looking for the end of a rainbow – it can’t be done. Inspiration is everywhere around you and if you take your time and understand all the possibilities around you, the inspiration will find you or in other cases, you will find it. There is nothing in this world that can’t spark some originality or inspiration for those who enjoy the art of writing – waiting and understanding why you can’t find your inspiration achieves much more than desperately looking for some and resulting in nothing or poor quality that isn’t up to your usual standards.

10) And then, there is always the case with writer’s block. Perhaps a writer’s most dreaded and hated enemy, it can be difficult to get rid of. However, there are ways to overcome it.
Firstly, understanding what the problem is and reading over your work again can help to jog your memories for ideas, or what can also help is to personify the situation. This can be hard, however, for those who can do it, the exercise can be very rewarding.
Put yourself into the scenario that your characters are in that has caused you the writer’s block, or place yourself in the setting etc. – whatever it is that has caused the problem. Now, relive in your head what has just happened in the story up to the moment of the writer’s block – with you pretending to be the character/part of the situation. What would you do next? If this was happening to you, what do you think would happen next? If you can’t imagine yourself as the character, what would you do personally, in this situation?
By asking these questions and living out possibilities in your head, you can often overcome the writer’s block and still come up with great ideas to carry on with. However, remember the rule to this exercise – you must still keep your characters in their roles and your ideas after personifying must be believable to the rest of the story. You couldn’t just have Jimmy who is very shy, turn around and beat up all the bad guys with his bare hands because that is what you would do in the situation. ;) The idea of using yourself if you can’t imagine yourself as the character can give you ideas that you can base and perhaps use, or alter and adjust to fit your character’s scenario. This idea is similar to a normal drama exercise of stepping into the character’s shoes but works great for writer’s block if you can manage to use it effectively.

Well, there you have it. You’ve learnt a little bit more about me and hopefully my advice might be useful to some of you but if not, well, hope all goes well for you and your writing and ignore my waffling on. ^_^

T

Ted Toss64

I feel honored to join the Inner Sanctum that is this forum:

Name: Brendan (Real)

Strong Areas: I like to write stories people don't write about normally, pokemn or no. I've lately been writing alot of Fanfics relating to Pregnancy. Some would find it wierd for a guy like me ot write about that in almost every fanfic I've done. I manage to keep it clean as well.

Type Of Writing: I did an Epic that lasted two years. I kid you not, it took me two whole years to finish. I like to write Adventure, Fantasy and stuff that normally don't happen in my fanfics.

Type Of Characters: I prefer to use Original Characters. That's why some people are confused by my writings sometimes. Almost all of them ending up having kids as well.

Current Stories: I pasted the following (numbers retained) from Fanfiction.net:

1. The Ultimate Battle: Ted Toss VS Ash Ketchum
Summary (as of Ch 7): Only Ted and Ash Remain. This is it. There can be only one winner! Read on to see the surprise ending to this awesome battle!
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 7 - Words: 10845 - Reviews: 8 - Updated: 5-26-05 - Published: 12-16-04

3. Hurricane Kyogre
Summary: Based on the 1995 Movie "Free Willy"--with Kyogre playing the Whale! After getting captured by humans, Hurricane builds a close friendship of trust with two teens. In return, the teens vow to free him once again.
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 621 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 5-26-05 - Published: 5-26-05

7. Advance Generation
Summary (as of Ch. 6): Joined by Cal, Fin and Katrin reach Mt Moon-only to run into Wes, Rui AND their dad! Not only that,Ted and Wes battle Team AQUA AND Team MAGMA! If that's not enough, Wes discovers Team Shadow has a VERY Powerful Shadow Pokemon!
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - General/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 11677 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 7-11-04 - Published: 4-27-04

15. Pokemon Pregnancy
Summary: A Girl becomes pregnant by a pokemon anf gives birth to a Pokemon-Human hybrid. Did I mention Ash is leader of TR?
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: T - English - Mystery/Supernatural - Chapters: 12 - Words: 15684 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 12-24-03 - Published: 5-17-02

9. Pokemon Pregnancy: The Alternate Ending
Summary: Alternate Ending to the above Fanfic.
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3003 - Reviews: 0 - Updated: 4-30-04 - Published: 4-30-04

14. Pokémon: Fusion Evolution
Summary: Part 1 of my Pokemon Epic!
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: T - English - Action/Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 8 - Words: 10523 - Reviews: 8 - Updated: 12-24-03 - Published: 1-9-03

11. The Evil Empire
Summary: The War in Kanto Unscripted.
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: M - English - Action/Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 14 - Words: 28923 - Reviews: 2 - Updated: 3-8-04 - Published: 12-24-03

10. Ash Ketchum Must Die
Summary: The war in Johto Unscripted.
Pokemon - Fiction Rated: M - English - Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 12 - Words: 20413 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 4-27-04 - Published: 3-8-04

List all of your current stories that are out. Summaries are optional. For stories, list rating, star-vote counts, genre, ect.

Future Stories: None at this time.

Writing Tips:

1. Don't make your work Review Driven. If you do you're no longer writing the story. The reader is.

2. Be prepared to recieve negatve critique. If someone doesn't like something about your story, they're entitled to say so.

3. Beware the trap of Contest Fics! Sure, it's fun to do if you have alot of online friends but you're also pressured to make everyone's Oc "look good".

4. Write in a way that is most comfortable ot you.

5. Don't Plagarize. I sue in particular.

6. Don't rush out chapters. People will loose interest.

7. Have an idea for what you want to write as you write it.

8. Use proper Grammar, even if English isn't your first language.

9. Don't be afraid to put a fic on hiatus if you need a break. Everyone feels the need sometimes.

10. Write because you ENJOY it.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
Name: purple_drake, pd, Doctor P

Strong Areas: Uhm... word usage - or so I've been told. I've also been told my depth of character personality is excellent, and been complimented on my pokemon battles - particularly the choreography. Plus spelling and grammar; rarely have my readers needed to point out mistakes. Oh yeah, and length. *sweatdrop* I write an awful lot.

Type Of Writing: I'm not actually sure. Fantasy would be a definate; but I prefer using the pre-made pokemon world as opposed to creating my own, so action/drama I guess would be the main genre of my fanfics.

Type Of Characters: When it comes to my own characters, I can go with anything; I love creating diverse characters. But I also love using the canon characters - whether the ones from the anime or the manga. Not Ash; we see heaps of him, but I prefer to look deeper into the personalities of the minor characters like the gym leaders/Dani/Lance and so on. I believe they're shamelessly underused.

Current Stories:
Heart of the Magma - Short story
When Team Magma was first formed it wasn’t intended as a Team in search for a perfect, ocean-less world. It wasn’t even a Team in search of domination. It was a Team in search of information and knowledge.
But what happens when the leader’s wife dies in childbirth? What happens when she leaves behind his only child, a baby daughter? What happens when her father pins all his love and care upon her? And what happens when she begins to yearn for adventure?
What happens?

Choice and Consequence - Chaptered fic; currently at chapter 8.
Alto Mare. The city of water. For Keegan, it is the city of chains. Found upon the water eight years ago, as far back as she can remember Keegan has lived with her foster parents in the sprawling city; but her memories are incomplete. Her closest friend is an eevee who has been with her since before her memory began; her most prized possession is a gold-chained fire stone pendant, given to her by persons unknown.
Tired of her restrictive parents, Keegan runs away; to search for her dreams and test herself against challenges. And on the way, discover her past. But outside her sheltered life it is a whole new world; her inquisitive nature and her perchance for disregarding the rules soon puts her under the eyes of friends and foes alike, and she realizes that for every choice there is a consequence.
The question is, will her decisions carry her along the relentless path to discovery?
Or will they destroy her and leave her in despair?
4.5 stars, 6 votes

Future Stories:
Brother My Brother
When two eevees are left abandoned by their trainer, the stronger vows that they will never again be owned by another human; swearing that he will protect his brother from servitude. Whatever the cost...
This one's a pokemon PoV.

Games of Dominance
This is the planned sequel to Choice and Consequence; I'm not gonna put a summary just yet, so I'll update this when it comes closer to the time of release.

Writing Tips: Meh, there's not much to say that hasn't already been said... I guess the thing that helps me most (aside from having lived on books and daydreams my entire life) is: trust your instincts. If you're unsure about anything, ask yourself whether it 'feels' right. I'm not saying you won't need to work at making ends meet and stuff like that; but, for example, if you want someone to die, don't just kill off a random character. Ask yourself whether it's really right for the story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.