• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Authors' Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frost85

Name: Frost

Strong Areas: Creating Characters, Creating deep and involving storylines with a plot twist here and there. staying true to the anime style of battling while writing.

Type Of Writing: I'm a big fan of romance, but action/adventure and comedy is where I'm really trying to go for now.

Type Of Characters: My main characters, recently, have been older, and have already established themselves in the pokemon world. and those are the characters that are easiest for me to write. others include female characters, and NPC's I do need some help in the comic pure comic relief department since most of the comedy I create is rather cynical and a bit dry.

Current Stories: as of right now I dont have any "finished" pieces... cause i'm wierd like that. but here goes

Life of a Gym leader: Features Kaiune, gym leader of Shadow City (a city that was created under Mt. Pyre) and a look into his near everyday life. On one of his usual attendances to a Gym leader's confrence, a threat by an evil organization was made that could easily destroy the ties that bind humans and pokemon as we know it.

Born of Fire: Features Tyke, a scrappy young fire trainer and his two friends setting off on their own pokemon adventure expressing their love of pokemon and perhaps, each other.

The Betail Chronicals: (wow this one's old) this is a story of Neko, a young man who waited to become a pokemon trainer untill he was 16. he leaves his hometown in Goldenrod City to become the best their is. but will the challanges of having Team Rocket always at his back keep him from his dream?

Writing Tips: One thing I've seen a lot of young and/or new writers is the want to have as much detail as possible. the problem with this is that if so much detail is put into every part of the story, then the storyline itself will become lost. something that I do to keep myself in check is to write down the bare bones of the scene first and then go over what I want or need to elaborate on to keep the story flowing while at the same time allowing the reader to feel involved.

this next one is directly connected to my own writing style. Sometimes Short and sweet is the best way to be. For example. you dont want to have a battle scene that's so caught up in detail that you loose the excitement of the battle. On the other side of that though, you dont want to be so cut and dry that when you have a scene that requires more vocal interaction between characters that your readers go "what was that scene for again?"

That's all for now
Ciao

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ookami-sama

Name: Ookami-sama, but some of you may refer to me as just Kami-sama.

Strong Areas: Backgrounds, storyline

Type Of Writing: Dramatic ___

Type Of Characters: Gym leaders, NPCs, anthros, ect.

Current Stories:

Kore Shou Kotonashi- Aria tries to be a good little Mary-Sue, but everytime he tries, something terrible pops up. Will he ever get a break?

Pokemon HighSchool ReDUX- An improvement over a project from two years ago. Now with half the characters and twice the angst.

Writing Tips: If you don't like what you're doing, then your audience won't either. Also, if you're thinking of doing a Christmas or any other holiday special, start writing it two months in advance. I'm still working the bugs out of something I wrote for last Christmas.

Name: Orion Master. You can call me Orion or Carlos, though.

Strong Areas: I'm pretty good at character development. It's the area I've been focused on the most, and I think I make a good job in it. My characters always have interesting traits and personality, as I like to have a variety in the cast. I'm also good at plot. I can add many twists and turns, and even add something that's seemingly unimportant, but that'll be of major importance way later on. I have somewhat creative stories. I'm so-so at description. I don't go into much detail at times, but I think I have a good balance. Not too few for you to remain clueless, and not too much to bore you down.

Type Of Writing: I like to write Fantasy and Adventure mostly. My main focus in fiction is Pokémon. I have a Journey Fic I had big plans for, but that I'll probably won't post here. I'm trying to move away from Journey Fics, though.

Type Of Characters: Any kind. As I said, the characters are always my main focus. I like to write more about characters with a big problem or conflict, as this provides good ground for development. I also like to have characters with an intriguing, mysterious or sad past. I don't leave the qualities behind. All my characters have their ups and their downs.

Current Stories: My latest Fic, and the one I'm intending to finish is "The Uprise of Cipher".

Genre: Adventure. Pokémon-based (Not Journey...).

Summary: Ten years after the new Cipher fell (Pokémon XD.), said organization has achieved a complete take-over of the Orre Region. Using Shadow Pokémon and their endless troops, Cipher came back from the stumbling they took twice, and now they control the population by means of fear and destruction.

As they achieved total control, they also got rid of the two Trainers that brought them down in the previous schemes: Wes and Tom. After the Orre population witnessed what the powerful organization was capable of, no one's been eager to try and oppose it. Absolutely no one...

Will this sick organization continue to perform its immoral and evil acts? Will Orre ever be freed? What will become of the entire Pokémon population in Orre? The answer lies within Cipher's Headquarters themselves...

Rated: PG-13

Writing Tips: Just keep on writing. I was a complete neophyte until recently, and I just improved. Try to structure your idea very well, before starting to write. Always follow the advice of others, as that'll help you improve a lot. And most importantly: never lose hope. I did lose faith in my writing twice, but I still stood up, and I can say I miss it all. Even if not many people reads your story, keep it going. As you improve, more people will read your creations. :)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Name: Shucklemasterj
Strong Areas: I am good in plot, origonal ideas
Type Of Writing: Murder Mystery- series
Type Of Characters: I like to write about detectives, or unwanted characters, I like all my characters to be pokemon
Current Stories: none, all of them have been deleted cos no on e posted in them and they went past the final page
[OPTIONAL]Future Stories:
The Heart of Murder (PG, Rating may change)- the new winner of the silver conferance, Danny is murdered during the celebration in a wooden villa. His faithful Sneasel, Mark (the head of security at the silver conferance) and Kelly (a doctor) try and find out who murdered Sneasel's trainer. Sherlock Holmes' style murder mystery
moderat violance, mild use of language, a strong PG, may become a PG-13

Writing Tips: If you get an idea, write it down anywhere almost instantly, because the Idea can easily go way

S

Sengfire

Name: Sengfire, Levon Snell
Strong Areas: Space, Romanti, Horror, Adventure
Type Of Writing: Fantasy
Type Of Characters: Fits The Story, The Hero
Current Stories: To Many! Published: Birdman, MARS, Krystal Clear
Future Stories: Mars 3: Blue Oasis & My Pokemon Series
Writing Tips: Always use plus not +

L

LinksOcarina

Name: LinksOcarina (Robert)

Strong Areas: Nice characterization, planned out storyline with interwoven characters and plot elements, also very good at character development.

Type Of Writing: I prefer Fantasy, because I am a fantasy nut (LOTR, etc), but I can write it like an Action packed novel, a simple mystery, etc.

Type Of Characters: Strong, Silent types, shy characters, mysterious characters, hotheads, even ambitious characters.

Current Stories: The Journey

[OPTIONAL]Future Stories: None as of right now, focuing on The Journey

Writing Tips: Even if you feel like no one is reading your fanfic, just keep writing the story, youll eventually gain some support and some people who will read it, lurk it, and comment about it.

F

Flameboo

Name: Flameboo

Strong Areas: Dialogue and Description, though I'm not bad at writing fight scenes, if I do say so myself. Also, I tend to give my characters a likeable feel, even the villains of the story.

Type of Writing: I write humor is I'm feeling light hearted, but I usually write darker fantasy. The plot usually isn't to save the world. It's more of a more personal struggle.

Type of Characters: Everything. From vicious mutants to singing Ninetails, there are a whole lot of characters. I also have a knack for making new Pokemon (Which, if you read Neaska's Gift, you will be seeing a lot of.)

Current Stories: Neaska’s Gift (I will be posting in the Fiction area soon)

Writing Tips: Ever got writer's block? Listen to music, or watch a movie. The trick is to pick a movie or music that's right. For instance, if you’re writing a fighting scene, pick something in the Action or Suspenseful category. As for music, pick the fastest or loudest thing you know. Your writing depends on what you see and hear.

T

Togepicute

Name: Togepicute ^-^;

Strong areas: I don't have one...yet.

Type of writting: It all depends on my mood...I can write something really sad (atleast for me) or the happiest thing in the world.

Type of caracters: I told you above everything depends on my mood!

Current stories: May and Brendan: A New Adventure.

Future Stories: It Happened To Misty.
Summary:
Doing things only once can ruin you life
PG13

Writing tips: Never force yourself to write! Then your story will screw up.

A

Ari Rockefeller

Name: Ari Rockefeller

Strong Areas: Character development, plot development, fight scenes, dialogue

Weak areas: Excessive length (almost to the point of being long-winded), transitions

Type Of Writing: Crossovers are my bread and butter, but I also enjoy fantasy, sci-fi, and martial arts stories. The more surreal, the more fantastic, the better.

Type Of Characters: I like to write tragic heroes, people who overcome a lot of tough odds, and people who come from less than stable homes.

Current Stories: Heroes of the Multiverse - my fanfiction opus, if you will. I call it an "uber-crossover"
Kanto Sentai Pokeranger - a Power Rangers/Pokemon crossovef fic. Coming soon to serebii.net

Future Stories:
Pokeranger VS. Power Rangers - Anyone who's familiar with the Super Sentai series (the source material for the Power Rangers shows) and has heard of or seen "Gaoranger VS. Super Sentai" will get what this is about - an all-star line up of Power Rangers drop by to lend Pokeranger a hand.

Dinos in my Pocket (working title) - For each Power Rangers season, there is a crossover featuring the team from the previous year. As I started Pokeranger while Dino Thunder was still going, I plan to write a crossover in which Dr. Oliver's team of Power Rangers helps fight against a common evil.

I

Insincerus

Name: The Cheshire Cat (Chesh, Chessy *VIPs ONLY!*, Cheshire, Kitty, Cat, T, Tyranitar, T-tar, Alice panther, and Braxton)
Strong Areas: Description, plot, setting, character-personification, and length.
Type Of Writing: Horror, Fantasy, Humor, and Mystery. I couldn't even make a sappy romance if I wanted to >.<
Type Of Characters: I am excellent in producing ALL personalities of characters. I do, however, enjoy making devious, evil, and comical characters that don't really give a damn what the other characters whisper about them behind their back XD
Current Stories:"The Serebeth Noob Trials"
Rating: PG-13 to PG-14
Release Date: 10/02/05
Star Rating: No Current Star Rating
Genre: Parody, Humor, Fantasy, Horror
Summary: A tale morphed from the online premises of the Serebii.net Forums in a twisted setting of a village plagued by an ancient evil that threatens to consume the world as it nearly did so many centuries ago.
Future Stories:Real-life Novel: "Tainted Dreams I: The Revelation"
Rating: N/A
Release Date: --/--/--
Star Rating: N/A (Not a Forum Exclusive)
Genre: Dark Humor, Fantasy, Horror, Adventure, Mystery
Summary: When one of three teenagers discovers a mystical pendant, they soon find their lives changed as it transports them to a new world full of eternal darkness, rain, and a looming evil that has awoken from a muderous slumber, searching once again for power over a place that once was thriving with life, soul, and energy. A tale plot concieved solely by (c) 2005 B.A.D. Burks.
Writing Tips: My only advice is to write what you enjoy, enjoy what you write, and study to learn how you can improve your writing to its fullest extent, personalizing it to a style that is easy and comfortable for you.

Eternal Daydreamer

Surrender to the Sea
Name: Diva1
Strong areas: Originality and really odd stories. *blushes*
Type of writing: Odd long, humor stories or long adventure stories. Can't write a good romance story though.
Type of characters: Laid back cool characters mostly.
Current stories: I haven't posted any yet...
Future stories:
Not So Sensational- Four mystical rings called the Rings of Kygore were forged over a thousand years ago when the world was new. In modern time the Sensational Sisters have found them, and this is what happens.
Writing advice: Originality! You don't have to copy other people's works to be a good writer.

J

jhoto moto

Name:jhoto moto or Jh or Ryan
Strong Areas: Don't know but I think description and lame humour
Type Of Writing: Comedy,adventure with some romance,quest
Type Of Characters: Ryan,Jonathen,Lora,Cassandra
Current Stories: Adventures of Four friends
Future Stories: Run Away, Soul, Inner Me, Drag
Writing Tips: I have none I am a bigginer and am new at writing fics so can people give me advice on making a good adventure romance

Thats all.

M

Metarock Sam

The Authors’ Profile
This was approved by the Fan-Fic Moderator, Dragonfree. Here, authors can post their own profiles about writing. That way, it would be much easier for authors to post what stories they have out, and give out writing tips to their reviewers. Also, they could really go technical and post great comments about their story to attract more reviewers. Well, when doing you profile, please include the following as a base. Once including these, you can add whatever you would like to.

Name: Metarock Sam, Sam ,Herman, Hermanator
Strong Areas: Im good at writing Plots though I tend to get lost in that and sometimes forget to add description
Type Of Writing: Fantasy stories.
Type Of Characters: Well I like Writing Heroes , Villans but not so much cutsie characters
Current Stories: Sams Pokemon Experience
Writing Tips: Use good Punctuation and remeber every character counts.

SnoringFrog

Name:SnoringFrog - SF, the frog, SFrog, ZFrog, Ethan

Strong Areas: Coming up with original ideas, and being inspired by the weirdest things. Maybe my description, I don't know.Sometimes I can come up

with realyy great titles, or write a fic if I'm given just a title.

Weak Areas: Sometimes, coming up with good titles. It's weird, I'll draw a blank on one story, and come up with literally 25-35 ideas for another.

Getting emotion into a fic the way I want it, and sticking with one story. I get inspired too much, I've got so many new ideas I want to work on, as

well as my older stories from a few years ago I want to rewrite and attempt to make them at least mediocre. Trying to connect two sendtences with

a comma. I caught myself doing that multiple times today.

Type Of Writing: Dark fics, everything I've written recently seems to revolve around death. The one that doesn't ends with lots of death. I write a

little bit of humor, and I'm trying to get better at poetry. I want to be able to do good length, not humorous poems, but so far my best is a 6-line

comedy about a squirrel. Recently I considered stopping writing Pokemon fics, but I don;t thin I will. As long as I get good ideas, I will continue

writing them, but even if I do stop writing Pokemon fics, I willl continue writing other fics, and will continue reading pokemon fics.

Type Of Characters: Not quite sure. My characters are all so varied it's hard to say. Although I seem to have trouble writing first-person a lot of

times.

Things I like to read: Anything with a good plot and decent description that is well written. Nothing I love more than a well-written story. There isn't

really one specific genre I enjoy more than others, but I do like horror.

Thinks I don't like to read: Some fantasy, Redwall and Lord of the Rings(if those are fantasy) are great, but there's alot of fantasy I don't care for.

Anything predictable. I don't like stories that you read the first two paragraphs and go, "Oh, he's going to save the world, but not right befoere it

blows up." And you already know everything that's going to happen. I try to avoid that in my writing as well. I'll write a story that seems predictable,

one that you just know will turn out perfectly in the end, adn then switch it all around from 'happily ever after' to 'the torture and grief continues on

and on.' Just to confuse people a little bit. Anything poorly written or that lacks a good plot.

Current Stories:
The Saddened Journey - TSJ follows an eleven-year-old boy named Eric who has just lost his entire hometown in a tornado predicted by an Absol as

he seeks his revenge on the entire species. I am currently working on a revision, so I will end up with another thread, and a new rating.

Sevii Islands: Intertwining Destinies - Can't really give much of a summary, since I only write the chapters that are from Absol's point of view.

Someone else does the main plot, and another person does the chapters from a trainer's point a view.

Future Stories: All of these are non-pokemon fics.

No Witnesses(pending title) - This story follws assassin Cid Vulcan as he lives his life after being abandoned by everyone he knew. He is heartless,

and has no remorse for his actions whatsoever. (There's a preview of the rough draft of the first chapter here in the Author's Cafe somewhere.)

Tod(pending title) - Death has never had so much trouble with a person before. Tod has met death quite a few times in his 350 years, but has

outsmarted the Grim Reaper at every time. Will he ever die? (cookies for anyone that figures out why I chose Tod for the name.)

Amidst the Oats - After being enslaved in the oats fields for countless generations, hope has finally found a place to roost and thrive once more. The

heart of a young man named Von who hopes to free his people from the dictatorship to which they have been enslaved so long.

I've got a legend I'm working on writing that will hopefully turn into a fic, but I'm not sure how well it will work.

There are others, but I don't really have time to type them up right now.

Writing Tips:
-If you get stuck with writer's block, don't worry. Keep thinking about it and you'll get through it.
-Make sure to pay attention to your reviews. While you don't have to do everything a reviewer suggests, most of the time their opinions can really

help a story.If I ignored my reviews, my stories would never get much better, but thanks to people like Negrek, Act, and Saffire Persian, I can now

see lots of problems I overlooked in my story.
-Use a thesaurus! They can be a great help to a writer! Make sure to use your mind as well. Sometimes the thesaurus of your brain is the best

thing you can use.
-Don't fret about getting it perfect the first time. There will always be time to rework your fic later. At first, just get your ideas on paper(or

monitor) and fix them up later.
-Read lots of books and well written fics to get ides about different styles of writing. Lots of times this can be one of the biggest helps to an

author.
-Try not to be redundant. Avoid using the same word more than once in close succsession, and maybe even more than once in the chapter(this

refers mostly to adjectives and adverbs). Don't start all your sentences the same way either. It gets very annoying and bland.
-Revisions always can help. If you keep rewriting your fic, and making it a little better every time, you should come up with something good. While

revisions aren't always necessary, sometimes they can do wonders for a story.
-Pay attention to your surroundings in life. Lots of times a good idea will come to you from the oddest of places. I've got some ideas in my head

that hit me while watching the National Geographic channel. One idea I have came to me while observing a dragonfly when I was mowing. "Amidst

the Oats" came about as a result of ranodm babbling and my brief fascination with the word 'amidst' one day at lunch.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Name: Ledian_X
Strong Areas: Length, drama, comedy, action and romance.
Type Of Writing: Superhero action adventure/comedy/romance/drama stories
Type Of Characters: Human characters, meaning they have heart and emotion. My characters vary a bit.
Current Stories:

Starbolts: New Beginnings- a story of tragedy and triumph featuring the future of Earth's heroes and a story that will change their lives forever.

Future Stories: Dunno yet. Possibly have a Starbolts baddie come back.
Writing Tips: Good grammar, Good descriptions, scene breakers and length all take part in a good fic. Pokemon or otherwise.

Last edited:
R

ritzdijuto

yeah..my author's profile:

name: ritz
strong areas: dark poetry. Nearly all my publicly exposed stories are poetic. Ya'know, making you all depressed and sad when you read it or something.
type of writing: poetry. Or a reasonable facismile thereof. (probably spelled that wrong..)
type of characters: frantic or depressed, usually. Most of my productions are first person, like a letter almost.
current stories: haven't had a chance to post any here, but...
future stories:
all of these are complete, but short.
Judgement- main character is mewtwo, and he's on trail. What is fairly vague, I need to improve it. Italics are like song lyrics almost, just breaking up and spicing up the writing a bit.
Flight & lots of other poems- dark poems where the main character is barely described, and a few are fairely confusing. Usually bad things happen.
writing tips: try to write down details right as they come, so you won't forget them. Like yesterday night, I collapsed before I could write down some details. Now I forget were I fell asleep. Also, don't spell like me. I probably made a bunch of spelling errors I'm too lazy to check, sorry.

Dilasc

Boip!
Name: Dilasc, Daniel

Strong Areas: Description, Plays on Words, Characterization, Twisting the English Language

Weak Areas: Luring a Fanbase, Sometimes I Rush Chapters to Completion, and Screwups Brought About by My Wordplay and lack of doublechecking patience

Type Of Writing: Drama, with a little bit of everything involved. After all, why settle for ONE topic, when you can have everything from a space travel and a Pokemon journey all in on

Type Of Characters: Dramatic and deep characters, but I think all kinds of characteers must be utilized to the fullest.

Current Stories: Dust to Deceit: Read it! Seriously though, it's a deep story that's a trainer adventure, except that it's not a trainer adventure alone, with legendary Oni demon masks, Spacemen, murderers, and firebreathing Rattatas, this is a story you'll just have to read to understand.

Future Stories: Maybe someday...

Writing Tips: Before you type it, speak the words. Let them roll off your tongue, and listen carefully. If it sounds like it works with the English language, then put it in! If it sounds like crap, try saying something else! It is important to get a feel for proper English and to understand how to utilize and manipulate it.

dude-z

< My first Shiny!!!!
Name: I would prefer Dude-z or Dudeomega..
Strongest Areas: Creative Thinking.
Weak Areas: Spelling and details....
Currently on Serebii: Joltorb Rises
In the future: Early next year i'm planning 3 stories(see sig)
Writng Tips: Grab a freind and brainstorm! Two minds are better than 1! Learn from what your critics point out and work on that.

PS EDIT: I try to spread out on diffrent charicters and writng styles...

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Me!

Name: jetx but you can call me Jet, maybe someday I'll reveal my real name...
Age: 11, but don't underestimate me, I'm the best story writer in my class!
Strong areas: Similies, personalities and some description.
Weak areas: A few, I improve using reviews, I try to make my fic better every chapter...
Current story: Shroomy's adventures, very liked by my schoolmates, it's about a breloom, he can be innocent but also rough, in chapter 3 his bad side sperates him from his trainer and that's where everything goes downhill...
Types of writing: Adventure, a bit of romance in the first few chapters but that doesn't last long, I don't enjoy writing romance. Action and sort of fantasy but not much...
Future stories: I don't have plans for one, I want my current to become really popular...
Writing tips: Make the reader hooked to it, so they always get exited about cliffhangers and talk about thier exitement for the next chapter...

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Name: RaZoRLeAf (also known as PorygonX, PX, Dan)

Strong Areas: Character design I expect, something that stems from RPGing. Check my tips for an understanding of this. I try to spend a lot of time building characters, from their appearance and personality, even to their name, making sure it sounds right and fits into their personality to a certain degree.
Weak Areas: Hard to pin down really. When you make a character post for an RPG, there's only one main person who you are trying to portray, but with fiction, you have to use many more characters and usually equally. This is difficult sometimes, I find I have things that need to be said, but don't fit into a certain characters personality, so they get little 'screen time'.

Type Of Writing: Mostly action/adventure. I try to add bits from other genres into this. I'd give anything a go except full blown romance. The most I'd do is affection between characters, just so long as they weren't clichés.
Type Of Characters: Anything really, as long as they have depth I could probably write them. Most of the characters I make are well rounded without any major personality issues or things, but i'm working on improving that by creating characters with more history to them.

Current Stories:

Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule - *****
A Zelda fic obviously. Everything you think you know about the creation of the world is a lie. A being as old as the world itself is released, and only the three avatars of the Triforce have any chance of defeating it.

The Night Serebii Went Insane - *****
A comedy fic, written with people from the #spp chat room. It began as a joke, and developed into something more, but only gets written when I feel like it. So there are often months between chapters. The next and final chapter is in development hell.

Future Stories:

Generation Omega (preview) - No Rating
A trainer fic with a twist. Set in a future where pokemon have been ravaged by a virus and now use nano technology to survive, a trainer sets out across Kanto to live his dream, and experience the Indido Omega League.

Writing Tips: This tip is coming from my experience of RPGing. Spend as much time as possible creating your characters. Make a basic character form (Name, Age, Gender, personality, Description, History) and fill that out for your character. Then keeping adding whatever needs to be added until you can look at it and think "Yes, that IS my character". Do that for all your primary characters, and make a basic one for secondary characters. That way, no matter where you are in your story, you have a file to refer to with the important details in.

Remember it's YOUR fiction, nobody elses (usually). Don't change your own ideas because someone doesn't like it, or suggests you add what they do like. Don't feel pressured to churn out a new chapter because someone wants to read more. If you rush a chapter, you'll regret it afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.