• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Average "Pokemon" Player's Age

Average Age?

• 1 - 7, started playing.

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • 8 - 11, started playing.

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • 12 - 16, started playing.

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • 17 - 21, started playing.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 22 - Older, started playing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 7, current age.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - 11, current age.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 12 - 16, current age.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • 17 - 21, current age.

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 22 - Older, current age.

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manene!

I was posting in the "Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?" thread and it made me wonder, how old are most "Pokemon" players and when did they start? "Pokemon" gets treated like it's only for children, while, for example "Mario" games are always cool. So, I'm just wondering what's the average age of a "Pokemon" game player.

You vote twice, for the age you started and for the age you are now.

BCVM22

Now hold on there, pilgrim. Are you asking how old the people here are or how old "most" Pokémon gamers are, because the two average figures are going to be very, very different. You most certainly are not polling an evenly-represented sample of the fanbase here.

Manene!

Now hold on there, pilgrim. Are you asking how old the people here are or how old "most" Pokémon gamers are, because the two average figures are going to be very, very different. You most certainly are not polling an evenly-represented sample of the fanbase here.
I'm polling on the age they started and their current age. And since the poll is for here, of course the poll isn't going to be totally accurate, but it'll give a good idea on what the average age is.

BCVM22

but it'll give a good idea on what the average age is.

On this board, yes. For the fanbase as a whole, no. That was my point - the board, while well-populated, is certainly not an accurate representation of the rest of the fanbase.

Just saying.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I started playing when I was 9 and I'm 21 now.

Manene!

On this board, yes. For the fanbase as a whole, no. That was my point - the board, while well-populated, is certainly not an accurate representation of the rest of the fanbase.

Just saying.
Oh, kay. It's not like it's a poll that'll be used in some kind of study or anything. :\

Senkou

Holier than thou
I started playing Pokemon when I was 6, and currently I'm 14.

Oh, kay. It's not like it's a poll that'll be used in some kind of study or anything. :\

I wonder...

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
R/B was released in 1998, right? Well going on that, I started playing when I was 8. I'm 20 now.

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
Started at 6, nearly 18 now. Interesting to see that over 17s are in the majority at the moment, though I'm not sure I see many 1-7 year olds posting here... :p

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
lol! I started when I was 6-8, now I'm just about 18.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I started at about 8 or 9, and I'm currently 19. Turns out I'm in the average...

Laurencin

Started at 6ish, and I'm 14 now.

MegamanDX

Megaman/Pokemon fan!
i've started at 5 and now 15

Status
Not open for further replies.